(000) Arrival in Hurst

Eris
NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: (000) Arrival in Hurst

#21 Post by NJWilliam »

Jameson

Jameson stands up as Quint finishes and looks him in the eye.
“Show us this hole in the floor!”

He stashes the coin that was rolling over his fingers in a pouch at his belt.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos
Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#22 Post by Darithe »

OOC: I don't want to step on Bob's toes, so I'm not going to post anything directly regarding Kate yet, since I'm in conversation with Darian at the moment anyway.

As she spoke to the bookish young man, for some reason she thought back to the snippet of information she had accidently overheard when she waved at the tall woman, something about an injury to someone Kate knew...So the tall woman was a healer then? That was good to know. She filed it away for future reference. And now as she's speaking of books, she hears several others talking about an excursion of some sort. Sounds like the two are related. She should investigate further....Why do adventures always come when we're least prepared for them? She pushes those thoughts away for the moment and listens to the reading man with a twinkle in her eyes.

~Magdal about to get her Miss Marple on....
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by ateno »

"Hello Kazan", he says carefully holding out his hand to sniff. Turning to Darian." Hello, Darian, guess I should to say hello to you as well. Mind if I join you?"

"Valerin, sure sit down." Darian looks at a large man holding the door to the kitchen open looking out to the floor. "It appears they don't have any Bock, this place is barbaric" Darian smiles and looks at the young woman. "Its a style of Lager with more grain. Bring at least 2 ales and 3 meat pies then, please.."

Looking back at Valerin, "How are your legs, might take a while for our sea legs to leave."

One of the other guardsmen came up to the table " <snip> ....... "Hi I'm Magdal. Might I ask what you are reading so intently?"

"Magdal, I'm Darian, this is Valerin, its a script of of a partial history written by a ... a pharmacist, i guess is the best translation, of a extinct kingdom that used gems to hold magic." Darian looks at Magdal. "Sorry its a little specific." Darian thinks and looks excited. "Can you read?"
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:01 pmQuint looks back and forth between Eodrien and Frank and slowly says, "Yes, I guess so. There shouldn't be anything down there anyway. Shouldn't be anything but rock and rubble."
"We will find out soon enough," Eodrien replies with what she fondly thinks is a polite nod. She stands and looks to where her erstwhile companions are sitting. "We have been hired to clear out the basement. Who would like to go along with me?" Her voice is surprisingly high and melodious for a woman of her warrior-like looks.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#25 Post by Darithe »

Magdal takes Valerin's hand in a firm grip, her hand soft and warm, "It is good to meet you sir," she gives him a wide smile, before returning her gaze to Darian. "Yes," she says quite proudly, "I can read. Mother made sure all of us could read so we could help with the books and bills at the inn she owned. And I've read everything I can find since." She continues on, obvious joy on her face, "I love poetry, history, adventure tales, and anything with a bit of romance in it. Books...books are magic you know," one finger playfully runs along the edge the book he holds before sliding down to meet the hand he holds it with. "They transport the soul to another's eyes, take you places you may never see in real life. Is there anything more magical than that?" She removes her hand and places it upon her heart. "They sing the music of the heart and soul," her eyes hold his for several moments before she lowers them and continues, "Sorry, I sometimes get carried away. You must think me some foolish, forward woman." She repeats his word, "Pharmacist? Is that like an apothecary? We had one of those in my hometown." She thinks a moment and then curiously asks, "Is there any romance in your book?"

OOC: I'll be back later to speak with Eodrien and Kate.
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by ateno »

"Well its more a history, and yes apothecary might be a better translation, but he used food and ingredients to add to fermented items to cure different ailments. I do have a few history books, hhhmmm, I have one about leaders of two small tribes that unite and form a larger united tribe, they were on the southern western continent quite a while ago, you can borrow it if you want." Darian excitedly digs thru his backpack.

He pulls out the blue bound book and sees many of his fellow guards standing and talking to the big man. Point his chin. "What is going on there?"

Darian
bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#27 Post by bruce.desertrat »

ateno wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:24 am "Hello Kazan", he says carefully holding out his hand to sniff. Turning to Darian." Hello, Darian, guess I should to say hello to you as well. Mind if I join you?"

