Part 2: Enroute to Tragidore

velkymx
Runner
Runner

Re: Part 2: Enroute to Tragidore

#21 Post by velkymx »

I walk up to the man, pull back his hood, and slap him back and forth - all the while saying, "Tell me what you know! I know you did it!!"
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Neev you still go unnoticed but the slap upside his head doesn't go unnoticed the man is surprised. :shock: "Why did you do that, can't you see I am in despair. Who goes and hits an old man down on his luck anyways *hick* and a drunk old m..*hick*...an at that." the man says half slurred while holding his head and sitting on the road. The man starts to sob “Me and my three brothers were trying to solve the mystery around Tragidore. I was scouting in the woods north of town when I saw a big wolf with bright green eyes. I chased it for sport for a while, and then lost sight of it. When I got back to our camp, my brothers had vanished. I couldn’t find a trail or any sign of a struggle. I waited and searched for five days in the forest . . . and now I must go back to Hanuman and tell my parents of the loss of their sons!" you can tell this mans spirit is broken.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
velkymx
Runner
Runner

#23 Post by velkymx »

I stand him up straight, give him a very firm HUG, then let him go. "I love me some green eye'd wolves!" I say, with a broad smile on my face.
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#24 Post by Dogma »

"See, I told you it would work. got him stopped and talking, " said the dwarf. "You didn't find any bodies you say? I don't want to be planting false hope but if you didn't find any bodies your brothers might not be dead. We heading to Tragidor...what's their names? Maybe we can help find them."

"Now about this green eyed wolf...you said you chased it a bit, eh? Did it act different than other wolves?"
GreyWolfVT

#25 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dogma wrote:"See, I told you it would work. got him stopped and talking, " said the dwarf. "You didn't find any bodies you say? I don't want to be planting false hope but if you didn't find any bodies your brothers might not be dead. We heading to Tragidor...what's their names? Maybe we can help find them."

"Now about this green eyed wolf...you said you chased it a bit, eh? Did it act different than other wolves?"
"My name is Borse Kordona we are known as the Kordona brothers. My brothers names are Vickul, Cruorin, and Leorry. No I didn't find any bodies, remains or signs of a struggle. If you do find them tell them I went back home. If you do...find the bodies look for my family in Hanuman and please inform us so that we can bury the *sob* bodies." he stops there as if trying to sober up a bit and wipes his eyes on his cloak then finishes saying "The wolf looked much like a normal wolf it just had unusually bright green eyes. I don't know a lot about how wolves usually act so I cannot state if it was unusual in its acts." having finished with what he knows Borse gathers himself as best he can and begins to trudge back towards Hanuman his only goal is to get home.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#26 Post by Dune »

hmm I think that if we checked their old camp out ourselves we,d most likely find some clues as to what happened to the poor slods brothers, I bet their all dead in a wolf cave nearby. Dune the mage suggests mildly.
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by PyroArrow »

Theodore Mumfordian (Half Sylvanian Wood-Elf) Ranger HP 8/8 AC 5):

Before Borse Kordona continues on, Theodore asks:

"Can you give us an idea where you had set up camp in Tragidore?"
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)
Talmor
Guide
Guide

#28 Post by Talmor »

Eirik listens to the mans story, still feeling the vague sense of unease. Despite now knowing the man's story, and a reasonable seeming explanation of why he was on the road, something still felt "off" to him. The theory of seeking out this green eyed wolf seemed reasonable, but he still felt that they might better off going directly to the seemingly cursed town.

