OOC IV

AleBelly
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC IV

#21 Post by Zhym »

BTW, nice poker face in the Double Jeopardy reveal, though I was pretty sure you had it. A person doesn't write an answer as fast as you did and stand there waiting for everyone else to catch up if he isn't pretty sure of the answer.

How you knew that one, I have no idea.
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Storm11 »

My name is Kester and i work for a Charity called the Eddystone trust as the Community HIV worker for North Devon in England. Hence the pastey white skin :shock: :lol:

Last edited by Storm11 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greys Campaign.
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Zorroroaster »

My name is Nick and I hit things for a living.
IMG_0291.JPG
IMG_0291.JPG (626.24 KiB) Viewed 381 times
Sorry...big photo.
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by onlyme »

Congrats...

That is awesome.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by AleBelly »

Both of your jobs are cooler than mine. It's funny - until seeing your pictures, I just assumed you looked like your avatars :lol:
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by AleBelly »

Zhym wrote:BTW, nice poker face in the Double Jeopardy reveal, though I was pretty sure you had it. A person doesn't write an answer as fast as you did and stand there waiting for everyone else to catch up if he isn't pretty sure of the answer.

How you knew that one, I have no idea.
Sometimes it's good to have limited knowledge. I knew Waterloo was 1815 or thereabouts. Duke of Wellington meant the British. The only war I could think of was the War of 1812, and if the year was 1815, that meant it was nearly over. The only battle I knew was the Battle of New Orleans. I had no second guess!

Update hopefully coming tomorrow. We're having a get-together tonight!
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Zhym »

Jeopardy!
Dude. How am I supposed to get shopping done or impress my bosses with how late I stay at work if you keep winning? ;)
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Zorroroaster »

Aaaaaugh! My heart can't take this much longer! Having...palpitations...must...sit...down.

Seriously dude, you owe the good people of Saudi Arabia a collective high five.

I must say though, feeling a bit slighted here that you haven't yet mentioned your obsession with a certain dice-oriented tabletop roleplaying game. We've had prime numbers, we've had Ireland, when you gonna speak some truth about the sacred polyhedral?

Well done! I have questions, but they can wait. :lol:
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Zhym »

How'd Wednesday's Jeopardy go? I was at work. :/

ETA: Never mind. The Internets told me.
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Zorroroaster »

Proud of you, bro! :lol:
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by AleBelly »

Best not to watch. I was well ahead and choked on a big Daily Double bet.

Regarding not mentioning polyhedra, they ask you to give 5 facts about yourself. That was one of them, but Alex never chose it. Thanks for following along. It was a very enjoyable and surreal experience!
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Zorroroaster »

So, Alex is anti-RPGs! Bastard! :lol:

Hey, you won a bucket of cash, and on national tv, that's pretty freaking cool!
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by onlyme »

That is awesome... Do you know if you qualify for any of their other tournaments? or do you have to win X times?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Fidget76
Tracker
Tracker

#34 Post by Fidget76 »

Zorroroaster wrote:
I feel like now that AB has outed himself, we all owe it to him to do the same. Pics and job titles, for the win! :lol:
My name is Jeremy, I actually kill things for a living. Granted its bugs and rodents but still, death is involved. And oh yeah, I am actually Zorroroaster's little brother.
13902741_10157801769730355_6214602296451186031_n.jpg
13902741_10157801769730355_6214602296451186031_n.jpg (46.8 KiB) Viewed 338 times
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by AleBelly »

onlyme wrote:That is awesome... Do you know if you qualify for any of their other tournaments? or do you have to win X times?
Generally you need to win at least 4 games to make the Tournament of Champions.

Blowing that DD means that's a no for me. But it was a fun run and really a great experience. Not the least of which was having some women on twitter tell me that I look like a young Colin Firth :? I don't see it, but I'm certainly happy enough to annoy the hell out of my long-suffering wife with those comments. Helps that my friends are forwarding those to her too. :lol:

Thanks for the kind words all!
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by AleBelly »

Fidget76 wrote:
Zorroroaster wrote:
I feel like now that AB has outed himself, we all owe it to him to do the same. Pics and job titles, for the win! :lol:
My name is Jeremy, I actually kill things for a living. Granted its bugs and rodents but still, death is involved. And oh yeah, I am actually Zorroroaster's little brother.
13902741_10157801769730355_6214602296451186031_n.jpg
Cute kid! And I'm jealous of the part of the world you live in...I've done some climbing in Canada but it's been mainly near Creston and Slocan in BC.
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Zorroroaster »

Yeah, I don't know how either of us sired such handsome kids... I'm just glad my wife's genes won that battle. :lol:

Yeah, it's beautiful country. I miss it. When you say climbing, do you mean "I'm going to on-sight this 10.c offwidth crack, so I'm on belay," or do you mean "hey, what do you suppose is up over that hill?"
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by AleBelly »

Now you've gone and done it

We usually do both on our trips. My last trip out that way was two years ago to the Valhallas near Slocan. Totally stunning place. We hung out with mountain goats for four days. I got totally freaked out when a group of them ran at me while I was relieving myself. Turns out they really like the salt!

Anyway, we tried to climb Gimli Peak by the prominent ridge closest to the camera here (photo not mine, they are on my home computer):

But apparently you Canadians like to sandbag ratings. It took too long and we got rained off (as did everyone else while we were there). So the next day we took the "easy" way to the top and scrambled up the ridge to the right in that picture.

I'll stop spraying now. Bringing up climbing or backpacking is a sure way to get me babbling incessantly. Where are some of your favorite spots? Do you do technical climbing?
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Zorroroaster »

Sandbagged...or do we just climb harder, as a nation? :lol:

Technical climbing mostly, though we never saw the inside of a gym. Always out somewhere thrashing through forests to find a good crag. Lots of climbing in the Coastal range - mostly Squamish. We took trips down to Joshua Tree and Tahquitz. Never climbed in Yosemite though, much to my chagrin. Our trips south were always in the winter. J Tree was wonderful (and not busy) but El Cap would be snowbound. I miss it!

Here's me two decades ago flailing away:
IMG_0898.JPG
IMG_0898.JPG (71.94 KiB) Viewed 317 times
IMG_0899.JPG
IMG_0899.JPG (80.58 KiB) Viewed 317 times
IMG_0900.JPG
IMG_0900.JPG (92.51 KiB) Viewed 317 times
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Zhym »

I'll raise this question here OOC because Angus couldn't possibly give a damn: How do we want to split the dragon hoard?

Some PCs were involved in defeating the dragon. Some went to retrieve the treasure. Some did both. Does everyone who did either get a full share? Or do we want to give a half share for participation in the dragon-slaying and another half-share for participating in the treasure hunt? In the latter plan, the PCs who did both would get a full share while PCs who were involved in either the dragon-slaying or the treasure hunt but not both would get a half-share each.

What does everyone think?

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”