gurusql
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

UE Issue #1: Introductions

#1 Post by gurusql »

John C. Kluczynski Federal Building 38th Floor, Downtown New Chicago
2:00 Local Time – Monday, June 15th, 1987

You find yourself seated in the corner conference room on the 38th floor of the John C. Kluczynski Federal Building in downtown New Chicago, having been requested in the GOSH offices. Seating around the table is a total of four individuals (I will let each give their own description). You have been seated for about 90 seconds, and no one has yet broken the silence when in steps a man wearing a light blue suit with a wide brown and blue tie. He says, “Good Afternoon Heroes – my name is Peter McGinley of GOSH.” as he is walking to his seat. It is obvious that Peter McGinley is a native Irishman that has lived in the New Chicago, for quite a few years. While you can still make out an Irish accent, it is just that . . . detectable. After he sits, he takes one last look at this clipboard and says while pointing “Azir, Dos Seso, Eclipse and Wind Dragon – the GOSH leadership in Washington has decided that we need a supergroup in New Chicago and based on the GOSH reports you four are our recruits. Excellent – what an honor to meet you all! Per my reports Wind Dragon you have met Eclipse stopping a Viper robbery and Dos Seso and Azir you both met with the Shark-man affair down at the water last month. We will be putting out a press release on Friday, is pretty boiler plate but we would like to give a group name and leader. If you are unable to come up with a name and or a leader, I am sure the press would be thrilled to put your come up with your group name like they did with the Minutemen in LA. The story is worth repeating, the group wanted to gel and determine the leadership style that they wanted and then determine a name that fit. The reporter that got the story thought that Minuteman was the leader and that the other heroes were his lackeys and he dubbed them the Minutemen and it stuck. The name and leader by 2:00 PM this Friday or any day the press sees you together before that. Questions?”

“You can have the room as long as you want . . .” he trails off as he looks back down at his clipboard “. . . until 3 PM since there is a budget meeting in here at that time.”

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: UE Issue #1: Introductions

#2 Post by gurusql »

Wind Dragon

Description: Wind Dragon appears to be a Chinese-American male that wears light tan Keikogi pant with a red tie belt around his waist. He also wears a matching red mask that ties behind his head. He does not wear a shirt, but has a large tattoo of a light blue Chinese dragon on his chest and arms. He does not carry any weapons. (I have included a picture, please note that in the picture the martial artist has two swords, a green dragon and no mask that are different from this character - I already miss hero machine - that was my go to imaging tool back in the day.)

Summary of character (that you would have from the new reports) - Wind Dragon is Martial Arts based hero that has wind based powers including flight, a protective shield and a dragon wind that allows him to attack at a distance.

"Eclipse nice to see you again. Azir and Dos Seso nice to meet you. How would you like to proceed?", he says with a perfect midwestern accent.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rex »

Azir

Azir is about 5'3" tall and of medium build with albino white hair and noticeable fangs. She is of Indian descent and speaks with a slight Indian accent. She appears to be in her late 20's and attractive.
zpzSuZA.jpg
zpzSuZA.jpg (128.17 KiB) Viewed 878 times
"I am Azir, nice to meet you all or again in your case Dos Seso. It will be interesting working with you."

You would know she is very strong and tough. Very stubborn and straightforward, the press thinks she lacks subtlety.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse is an white male of average height and build. From what you can tell you think he's probably in his twenties (definitely no older) and speaks with a Chicago accent. He wears a black 'unitard', biker type boots and jacket, with 'gold' trim and pads, and a gold mask covering the top half of his head.
eclipse.jpg
eclipse.jpg (52.14 KiB) Viewed 874 times
eclipse_alt.jpg
eclipse_alt.jpg (76.17 KiB) Viewed 874 times
He nods at Wind Dragon "Indeed, it is good to see you again" he then nods at the others "and good to meet you too." he glances at the clock "So we've got this place for an hour, we're going need somewhere more permanent to meet."

From the news reports you know his powers include flight, moving metal, and a protective shield.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by VonAlric »

Dos Seso

Dos Seso wears a dark grey unitard and mask. The mask has a white starburst centered on the forehead and spreads out across the mask and down the suit. A small, black ponytail hangs out the back of mask. He is just under 6' with an athletic build. When he speaks, his accent suggests a west coast locale but no ethnicity.

"Good to see you again, Azir. Glad you were there when Shark-man stirred up that trouble. Good to meet you both, Wind Dragon and Eclipse."

"So, they want us to be a group and find someone to head this thing up. What shall we tackle first, leader or name?"

News reports on Dos Seso are not informative about any powers except a force field that looks like a large, projected overlay of him. Speculation suggests that he may have mental powers due to his name meaning "Two Brains" in Spanish.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by gurusql »

There are some random options on this site for team names.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rex »

Azir

"What about "The Grim Crusaders!". I like that one."

Cool link.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse winces "Grim?... I was hoping for something a bit more inspirational, like the New Chicago Champions or maybe the Midwest Crusaders."

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by VonAlric »

Dos Seso shakes his head slightly. "Yeah, my outlook on life might be bad sometimes but never what I would classify as grim." He mulls over Eclipse's words. "We're getting there. Maybe something with Sentinels in it?"
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by gurusql »

Wind Dragon

"How about something like 'The Crusaders' or the 'Justice Sentinels' or even the 'Chicago Contingent'"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rex »

Azir

"I am fine with "The Crusaders", seems a good choice."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse grins "I can live with any of those three"

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by VonAlric »

Dos Seso

"Seems like a good name. Are we agreed?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse nods "Agreed..The Crusaders it is then. "

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rex »

Azir

"Yes, "The Crusaders" it is. May I propose that for a leader we announce at the same time that we will rotate leadership on some sort of schedule. Yearly or twice a year perhaps? I would prefer not to use Knight/Knight commander but other tittles are fine if everyone feels we need them."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

"That's a really good idea. I think every six months is a good rotation period. We could determine the order randomly, although to be honest I've not much experience in leadership so it's probably best I don't go first. I'm not sure we need to worry about titles, but I'll go with whatever you guys feel works. "

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Rex »

Azir

"Six months is fine with me. I don't have any leadership experience either."

What attribute would I look to for leadership?

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by gurusql »

PRE - Presence represents the character’s forcefulness, charisma, bravery, confidence, bearing, and leadership qualities — in short, his or her impressiveness.
Everyone on the team has between a 13-20 in this characteristic.

There are some skills like Oratory, Bureaucratics, Conversation - while not in anyway required can be helpful at times in detailing with people outside the team.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by gurusql »

Wind Dragon

"I to support the name and the leadership term proposal."
Last edited by gurusql on Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by gurusql »

Peter McGinley

"If The Crusaders are interested, I took the liberty of finding a house in a pretty isolated part of the Southside that the Federal Government seized from a major Drug Dealer. The house does have only basic services (power, phone, etc.) I could handle the paperwork to make that at least your temporary operating location. It is located in the Dan Ryan Woods, just off of Hamilton Ave. I am not sure of the history on how this was allowed to be build in the preserve."
CrusadersEx.jpg
CrusadersEx.jpg (130.21 KiB) Viewed 574 times
If you follow this link and then navigate a little to the west, you will see where Hamilton goes into the Dan Ryan Woods.
Last edited by gurusql on Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “United Earth (Champions 5th Edition (HERO))”