Chapter 4: Wizard's Basement

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 4: Wizard's Basement

#541 Post by shaidar »

Weston

"Then let us take it and check it later. I think we have everything we came for down here, yes?"

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#542 Post by alver »

Urtesi

"We could take just the plate mail. Or, if you don't mind camping and resting here, I could pray to divine if any of these are magical. They were hidden away rather well, so who knows."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#543 Post by Rex »

Egon

"We can just take everything." Egon will search the room for hidden compartments/doors etc.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#544 Post by GreyWolfVT »

nothing more is found.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#545 Post by Rex »

Egon

"OK, lets examine the armor and see if we can figure out what is most valuable." Egon examines it all carefully to see if he can tell what is nicest.

GreyWolfVT

#546 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Egon has his eye of the dwarf sized armor telling it is excellent dwarf craftsmanship. He feels a racial favor of it even if he cannot use it and his quick handed skills at the same time. His warrior side tells him it would be useful. (yup this is the DM just playing to a dwarf's inner thoughts.)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#547 Post by Rex »

Egon

"The Dwarven plate looks best, I will carry that."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#548 Post by shaidar »

Weston

"Unfortunately I am out of spells so cannot ask Azuth's favour to change a spell. If we cannot carry it all then I logic dictates we leave some of the shields behind"

GreyWolfVT

#549 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Summary Wizard's Basement

The group finally done searching the entirety of the wizard's basement comes up with prisoners and loot as well as everything the host has asked for. You all climb the ladder and emerge through a secret trap door in the butler's pantry. Kaerin is present with several chain mail-clad fighters, and a tall, imposing, man in his 60's who has gray-white hair and pale blue eyes. Kaerin introduces him as Baron Sherlane. You all immediately note that Kaerin now has two arms and is wearing plate mail. There is blood on the floor, and in the room beyond two men are carrying a coffin out. Kaerin looks grim and tells the you that the bandits you have just faced were almost certainly let in by the butler, since he has now disappeared. Kaerin has no idea what they were up to. They did, however, quietly kill three of his servants. "I am glad that you captured them now they will face justice for their crimes." Kaerin will want to know exactly who they are and what they have been doing. He will not allow any of the thieves to get away with what they have done. He sends one of the chain mail fighters go fetch the constable.

Kaerin is delighted by the sword and tiara. "I am glad you were so successful in locating both items I asked you to locate." He pays the you the agreed reward in platinum pieces. He then excuses himself, saying "I'm sorry but I have to attend to the house there are my deceased staff I need to see tended to properly." Baron Sherlane gives him a nod at this point. "Let's get you folks cleaned up a bit, is anyone injured?" the Baron asks.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#550 Post by Rex »

Egon

"Your welcome." Egon makes sure the prisoners are taken care of. "Lets get some food and rest."

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#551 Post by alver »

Urtesi gives up the sword with some hesitation. But there is no evidence that Kaerin is lying about anything. There was no sign of the beetle he supposedly fought in the basement, but then he could have had it thrown out. A very high level priest can fix the arm. And certainly the butler could have been a bad guy and the people in underpants his hired assassins.

Tired from the long basement dive, he says "I am just glad to be out of there," and joins with the rest of the party.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#552 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

Trist says,”I can cast detect magic on all the stuff once I rest and swap a spell.”
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#553 Post by Rex »

Egon

"Excellent, you get what rest you need Trist and I will haul stuff to one location for you to check later."

RiverGreenForest
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#554 Post by RiverGreenForest »

Xlore

The High Elf looks around from the rest of his companions to Kaerin and his party. Xlore let out a sigh of relief and felt like he could relax a little. Looking at his companions the elf asks "So what shall we do now? It seems our task is complete."

GreyWolfVT

#555 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Baron Sherlane speaks up "Well I may have something else for you, but I must ask did you find any books down there? I was hoping the late Kavorquian's journal was down there. By chance did you find anything like that?" the baron inquires.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#556 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

Trist takes time to meditate and swap a spell to get detect magic memorized so she can cast it on all their loot.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#557 Post by Rex »

Did we find his journal?

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#558 Post by PyroArrow »

Therick Ulrazor: Sylvan Elf - Magic-User - Evoker - AC 10 - Hit Points: 8 / 8

Therick says, "There were several books in the basement. Perhaps one of them is the one you seek."
Before we do anything else I need to memorize my spells and rest.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

RiverGreenForest
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#559 Post by RiverGreenForest »

Xlore

"Let's rest for now and go back to the basement to search for the books. I don't think there would be any problems when we return." said Xlore

GreyWolfVT

#560 Post by GreyWolfVT »

that is an apt assumption, being that all guardians were defeated below

Return to “Archive”