Helix: The Brazen Strumpet

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Helix: The Brazen Strumpet

#901 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Rex wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:44 am Orgoth

"Agreed, a great idea. I myself am a follower of Cromm and expect to eventually help build a shrine or temple in the village."
Sven slaps his forehead in embarrassment.

"I didn't think to ask you. Do you have an area picked out already? Or were you planning on building it on Guild property?"

Darithe wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:49 pm Sigrid

Her grey eyes watch the orange haired stranger at first with suspicion and then with some interest. Moorheath seems content to hear out what the man has to say so she listens while braiding her hair. "Sven", she says after he make his proposition, "I knew a Sven once, but he was not an honorable man. However, I will hope you are better than your namesake. And since the honorable priest Moorheath is in, I am inclined to join him." She hoped it wasn't his liquor that made him amenable to the idea. Long slim fingers with the nails painted black today, count out 100 gold pieces from her coin purse. She lays them on the table before the man. "I am investing in your honesty sir. Do not make me regret it."
Sigrid hears an uncomfortable audible gulp after she addresses Sven about the sincerity of the Guild and his own honesty. Trying not to stare at the mysterious woman's cool tribal tattoos for too long, hoping not to offend, the young human finally replies. "Thank you, Sigrid. We are glad to have you along. And I can promise you that you will not regret this decision. At all!" He leans in a little closer, but not too close to make it weird. "Sven isn't my real name, so no need to compare me to any unpleasant prior associates." He smiles awkwardly as he pockets the coins, documenting the transaction in his journal, as is his way.

"I cant wait to show you the maps I have drawn up. And to show you where we will be starting our explorations. Hey! Maybe we can even share some spells once you feel more comfortable about all this?"

I will request that you be added to the BRAG thread so you can see how this will all work. Stand by. :D

Monsieur Rose wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:12 pm Sir Dewey

The Knight spots the gathering and pulls up a seat. "Good to see you in the light, Moorheeth. Sven. Um, Sigrid." Sir Dewey pauses a bit long on the mage's name.

"Orgoth, I believe? Good to meet you." My memory is rubbish, so apologies if they've met.

"Sven. You've finalized your endeavor, then? A guild of like-minded individuals. Good on you. I do have some questions for you, though." He leans forward to reduce being overheard. "Have you any new updates on the maze and the cults? We are just fresh off vanquishing an undead knight ourselves. The Blossom of Death, he was."

"Oh! And do you know what to do with uncut gems, anyone? I've heard that Vann tried to sell his pile and got less because of a flood in the market. I never got mercantilism, a gem should be worth the same day to day. Maybe we should have sold the lot as one, rather than splitting it."
Happy to see his large, oft helmeted friend again, Sven greets Sir Dewey with respectful glee.

"We have indeed discovered some new things in the maze. Things I think you would be greatly interested in learning more about. If you want to get in on the action, now is the time. I think most of your group has already bought in, but I understand if you aren't sure about the fees."

He leans in even closer. "I discovered an evil, blood lusting statue in the maze that concerned me greatly. So even if you don't join, I would still like to discuss this discovery with you sometime. It shook me to my core, I tell you."

The mage tires to be more welcoming to the others not in his group, awaiting the final answer from Moorheeth.

If he spots Cosmo in the tavern, he will hit him up with his Guild idea next.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#902 Post by sastaz »

Gerdal enters the establishment again, this time jovially chatting with Cosmo.

"haha...yes, I know! And then he pulled down his pants and turned around and said to everyone: looki looki here, the prize you seek is hidden in my arse..." she spots Sven

"Oh, hi again Sven! Quite a crew here today I see." She nods at Sir Dewey and Sigrid and of course old acquaintance Orgoth.

"Have you all met my friend Cosmo here? He is something of a clumsyfoot, but a really funny guy. And yes, also an adventurer!"
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#903 Post by sastaz »

In the following evening, after this has all played out, Gerdal will pour some tea in her room and try to augur the outcome of her water breathing experiment and the fellowship's subsequent expedition to mermaid land.

Heirloom Augury vs 72: [1d100]=14
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#904 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Sir Dewey

He chuckles in spite of himself at Sven's exuberance. "The fees are but a minor concern, I'm sure Ygg will provide them if it is desired. A fellowship of men, and um, women sounds favorable. My allegiance would be to the church first, but as long as we are indeed fellows in this endeavor, then I would be glad to join. Dark things abound, and I feel that this maze is key."

