Trieste: Vacationing in the Poisoned Air

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Trieste: Vacationing in the Poisoned Air

#41 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter "Well that can't be good Eugene looks a bit out of sorts." Carters says to Loraine. Then shouts to Eugene "You alright Eugene?" as he continues on his way to meet Eugene.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by DadsAngry »

Eugene - Navigator

Eugene still heavy in though looks up when he hears his name.
"Carter? Loraine? What are you doing here?" He says very surprised seeing the two.
"I thought you were looking into the probe we found. Surely you just came back for just a second and are going right back, right?" He say most nervously.
The arrival of Carter and Loraine complicate the task at hand even more. It's clear that with less than two hours to go Eugene is going to have to get creative.
GreyWolfVT

#43 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter "Are you alright Eugene?" carter says with clear concern and a look that says he feels something is definitely wrong.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by max_vale »

Loraine 'El Zee' Zane

Loraine's old Security instincts start screaming as she sees Eugene's nervousness and attempts to get Carter and her to leave. "What exactly are you up to, hmmm?"
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Grognardsw »

Isaac C. Heinlein, young explorer-about-town, Trieste

Ike, footloose and fancy-free, waves goodbye to his shipmates as they head back to the docked spacecraft. He finishes up at the network cafe, checking and posting updates in his play-by-post game of intergalactic diplomacy. He decides to poke about more and gain an appreciation for this alien city-under-a-dome.

The ex-Scout takes in a VR-simvid, enjoying being an armor-clad fighter called a "knight" from the dim past of distant Terra, battling evil princesses to save the beautiful dragon. Something about the simulation seems off, he decides afterwards. Perhaps a cultural nuance.

Ike then explores a museum on the history of Trieste, covering the settlement, their mining accomplishments, notable citizens, and the development of their insect-based gourmet delicacies (widely exported to other planets.) He feels an urge for bug-pons as he walks out the door.

The explorer dismisses thoughts of how to eliminate a certain alien as he approaches an extravagent building adorned with red strobe lights shining upon statues of pink princesses, vacuum-cleavage heaving, clinging on iridescent rockets ever-erect toward the heavens. "Seventh Heaven - The Pleasure Palace of Alien Delights" reads the sign, though Ike's translation skills aren't perfect, he thinks he knows what entertainments may be found within.
DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by DadsAngry »

Eugene - Navigator

"What am I up to? Ah, well I, ah, well I thought that you would be gone longer. Thats all, and ah... Samantha. Yeah Samantha and her ah snow globe. I wanted to make her dinner, yeah in the cargo bay just the two of us. You know no one else around. Nice private meal in the cargo bay along with the cargo and all and I can give her the snow globe there at dinner. So you two need to go."
Eugene reaches into his pockets and pull out the last of his currency.
"I know it's not even enough for a meal for one but it's all I got. I can pay you more when I get the rest of my pay."
GreyWolfVT

#47 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter eyes Eugene suspiciously "Keep your money. Wouldn't it make more sense to have a private meal in your or her private quarters Eugene?" Carter can really tell something is not right.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by DadsAngry »

Eugene - Navigator

"Well ah sure crew quarter would be more private but ah, they are so cramped. Yeah really cramped. The cargo bay is so nice and ah, ah big and private when nobody else is around. So will you do it? Loraine? Carter, bunkmate, pal?"
GreyWolfVT

#49 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter "Eugene I think there are better places than the cargo bay."

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#50 Post by DadsAngry »

Eugene - Navigator

"Loraine your a women help me out here. Sure the cargo bay doesn't seem like the best place but it's where we first met. I had just come on board and Samantha was in the cargo hold. She was calculating the weight of the cargo and performing other preflight checks. I said hi and she look in my direction. Come on you two I'm begging you. Just stay away for a couple of hours or three."
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by max_vale »

Loraine 'El Zee' Zane

Loraine just shakes her head at Eugene's pleas and nervousness. "No Eugene; I can't think of any woman I know wanting to have a nice romantic moment in a cargo bay. Find a nice restaurant and take her there. Also; it's pretty obvious you're terrified about us finding out something and if it has NOTHING to do with the rest of us or the ship we're all sharing; I'm happy to leave it to you to sweat over; but I need to know....DOES WHATEVER YOU'RE TRYING TO HIDE FROM US THREATEN THE REST OF US OR THE SHIP?"

Loraine had lost her patience and was doing her best to break out her 'Security' voice in an attempt to pin the panicked man down and get him to spit it out....