"Valerin, sure sit down." Darian looks at a large man holding the door to the kitchen open looking out to the floor. "It appears they don't have any Bock, this place is barbaric" Darian smiles and looks at the young woman. "Its a style of Lager with more grain. Bring at least 2 ales and 3 meat pies then, please.."

Looking back at Valerin, "How are your legs, might take a while for our sea legs to leave."

One of the other guardsmen came up to the table " <snip> ....... "Hi I'm Magdal. Might I ask what you are reading so intently?"

"Magdal, I'm Darian, this is Valerin, its a script of of a partial history written by a ... a pharmacist, i guess is the best translation, of a extinct kingdom that used gems to hold magic." Darian looks at Magdal. "Sorry its a little specific." Darian thinks and looks excited. "Can you read?"
Valerin smiles "Hardly notice. You should try a months long caravan on a camel. The boats are just like very large camels. But it will be good to walk on the land for a while. "
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.
bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#28 Post by bruce.desertrat »

NJWilliam wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:34 pm Jameson

Jameson stands up as Quint finishes and looks him in the eye.
“Show us this hole in the floor!”

He stashes the coin that was rolling over his fingers in a pouch at his belt.
Valerin looks up at him and says "Might we at least finish our meals first? "
Blade.
NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by NJWilliam »

Jameson

Jameson shrugs, grabs a meatpie, and says, “Suit yourself. I can take a bit of a first looksee.”

Smiling he extends his hand to Quint, “Quint, I’m James.”
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by ateno »

Valerin looks up at him and says "Might we at least finish our meals first? "

"That's a good idea." Darian takes one of the meat pies of the plate and places the plate on the floor for Kazan.

Takes his ale and tips it towards both his compatriots and takes a drink.

Darian
Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#31 Post by Darithe »

OOC: The juggling plot plates post....Sorry Bob if I'm overstepping your plans.

Magdal's green eyes go wide as Darian lends her the blue book. "Umm....I will take good care of it....umm....and I promise to give it back as soon as I'm done reading it. Amazing...you actually have spare books?" shaking her head in wonder, "Thank you Darian." She leans forward and gives him a light peck of a kiss on the cheek. "Oh my, it looks like they are getting ready for an adventure. Lets join them. It would be nice not to have to pay for a room."

She rises and moves to where she left her things, strapping on her weapon belt, grabbing her bow and getting her lantern and a flask of oil, She adjusts the sheath adorned with the hawk and dove, slipping the peacebound strap lose from the blade, "I expect all my items to still be here when I return," to the owner sternly. Then ignoring Frank, she moves moves to Eodrien, who she sees as the true leader amongst them, since she did the call to arms, "I've bow, blade and a steady hand, if you could use them. And I think my friends wish to assist also," nodding to the two whose table she just vacated. "I've just one quick thing to do, and I'll be right back." With that she moves to where Callista and Kate still stand.

"Beg pardon ladies, I truly to not mean to interrupt, but from what I overheard earlier, and I assure you I did not mean to eavesdrop, but I think you might have information pertinent to what lies below," looking to Kate. "What can you add to your Da's tale Kate?," she speaks gently and comfortingly to her, "Woman to woman, you can be honest with me," smiling as she lightly touched her shoulder in a friendly gesture.

She will listen quietly not interrupting her tale and when done, she will ask Callista if she wishes to join them below. Then before walking away from Kate she will ask her, "Why did your Da beat you?"
bobk2323
Tracker
Tracker

#32 Post by bobk2323 »

Eris wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:27 am Soon Kate and another young woman bring your orders to you. There is beer and ale, a vegetable stew, the promised meat pies as well as a platter of cut meat, potatoes and fresh loaves of brown bread.
As expected for someone so tall, Callista has a very good appetite for food. She eats heartily, but only drinks the amount of ale that an average person would.
After serving, Kate leans over Callista shoulder and says in a whisper, "Can you really heal injuries and such for real? See, my fiance Jack needs it mor'en me as his arm is broke n'all and me Da said he won't pay him if he can't work."
She nods, without any easily discernible emotion. "Sure. Provided there aren't any pieces missing. (pause) My goddess hasn't given me any magic that'll replace cut-off-things yet."