The Knight hmmms as Sven recounts a blood-lusting statue. "How chilling. Did it taste blood? What happened?"
Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#905 Post by Darkmane »

Responding to Sven and Orgoth, I do hope to build the shrine on the guild property and Ill definitely join the guild proper. Based on the comments from Dewey I may need to wait a while to turn these uncut gems into the gold necessary to pay for my membership and to start investing. Perhaps I can give you a bit now to get things started and then square up soon. I'd also love to meet your Friend who is a follower of Arcantryl. I've booked a couple of weeks at the inn to regroup and meditate to get ready for another delve but ill be seeking another adventure soon. I'm sure it will take substantial investment to build up the shrine I'm imagining. I'd like to make it round or octagonal with magical symbolism stained glass and room for a very small library.

Upon seeing Sigrid and Dewey, Moorheeth brightens further, well met again! Good to see both of you! If you organize another trip I'm in! I hope to someday build a small but grand shrine but first we must find more gold!
. Moorheeth laughs, happy to see them
again.

Edit
Having completed his transaction with the jeweler Moorheeth finds Sven and pays up his dues -100 gp deducted
Last edited by Darkmane on Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#906 Post by Spearmint »

a flurry of posts.

For any joining the Adventurers Guild, you need to mark -100gp somewhere to confirm joining, then I will get admin to open your access to the co-op threads.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#907 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

"As for the location of the shrine to Cromm I was waiting for Golgarth to return since he is a cleric of Cromm. But I would prefer it near the cottage I am roofing where anyone can visit it if possible."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#908 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"Welcome! Welcome one and all!"

Sven keeps pocketing gold to fill the Guild coffers, whispering his thoughts so the common folk don't hear.

"I assure you if gold is what you seek to start your future endeavors, there is plenty for the taking in those crypts under the mounds. I will cover you for now and take your words on future payment of guild dues, as justification of my belief that you will make much more on your first trip below."

"I suppose I could take a couple of those gems as payment too, if you prefer. I know where we can get what they are really worth, so don't worry about the suggested market flood you were warned about. Another benefit of joining the guild is our superior connections to the bigger players in Ironguard Motte. We already have a few associates there, and I eventually intend to employ a trustworthy crew who can transfer goods and make sales for us, so we can continue to concentrate on the dungeon instead of making regular trips back and forth to the citadel."

Taking the Paladin aside, he discusses the statue he saw.

"I believe it was supposed to represent Nergal, or one of his top generals, maybe?"
The statue is large and imposing, made from a blue veined marble and augmented with gilded accruments such as a horned helm and a golden hilted dagger which looks loosely grasped in its right hand. The statue wears a toga type skirt, woven of the finest woollen yarn and decorated with symbols related to Nergal and blood rites. The statues outstretched left hand drips with blood that pools in a basin by its feet. The floor around the statue is bloody, either stemming from creatures coming to lao up the blood or indeed, judging by various drag marks, executing their own offerings to this fiendish deity.

As if that wasn't enough, impressive as it looks (for it does have an unearthly radiance even the most atheist will not fail to acknowledge), the torso and legs of the statue are constantly moving with evil, leering visages that push through the skin.
"I think it tried to do something to my mind initially, but I was able to resist its powerful draw.........this time."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#909 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nordbo wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:09 pm Cosmo

to Gerdal: "The Strumpet it is! Ahem...have you heard about the tattoed beggar...." he begins chatting as they leave this establishment.

Sven will accost Cosmo in a last ditch effort to recruit him into the guild as well, pointing out that all of his friends are doing it. :D

"You know, we have a few other gnomes with us already? I think you would fit right in to our humble but growing group, Master Snag."
Last edited by OGRE MAGE on Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#910 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Sir Dewey

He listens to the account of the idol with growing concern. "Were you compelled to leave it be? Was the thought of destroying it even allowed to enter your mind?" The Knight contemplates the ramifications. "Radiating evil, fresh blood, possibly from sacrifices. This confirms my belief that a great evil is rising on the barrows. Probably under it, given the intensity, the lower one goes."

"Tell me. What is the area made of, simple stone corridors? Have you found areas that are older?"

He nods his head. "This settles it. I need to investigate myself. If you can assure me that your guild's aims align with mine, I will partner with you to cleanse the depths."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#911 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven nods.

