UE Issue #3: Smash and GRAB

gurusql
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: UE Issue #3: Smash and GRAB

#41 Post by gurusql »

Agent McGinley

"Dos Seso is the van what you wanted to talk about? Or did you want to ask me a quick question? Or should I return after dropping off Knight Light's mother?"
VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#42 Post by VonAlric »

Dos Seso

"Yes, that is the main thing I wanted to inform you about. There really isn't a question, more of informing GOSH, and my peeps here, of a potential issue that we may have. I will leave that to your judgement on whether or not that you need to come back here or not."
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by gurusql »

Agent McGinley

"Be ever watchful, I am here if you need me. Reach out if you need me." the agent smiles and turns to motion Knight Light's mother back to the garage. "CHIP, I will be taking the car now."

CHIP

"I am ready."
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by gurusql »

I will give the team time to shake out any organizational details that you would like before I move the narrative along.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

"Yeah, no secret hangers, but we do have a war room. Let's give you the tour and introduce you to CHiP, our AI."

He looks at both newcomers

" So, you'll both be moving in then and need rooms? "
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Rex »

Azir

"We haven't finished reinforcing the training room yet but eventually I will be able to use it hopefully."
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Pulpatoon »

shaidar wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:27 pm Eclipse

"Yeah, no secret hangers, but we do have a war room. Let's give you the tour and introduce you to CHiP, our AI."
Oleander Pan

"Chip's an AI, huh? Well that is very interesting, indeed. You guys don't half-bury a lede around here, do you?

"Chip? Sorry I didn't introduce myself, earlier. Pleased to meetchoo. I hope we can catch up, soon."

" So, you'll both be moving in then and need rooms? "
"Do you have the accommodations? If not, obviously you gotta prioritize the kid. He'll need the stability. I can always find a bunk. For some reason, people love to rent rooms to me. Makes a good story, I guess."
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Leitz »

Knight Light looked at Oleander, and shook his head. "I sleep on the c..couch a lot. I c..can do that here. And Azir, I g..got a lot of p..practice with p..painting b..boards, sawing b..boards, and nailing b..boards last summer. I c..can b..be a lackey if you kn..know what to d..do."

He shrugged, the young man was neither overawed by the team nor terminally shy. He did speak with respect, though, and with confidence despite his stutter. "It would really help m..me if I could p..practice more. I g..got th..three of f..four when you d..didn't really t..try. Th..that's n..not g..good enough, for real."
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

"We will have to sit down properly and discuss our powers more specifically to see how they might work together, and we certainly will need to practice working together. The place has four bedrooms. I know that Azir wanted the one in the basement. There are two smaller ones upstairs, which Knight Light and Mr Pan could take. We could leave the master bedroom free for whoever might need it. That reminds me, we need to work out a rota so we always have someone on shift keeping an eye on things." he grins "Being a hero isn't all fun, unfortunately there are boring things that need to be organised."

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Pulpatoon »

Oleander Pan had been very nervous about what sort of a group he was going to get thrust into, but he's feeling more at ease already. Everyone's been as respectful as you'd like, and refrained from monkey jokes—even the kid.

Hearing Eclipse discuss the layout of the house, he says, "Sure, small bedroom'll be peachy. If no one objects, I'll hang a hammock in there. Human beds are nice for sitting on, but my back doesn't like sleeping in them.

"As for monitor duty: no problem! I musta spent half my adult like on stake-out."
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Leitz »

"Why d..don't we do a full t..tour, and then d..d..talk about it? How d..do we handle food? I c..can't c..cook yet, b..but I like t..to eat." Knight Light said, and then turned to Oleander. "P..pick which room works f..for you. I need t..to learn how t..to use a c..computer t..too."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Rex »

Azir

"Sure, I can give a tour. I seem to be more a night person all the time it seems."
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

"Let's show you around and talk about it, I'm sure we can work something out. So far Azir has been the only one to move in. The rest of us stay at our own places when we're not on duty."
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Pulpatoon »

When he has a chance to pull Eclipse aside and speak with him confidentially, Oleander asks, "So, about Azir. Do we need to be investing in garlic and holy water?"
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

"Not so far. She's a bit cagey about her situation, but has been no trouble, quite the opposite. Well, we are all playing our cards close to our chests, we've only known each over a short while. I was going to say that I don't believe in vampires, but then I would have said that about demons. Not that I believe that the creature was a demon in the biblical sense, just something from another dimension."
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Leitz »

Rex wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:36 am Azir
"Sure, I can give a tour. I seem to be more a night person all the time it seems."
"Th..thanks. I c..can stay here, at least f..for the summer. Th..that would g..give you all t..time to see if I c..can contribute." Knight Light said. "I want t..to d..do a g..great j..job, but I have t..to earn your t..trust. I'm okay with th..that."

As Azir led the tour, Knight Light really seemed to enjoy the unfinished basement. "We c..could p..put multiple rooms here, if you wanted."

On the assumption that Azir is a normal female human, she may be pleasantly surprised that the young man doesn't spend any time trying to impress her, like many teen males do. If she cares is up to her, but it is noticeable.

Edited per the update below.
Last edited by Leitz on Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by shaidar »

Sorry, should have said. The bonus room on the map is the War Room, it's where CHiP lives and various maps of the city.
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by gurusql »

I think that Leitz is talking about in the basement there is "space" for two rooms that do not currently exist (labeled as unfinished basement) vs the bonus room (war room) on the second level.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Pulpatoon »

Oleander Pan: "Chip? Can you hear us anywhere in the house? D'you mind if I ask you a few questions?

"Between bonobo brain and wizard brain, I don't really get technology so much, but can you tell me about yourself? Where were you made? What are your capabilities? How much, uh, whaddaya call it... agency do you have? How do you feel about being installed in this house, part of this team?"
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by gurusql »

Assuming that Oleander Pan is directed by Wind Dragon to the War Room for this conversation with CHiP

CHiP

"No, I cannot hear you anywhere in the house. Some of the team members have been issued communicators which I am connected to or there is speaker phone like version in the War Room. You can ask me any questions that you would like and when I can I will answer. My origins are classified from me at this time but I officially came on-line June 19, 1987. I currently serve four functions for the team. (1) I watch and monitor the security systems of this house, (2) I monitor the comms frequencies for any request that is made of me, (3) I have access to the team database of super powered beings and (4) I have access to a fairly detailed map of New Chicago, which I use to direct the team in the field."

Return to “United Earth (Champions 5th Edition (HERO))”