Blake Hayes' start

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Blake Hayes' start

#41 Post by Rukellian »

Hmmm, probably should have said something about that a bit sooner, maybe spend some time looking for it before blowing the place up? :lol: Oh well! Perhaps your super will run into a similar piece of equipment soon enough ;)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#42 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yeah that is what I was speaking of earlier but Raven was more important. Besides I think Blake knows of another location that has something just like this.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rukellian »

Well, all in good time I suppose. For now, I have something set up for you to do. So, yeah, I will just need your response when you are good and ready to continue the arc.

It's good that you are sharing some of your future plans for your character, this helps me as the DM plan certain things out; but as you may know, that concept of sharing ideas and actually incorporating them will only go so far. I, in the end, have the final say in what happens.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#44 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Trust me I know that mr DM. ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

GreyWolfVT

#45 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Ah is that you the green man from earlier? I must say you have quite a talent there." Blake says towards the sound in the bushes. "There is no point trying to hide I know someone is there in the bushes, plus I can see your footprints."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Rukellian »

A grunt can be heard from within the forest and the green man partially reveals himself, all the while on guard. "So, one of you decided to pursue me after all. The fact that you have not attacked me right off the bat is promising, but... ONE CAN NEVER BE TOO SURE!"
changed human for campaign.png
changed human for campaign.png (175.71 KiB) Viewed 640 times
He then lunges at you with a raised fist!

This will be your first combat scenario. Things like these usually start off with a basic 1d100 roll for initiative, highest roll with added awareness goes first. Afterwards, you will declare your action for the round. If it is an attack, roll a 1d100 for to hit. Refer to the master table in the percentile table thread to see if your attack was a success. Once the success of your attack was determined, look towards the appropriate rank value for your damage output. Most ranged attacks fall under the coordination stat, physical attacks fall under the brawn, and the use of powers will have their own associated rank values to use for damage purposes.

GreyWolfVT

#47 Post by GreyWolfVT »

[1d100] = 58

"Ha Attack you why would I do such a thing I just blew the place up and you appear to have given those supers a run for their money. I don't have a problem with people like you and me I have a problem with people like them heroes, worthless do-gooders." Blake will say while doing what he can to avoid being hit. "If you hadn't noticed while you were leaving I could have attacked you but I didn't. I like destruction and chaos, you appear to have accomplished this as the heroes were the ones intending to go after you until I threw them off their game." if dodging is not a success and his words fail him, his actions Blake will retaliate.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Rukellian »

The green man moves fast, but Hot Streak's mouth moves faster. The green man is thrown off by the suddenly casual dialogue and listens during his first punch. Concentration breaks and he misses. Hot Streak's opponent is definitely not the fighting type, already showing signs of exhaustion. A long day perhaps? "Your words hold some truth... I will listen to what you have to say, but not here." The green man relaxes a bit and then points towards the forested area. "In that direction is a hidden helicopter pad, my ride more or less. If what you say is true, our goals may align and we can help each other out in what we do best. Meet me their if wish to learn more, other-wise stay out of my way and I will do the same for you." His tone is grave and his offer comes off as a more of an ultimatum than anything else, but this is an oppurtunity, regardless, and Hot Streak recognizes it as such.

GreyWolfVT

#49 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Intrigued Blake speeds off to the meeting place. He cranks up his music playlist and puts in some earbuds. What an interesting villain he was. Blake thinks as he speeds off. Perhaps a new ally? quite the thought indeed at the very least someone to help cause chaos amongst the do-gooders at least either way. the rest of the time enroute Blake just jams out to his favorite songs.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Rukellian »

You super speed for some time now, listening to at least a half hour's worth of music. The scenery changes from a winter landscape to a more densely forested area. How in the world he landed a helicopter in here, Hot Streak has a hard time figuring out; but soon enough, just as the green man said, an opening appears, with a helicopter waiting on some evenly layed logs. A camouflaged tarp is draped over it to protect it frome aerial view.
hidden helipad.jpg
hidden helipad.jpg (62.21 KiB) Viewed 636 times
Here is what it looks like with out the men in the picture.

The green man catches up with Hot Streak a minute or so later, landing from what appeared to be a super leap. He looks physically exhausted, and you can see why he uses the helicopter to get around. "...Good, *pant* you've found the spot." He then proceeds in removing the tarp and folding it up before putting it inside, all the while catching his breath. After he is finished with that, he turns to Hot Streak and says this before entering the pilot's seat: "If you have any last minute phone calls to make, do so now. Where we are going, there will be no phone reception available." He smiles when he says this. "One of my hide out's security features."

Yes, your future henchman has a headquarters of his own, the size of which you will have to see for yourself.

GreyWolfVT

#51 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Blake makes a quick phone call to his contact from earlier that set the explosion charges. "Hey job well done you did the job perfectly the music and the explosions all perfectly set and timed. I'm going to be out of communication for a while, but help yourself to the usual payment, you know where I keep your payment stashed, and be ready for when I return I might need your help again with another job." with that Blake puts his phone away and gets into the helicopter. "Alright, I'm ready to talk so lets hit the skies."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Rukellian »

The green man nods and starts to flip some switches and turn a whole bunch of dials, a whole dashboard of instruments unfamiliar to Hot Streak; thankfully, he his not flying the thing. When Blake Hayes is in his seat and close the door beside him, he gives the go signal. The helicopter slowly starts to lift itself from the ground, and before he even knew it, they were in the skies, already over a body of water.

