Part 2: Gladiator Initiations

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Part 2: Gladiator Initiations

#221 Post by Dram »

Krakus- Thank you good sir. We saw a friend of ours come in here rather skinny fella. We heard he is looking to hire some help.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#222 Post by ravenn4544 »

Canis surveys the room with a smile while keeping an eye on the rat-man. "Why i would love an Ale, good sir, if you would be so good. The Light shine upon thee!"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by Rex »

Hantae

"An ale sounds good, barkeep an ale please." Hantae tries to keep an eye on Mustafa without making it obvious that is what she is doing.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#224 Post by Cwreando »

Gildor

Gildor move up alongside Hantae, "An ale sounds good barkeep. I'm parched." Gildor will also casually talk to Hantae occasionally to make it less likely she's keeping an eye on Mustafa the Rat.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#225 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Back Alley
The guard smiles as Rician accepts his bet. "You've got a bet then." the two watch the rats and after a while the bread tears in two pieces and neither rat wins. The guard groans "Well that didn't turn out how I'd hoped. Guess we both lose." the guard shrugs and returns to his "post" watching the back door. The door opens but it's one of the staff a halfling opens the door tosses more food refuse into the trash heap and goes back in through the door.

Inside the Tavern
The barkeep nods his head and produces standard sized mugs of ale for Canis, Hantae and Gildor. "Say didn't I see you three battle a saber-toothed tiger earlier today? Man that was a crazy fight. I thought you guys were goners. Drinks are on me." the fellow looks around then says to Krakus "Yeah I know the fella he comes here infrequently. He isn't like us he's never fought in the arena guy gives me the creeps sometimes but he works for some people in high places so I don't turn him out. Best watch your backs if your after that one." he indicates by placing his hand on his belt but casually pointing towards Mustafa with his elbow. then turns back around and goes back to filling other drink orders. Mustafa doesn't appear to have noticed you and keeps on sitting in his shadowy corner back against the wall drinking his drink and watching the rest of the room.

Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#226 Post by Rex »

Hantae

Hantae will try to find a spot close enough to the rat where she can sit with her back to him and listen in on his conversation.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#227 Post by Cwreando »

Gildor

Gildor stays at the bar and pounds down the first drink pretty quickly, "Well.....Barkeep....what was your name again.....Thanks for the Ale. How about one more and I don't mind paying. That match we had was pretty intense...Nothing like getting some fresh air though. I like this place it's got it's appeal....Do you make your own brew on site here or do you get it shipped to you? What's your selection like? This part of town you may not need anything too fancy ey? Special occasions maybe you have something reserved? Not that I'm wanting any....Just curious what my options are here."

Gildor is killing time and getting to know the Barkeep. Never hurts to get on the good side of the barkeep. Gildor pay's no attention to Mustafa unless a disturbance with Mustafa starts up.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

GreyWolfVT

#228 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Barkeep gives Gildor a bit of a stern look as if to say don't do that again "I never gave my name but lets just say I've fought my way from the pit. My nickname was killgore. But my real name is Korumik." he points to the weapon mounted behind him "You should have seen me with that in my hands many glorious battles I had." the other patrons turn and look at Gildor then when Korumik gives them the signal they turn back to their games, conversations, women and drink.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#229 Post by ravenn4544 »

Canis seems to be studying his ale very intently when the conversation gets a little tense. After that passes, he leaves a gold piece on the bar and a thank you "This is delicious, innkeeper. It's appreciated."

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#230 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 - HP: 13/27

Rician says to the backdoor guard, "Well now, perhaps another time we shall play another game of chance. Look, I am not here to creep you out, there is a person of interest inside, and I am here making sure this person does not try to slink away from us. We promise no harm to said individual, unless we are attacked."
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by Dram »

Krakus enjoys his Ale. Lets the others do there thing.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#232 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Tavern bust:

Eventually Mustafa finishes his drink and tips the tavern wench then heads upstairs for "companion ship" apparently. Everyone else downstairs finishes their drinks that were on the house and watches the rat head upstairs. He is not gone for long apparently he's "fast" in the companionship department. He returns down the stairs and heads back out the front door of the tavern. Once outside the tavern he walks past where Rician and the guard are talking and "gambling" on rats fighting over food. The rogue rat Mustafa ignores it and continues off on his way and slips off down an alley and vanishes from sight. The group gives chase but trying to not reveal they are following him stay back so as not to alert the fellow that he is being followed. It isn't until he ducks off into an alley that you suspect he is onto you following him. Given his direction you think he was headed back towards the Estates near the government district. Possible back to Heleneties mansion.

Actions?

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by Dram »

Krakus- Has any of us been able figure these streets so that we could get ahead of Ratface?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#234 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 - HP: 13/27

If so Rician would run and try another street that connects to the other end of the alley, to try and catch sight of Mustafa, when he emerges from it.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#235 Post by Rex »

Hantae

Hantae will try to stay with Rician.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#236 Post by Cwreando »

Gildor

Gildor thinking Rat man will try to get to a intersection near Heleneties mansion that the Rat Man would take. Gildor will try to pick one that's not very crowded also. Gildor keeps an ear open for any signs the others have him or signs of a commotion and move to intercept him near it.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#237 Post by ravenn4544 »

Canis follows the rat-man on his known track while the others dart around. He keeps a careful eye on the alleys, doorways and trash that he passes for signs of his path.

GreyWolfVT

#238 Post by GreyWolfVT »

To Trap A Rat

Through the ingenuity of the group they manage to pin Mustafa down and catch him before he reaches the rich part of the city. Though oddly enough he was headed towards a different mansion in district not Heleneties. Which the group finds a bit strange though perhaps he was onto them and was trying to confuse them. The gladiators manage to stop Mustafa and he looks as if to bolt but finds he is surrounded on a secluded side street. Poor planning on his part. He looks at each of you and acts as if he recognizes some but not all of you. "What do you want of me?" he asks with a snarky sarcastic accusing tone. "What did I do to you to cause this entrapment?" he adds still with that same rude tone.

Actions?

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#239 Post by Cwreando »

Gildor

Gildor considers his options and maneuvers to circle Mustafa. Gildor looks to see if Mustafa still has the item given to him by the merchant.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#240 Post by Rex »

Hantae

Hantae readies herself and makes sure to get in position to prevent him from running away.

She will keep silent for now, trying to intimidate him.

Return to “Arena of Thyatis & Legions of Thyatis (Ad&d 2e)”