Inferno
ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 21: The Caverns of Thracia

#341 Post by ChubbyPixie »

After some restless sleep...

Chance for Extra Healing (20%): [1d100]=80

...and the attentions of the healers, Kiri feels returned to life, if not one hundred percent effective. He bows respectfully to Amethu and the barbarians, each in turn, palms together, but doesn't get overly dramatic about it.

He then rests, sitting up, and consults his tablets, meditatively restoring knowledge of his spells, allowing fate to guide him in choosing which might be most useful and enlightening...

Yrkoon
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#342 Post by Yrkoon »

Cruloc

Despite the tremulant, irrational fear Kiri consistently awakens in his soul and the general revulsion he feels toward the eastern giant's incorporeal ancestor - why does he continue to hide, and what grandfather does not stink? - a hint of a smile crosses Cruloc's lips to see him on his feet. He nods to Kiri's bow, then attempts to discern whether the one he gave Torix was any lower.

The Pict. What is he doing here?

"You." Cruloc points a calloused finger at the wildman. "Your arrival was welcome, but it remains unexplained. Rectify that. If you were not with the Picts hunting us, what brought you here with such..." The barbarian pauses. Whether he struggles with vocabulary or choler, it is unclear. "... auspicious timing? If all Pict warriors were as helpful, they'd be sneaking into our tents to give us handjobs instead of slitting our throats."

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#343 Post by Bluetongue »

Grigor

Certainly staying in a safe room for another day gives me time to pray for new spells and heal up further.

Mind you I am concerned the dead Thracians will be found and the rope bridge reinforced with more guards.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by jemmus »

Torix notices the female rogue wondering about him. A Zamoran? Or Zingaran? One of the city people to the south, he thinks. He says in his barbarous Common, You wonder why I'm here. Why I help you. This is Picts' land. We know about this evil city. These wicked people should not be here. It is taboo, but I come here and I go inside. I will kill a wicked soldier if I see one. I go down I and I see evil paintings. I see you fight people like in the paintings, I help you kill them.

Then I hope you are not wicked like them. I see how you fight bravely and I see you help each other, so I think you are not evil. You are doing good for Picts and all people.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#345 Post by hedgeknight »

Dahinna

The rogue rubs her pounding temples with her fingers and squints up at Amethu. "Oh, yeah. I forgot...you know...with all of the bloodshed and dying."
She grins at Zahra but doesn't take the bait.
Winter is coming...

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#346 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Kiri looks mildly startled, his eyebrows raise slightly, when Cruloc finds the word 'auspicious,' but he hides it, having no desire to embarrass a dangerous man.

"Yes," he says turning in Torix's direction as if just realizing he was present, "I remember your appearance not long before the point after which I remember nothing further. You were not a vision, after all. You certainly saved me from... ah... dying more thoroughly than I did."

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#347 Post by Inferno »

Beneath the Forbidden City of the Dead, Pictland, the World of Hyboria
Day Ten. Morning. 20th day of the month of Qrot, 1280th year of the Age of Aquilonia

In the wake of her lover's brutal murder, Dahinna loses interest in the treasure she was once eager to find. But her companions' resolve does not waver, especially Amethu whose commitment to their quest borders on zealotry.

Blessed by the gods with a safe hiding place, the adventurers choose to spend another day and night recovering from the nigh-fatal wounds wrought upon them by the fearless worshippers of the Atlantean God of Death.

They grimly accept that Thracian reinforcements may force them to fight that harrowing battle of attrition again to retake the bridge and the first hall.

Time passes and they believe dawn has come again.

Actions? (Please mark off another day's rations.
Nightly healing and first aid is accounted for below. Please roll for additional healing as per the house rules.
Casters may pray and study for new spells.

Map:
One square = 10 feet. The white X marks the location of the adventurers. All else is from memory.

