Part 2: Gladiator Initiations

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Part 2: Gladiator Initiations

#161 Post by ravenn4544 »

Canis smiles at the return of his equipment and the familiar feel of his mace in his hand. "Thank you sir! A gold piece for your thoughtfulness!"
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Part 2: Gladiator Initiatio

#162 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 - HP: 13/27

Rician thanks the boy and hands him 5gp. Then retrieves his items.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#163 Post by Cwreando »

Gildor

Gildor grins saying, "Lad, your a smart one. Here is a Platinum Emperor for ya. Pinn perhaps we can occasionally check in with you or you can join us as a gladiator. Things might get worse for you though. You could operate freely in the city and be our eyes and ears on the outside possibly as well." Gildor will keep the temporary armor and gear as backup in his cell when they get back.

"That feels better." As he adjusts his clothing and gear. He kept the dark red cape on. "You folks pick first from the loot and I'll pick from any leftovers."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Dram »

Krakus- Pulls the earring from the loot. Lad have you seen the guy that wears this earring? He looks for the boys reaction. If so do you know where hangs out?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#165 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Boy shakes his head but takes the payment then scrambles off with his empty cart.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by Rex »

Hantae

Feeling more herself now that she has her gear back. "Where to now?"
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Rex »

Hantae

"Lets go ask around about where she lives. Maybe once we know we can case the place and make a plan."
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#168 Post by Cwreando »

Gildor

Gidlor says, "Yeah, I'd like some payback on this sorceress. We came here for a job anyway so we might as well finish it."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
GreyWolfVT

#169 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seeking a Sorceress:

After receiving their gear back the group with the new comer illusionist decides to head out and find the sorceress from the senator's dinner party the red head woman most all remember seeing. The group is heading to find some answers when a little girl stops them on the streets asking for coin so she can eat.

Little Girl looks to be a 10-year-old, blonde, blue eyed and very dirty little street urchin. "Please can one of you spare this homeless orphan waif some money for food?" she says obviously panhandling. "I am good at getting information if you are willing I'd even trade information you seek for coin or food or both." she offers. Two of the members of the "gladiator" crew can tell this girl to be more than she appears she has some signs only their keen eyes notice that the others do not. Hantae & Gildor see your private forums above.

Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by Dram »

Krakus- Takes his coin purse his side. Cant be lettin a little lady starve. What kind of information do you have.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#171 Post by Cwreando »

Gildor

Gildor says,"I agree Krakus. That's no way for a little girl to live so let me see how I can help. Do you have a name?"

Gildor checks his pouches.

"Ah here we go this should help you out a bit."

Gildor hands her a small amethyst worth 10 gp.

Gildor adds,"We need to find out about a special persons habits and routines. There's a red headed sorceress Elemaledai I think her name is. We wouldn't want you to get into any trouble though."
GreyWolfVT

#172 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Flavia the little girl has a private chat with Hantae in a language nobody else but Gildor can understand. Then replies to Kraus and Gildor in common "Flavia you can call me Flavia. As I was saying to her." she points at Hantae "I can get you information for ten denairus." (10 sp) "However the ten Lucins this guy just paid will cover it." she says with a smile. "Always wait for the price before paying you should know that." she gives s little laugh at Gildor. "I can give you what information I have now and find out more where would you like to meet for me to give you the information?" she asks.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#173 Post by Cwreando »

Gildor

Gildor adds, "Ah Flavia, You mistake my payment as over payment. Perhaps you've never heard of hiding a gift in a larger payment? Perhaps we can meet at the bakeries tomorrow morning or the next morning? Since you agreed to a price with my friend and accepted my payment you know we are serious. If things turn bad you can signal my friend or my self and we can meet at a backup location. Near club row perhaps? Unless my companions prefer other options."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by Rex »

Hantae

Once Flavia heads out to get our info.

"Lets hang out somewhere out of sight until we need to meet up with Flavia."
GreyWolfVT

#175 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seeking information:

Later that day after discussing where to meet up to exchange the information the little spy/thief Flavia will meet up with the group you finally settle on a place and go about your business for a while and wait at the meeting spot upon the designated time. It is now a little after lunch time (around about 1pm "sih") You start to think Flavia isn't going to show then she appears out of seemingly nowhere. Flavia "I've got news for you about your read headed sorceress. She is more than would appear." the girl looks around to make sure nobody followed the group and that nobody is listening in on the conversation. Then proceeds "You heard of a drug called zzonga?" she asks the group and seeing blank stares back knows they have not heard of this drug. Flavia sighs and informs the group "Zzonga typically this is made into a wine, anyone on this drug is pleasant and happy, but utterly and completely unambitious. So gladiators that don't want to fight and if they do they don't fight like they normally could almost like a drunk in a brawl. If someone ingests this drug twice in the same day it's effects last for 4 full days. normally just one dose of this lasts between 1 and 4 days. The more you use it the longer it will affect you adding a day each day in a row you take it. Addicted people spend every bit of money they have on getting more." figuring this is enough of an explanation she continues with her information about the sorceress "Elemaledai the woman you seek is a supplier of this drug. Apparently she's been selling it to gladiators. That's what happened to the gladiator that was supposed to fight the snow ape your friend there fought." she says indicating Krakus. Flavia waits a moment then continues "If you wish to find Elemaledai I've got it on good word that she is going to be headed to the warehouse district. There she is supposed to meet with a merchant to pick up a packet containing more of the drug. The name of the merchant is Rufus Diophorenos. You might wish to find him or head to the warehouse district and try to find the sorceress there. But this is the best I could find for information I hope you are please with my findings." she says then waits to see if the party needs her for anything more.

Actions?

DragonCoaster82
Runner
Runner

#176 Post by DragonCoaster82 »

Pinn scratches his bare chin. "A drug which renders its user incapacitated. A drug of complacency. So she is using it to flip the scales in her favor." Pinn looks at the others. "If we stop the source, we stop the problem, yes?"
GreyWolfVT

#177 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Flavia "Yup thats what I gathered though she does work for Senator Helenaties, so i think it's tipping the scales in both their favors."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by Dram »

Krakus- Listen to the young lady. You did well Flavia.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by ravenn4544 »

Brother Canis agrees with the plan, "that's a pretty unethical business - as if the gladiators don't have it hard enough!"
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#180 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 - HP: 13/27

Rician says, "Hmm, good information the young one has. So, now let us get busy looking for this Elemaledai, sorceress."
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Return to “Arena of Thyatis & Legions of Thyatis (Ad&d 2e)”