TREEHOUSE (tavern)

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: TREEHOUSE

#21 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes takes another sip of his drink and listens to Lightfinger for a moment. "Well I thank you indeed for you generosity. In fact I do believe you are certainly right about our young friend's wealth. As for Saracen, I like your reasoning. Not just for his strength, but his faith in his god will protect us from those poor dead creatures wandering around. Alas, Obad-Hai holds sway over life, not death, and does not grant me such powers".

"Now that we talk of Obad-Hai, I must confess to a dilemma. This plan to trek up the logging trail does intrigue me. I am very interested in seeing all the local animals and plants and seeing how The Shalm has worked his will here. However, during the fight after our arrival, I expended much of the energy my Lord grants to me. I would like to pray to Obad-Hai to regain it before I venture out there. I see that you and Jack are of a mind to go; I hope you will not hold it against me if I decline, at least until the morning".
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Inferno »

Jack, lost boy:

The eternal child scrunched up his face and stuck out his tongue at how Monocar was acting around the two stupid girls.
Ewww! Grownups are crazy! And gross! And dumb! Blech!

Jack finally made himself look away.

Wait. Adventure is calling and the Druid wants to take a nap? "But... but what if the people at the logging camp need our help right NOW?!
"Come ON! We have to go!"
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Spearmint »

Krystal

"Great to have you all along, I shall be safe in each of your areas' of expertise. Now just to 'powder my nose' in the ladies room and we can be off. Randall, we shall take your greetings to the loggers, keep a rum bottle under the counter for our return." Krystal finishes her glass and nods to those who would come along."'Likkle' Jack, I have seen your marksmanship with the bow, perhaps you would care to lead our path."
Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Inferno »

Jack, lost boy:

The evil lady was being nice to him. Sort of.

"Has it been an hour already?! I need to get more arrows! Be right back!" Jack said as he raced out of the treehouse to the Hi-Lo.
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#25 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Spearmint wrote:Krystal

"Great to have you all along, I shall be safe in each of your areas' of expertise. Now just to 'powder my nose' in the ladies room and we can be off. Randall, we shall take your greetings to the loggers, keep a rum bottle under the counter for our return." Krystal finishes her glass and nods to those who would come along."'Likkle' Jack, I have seen your marksmanship with the bow, perhaps you would care to lead our path."
The dark barkeep gives Krystal a confused look at the mention of his "greetings", but says nothing about it. He smiles and nods about the rum as the small group readies themselves to head out onto the trail. Likkle Jack announces that he must quickly visit the Hi-Lo to restock on arrows before departing. He tears out of the tavern and slides down the ladder, heading to the store at a full sprint.

Krystal, Bonnie, and Monocar head towards the beginning of the loggers trail once their mugs are drained. The midafternoon sun continues to blaze down on them as they move through the hot sand to the dirt trail. They prepare to leave as soon as the boy archer returns. Loggers Run

Seeing that Wes is content with staying behind, Randall tries to get his attention. He makes a few head motions towards the corner of the taverns platform, indicating that he would like to speak with the druid alone and out of earshot of the other patrons.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Monsieur Rose »

"Bonnie"

"I just need to wrap up a few things, I'll meet you on the trail in about 5 minutes." Bonnie cheerfully shares with Monocar and the Elf, who she gathers is named Krystal.

She turns to Randall "Thanks for the rum!", then walks over to the two patrons who drank her rum and greets them.
Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Inferno »

"I'm back!" Jack announces.
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#28 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Monsieur Rose wrote:"Bonnie"

"I just need to wrap up a few things, I'll meet you on the trail in about 5 minutes." Bonnie cheerfully shares with Monocar and the Elf, who she gathers is named Krystal.

She turns to Randall "Thanks for the rum!", then walks over to the two patrons who drank her rum and greets them.
Randall replies enthusiastically. "Yesa! Is no problem!!!"

The two dirty patrons smile at Bonnie with gapped tooth grins. "Thankee for the free drink, little lady! Come on back anytime!"
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Standing there enjoying the ocean view and the scent of the leaves around him, Wes notices Randall beckoning. Intrigued, he wanders over to hear what the barkeep has to say.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#30 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Lightfinger notices Randall and Wes move off near the railing of the platform. They appear to be talking quietly and pointing off into the treeline.
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by tkrexx »

However, during the fight after our arrival, I expended much of the energy my Lord grants to me. I would like to pray to Obad-Hai to regain it before I venture out there. I see that you and Jack are of a mind to go; I hope you will not hold it against me if I decline, at least until the morning.
Lightfinger again laughs, more subdued this time.

Good Heavens, no. Personally, I'm looking for an excuse NOT to make the trek this day... I need a bath! And a good, hot meal. And more rum. I want to learn all there is to know about this shanty on the beach. May come in handy you know. One need be aware of one's surroundings, especially one's base of operations. This day I will assure your safety while you regain the blessings you expended saving us from those dastardly whales, or whatever they were. Um, the orange Half-Orc will be here also, right? Randall, more rum! ... Randall? Where did he ...? Wes?? Where did you...? The Halfling rogue spins his head in search of everyone, and sees ... The pair of pug-uglies at the end of the bar. Oh, I'm in trouble, I think.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Shrugs and quaffs his drink. Standing he does a quick check of his gear to make sure everything is in order. "Well, if nothing else, maybe we will see a coney or a squirrel along the trail. I don't have anything official for hunting though. I was never too good with a bow. I supposed we might have to settle for throwing rocks unless one of you have something in mind?" The big youth looks hopeful, having heard the wives tales about elves and their archery skills. Obviously he is already wondering when the next meal is going to be, and judging from the look he gives a few of the residents, he seems less than hopeful of finding one here. "Come to think of it... don't you think it is weird that with everything we see here there are no farms? Not even little home gardens? You'd think with everyone they are shipping in that at least one would try a hand at growing onions or something. Surely there has been at least one farmer come on this beach and see an opportunity to cash in. The only thing I have seen growing around here is the bundle of vines the tried to strangle me. Does anyone else find that... well... unnatural?" It was one of those rare lucid thought moments for the big man where he seemed to sincerely slow down and think as he walked over to the rail and looked out to double check himself, looking around for any confirmation of an attempt to grow food. He'll step up next to Wes and Sacaren and nudge them pointing out his findings and thoughts on the matter.
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Jernau35 »

