[OOC] Into the Unknown

Julius Sleazer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: [OOC] Into the Unknown

#401 Post by Julius Sleazer »

I'll be working a bit on dungeon maps and such tonight.

Are there any questions y'all have for me?
Vektunaxa
Tracker
Tracker

#402 Post by Vektunaxa »

Ameth is up on the wiki, although I'm not going to purchase equipment and figure out combat stats until tomorrow.
Julius Sleazer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#403 Post by Julius Sleazer »

Awesome! Thanks, Vek. Glad you're playing in this.
Julius Sleazer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#404 Post by Julius Sleazer »

Okay, my goal is to have this game actually IC up-and-going tonight (U.S. Eastern time). No one's character is done yet, but Wyzard's character is like 95% done and MM's is pretty close as well. If most of the party is done by tonight, my preference would be to just start the game (I like to strike while the iron's hot) and just say that the dude who's still working on his character is at the dungeon-mouth guarding the mule temporarily or something to that effect.

Please let me know if anyone needs any questions answered regarding equipment or saves. Remember to check to make sure that you are using Expert save values rather than Basis save values. For some classes they're the same; for others, they are different, and the Expert values supersede the Basic ones.

Please also recall that I don't generally use alignment tongue, and I give a "free" language in place of alignment tongue. In this game, I am using alignment tongue. Please remember that alignment tongue gets across basic ideas, not complex ones. "Where is boss's lair?" is a valid question in alignment tongue. Asking someone for detailed directions, as well as commentary about the real estate values and neighborhood demographics, is not. "Trade food for gold?" is legit. Haggling over the interest rate and lease terms of a galley is not. That sort of thing. Please ask if there are any questions.

Also remember that, in-setting, direct questions about someone's alignment are generally considered shockingly rude.
Julius Sleazer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#406 Post by Julius Sleazer »

thirdkingdom wrote:Where are we playing?
I'm still on the fence (assuming that you're asking about RPGnet vs. here, and not a campaign setting question).
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#407 Post by thirdkingdom »

Julius Sleazer wrote:
I'm still on the fence (assuming that you're asking about RPGnet vs. here, and not a campaign setting question).
Yeah, venue, not setting.
Julius Sleazer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#408 Post by Julius Sleazer »

thirdkingdom wrote:
Julius Sleazer wrote:
Yeah, venue, not setting.

Honestly still deciding. Pluses and minuses either way. If any player has a very strong preference for one over the other, please speak up now.

Also, Wyzard: Your character looks completely done. Thank you!
Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#409 Post by Wyzard »

I'd rather be on RPGnet just so I don't have to watch two different forums.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#410 Post by thirdkingdom »

Wyzard wrote:I'd rather be on RPGnet just so I don't have to watch two different forums.
Sounds good. If you do decide to go to rpgnet, Julius, I'll go ahead and tell the mods here to move this subforum to the "Finished Games" section of the board.

-------

Monmo the Magnificent is up (http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/Monmo_the_Magnificent), but I still need to finalize his equipment. Two quick questions, though. Do staves do 1d4 or 1d6 points of damage? Can they be used as a 10' pole to check for traps?
Julius Sleazer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#411 Post by Julius Sleazer »

thirdkingdom wrote:
Wyzard wrote:I'd rather be on RPGnet just so I don't have to watch two different forums.
Sounds good. If you do decide to go to rpgnet, Julius, I'll go ahead and tell the mods here to move this subforum to the "Finished Games" section of the board.

-------

Monmo the Magnificent is up (http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/Monmo_the_Magnificent), but I still need to finalize his equipment. Two quick questions, though. Do staves do 1d4 or 1d6 points of damage? Can they be used as a 10' pole to check for traps?

As per X25, a staff does 1d4 points of damage and is two-handed. I would certainly allow someone to use one to check for traps, but they aren't ten feet long or anything.

Please remember that as per the rules, magic-users may only attack with a dagger. Magical items (staff of withering, for example) that explicitly say they are for magic-users and involve hitting people may be used. Mundane quarterstaves are a no-go as far as using them as a weapon. If someone's magic-user wants to carry around a quarterstaff to bluff dudes and to test for traps, I would be okay with that, in the same way that I am fine with allowing a cleric to use a dagger to cut his steak or saw his way through rope. Evil high priests can use daggers to off sacrificial victims, but can't use them in rolled combat. That type of thing.
Julius Sleazer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#412 Post by Julius Sleazer »

Would someone be so kind as to add an image header to the game's wiki (http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/Armageddon's_Children) for me?

Link to desired image: http://otusshrine.tumblr.com/image/116090962901
Vektunaxa
Tracker
Tracker

#413 Post by Vektunaxa »

I think Ameth is complete, but I don't have the Expert set so I don't know if the cleric saves are correct.
Julius Sleazer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#414 Post by Julius Sleazer »

Vektunaxa wrote:I think Ameth is complete, but I don't have the Expert set so I don't know if the cleric saves are correct.
Your saves look good and are in the format I prefer (WIS bonus not figured into the save numbers, as I like to do to that manually when I roll the saves).

Love the background, too: "Ameth is on a mission to gain magical and temporal power."
Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#415 Post by Wyzard »

Julius Sleazer wrote:Would someone be so kind as to add an image header to the game's wiki (http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/Armageddon's_Children) for me?

Link to desired image: http://otusshrine.tumblr.com/image/116090962901
Done.
Julius Sleazer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#416 Post by Julius Sleazer »

Awesome! Looks great. Thank you.
Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#418 Post by Wyzard »

thirdkingdom wrote:Monmo's done. Everyone, he's got 21 gp leftover in case anyone needs some extra cash for gear.
I think most of us have a chunk of change left over, really.
Julius Sleazer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#419 Post by Julius Sleazer »

If I email someone a Hexographer map of the starting campaign area, could they post it to the wiki? If so, would it be better for me to send the .hxm version or the .png version?
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#420 Post by thirdkingdom »

Julius Sleazer wrote:If I email someone a Hexographer map of the starting campaign area, could they post it to the wiki? If so, would it be better for me to send the .hxm version or the .png version?
I'm at a chili/bingo night for Maude's school, but should be home around 8, if no one can do it sooner. Send the .png file, I think.

Return to “Into the Unknown (B/X D&D)”