CHAPTER 7: The Great Mushroom Harvest

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: CHAPTER 7: The Great Mushroom Harvest

#141 Post by Norjax »

The canyon map for reference. You are at the mushroom grove just north of the red "MR" and southeast of cave "B".
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#142 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "Well perhaps harvesting mushrooms was a bad plan. Wanna go check that cave out that's nearby? Should be far more adventurous than chopping down mushrooms."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
greyarea
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by greyarea »

Given what we've just encountered, nothing is likely to be more adventurous than chopping down mushrooms, replies Denslow. Perhaps less of a pain in the trunk but not likely to be of greater adventure.

That said, I suggested the caves long ago. Those spores were too close for comfort. I can feel the itch in my roots already. Stupid fungus.
GreyWolfVT

#144 Post by GreyWolfVT »

greyarea wrote:Given what we've just encountered, nothing is likely to be more adventurous than chopping down mushrooms, replies Denslow. Perhaps less of a pain in the trunk but not likely to be of greater adventure.

That said, I suggested the caves long ago. Those spores were too close for comfort. I can feel the itch in my roots already. Stupid fungus.
Jack tips his hat "Fair enough. I'd not really considered the mushroom harvest an adventure but definitely a battle. Your fruits are quite interesting weapons and effective. I share your dislike for fungi. The worms were a bit surprising I might add."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
neurotox
Strider
Strider

#145 Post by neurotox »

"No kidding. Blechhhh..." May-Jor trundles back toward the group proper. She'll bend down and queasily inspect her wound, giving it few painful squeezes and prods, trying to feel for any squirmy movement from within.

"No longer enthusiastic about this mushroom harvest. Willing to pursue other courses of action. That said, if we should want to continue playing with mushrooms, it may be better to do it from a distance. Got a bow and arrow."
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri peers over at the bears' wounds I can do some healing if you need it, it'll help a bit, but I can only do it twice a day, it's rather taxing
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by Zhym »

"Caves? What caves?" asks Kurot.
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by Norjax »

The Gam’A Zone, Day 76

After about 20 minutes of discussion on where to explore next, Frekken and Belial awaken from their slumber. Both have “cobwebs” in their head as they regain consciousness and are somewhat off balance when they try to walk.

May-Jor and Silvestri examine the cyber-bear’s wound, which is slightly swollen and the surrounding skin is inflamed (probably from the quick dry shave).

Actions?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri examines the robo-bears wound, without touching, to check for signs of baby worms or eggs.
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by Norjax »

Silvestri, the psionic healer, thoroughly examines May-Jor’s wound for worms or eggs. He cannot detect any foreign intruders, but the wound is defiantly infected. Puss is beginning to leak out of the puncture hole.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by shaidar »

Concerned, Silvestri focuses his mind on healing the wound, hoping to also clear any infection:

Psychic Healing: [2d4+3] = 5+3 = 8
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by Norjax »

Focusing on the flesh and muscle of the cybertnetic bear, Silvesti concentrates and pictures the shaved bear leg in his mind’s eye. Zooming and focusing, the psionist begins to picture individual cells and stimulates them to multiply and reject intruding cells. May-Jor observes her lower leg and watches the inflamed skin return to its normal color, the swelling rapidly reduce and the residual puss evaporate into the air.

Impressed, the robo-bear wonders about the extent of his friend’s invisible powers.

GreyWolfVT

#153 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack searches to see if any of his crossbow bolts can be salvaged from the worm battle. Then will be ready to head to the nearest cave.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by Norjax »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Jack searches to see if any of his crossbow bolts can be salvaged from the worm battle. Then will be ready to head to the nearest cave.
The former sheriff seeks out his crossbow bolts for recovery. Unfortunately, they are somewhere deep in the hostile mushroom grove and most likely imbedded in the layered undergrowth.

Jack's character sheet will be revised to show his current inventory.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#155 Post by Urson »

Belial

The baboon shakes his head, trying to clear the fog. He grins. Awesome trip, dudes! Then he sees the wounded, and the attempts at healing. Oh- yeah. So sorry....
FA FO
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri nods, satisfied. That's much better, I was worried about the infection, it was setting in rather quickly.
GreyWolfVT

#157 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "I'd be worried about all sorts of issues with the worms and spores."

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#158 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx

Blixx keeps watch, and silently thanks the Ancients for Silvesti being in our group.

Blixx will take out his spyglass and scan the caves.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#159 Post by Norjax »

The Gam’A Zone, Day 76

Blixx produces his spyglass and scans the canyon walls to focus in on the discernable cave entrances.

The largest grottos are 25-30 feet high by 15-20 feet wide rough ovals. They are at the base of the 150ft cliff that rings the canyon and are accessible from ground level. (A, C & E)

A cluster of three cavities, all similar sized at 10 feet high by 10 feet wide, are situated about halfway up the cliff at around 75 to 80 feet. They are roughly round in shape. (G, H & I)

The smallest den is a mere 5 feet by 5 feet and is positioned 50 feet above the canyon floor. (F)

The highest cave, nearest to the top of the cliff face, is 130 feet above the base. (J)

Two of the hollows are at the head of gullies and, with his psionic fight still active, the mothish mutant rises vertically into the air to observe the subterranean entrances. Each is around 10 feet wide by 7-8 feet high, shaped like an upside down smiley mouth. (B & D)

Actions?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by Urson »

Belial

I don't know about you dudes- and dudettes- but I think we should start with the easy caves. Belial digs at his ears with a dirty finger, as if trying to clear the fog inside his head.
FA FO

Return to “Archive”