UE Issue #1: Introductions

gurusql
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: UE Issue #1: Introductions

#41 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

"That's not a bad idea, assuming he falls for it. I can also leave quite visibly from the roof, just in case we miss any news people"
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Rex »

Azir

"An added distraction can't hurt."
VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#43 Post by VonAlric »

Dos Seso

"Reason I say that is he is looking for costumed people. Some of us can slip into a different area, change, and then move away, hopefully undetected by them. The fact that he would be coming up here would help give us time for the ruse. Plus, if one of us went out the front in costume, if someone within the building is providing information to the reporter, it might be able to be tracked down."
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by gurusql »

Peter McGinley

"I am not a good liar, but I will give it a try - perhaps I should take that elevator instead of you?" says Peter McGinley with some obvious reservation.

I am glad to see a partial plan is coming together. With Peter trying to pull Jimmy up to the 38th floor. How are you exiting (escaping?) the building and what is your trigger to leave the 38th floor?
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

"I see your point, but I don't have my ordinary clothes with me. I flew in onto the roof"
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse pauses and then continues "...so you want one of us to go out front in costume to flush out the leak?"
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Rex »

Azir

Azir will go out the front, in a crowd dressed in her normal clothes and make-up (she always carries a set with her in a backpack).

"We should split up and exit and different times at least."
VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#48 Post by VonAlric »

Dos Seso

He considers Eclipse for a moment. "In my past, I've had to.... avoid people. While I don't think it is life or death in case of the reporter, I still like to be cautious. I am wildly speculating that there could be someone here who tipped off the reporter. People will do various things for money or favors. If there was someone doing that, it would explain the reporter. Maybe other people outside saw us enter." Pausing for a moment to think, he rubs his chin. "Eclipse, you can fly. Why not you take off from the roof to leave as well. I believe that Azir and I can go down somewhere between the 5th and 10th floor and get off the elevator. From there, we should be able to take the stairs down to the ground floor and depart the building. One of us from the front, one out the back."

He looks to Peter again. "Don't worry about a lie. Just have someone let him come up here and have him sit in a conference room or such for 15 minutes. Then, you can go in or have a subordinate go in and say that we left. You are not telling a lie, just the truth in an untimely fashion. Is there a good place for Azir and I to get off the elevator down there or should we choose a different floor?"
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

"Sounds good to me. I'll head to the roof, wait 5 minutes then fly off"
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by gurusql »

Leaving the building and heading to the base
John C. Kluczynski Federal Building 38th Floor, Downtown New Chicago
2:50 Local Time – Monday, June 15th, 1987

Eclipse gets out of the elevator car letting his two new friends take the elevator down. Azir and Dos Seso stay in the elevator and head down. Azir decides to get out on the 6th floor and Dos Seso decides on the 5th floor (determined using a random floor between 5-10)

The elevator goes straight down to 8 without any stops. As the doors open, a young woman in her late 20's takes a step onto the elevator and looks up to see the pair and she says "I'll just get the next one" and then steps out of the elevator car. After an awkward moment the door finally closes. The car comes down to the 6th floor, Azir find the floor without people around and exits the car. Azir is able to find the restroom, change and head down the stairs.

Dos Seso finds that the 5th floor is the IRS office and with today being June 15th there are multiple people on the floor most likely quarterly filers. He makes a quick call and takes the elevator down to the 4th floor and finds it much more to his liking, exits the elevator and heads for the restroom to change and eventually heading down the stairs.

Azir and Dos Seso both eventually get to the lobby (not at the same time as far as they know). Both see Jimmy being stopped by the building security from going beyond the entrance to the lobby. Both are able to walk past Jimmy and his cameraman (that is not filming) without incident.

Equally important Eclipse takes the next elevator car up to the roof, passed the security guard up there and flies off the building. What a view!

All three of you travel to the new base of operations using convention means.

It turns out that all of you encounter some traffic on your way there.
Azir, you are stopped at an intersection as six black limos pass you. The limos have police stopping traffic for them.
Dos Seso, you have your planned route altered by closed streets. There are some street closures for the filming of the sequel to "Living Daylights" (which in this universe is "Dragon Shield")
Eclipse, you are stopped at an intersection as eight black limos pass you. The limos have police stopping traffic for them.

All of you make it to the residence, I will post some details of the base soon.

