(13) The Last Plank (Docks Tavern)

OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: (13) The Last Plank

#101 Post by OGRE MAGE »

And the action continues in the new Oasis game thread here: https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 13&t=12201
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: (13) The Last Plank (Docks Tavern)

#102 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The original tavern description can be read here: viewtopic.php?p=623134#p623134

The growing group decides to discuss their immediate futures over a few drinks and a good meal, choosing The Last Plank over Saturn's Luck, the bar some of them were robbed in the night before. They take their leave of the bustling Bazaar and head back into the docks district to the very last establishment along the wharf. (13)

As they approach, they can hear music and revelry coming from within.

Outside The Last Plank, the 2 ancient Kelt's playing the strange board game on the porch seem to have been interrupted by a third man, this one a much younger fellow of obvious Keltic ancestry. This young man's arms are riddled with battle scars, though his demeanor is lively and jovial. He appears to be regaling the old men with tales of heroic battles which they listen to with great interest.

When the 3 men notice the group heading their way, the young man, no more than a teenager, looks Ceana up and down from a distance, clearly picking the attractive Keltic woman out from the others.

Actions?
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Rex »

Drest

Drest looks the young Kelt over.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by shaidar »

Xenos mutters in Ixian (to no one in particular)

"What is it with these Kelts eyeing each other, and everyone else, up all the time. It's worse than the brothel I was a guard in. Are all Kelts like this? "
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by sastaz »

As they walk the short distance to The Last Plank, Tuurma increases her pace and walks up to Kain.

"Yes, I will ward you for sure, most citydwellers tend to stay away from me anyway, when not gaping. Anyway, I digress. I wanted to ask you, how do you do it?"

She pauses and waits for a response for a short while.

"...how do you persuade them? You seem to hold some sort of supernatural power over them. The women, I mean. I'm curious as to how you do it. Is it a blessing? A curse?"
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#106 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag steps up to the obvious Kelt in the group, inclines his head politely, and says Greetings my fellow Kelt!, I am recently down form the Gal Hills, looking to carve my name into the legends of our people! Would you be so kind as to share with me your name and the customs of this place? Perhaps you might be in need of a strong sword arm and bowman?
Last edited by redwarrior on Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Karaunios »

Akhilleus

"Why don't we talk about this while eating and drinking something? We're many, I've heard several calls for help (and few talk about how much it's paid for them) and it's clear we have some planning to do."

So many PCs and opportunities. Love it.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#108 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Gal Hills not Gel Hills :lol:
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#109 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Taibhse

The dark and scarred young man, new in town, pondering his last encounter walks down the street. Hearing the music that sounds inviting coming from the tavern signed as the Last Plank moves that direction. Seeing the old men playing a common board game, he feels this might be a good place to get a drink at least. Greeting the old men in Keltic, he'll open the door and head in.

His eyes adjust easily to the dark and smokey interior. His scarring somewhat obscured by his hood which he has raised. His dark clothing helping him blend in with the general darkness. He moves to the bar, and orders ale. Surveying the crowd he sees a sea of faces, and wonders, as he waits for his ale, if he can find companions in such a place, or any city for that matter.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#110 Post by OGRE MAGE »

While Cormag is making his introduction to Ceana, one of the old men on the porch looks up and down at Tuurma.

"She ainta gonna let ye in lookin like thaat. Best go warsh the funk offa a ya first, young lass."

The group watches as a thin looking man with a heavily scarred face enters the tavern before them.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

He smiles warmly in return to Tuurma's question. "Can something be a blessing and a curse? But no, nothing as disruptive as that. I believe what you are seeing is that I actually like women. Not in the carnal sense, though that is true, but in genuine respect and admiration. It's been my experience that not many men do; thus, most women have never felt that. Emotion is powerful."

"Take you, for instance. I would suspect that most either fear you or want to conquer you. I try to see the person within, see the beauty that every woman possesses and is usually forced to conceal. Everyone is more than a simple label, women usually especially so. You don't need a hero, but perhaps you could use an ally."

Kain chuckles as the old man remarks about Tuurma's appearance. "Let me assist you in cleaning up a bit. Maybe a rag and water?"
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

"You'll need a big rag and a gallon of water. Tuurma did a good job of trying to wear the crocodile...but she was crucial to us defeating it. Wouldn't a dip in the sea be the quickest way to clean off?"
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Rex »

Drest

"A dip in the sea seems the best option, and not pissing her off is also advised."
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by sastaz »

Tuurma listens to Kain's exposition with her mouth half open.

"Actually like women, huh?"

She suddenly reaches forward towards him and...

..pats him on the back.

"You're alright Kain, I can see why they like you. I might even take your advice on this matter. I need to take a shit, see you in there in a minute alright?"

She walks around the corner.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by shaidar »

Xenos walks into the bar and goes looking for a table big enough for the group.
The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#116 Post by The_Wanderer »

sastaz wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:18 pm ...She walks around the corner.
Cyril
"She is a lot of woman. Too much for most...Fascinating." He follows Xenos into the tavern and says to Akhilleus, "What opportunities have you seen? I know the slaves had some concerns although I doubt their ability to make it a profitable expedition."
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#117 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag laughs at Tuurma's statement, and will tag along with the group, not having been told not to.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Rex »

Drest

Drest will try and find a seat at the table with Xenos, back to the wall.
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#119 Post by Bluetongue »

Valkrina

Probably will stick with the team she knows best.

Wants to do some shopping, get her hair done, bubble bath, proper bed for the night. Doesn't want to be offered either 'a room at the brothel' or another trek to help out cannibalistic slaves living on the edge of the desert and poverty.

She observed and listens in to conversations, mostly the locals as they are more likely to be 'in the know' if anything is worth knowing.
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Karaunios »

Akhilleus will also stick to the people he came with to Xambaala, and will also welcome whoever wants to join them.

Being the mercenary looking to make a living and motivated by the gold coins received for the job done, he's more interested in profitable missions than in helping people who can't pay. So his ears are open.

He looks at the interaction between Tuurma and Kain with apparent indifference and then turns to drinking and eating.

To Cyril: "Well. There's talk about going to the Grotto of Rel. Some of us didn't have the best of experiences with the god, so we are not very keen about going there." He waves at Xenos', Valkrina and Drest. " I think we would like to find something better before we turn to that."

He eyes everyone present. "Have you heard of any job that could be done around this parts? Or of any abandoned place waiting to be looted?"

Return to “Wandering Windswept Wastelands (HYPERBOREA)”