June 4, 3200 - The Seeds of Amir (Michael/Malachi)

Mister-Kent
Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: June 4, 3200 - The Seeds of Amir (Michael/Malachi)

#61 Post by Mister-Kent »

Malachi
Vizier al-Amed clasps his hands. "Yes of course--I'm so glad the casualties were not so great this time. Uh, if our compads are working once more, I must call back to Oasis, and have medical responders awaiting our return. Just...to make sure there's no adverse effects from the storm." The vizier takes two steps away from you, pauses, then walks hurriedly back towards the bunker while dialing his compad.

Michael
"Happened before, you say? Hm." Tobin Thrace[/i] looks you in the eye, and makes sure the aids nor the tourists are nearby to overhear. "It happens as often as they allow, and they always count it as the cost of progress. As a fellow man of science, I'm sure you can appreciate the cold pragmatism."

"I knew nothing of the seeders' complications when I began working here. When I turned 30 I retired from consulting and moved to Amir, drawn in by the legends of the great pretech terraformers, the Caliphate's pride. The popular myth would have you believe the First Caliph built the First Seeder with his own hands, and his descendants carved a paradise of Oasis out of a white wasteland."

He snorts. "Look at how this paradise pushes into the borders of the Gray Zone." On his dataslab he casually points to his ever-ready map of the Zones. "One would think the Caliphs are making a way for their people, taming the harsh world."

"Except I don't think their motivation is as pure. I think it's motivated by guilt."

"I was looking for someone to help me expose the truth. I tested the waters with Kleinsmith, but she's too addicted to the Caliph's money. But you and your friend might be able to help me out…"

Since it's been a while, some popular history of the seeders from the Amiri NewsNet:
The local Net has lots of info about the Amir that's not hard to find, and it all sounds like a very nice story. Hundreds of years ago, when Amir was still a harsh iceworld, the current Caliph's ancestor built the first seeder. Over time the tech was recreated, and now almost the entire northern hemisphere has been transformed into a lush paradise. Native species have been driven south as a matter of course, but fortunately new flora and fauna have been introduced to the Green Zone from other worlds. Caliph Zemed rules Amir with a fair hand and a great vision of the future.
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Coleridge
Guide
Guide

#62 Post by Coleridge »

Sorry for my absence. I'm going to assume we are doing the time jump before we start posting again.

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#63 Post by Mister-Kent »

Yes--I'll have the time-skip post tomorrow night, most likely.
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Return to “Cat's Cradle (SWN)”