PC Status:
Amethu: Verulian Grand Magus Cleric/Magic-User 4/3: Move: 9", AC: 4, HP: 16/17, Spells: 8/8 1st lvl, 5/5 2nd lvl
Cruloc: Cimmerian Northman Barbarian 3: Move: 12", AC: 4, HP: 23/45
Dahinna: Zamoran Southwoman Thief 5: Move: 12", AC: 4, HP: 14/25
Grigor: Zamoran Nomad Cleric/Fighter 3/3: Move: 9", AC: 1, HP: 11/29, Spells: 4/4 1st lvl, 2/2 2nd lvl
Kiri Khutan: Kambujan Easterner Fighter/Magic-User 3/3: Move: 9", AC: 3, HP: 4/21, Spells: 3/3 1st lvl, 1/1 2nd lvl
Torix: Pict Savage Barbarian 3: Move: 12", AC: 2, HP: 28/28
Zahra: Verulian Amazon Fighter 4: Move: 12", AC: 1, HP: 10/29, Candle
Gnasher: Grigor's Hound: Move: 12", AC: 5, HD: 2+2, HP: 10/11, AT: 1, D: 1-4

PC Magic:
None currently.

Player Resources:
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#348 Post by Bluetongue »

Grigor

The gypsy spends time in thanksgiving and atonement, skipping some meal time to fast and pray for the departed souls of Iago and the Thracians.

Needless deaths he feels

Receiving grace to heal, he draws nigh Kiri.

"We should remember our ancestors, their spirits and life strengthen our resolve." He prays for himself and his comrade (presuming he is willing of course), and then preps his kit for the day.

Grigor invokes Cure Light Wounds: himself [1d8]=5 Kiri [1d8]=7

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#349 Post by Urson »

Zahra
Zahra becomes more cranky and fidgety as the day goes by- she hates the cramped quarters, and it shows. She gets quieter, also- trying to keep her temper.

30% chance of extra hp.pecentile [1d100]=22
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by hedgeknight »

Dahinna

The rogue lies around the next day feeling sorry for herself and crying over Iago; this last for about two hours. She dries her eyes, eats, and checks her gear, while walking the walls of their sanctuary. When the time comes, she is ready to leave.
Extra pt of healing: [1d100]=77
Winter is coming...

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#351 Post by jemmus »

Uninjured Torix waits patiently in the cramped room. He watches as the gods miraculously heal the gravely injured group. This is not sorcery, but the power of prayer and connection with the great spirits of the world. He stands guard by the doorway, occasionally exercising his legs and stretching his shoulders. He supposes it will only be a matter of time before the death worshippers appear. But there is nothing for it, the warrior-- each of their own kind-- must rest and heal. Or they would all die in a strong fight.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Yrkoon
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#352 Post by Yrkoon »

Cruloc

Fretting... praying... crying. Crom's bathwater! What's next - urinating?

Cruloc sniffs the close air of the chamber, half in disgust and half to gauge the integrity of his companions' bladders. He rises to administer a feral tongue-lashing.

"Gird yourselves, raiders! Cease your puling and prepare for battle anew! No ancient civilisation has ever been toppled by moaning milksops." Veins bulge in his corded throat. "See the Pict - if I were as unsightly as him, I'd be screeching like a forsaken fishwife or plucking out my own eyes! But he sits, stoic and uncomplaining in the manner of a true savage - oblivious to his hideousness, and an example to us all! Act like soldiers, or he may surmise that his grass skirt-wearing god has dealt him another shit hand!"

He gives a momentary nod of recognition to the newcomer.

The steaming Cimmerian jerks his dagger from his scabbard and bares his teeth. "The next complaint I hear will be from a Thracian with this blade being twisted in his liver."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#353 Post by Urson »

Zahra
Zahra shoots Cruloc a red- eyed scowl. Not everyone rants and stomps to ready themselves for battle, Cruloc.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by ravenn4544 »

Amethu prays once more for the strength of the god to help him. He pays little attention to the conversation as he pours over the ancient magical symbols that empower his sorcery. When all is complete he allows some of this power to heal those that he needs to see his ancient ancestors restored.

"We indeed have been sorely tested. With our strength restored some we are almost ready to return to the darkness. Defend yourselves well - even my powers are now diminished until we rest further. But I fear delay would test us beyond patience..."

Recover HP (con 8) [1d100]=2

Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=7 -> Cruloc
Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=4 -> Dahinna
Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=3 -> Grigor
Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=3 -> Kiri
Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=8 -> Kiri

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#355 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Kiri feels himself again. He bows deeply to the healers, without whom he would be long dead, as would they all.

He prepares his spells again. Then attempts to summon Grandfather… there is no answer. Perhaps the old man has business elsewhere?
Not memorizing US today… :)

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#356 Post by Inferno »

The adventure continues in... Chapter 22: Underworld
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun