Action Thread 16

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 16

#101 Post by Argennian »

Yosef nods to Van, glad to have him back and watching the rear so he can keep a concerned eye on Till's manipulations. He holds the lantern as high as he can to afford the best light he can from where he stands at the entrance. He looks at Bruard's ancient and omnipotent magical helm longingly... :)

dmw71 wrote:Maybe it's a miniaturized Excalibur? The sword in the mud. Anyone?
OOC: "Let the boy try!" 8-)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#102 Post by Alethan »

Noting the high elf's gaze, Till says,"the magic of the helm only works for a limited time, Yosef. We need to clear each room, first, so Bruard can safely scan them quickly in turn."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#103 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote:Noting the high elf's gaze, Till says,"the magic of the helm only works for a limited time, Yosef. We need to clear each room, first, so Bruard can safely scan them quickly in turn."
Bruard nods then says Good point, little friend. I say we don't touch this dagger until I use the helm's magic. The dagger itself may be a trap of some kind.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 10:35 a

Till carefully steps into the room. There are tracks that lead up to the room, but the place is a mess, stuff is strewn everywhere. It's hard to see if there are rat tracks in the room, or if they just throw stuff in there. But Till quite easily finds a broken polearm, gets in close to the mud, but doesn't have to enter it as the dagger is only 2 or so feet away from the edge of the mud patch. With the polearm you are able to push it a bit. It moves like something stuck in the mud, or a lever, :) but nothing seems to happen except that now it's slanted sticking in the center of the mud instead of straight up.

Till is about 5 or 6 feet into the room. Everyone else is still outside.

HPs: Jeloon - 23/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Yosef) continual light 60' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-3/4

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#105 Post by Alethan »

Till glances back at the rest of the party.

"It... it acted like a lever when I pushed it. Maybe it did something somewhere else? Should we check out the next few rooms and make sure they're clear before Bruard here uses his helm?"

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#106 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:"Should we check out the next few rooms and make sure they're clear before Bruard here uses his helm?"
"Is probably a good idea," Jeloon agrees. "Though, me not sure how much me able to help spot change in different room now... but, maybe? And better safe than sorry."
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#107 Post by Alethan »

Till moves the party back out into the hallway and to the next room...

(Map again, pls? :) )

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 10:37 a

We'll keep pushing on. I'll NPC Greg and Mitch for now :) .

You move out of the room and further down the hallway to the next room. You now stand outside the "Empty" room.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (47.96 KiB) Viewed 1224 times

[/b]HPs: Jeloon - 23/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Yosef) continual light 60' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#109 Post by Alethan »

We've already scanned the empty room initially, but Till steps into the room warily, just to look around and make sure it is still empty before moving everyone along to the next room...

He will only take a few steps in before stopping to see the room more clearly with the lantern casting proper light.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:We've already scanned the empty room initially, but Till steps into the room warily, just to look around and make sure it is still empty before moving everyone along to the next room...

He will only take a few steps in before stopping to see the room more clearly with the lantern casting proper light.
With the light it's less scary, but still seems pretty empty.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#111 Post by Alethan »

"Alright, nothing here, it appears. Let's check the next room down."

Till does so...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#112 Post by dmw71 »

Jeloon will continue to watch Till's back.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Argennian »

Yosef will continue to hold his position in the marching order by Bruard, holding the lantern high to give the most light. He shares his time with looks over Jeloon and Bruard's shoulder to see what Till is into and keeping an eye on Van and the party's rearguard. He sheathes his longsword to be able to have a hand free if he needs to cast a spell.

rredmond wrote:. We'll keep pushing on. I'll NPC Greg and Mitch for now :) .
OOC: didn't realize you were waiting on me, Ron! Sorry about that, Yosef was just holding the lantern and keeping an eye out while Till was making the general reconnoiters! :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by rredmond »

nah Mitch, it's all good. I thought work had been kicking your tuckus lately. :)

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#115 Post by ToniXX »

Argennian wrote:
rredmond wrote:. We'll keep pushing on. I'll NPC Greg and Mitch for now :) .
OOC: didn't realize you were waiting on me, Ron! Sorry about that, Yosef was just holding the lantern and keeping an eye out while Till was making the general reconnoiters! :)
I was in the same position. Didn't realize I was holding anything up. I had no input so I didn't post.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:nah Mitch, it's all good. I thought work had been kicking your tuckus lately. :)
OOC: alas, this is true. Yet again. :cry:

(My company bought a wireless company and we have put a ton of customers on what we call an EoFW (Ethernet over Fixed Wireless) product. It's done via antennas and is a "line of sight" technology. Corporate was suddenly told a few weeks ago that the base station feeding all our Hayward and Fremont customers is being decommissioned by the first of next month. Oh wait, that's tomorrow! :roll: )

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 10:40 a

You move out of that room and further down the hallway to the next room. Till takes a good peek inside the Dining stuff room. Like the others, there are no apparent exits. Piles of eating utensils cover the floor of this room. Plates and mugs are also included. There are hundreds of pieces, but all of them, as far as you can see are damaged and valueless. You can't see floor in this room, there's a couple of inches of smashed and broken stuff covering the floor as far as you can see.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (49.45 KiB) Viewed 1181 times

[/b]HPs: Jeloon - 23/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#118 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:There are hundreds of pieces, but all of them, as far as you can see are damaged and valueless. You can't see floor in this room, there's a couple of inches of smashed and broken stuff covering the floor as far as you can see.
"Me could go stomp around in there," Jeloon offers. "Could be fun... " she shrugs, "but would be noisy."
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#119 Post by Alethan »

"Why not?" Till replies, "They already know we're here..."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#120 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:"Why not?" Till replies, "They already know we're here..."
Jeloon flashes a wide, toothy smile. She peers into the room, looking to pick her entry point. "You come get me if me fall in pit, no?" she jokes before parading straight into the middle of the room; stomping as she goes.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”