Bluehorse wrote:Monocar

"Come to think of it... don't you think it is weird that with everything we see here there are no farms? Not even little home gardens? You'd think with everyone they are shipping in that at least one would try a hand at growing onions or something. Surely there has been at least one farmer come on this beach and see an opportunity to cash in. The only thing I have seen growing around here is the bundle of vines the tried to strangle me. Does anyone else find that... well... unnatural?" It was one of those rare lucid thought moments for the big man where he seemed to sincerely slow down and think as he walked over to the rail and looked out to double check himself, looking around for any confirmation of an attempt to grow food. He'll step up next to Wes and Saracen and nudge them pointing out his findings and thoughts on the matter.
Wes

To Monocar, Lightfinger, and Saracen (if he's there).
"That's an interesting point. I suppose they are surviving on the bounty of the sea and whatever they can forage from the jungle. Of course, as you say, they could and should have cleared the treeline further back from the beach, to provide some space to plant things. We know they have the logging equipment to do that, so why didn't they? Seems rather foolish to be logging before you can feed your workers adequately".
To Lightfinger and Saracen (if he's there).
"Sorry about that. Seems Randall wanted to point out some of the local wildlife. Take a look over there, just beyond those two criss-crossed palm trees. Up near the top of that big tree next to them. See 'em? Randall says they are called monkoons. Quite the little thieves, he said. He told me they were dangerous and we should kill any we encounter on sight. Mind, when I questioned him why he hadn't warned Monocar and the rest before they left, he said they weren't that dangerous, 'cept in large groups or if we fooled with them. What's your opinion about that?"
Monkey-Raccoons.JPG
Monkey-Raccoons.JPG (101.92 KiB) Viewed 888 times
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#34 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Lightfinger can barely make out the two animals up in the trees from this distance. Saracen (if he is there :lol: ) can't see them at all.
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Storm11 »

In all honesty I have no idea where Saracen is right now. He was acquiring a shack and made a deal with Wes and then was talking to Mr Nehru somewhere. That's all I got. I don't mind where he is.
Greys Campaign.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#36 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Storm11 wrote:Saracen will ask Mr Nehru about food in town...

Once this is resolved he will find the Druid and pay his share for the shack.
This is the last post I have for your action, which I would guess puts you at the Treehouse.

If you're not sure, you could do what I do and just look back in the threads.

Or, I suppose I could just do it for you. I'm not doing anything else. :lol:
Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Inferno »

Or join us on loggers run, quest #1, here, Storm: viewtopic.php?p=294494#p294494

A priest could sure help against all those zombies. :)
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Storm11 »

Yeah I wasn't sure where Nehru was. I thought I had followed him to his office but was also at one point in the treehouse. I am happy to be there with the others for sure. Saracen is more interested in searching for the zombies than spending a few days at the logging camp in all honesty. He's already committed himself to Chaunceys zombie hunt on the morrow. He's thinking about using his light magic to replenish the water skins today so all is ready upon the morrow.
Greys Campaign.
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger takes note.

No gardens? I've not been anywhere that doesn't have gardens, even small potted plants. Tomatoes, peppers, carrots, and onions, yes! Especially onions. He scratches his head and is uncharacteristically quiet a moment, as if sad. All I wanted to do was get away from farms and gardens, now it seems... Unnatural, in a way, that these folk don't even have the most meager way of feeding themselves. His eyes grow bright again. A Beekeeper would make a fortune in these parts!

The Halfling tries to see the pair of tiny monkey-like beings pointed out to him. What are they? "Monkoons?" Can they see us? They come in large numbers? That's something we should point out to the Logger-bound crew, if you ask me.
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

"Well, I'm not sure exactly what they are", Wes says in answer to Lightfinger's initial question. "Seems like they climb like monkeys and sneak around thieving like raccoons. Those two seem to be looking this way, so I'm guessing they can see us alright".

"As for warning the Logger-bound crew, I'll do it if they're still here. I'm not inclined to go chasing after them though. Even then it would only be for the sake of young Jack". continues Wes. "They all decided to go charging off into the jungle, five minutes after getting off the boat. They could have spent a while trying to learn a few things before they set off. In my experience, you show that kind of disrespect to Nature, then Nature will surely teach you a few things, probably something you didn't want to learn."

Wes looks around the bar, wondering where Saracen has disappeared to. He spots the half-orc on the other side of the bar, almost hidden from sight by the great tree trunk holding up the structure. "Ah, there you are Saracen. Hard to fathom how I lost sight of ye in those robes of yours. Now then, I've been hearing rumours that you are off into the jungle to hunt zombies. If you'll have me, I'd be interested in coming along with you."

Wes addresses both Lightfinger and Saracen. "We should probably ask around before any of us head out into the jungle. Find out what other beasts people have seen. I'll start by having another little chat with Randall here. Then before we shuffle off to our cosy shack for the evening perhaps we can ask Mr Nehru a few questions."
Questions for Ogre Mage:
1. Have the Logger-bound crew left yet? If yes, how long ago?

Return to “Completed Missions”