Keeping his eyes trained to the brambles around them, Eirik kept his own council, waiting to see how this would all shake out.
GreyWolfVT

#29 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Just north of the town in the forest." He then pulls out a map very much identical to yours. He points roughly on the map where he can remember roughly the camp must be but in his drunken haze he could be wrong. "Shoulda been right around there." he states.
Attachments
Borse Camp Near Tragidore.png
Borse Camp Near Tragidore.png (91.3 KiB) Viewed 239 times

Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#30 Post by Dune »

hmm seems this scrapping of a map indicates its above tragidore I say we check out the town first and check in before we dalley gag out to some seemingly spot, he, s drunk and in no condition to truly be viable. Dune the mage says with some disdaine.
Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#31 Post by Dune »

perhaps we could just send a local mercenary or two to go check out the campsite, could pay them a couple pieces of gold, while we get checked in tragidore, maybe the inn has some local joes who could trounce out there and report their findings back to us. Dune reprises with anticipation.
Lubidius
Runner
Runner

#32 Post by Lubidius »

"I've seen a man turned in my times. At first we thought he was just a manly man, but then he bit my friend William's neck clean off and we thought otherwise. We should get some wolfsbane before we head out against such a beast or pack of such beasts." Lubidius mutters amongst crumbs of some form dripping from his hairy lip. When he scarfed a cracker, you all still cannot figure out. (ooc: I follow along and sneak about as needed. My posting today and tomorrow may be limited by work putting out snow based outages)
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#33 Post by Dogma »

"Aye, let's go check out the town before we go tramping around in the woods,"agreed Thifli. "I think a stop at a local Inn would be good. We need to learn more about what's been going on here. Besides, all this travel have given me a thirst that needs to be quenched."
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by ybn1197 »

"Agreed. I think the troubles of the town are more pressing and most likely not linked to the wolf. Sending a couple of men out for check the site in exchange for a few coins is a very good idea," Neev adds.
Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#35 Post by Dune »

hope full this tragidore will have some accomendations for men of our stature and not just some mom and pop dive with a bisquit breakfast. Hopefully some large quarters are in order with a lock safe for my belongings, this rope and spike is getting heavy. Dune the mage grimaces and maneuvers.
velkymx
Runner
Runner

#36 Post by velkymx »

We need to find the lady in the note - Marla!
GreyWolfVT

#37 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright so continuing up the road I presume? As Borse is just going to stumble back the rest of the way to Hanuman.

Just to allow everyone to know you started travelling in the afternoon say around 1pm it is now about 3pm when you encountered Borse. You all will be getting hungry long before you reach Tragidore. If you keep travelling until you reach the town it will be somewhere around 1pm the next day. If you guys walk until nightfall and rest you should reach Tragidore the next day by nightfall.

Talmor
Guide
Guide

#38 Post by Talmor »

Eirik continues drudging up the road before stopping abruptly. Turning to Neev and Dune he says "Did...did you say you wanted to hire someone else to do the whole 'save the town, defeat the monster' part of our jobs?" Unsure if they were joking, and if so what the humor of it was, he continues "Surely this green eyed monster that slew that man's brothers is related to the troubles that plague this town, and if so we will deal with it in due time. Even if not, I will not send others to do what I would not, either through fear or from some misguided belief regarding my "station." If the beast in question is somehow separate from the other terrible troubles at Tragidore(BOOM! Title Drop!), then I suppose I will travel with those willing to confront it, rather than send brave men unwitting into danger."

With that, Eirik turns back to the road, and continues the journey.

Given that this is possibly a dangerous area, Eirik will keep an eye out for a safe place to make camp. He's rather stop an hour or two "early" at some place with a decent location, access to fresh water, and relatively easily secureable than push it to nightfall. Ideally, he's rather stop and stay with a local farmer (are there any?) or an abandoned farmhouse/farm or the like.
Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#39 Post by Dune »

nay Eirik im merely stating that the pitiful little campsite of the drunkard could be checked out by a hired hand after all I agree that we should go straight to our contact in tragidore as soon as possible. And thought that we could kill 2 kobolds with one stone by sending out a would be commoner or two just to see if the campsite wasn't just some made up story and quite possibly just be a waist of energy walking to when we could tend to more pressing matters visiting our contact while in tragidore. Dune says as he watches the out lining terrains from underneath his hooded robes.
Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by Dune »

but if you so choose to go ahead and check the mess hall campsite out with our own view I'll come along, there maybe some wolf hairs I may need for some future spell ingredients out there or two.

Return to “Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (2e)”