Part 2: Enroute to Tragidore

Talmor
Guide
Guide

Re: Part 2: Enroute to Tragidore

#41 Post by Talmor »

"Hmph, I'm still assuming this green-eyes thing is part of the reason the locals require our aid. But I agree that our first stop should be the inn and the woman who summoned us. I'm sure more will be clear once we arrive."
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#42 Post by Dogma »

"Regardless of what we do first when we get to Tragidore, we need to find a place to camp for the night,"interjected Thifli. "We're in no rush to get there and I don't relish the thought of traveling all night. Find a place to camp, rustle up some grub, and get some sleep...be time enough tomorrow to sort out the rest."
Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#43 Post by Dune »

I agree maybe a few berries on the side of the road I can eat with my bread.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#44 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Guessing that you guys are travelling until near nightfall and looking for a suitable campsite.

The party continues on for another hour or so and there are far less farms or people from what you can see on the road. You are now past the very first bend in the road where it turns and goes north for a while. To your east you have the brush directly infront of you is the road and further up you can start to see the forest but it is still a bit distant. To the west is old plowed up farmland with weeds and grass growing up from it. The road still looks very much less used than I might have once been 6 weeks ago or longer. There has been no more people or signs of much life other than the squirrels and birds. You are now nearing about 4-5pm it's starting to get dark as the sun is setting to the west. There are no old abandoned homes or barns to rest in. As it starts to get darker you can see a fog off in the distance slowly rolling in.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#45 Post by Dune »

we could just break for camp just off the side of the road or maybe in those cut up farm lands, what you guys think? Dune asks.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by ybn1197 »

"I agree. We should be off the road, but the farmlands will give us perfect sight in all directions. Perhaps, since we are in the open, we should forgo a fire? We should not draw any undue attention to ourselves." Neev looks around for confirmation.
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by PyroArrow »

If it is getting dark around 4-5pm it must be early winter! So we are going to need a campfire!
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)
Talmor
Guide
Guide

#48 Post by Talmor »

is it winter? Is it safe for us not to have a fire from a weather point of view? If so, no fire. Otherwise, do our best to conceal it. I have Survival, if it comes up. In either case, Eirik will give a curt nod of assent to whichever is the case, and head off the road to find a suitable campsite.
GreyWolfVT

#49 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Talmor wrote:is it winter? Is it safe for us not to have a fire from a weather point of view? If so, no fire. Otherwise, do our best to conceal it. I have Survival, if it comes up. In either case, Eirik will give a curt nod of assent to whichever is the case, and head off the road to find a suitable campsite.
It's vermont in the fall. :P
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Talmor
Guide
Guide

#50 Post by Talmor »

When in autumn? In September, the average low in around 50 F. Which is tolerable, so we'll do that. If it's October, when the average low is 33, then we'll need a fire. God bless Wikipedia!
GreyWolfVT

#51 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Talmor wrote:When in autumn? In September, the average low in around 50 F. Which is tolerable, so we'll do that. If it's October, when the average low is 33, then we'll need a fire. God bless Wikipedia!
We'll go with mid September.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by PyroArrow »

Ok, so we could get by without a fire if we all bundle up in our bedrolls & stay close together.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :

Player:

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
GreyWolfVT

#53 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yes, it won't get cold enough to need a fire. Is there going to be any established watch or is everyone going to rest?

Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#54 Post by Dune »

I don't sleep much traveling until we reach an inn, I can take first watch if you all would like..I sleep better after the morning hours have started anyway. Dune suggests eating some bread and pulling out one of his manuals..
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by PyroArrow »

Ok so Dune takes the first watch & Theodore will take 2nd watch.

Player:

Talmor
Guide
Guide

#56 Post by Talmor »

Eirik will take last watch.
GreyWolfVT

#57 Post by GreyWolfVT »

On 1st watch Dune notices that a thick fog is quickly setting in. In the fog he believes he sees somethings moving in the fog. There is a a foul odor that hits him as he sees these figures moving closer to the camp. But the fog makes it hard for him to distinguish what the figures are, his nose just tells him they possibly have not bathed recently but this could just be the wind moving his companion Lubidius's scent towards him he is not sure of which. As the figures move closer one of them speaks out in a rough form of common “Good evening. Have you paid your taxes to the king lately? I am sure that you have magical items, and just as sure that you have neglected to make payment for the right to carry such things. You can avoid trouble by putting all of your equipment in a big pile and letting us examine it. Do not cause trouble, and you will be spared!"

Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#58 Post by Dune »

I quickly yell to wake up everyone.Guys, guys, we got company and it isn't of the friendly sort, Dune proclaims.
Last edited by Dune on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GreyWolfVT

#59 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dune wrote:I quickly nudge Eirik to wake him up.Eirik we got company, wake up and if time I do the same to Theodore. Dune proclaims.
You have time to wake one in that manner or just yell and wake em all up.

Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#60 Post by Dune »

Dune waits to see what the others will do.

Return to “Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (2e)”