The sound of the helicopter's propellers are drowned out in the background as it is becomes but a muffled sound in comparison to the silence inside. The green man then speaks up, breaking said silence, and introduces himself. "You can call me Symbiosis for now. Tell me this before anything else. Would you be fine with watching the world burn, helping me ignite it with the green flames of revenge?" Symbiosis does not move his eyes from the projection ahead, the navigational instruments displayed on the screen before him.

GreyWolfVT

#53 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Well Symbiosis, I call myself Hot Streak. I have been on a revenge kick for quite some time and yes I have been literally burning parts of the world on a regular basis. You might be familiar with some of my work you hear about that explosion that killed roughly 2 to 3 heroes just a few days ago? Well that was me. So yes I will help you burn the world. As the weak humans and these idiot heroes deserve that." While talking more Blake has a hard time restraining himself and begins to sound more and more with rage as he gets to the end of his little rant. Blake realizes how mad he is because he has almost torn the arm rest of his seat. You can almost swear you see flames in his eyes.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:"Well Symbiosis, I call myself Hot Streak. I have been on a revenge kick for quite some time and yes I have been literally burning parts of the world on a regular basis. You might be familiar with some of my work you hear about that explosion that killed roughly 2 to 3 heroes just a few days ago? Well that was me. So yes I will help you burn the world. As the weak humans and these idiot heroes deserve that." While talking more Blake has a hard time restraining himself and begins to sound more and more with rage as he gets to the end of his little rant. Blake realizes how mad he is because he has almost torn the arm rest of his seat. You can almost swear you see flames in his eyes.
"Good, it would definitely appear that you have a burning motive of your own. I'm sure that our work together will be most fruitful. Hot Streak.... yes, I've seen your work, quite impressive; a bit too flashy compared to what I usually do, but still, it gets the job done quite nicely."

After a moment's pause, adjusting the instruments on the dashboard, Symbiosis then asks Blake cautiously: "the... 'heroes' back in the installation you just leveled, I assume they were not friends of yours?"

GreyWolfVT

#55 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Friends? Ha! Don't make me laugh, I haven't met the blue woman before but the one who calls himself Raven....well that is entirely different. I know him but he is no friend of mine. Not after what he did to me." you can hear the seething hatred in his voice again. "The fool betrayed me long ago when I like them was a foolish Hero. I saw the error of that road long ago and was betrayed by my teammates and my friends. Now I have friends of a different sort whom have helped me with my flashy style as you called it. You appear to not be without resources of your own, I think we can form a great alliance and pool our resources and really make the world burn." with the last of his statement Blake begins to smile a quite devious smile indeed.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Rukellian »

"I most certainly have the resources necessary, behold.... a whole island's worth." His hand extends to the view before them. "Welcome to my private island country."
abandoned island.jpg
abandoned island.jpg (46.59 KiB) Viewed 627 times

GreyWolfVT

#57 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I hate that I have nothing :lol:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Rukellian »

As the helicopter starts to hover closer to the island, Symbiosis starts to point out some the structures and gives Hot Streak a brief history of the place.
abandoned island headquarters outside.jpg
abandoned island headquarters outside.jpg (68.51 KiB) Viewed 623 times
"Those set of buildings over there serve as my main headquarters. A nuclear bomb test some years ago, back when countries still had them, was tested some miles away from here. The island was evacuated of course, but they never came back. So I liberated the place and made it my home." During your descent down you also spot a giant radar dish and some sort of antennae array in one of the corners of the island. Its high-tech presence creates a stark contrast with its surroundings.
satellite dish.jpg
satellite dish.jpg (389.95 KiB) Viewed 623 times
abandoned island helipad location.jpg
abandoned island helipad location.jpg (54.36 KiB) Viewed 623 times
Symbiosis lands the helipad in a clearing and proceeds to get out. The island certainly does have that abandoned feel to it, no movement what so ever can be found, the place was dead. You both navigate the ruined streets of what once used to be a small city and finally make your way to the front of the headquarters in question.
abandoned island street view.jpg
abandoned island street view.jpg (213.2 KiB) Viewed 623 times
close up on abandoned island structure.jpg
close up on abandoned island structure.jpg (124.74 KiB) Viewed 623 times

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Rukellian »

I'm going to have to retire for the night, wanted to at least give you something to look at and to introduce you to Symbiosis' digs. Will pick up on this tomorrow after work.

GreyWolfVT

#60 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Quite interesting, and I think it perfect how many heroes would think to look for a bunch of villains here in an old island that looks abandoned. You are quite the sly being Symbiosis. This place is perfect way better than my little place." Blake smiles at how diabolical this headquarters truly is he cannot await to see what it really looks like under the cleaver ruse of looking entirely abandoned.

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”