Chapter 3: Taverns and New Adventures

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Chapter 3: Taverns and New Adventures

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

New Arrivals: Stallanford - Enter Therick & Trist
You arrive and it is mid to late afternoon lots of the locals are starting dinner and calming down for the day a fair amount of the local businesses are closing up normal daily trade save for the tavern & inn.Therick & Trist whom have been travelling together heard of the King's festival in Stallanford and decided to head there to partake in the activities. You have arrived at the town of Stallanford, on the Duke’s Road. The town is bustling and busy, with many visitors and merchants’ wagons seeking hostels and stables for horses. Karameikos has no king, but this long-held festival honors a great hero of the distant past, King Halav. Long before Karameikos was a nation, King Halav of the Traldar folk fought with his warriors against evil Beast-Men. In a great battle, Halav and the king of the Beast-Men fell, but the evil ones fled and the safety of the humans was ensured. You sniff the pleasing aroma of cooking meat and warm bread, and you make for the tavern, the Hungry Halfling, for a meal and some rest. The inn is busy, but you find a table right away. The friendly old halfling who owns the hostelry charges 5 silver pieces for dinner, a bed, and breakfast. It’s good value though-the joint of beef you see on the table will fill your stomach after your long journey!

While in the tavern they hear word of a wizard Kavorquian that is located in Penhaligon. Which is not very far from Stallanford. Apparently this wizard is famous in these parts but the rumors talk about him being in some sort of danger a messenger sent to meet the wizard vanished without a trace. The rumor is a bit odd. In the tavern the two also hear tales of some great adventuring party that rescued Aralic the town high priest. As well as they stopped some evil orc menace to the area.

Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 3: Taverns and New Adventures

#2 Post by PyroArrow »

Therick Ulrazor: Sylvan Elf - Magic-User - Evoker - AC 10 - Hit Points: 4+? / 4+?

Therick says to Trist, "Hmm, interesting tales to be heard Trist, sounds like we ought to look into helping out Kavorquian, if we can. Perhaps, if we seek this group of folks that rescued High Priest Aralic & stopped orcs, they will also like to look into Kavorquian's trouble and let us join with them."
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

Trist replies, "Therick, I agree. There is much evil in the lands of late. We should gather a group of adventurers to deal with this latest evil. We can keep a watch out for a possible group here in the tavern. Eventually some brave adventurers will show up I bet."

Jivet is invisible on Trist shoulder

Sorry for the late response. Hadn't subscribed to the page and I've had some personal issues to deal with lately.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze
GreyWolfVT

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Barkeep a friendly old halfling walks up to the two newcomers to the area "Welcome to my inn & tavern might I get you goodly folk anything?" he asks Trist & Therick with a kindhearted smile upon his face.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

Trist smiles warmly, "A glass of water would be fine. I'm afraid I'm short on funds these days. Unless you know of some quick work to be done around town?"
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
GreyWolfVT

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Cwreando wrote:Trist

Trist smiles warmly, "A glass of water would be fine. I'm afraid I'm short on funds these days. Unless you know of some quick work to be done around town?"
Flynfire Proudmead the barkeep/innkeeper gives Trist a questioning look one eyebrow raised up "Uh water? Really? Water?" then he chuckles "I'm just messing with you of course I can get you water. On the house. Quick work well the high priest might have something for you, he was recently rescued from orc bandits by some young upstart adventurers. Head to the temple and ask for Aralic tell him Flynfire Proudmead sent you, thats me by the way, what might your name be?" the halfling says.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

Trist says apologetically, "Well met Flynfire Proudmead. I am known as Trist Flameheart. Words are somewhat difficult to come by these days. A water would be most welcome. Once I finish my water we'll head over to the temple and ask for Alaric and mention you sent us. Easy enough. Thanks...…."

Trist turns to Therick Ulrazor….,"Care to head over to the temple once I finish my water?"

Trist grumbles a bit under her breath barely audible at least enough that Therick and Flynfire could barely hear, "Down to just a few coins dag nabit. I need some paying work with some nice treasure. I hope this Alaric has something good."
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

Trist sees her friend is busy so she says, "Catch up to me..... Therick Ulrazor…... at the temple."

Trist heads over to the temple ahead of Therick to see what might be going on.
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by PyroArrow »

Therick Ulrazor: Sylvan Elf - Magic-User - Evoker - AC 10 - Hit Points: 8 / 8

Therick was engage in another conversion with a patron, whom was rambling on about a recent visit to a humid tropical climate full of reptiles, some Island with a peninsula called the Isle of Dread.

Another one chimed in about a town south of Neverwinter called Phandalin.

Therick did nod an acknowledgement to Thrist, when mention of visiting Aralic at his temple came up. Therick hoping, Aralic also knows something about Kavorquian.

