Barrowmaze III: Grave Returns.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Barrowmaze III: Grave Returns.

#821 Post by Spearmint »

Are you paying Bublé the bard -100gp to croon this and thus Gerdal (as composer) gets +100xp, everyone else gets +50xp or chancing a charisma test with your own singing to save in cost?

If so roll me a 3d6 vs charisma check (modified down from 4d6) and if Isvand passes a performance check on playing harmonica in the background [3d6 vs Int] he can add a [1d6] roll to aid your charisma check.

Success equates to gaining the XP, fail and you are rotten tomatoed off stage.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#822 Post by sastaz »

No I was thinking to pay the bard actually :) Want to make this a memerable moment.

I posted in the Brazen Strumpet thread asking Bollo about this just now.

100 gp deducted from Gerdal

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#823 Post by sastaz »

Rex wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:06 pm Awesome Job with the song.
Thanks guys :D I actually love this song IRL, Auli'i Cravalho is such a talented singer. Lin-Manuel Miranda (creator) is really likable as well. Was watching his latest works in Encanto with the kids this week.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#824 Post by Spearmint »

Great job. These events really add to the campaign world and character investment.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#825 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Agreed!

Do we still want to RP the feast out in the tavern before we leave town again? :lol:

What is the cost on the party if we supply the hog? Can we do it for 30gp?

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#826 Post by Spearmint »

Hog Roast, piggy supplied (and Enlarged to stretch the tenderloins out), 30gp all inclusive.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#827 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Great! (and good idea) :D

That puts the group fund at 166gp remaining.

I am okay with paying for the bards song out of the group fund as well, if everyone agrees. Or maybe half of it, if that works for everyone? (50gp to Gerdal)

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#828 Post by redwarrior »

Isvand is good with it.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#829 Post by Rex »

Orgoth is good with it.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#830 Post by sastaz »

Great, thanks!

50 gp back to Gerdal

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#831 Post by Spearmint »

great. Let me do a quick round up of out of expedition actions and we can move to a new thread:

Drew, still charmed by Gerdal, Stays in tavern for the duration helping Bollo as a stable hand to muck out and cater for Gerdal's mule and Smokie's kennel. He agrees to sign in another exploration, principally as a meatshield to the unarmoured sorceress and labourer to the expedition. He has been paid in advance, kitted himself out with new armour and supplies, taking a half share of future xp and trove.

Truro, a little bit richer and wiser, spends the week in guild training and chapel devotions. He does his confessional absolutions and takes to soapbox preaching on market days. As before, he joins a future expedition for half share of xp and trove.

Gnimish and Truro, study their Maze-map and tinker with bits and bobs. Spending the week in youthful pursuits, (mostly buxom wenches at The Pheasant). The elder, Gnim, is given the gold ring from the expedition but displays no apparent knowledge of stealing it or manifesting any kleptomania or other afflictions. He prepares two magnetic horseshoes in his toolkit and two vials of acid. His potential for more impulsive actions still in the balance (swapping a stolen gem for another tpk-saving lightening bolt might be a good deal).

The younger, Treyvor teaches some sleight of hand dealing and distraction and the basics of skeleton key manipulation to an interested Isvand. He tinkers with earth element compounds, creating a number of 'sticky sock' explosives. The gnomes sign on for a half share of future xp and trove each. Konrad researches the ingots craftability.

Amos, offers his tithes and Thanksgiving to the Collegiate Chapel and continues his season contracted to the mercenary guild. He signs on for a full share of xp and trove.

Isvand, learns some preliminary roguish skills and with hard concentration and mania, discovers his mace has an enhanced +1 trait.

Orgoth, helps in his spare time wiping the fevered brow of comatose cleric Golgarth, donating to the Cromm Cruach cistern rebuild in the village. He gives the strange golem ingot to Konrad for safekeeping and research.

Gerdal, recruits Drew. Takes a day to check in the Ossithrax Tapestry repair, casting a Mending spell as requested to help the seamstresses with the spider silk repairs. She spends other days in study to learn some new spells. She is gifted knowledge of healing virtue to cast Cure spells. Harkazz the chameleon learns to 'spider climb' on vertical and ceiling surfaces.

Sven, does the team accountancy investigations of various items recovered. Spending several days in study to learn new spells. He also acquires a book from Mazzah that might help with future Sunstone manipulations. Mazzah takes the body parts and components to research as spell or potion compounds.

He adds some extra fashion to his garments and Smokie gets a spiked leather collar.

The greasy piggy is roasted in the tavern, the tribute song crooned by Bublé.

I think that covers everyone from May 11th to the morning of May 20th.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#832 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I like it!

There is still 116gp in the party fund, so maybe we can get a first aid kit for Drew and both the gnomes before we head out again?

Can anyone else think of items we need to purchase? We can resupply torches and rations from this coin as well.

I have a note on my sheet that says Sven borrowed 25gp to Geral. Was that repaid already and I just forgot to delete the note? Or is that still outstanding? (not a big deal either way, just doing a little house cleaning)

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#833 Post by sastaz »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:36 pm I like it!

There is still 116gp in the party fund, so maybe we can get a first aid kit for Drew and both the gnomes before we head out again?

Sounds like an excellent idea!

Can anyone else think of items we need to purchase? We can resupply torches and rations from this coin as well.

Maybe bring the sledgehammers etcetera (once again) if we decide on bashing the wall to the iron cobras this time around?

I have a note on my sheet that says Sven borrowed 25gp to Geral. Was that repaid already and I just forgot to delete the note? Or is that still outstanding? (not a big deal either way, just doing a little house cleaning)

Still outstanding! I have it in my notes as well but Gerdal was always short on cash. Let's clear it right now!

Gerdal -25gp

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#834 Post by sastaz »

Sorry, was there any xp for the roast? Don't recall...

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#835 Post by Spearmint »

no, the hog roast is just an experience for the pig. But celebrations and tributes add to your character reputation or notoriety.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#836 Post by sastaz »

Spearmint wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:56 pm no, the hog roast is just an experience for the pig. But celebrations and tributes add to your character reputation or notoriety.
Clear!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#837 Post by OGRE MAGE »

We have been leaving all the construction tools we've brought along just inside the secret entrance, so as long as our gear is still there, we should be good with that kind of stuff.

Sven will add that 25gp to his sheet and delete the note.

Thanks!

Is everyone excited to start out again?

How about.....

Barrowmaze IV: Four Power and Glory.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#838 Post by Rex »

Orgoth is very excited as always.

Orgoth has 9 torches, 6 days rations and 1 first aid kit. Should we buy a weeks rations and split them up among everyone? 6 is probably enough though. Maybe some sacks?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#839 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sacks are always a good buy.

Let's discuss this in our new thread once it is created.

Return to “Completed Expeditions”