--
Bob K.
--
Bob K.
bobk2323
Tracker
Tracker

#33 Post by bobk2323 »

joertexas wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:54 am
Eris wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:01 pmQuint looks back and forth between Eodrien and Frank and slowly says, "Yes, I guess so. There shouldn't be anything down there anyway. Shouldn't be anything but rock and rubble."
"We will find out soon enough," Eodrien replies with what she fondly thinks is a polite nod. She stands and looks to where her erstwhile companions are sitting. "We have been hired to clear out the basement. Who would like to go along with me?" Her voice is surprisingly high and melodious for a woman of her warrior-like looks.
"I'll go," the odd, tall woman says simply.

--
Bob K.
--
Bob K.
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by joertexas »

bobk2323 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:16 pm"I'll go," the odd, tall woman says simply.
"Anyone else?" Eodrien takes the leather cover from her war axe and stows it in her pack. She then turns to the barkeeper. "Show us where this place is."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by ateno »

Darian looks around and finishes his pie and ale and repacks his backpack. Picking up the plate from the floor and scratching Kazan.

"Looks like we are checking out a old basement boy."

Darian
bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#36 Post by bruce.desertrat »

ateno wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:37 am Darian looks around and finishes his pie and ale and repacks his backpack. Picking up the plate from the floor and scratching Kazan.

"Looks like we are checking out a old basement boy."

Darian
Velerin shakes his head, muttering...."Humans...always in such a hurry...the hole would be there in an hour, and we'd have full bellies..." He gets up, hefts his pack on one shoulder and follows the rest of them...
Blade.
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by Eris »

Darithe wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:50 pm OOC: The juggling plot plates post....Sorry Bob if I'm overstepping your plans.

"Beg pardon ladies, I truly to not mean to interrupt, but from what I overheard earlier, and I assure you I did not mean to eavesdrop, but I think you might have information pertinent to what lies below," looking to Kate. "What can you add to your Da's tale Kate?," she speaks gently and comfortingly to her, "Woman to woman, you can be honest with me," smiling as she lightly touched her shoulder in a friendly gesture.
Kate looks from Callista to Magdal, then nodding, "Yes, I want to talk to you and the healer, but you can't go under the basement until I talk private to you!"

"Wait! Wait!" Kate calls out, "Don't rush the folks, Da! You got the hole plugged with a stack of ale barrels. Ain't nothing down there coming up here until you move those barrels now is there? Besides, we've been in this place since I was a little girl and nothings come up from under the basement before now. Let'em eat their grub a'fore you all go rushing off."
She will listen quietly not interrupting her tale and when done, she will ask Callista if she wishes to join them below. Then before walking away from Kate she will ask her, "Why did your Da beat you?"
"He ain't touched me since I turned 15 and broke a rolling pin over his head. I'd break his head again if he tried to beat me, now." says Kate stoutly shaking her head with a look of aspiration. There is clearly something other than child abuse going on here.

Then she adds in a hissed whisper, "I'll tell you how I got the bruise and everything else, but just the women, and in the kitchens, and if anybody goes down below the basement I have got to go with you!"

"Please!"
, you can see the pleading in her eyes.

OOC: How's that for thickening the plot? Muddying the waters? Throwing a spanner in the gears of the moving train? :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun
Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#38 Post by Darithe »

Magdal was relieved to hear it wasn't Kate's father who had inflicted the wounds. If it had been, it would've made her dealings with him most...difficult. She responds to Kate with a warm smile, "Of course, just between us girls we can have a little chat. She waits for neither and walks directly into the kitchen scanning the room, she finds the teapot and pours each of them a cup of tea, serving both Kate and Callista. This came quite natural to her, from her days working in the kitchen of her mother's inn. She takes a seat next to Kate and places her hand over the woman's, in a comforting manner, "Take your time dear, and tell us what you wish to." She waits quietly until the woman is ready to tell her tale, watching her with sympathetic eyes.
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by joertexas »

Darithe wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:35 pm Magdal was relieved to hear it wasn't Kate's father who had inflicted the wounds. If it had been, it would've made her dealings with him most...difficult. She responds to Kate with a warm smile, "Of course, just between us girls we can have a little chat. She waits for neither and walks directly into the kitchen scanning the room, she finds the teapot and pours each of them a cup of tea, serving both Kate and Callista. This came quite natural to her, from her days working in the kitchen of her mother's inn. She takes a seat next to Kate and places her hand over the woman's, in a comforting manner, "Take your time dear, and tell us what you wish to." She waits quietly until the woman is ready to tell her tale, watching her with sympathetic eyes.
Eodrien notes the ladies' actions, and turns to her compatriots. "Perhaps we should finish our meals first." She puts the cover back on her axe, and sits down to finish her meal.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by Eris »