"While the aims of the Guild are many, I assure you that rooting out the evil presence, whether it be cultists, undead, or worse, is our top priority. That's why I brought this to your attention in the first place, good sir knight."

"And I am not sure if I was compelled to leave the statue alone, I am just glad that I could do so of my own accord. The subterranean halls are constructed of stone, for the most part. I don't think we found areas that seemed older, but I had a premonition once about its size, and it seemed to go on forever. I think we have just barely scratched the proverbial surface of the vast maze so far."
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#912 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Sir Dewey

"Excellent! Then we are in agreement. Does the guild have a place to meet, or does it rely on open tables at this establishment?" You can hear the smile in his voice as he asks. "I must go deal with some things, but I will be back to finalize our pact."

*time passes*

After his business with the moneylender/exchanger, he will return and contribute his dues. "I"m back! Here you are, as promised." -100gp
Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#913 Post by Darithe »

Sigrid

After Sven leans in and reveals the truth of things, Sigrid leans in even closer, her lips nearly touching his right ear, her breath upon it warm, as she whispers, "You think lying to me about your name is a way to build my confidence in you?" She blinks several times before leaning back in her chair as she says with a slight smile, "Men from my homeland who lie tend to lose their tongues. But I am always open to sharing magical knowledge, should you be so inclined, so I look forward to our association."

That smile broadens and warms as Sir Dewey takes a seat at the table. She reaches out a hand and places it on his, "My old roommate! Good to see you again sir knight after our dangerous encounter. Sven here was just whispering sweet nothings in my ear about a guild he has formed and I have decided to join it." She then quietly listens to the conversations, giving Moorheath a hardy "Well met again to you sir." And when they arrive she gives a friendly nod to Gerdal and her old companion Cosmo. As the conversations continue, she takes out her spellbook and begins to read quietly.
Last edited by Darithe on Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#914 Post by sastaz »

Gerdal watches as Sigrid leaves Sven to join her comrades-in-arms at another table. She sits down next to him.

"And WHO was that, if I may ask? There was quite some tension going on between the two of you, I could tell from across the room. That kind of tension is a double edged sword, believe me, I should know. Just make sure that if you get her knocked up you take responsibility for your offspring, hear me?" She looks at Sigrid and then back to Sven again.

"Anyway, two things. Or three things, rather. She speaks a little quieter now. "You remember asking me about catnip? Turns out Mazzah's cat is both knowledgeble and a connoisseur. The cat wants, for helping us out, nothing less than a piece of the mind soothing herbs Mazzah keeps rolled up in paper in his tower. You know the kind you smoke? Yeah I told you that cat is trouble. So, we need to get that for him, and I was thinking maybe you can make that happen sometime? Any which way, I know were they grow now."

She draws a deep breath.

"Next, as I hinted, that cursed necklace I found was no necklace of healing but an assassination device! I have a plan though and I just need your written consent to take to our gnomish friends saying I can add it to the chandelier. Belive me it will work out just fine! It's still beautiful, and no one will even know it's there, less try it on. Finally, I have sampled the goblet we found, you know with the claw grip, that was with the dead elf? I still need someone to Identify it for me. I was thinking of asking Sigrid, or do you want to do it? As I said, I can offer one of my scrolls as a reward."

slightly edited after straightening out a misunderstanding with the GM
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#915 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven visibly shivers uncomfortably when Sigrid breaths in his ear, almost dribbling ale from the corner of his mouth. “No….I…..ummm……it’s like a…….nickname…..or something…….”

Once Gerdal sits and makes her demand of his integrity, the mage accidentally spits ale half way across the table.

“Damn Gerdal! Take it easy. She obviously doesn’t want anything to do with me. Just like Peaches. Anyway……”

“I wish I would have known all the cat wanted was a stogie. He could have had mine last time. Those things are gross! Give me some nice pipe weed over that bitter tasting stuff anytime.”

“Wait! You’re going to offer the necklace to Kali? You want the artisans to integrate it into the statue? Are you sure about this?”

“Actually, I do have a couple open days, and I want to help you, but…..could you explain what you mean by sampled the goblet?”
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#916 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:12 pm Sir Dewey

Does the guild have a place to meet, or does it rely on open tables at this establishment?"
Sven loves to talk.

”Actually, we already have a big party tent set up, and a few smaller tents as well. We can all meet there and go over plans and the maps to show you where we want to start.”