Therick finished his tea and says a good bye to the patrons he was chatting with and heads for Aralic's temple.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :

Player:

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Meeting with Alaric at the temple

Therick and Trist head to the temple one barely ahead of the other and find the temple is bustling with the few acolytes going about their daily duties and studies an older human sitting in a pew listening to one of the patrons looks as if he is recovering well for a man captured by orcs recently. You both approach and he holds a hand up indicating you must wait until the patron is done with their tale or whatever it is. You both only wait about five minutes and they conclude their conversation and Alaric greets you with a smile showing nothing but kindness
"Ah more adventurers by the looks of you. How blessed we are. I was saved from a clan of orcs by a lot just like you. They went back to fight the other evil in that place that even the orcs didn't dare deal with."
the elderly fellow looks shaken as he gets a bit pale from the thought of whatever the evil must be he shakes his head a moment as if to regather himself "Ah well that reminds me I found something and I think if you are to join the others that this will be of use for you." he reaches into a pocket in his robes and hands you a note on a torn piece of paper. "I think this will be of the utmost importance and I fear for the wizard Kavorquian, and the rest of the land."
Note Found in B11 Dungeon.JPG
Note Found in B11 Dungeon.JPG (28.78 KiB) Viewed 5108 times
Actions?

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by PyroArrow »

Therick takes the note from Alaric, opens it up so Trist and he can read what it says.

Therick says, "Hmmm, appears another power hungry fool, wishes to claim land and subjects for herself, with a curse of death to all that oppose her."

To Alaric, "How did you come upon this note? From Kavorquian? Or found by you or someone else?"

"Do you know Kavorquian personally?", "Where was Kavorquian, last seen?"

Player:

GreyWolfVT

#12 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alric "I found it when I was held captive by the orcs they made me go down into the cellar or lower level to try and revive one of their dead orcs in it's hand it had the note i was able to take it when the greedy fools were not looking. I had forgot about it when the others rescued me it's funny what you can forget when you are beaten, starving and dehydrated." he says recalling the treatment from the orcs far too clearly. "Kavorquian yes I have heard of him. He lives close to Penhaligon. His home is about 12 miles from here. Just follow the Duke's road south from here and his home is north of Penhaligon."

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by PyroArrow »

Therick says to Alaric, "Penhaligon, seems like a good place to start looking for Kavorquian, then."

"We could then question the locals and have a look at his place or places he visited there."

"Looks like we wait a bit to see if the other group returns to town and see if they want to go, if not we'll need to find more folks willing to go have a look."

"What if anything more that you may know about Kavorquian, you can tell us, Alaric?, What stories have you heard?"

Player:

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

Trist adds, "Thank you Alaric. Anything you or the temple could aid us with would be most appreciated. You have done a great service for the town and it's people. Is there a reward for doing this task? My coin pouch is a bit lighter these days."
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by PyroArrow »

Therick says to Trist, "In that case you get to carry back any coins we find on our journey."

Player:

GreyWolfVT

#16 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alaric "Kavorquian the Wizard is the brother of Arturus and uncle of Lady Arteris. He has a son named Kaerin. The wizard lives near the bloodstone mines. His son is an adopted son. The wizard does all of his wizardly work in his basement, and is considered a lord in Penhaligon. He is a good man. I can tell you Kavorguian was born in Thyatis. He was once a resident of Archbridge. Kavorquian is a well known mage that works in the arcane magic and is best known for his many battles against giants and orcs from the Eldritch Mountains. As for coin there is little i can do about that this is a temple we live on donations."

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by PyroArrow »

Says to Alaric, "Ok, Thank you, good to know, as this will give us some contacts to question in Penhaligon, if they are still around."

Player:

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by PyroArrow »

Since it's getting late, Therick will head back to the Hungry Halfling, and get some snack from Flynfire, sit for a while until the last of the patrons leave or head to their rooms, then he heads for his room to sleep.

Player:

GreyWolfVT

#19 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Heroes Return!

After clearing the evils of the lower level of the dungeon/orc lair the group of adventurers returns to Stallanford, they are greeted by hearty handshakes and slaps on their backs though the sad news that they lost two of their own gives them condolences in return. They are greeted by a friendly face the halfling they saved from the orcs, he talks with them for a bit and then everyone heads their own way.

Meanwhile... Therick and Trist finish up with Alaric at the temple and head back towards the tavern for a meal and perhaps a room or two to get a good days rest and to try and locate these adventurers they have heard about. When a local halfling (that is not the owner) bursts into the tavern announcing "They're back! The ones that rescued me and Alaric from the orcs they've returned!" then he rushes out back into the town and is seen talking to a group of six, a male dwarf, a male human, a male high elf, a female dark elf, a male elf and a female elf. From the looks of them they are a mix of priests, warriors, and a lone rogue. Therick and Trist head out following the halfling and decide to greet and meet the adventurers.

The rest of the group after hearing what the halfling says to them notices two elves looking their direction.

Actions?

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by tarlyn »

Delsenora

The Dark Elf is rather embarassed by the halflings outburst. She looks over at the two elves and smiles. She will nod

then turns her attention to her two animal companions, giant ferrets. If any of the two newcomers pay any attention to her,

they will spy a holy symbol hanging from a chain around her neck. A silver long sword against a silvery moon.

with silvery filaments(Eilistraee's hair) around all in a nimbus.
Attachments
Eilisatraee Symbol.JPG
Eilisatraee Symbol.JPG (18.66 KiB) Viewed 4973 times
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

Return to “Archive”