House Rules

SeaSaltSong
SeaSaltSong
Tracker
Tracker

House Rules

#1 Post by SeaSaltSong »

So, some simple house rules. Most are going to be because this is play by post and related to that, but you know.

First dot in a discipline
The first dot of a discipline is not 10, instead it is 5 if in-clan, 7 if out-of-clan, and 6 if Caitiff. However, you may only buy that first dot if it is a clan discipline (Additional Discipline merit included) or a physical discipline (Potence, Celerity, Fortitude). Otherwise you must be trained by someone with the discipline and drink a blood point from them receiving a level 1 blood bond.

If you start with an out of clan discipline from freebie points or something that would normally require vitae consumption that it perfectly fine. Wrap it into your backstory. You may not, however, start with Thaumaturgy or Necromancy this way as they are way too guarded by their respective clans

Combination Disciplines
The combination disciplines from Lore of the Clans are free if you have the respective dots to qualify. Combo disciplines from other sources must be purchased with XP separately as normal though.

XP Spending
XP spending will need to be done in between nights. So once you go to lay down for the day (or roll willpower to stay awake) you can spend it then. Exceptions will occur if a night is going particularly long and I'll open up opportunity to spend that XP so you aren't waiting eternity and a half for morning. It has to remain fun, no?

Starting Humanity
Yeah, you can just ignore that little Conscience + Self-Control bit. Choose what you want 5-8 to match the character. just know that at humanity 8, you're going to have some strong moral objections to many things, even self-defense. 7 is recommended for new players, 6 if your backstory is a little more on the shady side.

----------

The only time I'll roll for you
The only time I'll roll in your place is for speed of a scene. For example, the coterie enters a club and there are some supernaturals in there. Rather than ask for everyone to roll an awareness, wait for responses, and then saw what you all see I'll just roll that awareness since it's a passive thing and describe what you each picked up on seperately.

I will never roll in your place if it takes away any of your player agency

Anything that refers to a session
Some abilities and descriptions refer to things on a per session basis. For purposes of the game it'll be on a per night basis. So if something effects you until the end of the session, it'll be until the end of the night instead.
Characters
Lasombra, Sister Hannah || Baltimore by Night -- VtM 20th Anniversary
Wood Elf Druid, Kythaela Jadewind || Adventures in Manor Hills -- DnD 5e

GM
Orlando by Night -- VtM 20th Anniversary

Return to “Orlando by Night (Vampire: The Masquerade (V20))”