“If any Guild member wants to set up camp there, on the property, instead of paying for a room here, that can certainly be arranged. It will be a little while before any real buildings are ready, though.”

Any guild member: viewforum.php?f=1305
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#917 Post by Nordbo »

Cosmo

stares in awe at all the magnificently exuberant and colourful personalities around the table, meekly realising his own charismatic deficiencies but glad to still be welcome among them. "I got to know Gerdal down at the jeweller's just now - how splendid that you all know her too!" he beams. As for Sven's kind Guild offer slash pressgang attempt, though: "Mmmhyeah-hmm...I am of a sort of non-aligned disposition, this kind of formal rallying around a manifesto or signing up for a cause...eh..I'll have to think about it."

Then, to all: "... but I hope this doesn't rule me out of any future exciting ventures? Drinks for all! Eat and be merry!" - he orders 8x "bottle of assorted Imported Wine from the eastern Duchy vineyards." plus "banquet meat feasts, spare ribs and hog roast (all in party celebrations)" for his old and new friends around the table.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#918 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nordbo wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:25 am Cosmo
"Mmmhyeah-hmm...I am of a sort of non-aligned disposition, this kind of formal rallying around a manifesto or signing up for a cause...eh..I'll have to think about it."
"Sure, sure. I understand your reluctance, so take all the time you need to decide."

"If it helps, you could think of it less as signing up for a cause, and more like an amalgamation of like minded friends who stick together to help each other out in a pinch. Sharing professional tips and magic spells......just as a wizards guild might do."

"I will obviously hold no ill will against anyone who doesn't want to join, but you should also know that we have a Guild rule stating that any non-guild members who accompany a group on a sanctioned Adventures Guild mission will only receive a half-share of any treasure found."
(and XP, but I couldn't figure out how to say that IC. :lol: this was initially intended for NPC's, but SM suggests that it apply to anyone who's not an official member, which I agree with)
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#919 Post by sastaz »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:03 am Sven visibly shivers uncomfortably when Sigrid breaths in his ear, almost dribbling ale from the corner of his mouth. “No….I…..ummm……it’s like a…….nickname…..or something…….”

Once Gerdal sits and makes her demand of his integrity, the mage accidentally spits ale half way across the table.

“Damn Gerdal! Take it easy. She obviously doesn’t want anything to do with me. Just like Peaches. Anyway……”

“I wish I would have known all the cat wanted was a stogie. He could have had mine last time. Those things are gross! Give me some nice pipe weed over that bitter tasting stuff anytime.”

“Wait! You’re going to offer the necklace to Kali? You want the artisans to integrate it into the statue? Are you sure about this?”

“Actually, I do have a couple open days, and I want to help you, but…..could you explain what you mean by sampled the goblet?”
Gerdal

"Well. That might be true. Or not. Just remember, the abyss hath no fury like a woman scorned, right?"

With that she changes the subject to something even more interesting, seemingly a bit disturbed by the wonder boy's insinuation regarding the necklace.

"It's just...it's very beautiful, and powerful. I think that given the proper...treatment...it can be changed, to do other things. And what harm would it be? The necklace is near indestructible and hanging in the roof it is guaranteed not to kill anyone. You can't argue with that!"

She pauses.

"And about the goblet. Yes, I tried mixing some of the water into my herbal tea. I had some really interesting visions after that, I can tell you! I actually saw you, or us in my visions. You were...well, take a sip and see for yourself. I really need to know what this goblet is capable of. Just a few drops, that all I ask, and then you can do that trick where you look at the arcane patterns. Damn, if I was able to do it myself I would have already. Come on, you need to see what I saw, I'm not sure you should go into those watery depths, breathing water or not."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#920 Post by OGRE MAGE »

“If you can assure me that the deadly necklace won’t be able to hurt anybody once it’s infused into the statue, and the gnomes actually agree to do it, I’d say go for it. You realize we plan to sell that thing off once it’s finished, right? I don’t want to depreciate it’s value. Oh, that gives me an idea…..”

Sven writes a quick note about the chandelier, detailing it professionally as they did the tapestry. He intends to have the note delivered to Beowulfrun, at The Sphinx and Naga Tavern, in Ironguard.

Shaking his head at the idea of drinking from Gerdals frog poison goblet, he shrugs.

“Ya, I’m not so sure about that. And you should probably be more careful yourself with such things. You’ll end up a drooling, shite covered mess like poor Alastar over there.”

Return to “Settlement: Helix”