[1d6]=2

[1d6]=1
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by gurusql »

All four of you have arrived at the house. There does not appear to be any problems that are immediately obvious. Here is the layout of the house

1st Floor
CrusadersBase1.jpg
CrusadersBase1.jpg (145.8 KiB) Viewed 195 times
2nd Floor (the bonus room is included)
CrusadersBase2.jpg
CrusadersBase2.jpg (62.16 KiB) Viewed 195 times
Basement
CrusadersBaseB.jpg
CrusadersBaseB.jpg (87.07 KiB) Viewed 195 times
Actions?

Eclipse: DEX 20, DEF 21/25, END 46, STUN 29
Wind Dragon: DEX 20, DEF 20, END 46, STUN 35
Azir: DEX 18, DEF 27, END 56, STUN 56
Dos Seso: DEX 18, DEF 24/23, END 40, STUN 29
Last edited by gurusql on Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse arrives on a white and blue Suzuki GSX-R750
bike_small2.jpg
bike_small2.jpg (35.83 KiB) Viewed 280 times
black_small.jpg
black_small.jpg (17.62 KiB) Viewed 280 times
He's wearing black biker boots, pants and jacket with a full face black bike helmet with tinted visor. He has a black backpack.

He initially parks up parallel to the building to minimise the visibility of his license plates before getting his bike into the garage as quickly as he can. He keeps his helmet on for now.

will post more soon
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by gurusql »

Wind Dragon

Wind Dragon appears to have opened the windows and blown a lot of dust out the windows, at least from the first floor. He says, "Welcome - The place had that closed and dusty feeling - just giving it a bit of a spring cleaning. I hope the team likes Chinese, I ordered from this great place."
VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#54 Post by VonAlric »

Dos Seso

A 1983 Honda CRX with dark tinted windows drives up.
CRX_blue.jpg
CRX_blue.jpg (33.73 KiB) Viewed 270 times
A man with hooded sweatshirt, hood up, and dark Ray-Ban Aviators shielding his eyes steps out of the car. His jeans are slightly baggy as if they were a size too large for him.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Rex »

Azir

Azir shows up driving an old beater car.

"Looks like a very nice place. I will take the basement bedroom if no one objects."
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse uses a bathroom to swap his crash helmet for his golden mask.

"I don't mind you having the basement bedroom, although I was thinking that other room down there would be a good planning room, with space to expand if we need to. Now, I love Chinese food and flying always makes me hungry!"

He starts to help himself to food.

"So, how do we determine leadership order? Randomly, or does anyone want to put their case for being our first boss?"
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by gurusql »

Wind Dragon

Over the course of the discussion, Wind Dragon throws out a few ideas and/or comments "Could I recommend that we get the cars and motorcycle into the garage?"

"Perhaps the leader should have the master bedroom?"

"Are you planning on sleeping in your room, I am going to turn it into a lab."
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse assists in getting the rest of the vehicles safely into the garage.

Once done he ponders the questions "I think the leader should get the master bedroom, there needs to be some perk and then everyone gets to use it. As for the downstairs room, if you want to make a lab down there then maybe we can use the room above the garage as the war room. We are going to need somewhere to plan and store information."
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by gurusql »

For the record - no organization is required (including having a leader) that is up to the three of you (and Wind Dragon will not be the leader). Including deciding later.

Feel free to discuss / explore as you wish, when you are ready to move on please answer the following questions for yourself

1. Sounds like you are picking rooms so finish this.
  2. Given that you have a normal life and hero life - how much time (hours/day or percent) are you spending in (a) secret id, (b) sleeping and (c) in hero id
  3. What are you doing in your hero id? Patrolling, Investigating, Something else?
  4. Peter from GOSH mentioned that will be a press conference on Friday. What rules (if any) do you want to have in effect or just a panel answering questions from the media?
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

As the group eats, Eclipse throws up a few thoughts

"I'd like to have the bedroom nearest the garage if nobody minds"

"Do we really need to choose a leader right now? We could wait a while and see how we work together first, we might naturally fall into certain positions in the group"

"I think I can spare 8-10 hours a day as Eclipse. Luckily I'm self employed so I've got plenty of flexibility. I can split that between patrolling and staying here at the base. I want to set up a planning room, with maps of the city, marking things like police and fire stations, hospitals, banks, that sort of thing. We can then also mark any activity from criminals, super or otherwise, that might help us to catch patterns and be more proactive. We'll need an emergency services radio to monitor, and we'll need communications for when we are out in the field...oh, I'll get some computers and set up a database to store all the information for quick access and analysis. "

Return to “United Earth (Champions 5th Edition (HERO))”