Hi-Lo (mercantile)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Hi-Lo (mercantile)

#301 Post by Bluehorse »

thank you sir, I will have them here tomorrow first thing when I make my rounds with milk and eggs. I have asked other villagers here to come to me with correspondence needs as well. I know that some are not blessed to have learned to read and write, so I am happy to make myself available to those that need me to dictate letter for them.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#302 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Mr. Nehru suddenly seems a bit flummoxed.

"Well......I'm sure that will be fine. They used to come here to do things like that......but.......I suppose........sure, that would be fine.......I guess."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#303 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam blinked. oh! I apologize. I had no idea. I have only made this offer to a few. I won't to any others unless someone personally comes to me. I didn't mean to step on any toes

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#304 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I knew there was something I missed. :oops:

Mr. Nehru doesn't seem totally convinced.

"Well, just remember that once Captain Quark arrives back here to resupply us, he can take any letters you have back to the mainland with him."

"Like I said, he should be arriving back here anytime now."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#306 Post by OGRE MAGE »

For the loom etc.?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#308 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ok, well, the ship hasn’t arrived yet, so yes, he could get that letter in as well.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#309 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger eats, bathes, sleeps. In that order.

Still exhausted, the Tallfellow heads to the Hi-Lo for a bit of supplies and hopefully a bit of information. If Nalissa is present, he'll turn on his usual charm.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#310 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nalissa smiles from ear to ear when she sees her little morsel again.

"Well, hello again, Arte. Am I ever glad to see you alive, and still in one piece too? What can I do for you today, cutie?"

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#311 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala the Grey

If this is the 9th, then it must be late in the day for Avaala.

Avaala stops by the Hi-Lo, with Treasure on his shoulder. "Is Mr. Nehru about, Nalissa? Never mind, I am sure you can tell me. Do any of the locals dive the waters around here for oysters? Any pearl hunters? I'm interested in buying or trading for some nice ones." And with a dramatic wave of his hand, he adds, "Oh, and please allow me to introduce my esteemed friend and comrade, Treasure."
"There is no spoon."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#312 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger shows his dimples.

Ah, my dear Lady Nalissa, He begins after a slight gag, Please excuse my appearance, I'm afraid the jungles on this island have left my attire worse for the wear. I wonder, is there anyone on this isle who conducts laundry, and perhaps mending service? Also I'd like to inquire about slugs. I seem to have used or... Misplaced the majority of mine. Other than that, I'd simply like to know how you have been, and of the happenings in Beachtown during my absence. He lowers his eyes and momentarily fingers a spot on the counter. Harold been around?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#313 Post by OGRE MAGE »

tkrexx wrote:Lightfinger shows his dimples.

Ah, my dear Lady Nalissa, He begins after a slight gag, Please excuse my appearance, I'm afraid the jungles on this island have left my attire worse for the wear. I wonder, is there anyone on this isle who conducts laundry, and perhaps mending service? Also I'd like to inquire about slugs. I seem to have used or... Misplaced the majority of mine. Other than that, I'd simply like to know how you have been, and of the happenings in Beachtown during my absence. He lowers his eyes and momentarily fingers a spot on the counter. Harold been around?
Nalissa hangs on Arte's every word.

"No, I still haven't seen Harold around. You sure are concerned about that old man though. I think that's cute."

"I'm sure the gals in the common house would do your mending and laundry for you, for a small fee of course. You know......I've always wanted someone I could do laundry for......"
The much larger female starts to trace small circles on the counter with her finger as well.

"We sell sling bullets right here, silly. Did you use all of yours fighting big scary monsters out there in the dangerous jungle?"

"Aren't you the little charmer. I've missed you too, Arte. Have you heard about all the dwarves that came to town yesterday? Did you see their ugly ship out there on the water?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#314 Post by OGRE MAGE »

SirOwen wrote:Avaala the Grey

If this is the 9th, then it must be late in the day for Avaala.

Avaala stops by the Hi-Lo, with Treasure on his shoulder. "Is Mr. Nehru about, Nalissa? Never mind, I am sure you can tell me. Do any of the locals dive the waters around here for oysters? Any pearl hunters? I'm interested in buying or trading for some nice ones." And with a dramatic wave of his hand, he adds, "Oh, and please allow me to introduce my esteemed friend and comrade, Treasure."
Hi-Lo stays open until sundown, so you just made it. :lol:

Nalissa is rather startled by the sight of treasure sitting on the back of Avaala's neck. (as were every single townsfolk along his walk to the general store)

"Woah! What is THAT thing?" She holds her hands up as if to stop you from entering any further.

"Stay right where I can see you with that thing, and don't come any closer."

"The oysters are long gone, but Mr. Nehru may have a few pearls around here to sell. I will ask him once he gets back from his mapping trip that he went on this morning. I don't expect him to be gone very long. It isn't like him to go off into the jungle at all really, so I'm sure he will be back very soon. If not today, most certainly tomorrow."

"Ummm.....yes.....aahhhh......hello Treasure, I guess. What the hells IS that thing?"

Treasure hangs his head low and stays silent.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#315 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala the Grey

"Why, Miss Nalissa, Treasure is a fine example of Dragonensis Familiaris or a Wizard's Wyrm. They are highly revered for their wisdom and sought after by all magicians for their skills, advice and wondrous powers!" There is no trace of hesitation or lack of enthusiasm in Avaala's estimation of his companion. "But, I admit, they are rare in the extreme, and I am not surprised you didn't recognize him for what he is!"

"So," he continues. "If Mr. Nehru has a few pearls left, who are the brave divers who may still have some unsold?"
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#316 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nalissa doesn't seem to be all that soothed by the explanation, though Treasure does perk up a bit at his fine description.

"I don't know of any divers, but I do know that Mr. Nehru keeps a few of the more precious baubles around for sale or trade."

"If he hasn't returned by tomorrow morning, I will look around for them, though I'm sure I wouldn't know their worth even if I did know where they were kept. I'm sorry I couldn't be more of an immediate help to you."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#317 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala the Grey

"More help?" Avaala asks. "You are a virtual treasure trove of information, my dear. It can hardly be your fault that the correct answer is 'Not right now'." He smiles and adds, "And I hope this will help you to think more highly of Treasure and myself."
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#318 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nalissa smiles at the mage, not used to hearing much more than complaints.

She seems to be opening up to the idea of a tiny monster inside of her store.

"Is it really a......dragon? Where did you find such a........treasure?"

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#319 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala the Grey

"As is only fitting," he answers with a flourish. "He was trapped deep in the heart of a maze, surrounded by giant monster spiders and evil spider-men and held behind traps capable of killing men and my fine dog, Rollo." He pauses for a moment as thoughts of his lost friend return. "So remember, my fine lady, nothing of real value is ever easy. But real value is usually worth the cost." He reaches to his shoulder and gently pats Treasure's foot.
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#320 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nalissa nods in understanding.

”Well, it looks more like a malnourished elephant to me, but if you say he is special, who am I to disagree?”

She reaches under the counter and pulls out a small piece of wrapped saltwater taffy.

“Do you think it would like a sweet little treat?”

Return to “Completed Missions”