OOC: Not sure if a roll is needed; but just trying to scare/intimidate Eugene into letting us know if WE'RE in trouble; or just him. Also....just trying to RP; so nothing personal! :)
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Keehnelf »

LZ is significantly stronger, tougher and more self-assured than Eugene, so it's fair to say she's intimidating. Let's see if dadsangry wants to go with it or if we need a roll.
DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by DadsAngry »

Eugene - Navigator

Eugene shutters at seeing another more intimidating side of Loraine. She usually so quite.
"What? Hiding?" Eugene twist his face into a what he thinks is his innocent look but to everyone else it's screams guilty.
"I'mm not hiding anything." he says with a stutter as his face changes to a look of realization that his plan is not going to work. Eugene heart beats faster and faster. Little beads of sweat start falling from his brow as the pressure from Loraine weighs heavily upon him.
"I'dd bettter ah, you know…" he looks to the ground avoiding eye contact. Eugene feeling like a cornered animal starts to slowly shuffles his feet backwards. Slowly moving away from the two while still to face them.
"Never mind, stay. I'll come up with another way, I mean plan something else for Samantha. Yeah" he says as he picks his head up with a forced smile on his face.
"Cargo bay, what was I thinking?" Eugene tries his best to laugh off the encounter. It very clear that Loraine has Eugene on ropes and that it won't take much more for him to crack.

OOC: max_vale you have him on the ropes deliver your finishing move and I guarantee he'll spill the beans.
GreyWolfVT

#54 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter "Really Eugene, I would consider you a fellow man at arms or comrade as the russians used to call it. We both are ex-scouts and are crewmates. Come please be honest with me. I cannot take an more betrayal from any more crew mates. Once on this trip was enough already."

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Grognardsw »

Ike, explorer

Refreshed from his sojourn in the pleasure palace, Ike heads back to the ship.
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Keehnelf »

While there, Ike made the acquaintance of a friendly lilac-skinned dralthmi woman looking for a chance to get off-world. She's got the cash but no travel papers and would offer 20,000 to someone who could get her off world, in addition to the fare for passage.
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Grognardsw »

"I'd be happy to get you off," says Ike with a smile. "But I'm not sure about off world. Let me check with some acquaintances who may be able to procure papers."
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by max_vale »

Loraine 'El Zee' Zane

Loraine had lost her patience with Eugene and while Carter attempted one more time to talk reasonably to him, Loraine put her head down and clenched her jaw and her fists and tensed the muscles in her arms and back....

Right after Carter finished and before Eugene could get out another rambling, obviously false cover story; Loraine's hand shot out and grabbed a bunch of Eugene's shirt material in the center of his chest and yanked the man close to her. In a barely-controlled voice through clenched teeth; the obviously furious El Zee spoke up;

"Eugene...you are OBVIOUSLY trying to sleaze your way out of some trouble. I don't care about that if it only impacts you....but as the rest of us are on the same ship with you; if we're in any danger of shady types showing up with weapons or getting captured by criminals and tortured to give info about you or anything like that; I NEED TO KNOW NOW!"
GreyWolfVT

#59 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter wheels up uncomfortably close to Eugene "Indeed tell us what is going on."

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by DadsAngry »

Eugene - Navigator

Eugene is surprised as Loraine grabs hold of him and slightly lift him from the ground. He quickly shuts his eyes tight and turns his head to the side.
"Please don't hurt me! It wasn't my fault. I didn't have a choice. She had a gun on me. They're going to kill me if I didn't help them."
He pauses for a second and slowly turns his head back and opens his eyes. Seeing that no fists are coming his way he continues his story.
"You see I was on my way back to the ship when I was stopped by this woman with a gun at my back. She knew me by name. She threatened to kill me if I didn't give them our cargo. She said that they would be watching me. I don't want to die. All I had to do was to make sure that the transfer of the cargo went smoothly, that there was no interference. Nobody was going to get hurt I promise you. If I did this for her she said it would make my debt with Sims even. I'd be a free man. I wouldn't have to look over my shoulder anymore. You got to believe me. I just needed everyone gone. It wasn't supposed to be like this. It was supposed to be easy, she said. I just wanted to go back the ship and relax. Maybe have dinner, give Samantha her snow globe, and get some sleep. Please you have to help me. They're probably observing us now."
His head swings back and forth surveying the area.
"You have to leave or I'm a dead man. I don't want to be thrown out an airlock. Please I'm begging you. You have to help me. We only have a couple of hours before they show up."
Last edited by DadsAngry on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “On the Knife's Edge (Classic Traveller)”