Darithe wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:35 pm Magdal was relieved to hear it wasn't Kate's father who had inflicted the wounds. If it had been, it would've made her dealings with him most...difficult. She responds to Kate with a warm smile, "Of course, just between us girls we can have a little chat. She waits for neither and walks directly into the kitchen scanning the room, she finds the teapot and pours each of them a cup of tea, serving both Kate and Callista. This came quite natural to her, from her days working in the kitchen of her mother's inn. She takes a seat next to Kate and places her hand over the woman's, in a comforting manner, "Take your time dear, and tell us what you wish to." She waits quietly until the woman is ready to tell her tale, watching her with sympathetic eyes.
OOC: That is Magdal's intention, but she never made it to the kitchen!

As Magdal was approaching the kitchen door it burst open and "mini-Kate" came flying out. Well, not Kate, but a 10 year old version of her with bright green eyes and flaming red hair in a plait hanging down her back almost to her waist.

"Kate!" she cries out breathlessly, "The bell rang. It rang 3 times then 2!"

Right behind this young girl another Kate emerges through the door. Again it isn't Kate, but a 13 or 14 year old version of her, complete with green eyes, and flaming red hair, except this version has a plait of hair pinned into a circlet on top of her head.

"Ruthie's right, Kate." says this girl, "I heard it. It was 3 then 2."

Kate stamps her boot and growls out, RATS! It's got to be the Rats, Sally. It's got to be the rats!" then kicking the side of the bar with her heavy boot growls out, "Just two months! Two damn months!"

Another girl emerges from the kitchen holding a metal pot in one hand and a metal ladle in the other. Unlike Kate and her two younger versions this girl is blonde with blue eyes. She is just as attractive as Kate, but taller and more buxom. She leaps atop the bar in one quick motion and starts banging the pot with the ladle to get everyone's attention.

"Bar is closed! Closed right now!" she shouts out in a strong voice, "Everybody out! Kitchen fire! Kitchen fire! Everybody out!"

Quint starts to shout. The boatmen stand and start shouting, standing and milling about.

Kate looking totally exasperated stomps her foot and tries to get everyone's attention, but is failing.

All of you see the middle sized version of Kate step to her side and raise both hands from her sides to over her head then bring them swiftly down to her sides.

"CLACK! BOOM!" it sounds like a thunderbolt struck in the middle of the room. Everyone stops moving and talking in shock.

Totally unfazed by the unexpected noise, Kate shouts, "No Hazel, not a fire! It's an attack! Your BOATS! Your boats are under attack! If you want to have a boat to sail out of here you better get back there and defend them!"

One of the boatmen asks, "Red Caps!?"

"Yes, and worse!"
replies Kate in a shout, and the boatmen stream for the tavern doors.

"Not you!" Kate shouts at the party, "You were our problem, now you might be our solution. You are going to be needed right here!"

Quint speaks up, "What are you doing?"

Hazel, the blonde on the bartop turns toward him and shouts, "Shut up, Da!"

Kate looks at the party, "I hope you can use those swords and such, because you're going to need them. The town is under attack by rats, no, actually Ratmen. They'll have swords, spears, and they are about this big." she holds a hand to just above her waist.

"What are you talking about!" Quint shouts.

"Shut up, DA! shout Kate and Hazel in unison.

The little girl goes over to Quint and wraps her arms around him saying, "Sit down Da. Let Kate, Hazel and Sal handle this."

Quint now looking dazed, sits down.

"I don't have time to explain it all right now, but this is one of the places the rats can get up here, from that hole in the basement." says Kate.

The middle Kate, Sal, says, "The watch tower bell isn't ringing Kate. Maybe it's just the down under that they are attacking."

"No, Daria wouldn't have sent 3 then 2 for that." replies Kate, "Just means the Baron doesn't know yet."

"We need to defend the basement and we need to warn the Baron!" she says.

Then she turns to the party and asks, "You will help, won't you?"

OOC: You still haven't heard Kate's whole story, but there is something more important to worry about right now. Read the next two posts, please, then I'll shut up and let all you folks have a chance at some action. :)
Last edited by Eris on Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Return to “Silverband (C&C)”