Prelude: A Night at the Depot [All]

ybn1197
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

Re: Prelude: A Night at the Depot [All]

#41 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

"Why don't you be a man, asshole!" Julia exclaims loudly while banging on the door of the stall. In disgust, she violently opens the men's room door and exits back into the club. Sure it was hypocritical, but she was frustrated and angry and he was a convenient target.

"This place is a fucking fire hazard," she mutters to herself. She affects the drunken party girl roll again and tries to head to the kitchen. There has to be a back door there.

If Julia is stopped by someone not already distracted, she will first try to bluff her way past and if that doesn't work, she will knee him in the groin (or just sucker punch them if it is a woman) and try to dart out the back. Let me know what roll(s) to make: Stealth to sneak past someone who is distracted, some kind of bluff to talk her way past and/or a combat roll and modifiers if any (surprise bonus? called shot penalty?)

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#42 Post by Lance »

ybn1197 wrote:Back of the Club

That time it seems Odin has the man's attention as he drops the roadie to the ground. "You have quickly gained my attention which I hope was your intent." He smiles, long canine teeth (obviously fake, right?) showing with a tinge of red. With what seems to be one step, the man has crossed the two or three steps between you and is immediately in your face. Like a cat playing with a mouse, you stares you in the eyes. "Was there something you wanted to say to me?"
"You broke my favourite guitar with your face" Odin says in a hushed tone "so fuck you" and with that he knees him in the groin.

Knee to groin (DEX + brawl): 4d10 7, 7, 9, 10

4 successes, 3 goes to damage
Knee damage (STR + 3): 5d10 7, 7, 10, 10, 7
5 DAMAGE! READ 'EM AND WEEP!

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David Moreau "The Moor"

David looks at the crazed man at the door and inwardly sighs. No body armor on, from the look of it. Still... "Sorry about this Sister. I'll be sure to make confession this week."

He lines up the man and fires twice at his chest.

Let's see if I can do this correctly:
Splitting 6 dice (dex+firearms) into 2 groups of 3.

1st shot: 3d10t6: 2 [3d10t6=6, 6, 3]
2 successes, add 1 to damage
1st damage: 5d10t6: 1 [5d10t6=8, 1, 4, 4, 5]
A lousy 1 damage...or does the 1 cancel the 8?

2nd shot: 3d10t6: 1 [3d10t6=2, 1, 8]
And nope. I blame the nun.
:lol:

strawberrey
Strider
Strider

#44 Post by strawberrey »

Channing

Channing goes into alley cat mode. Her arms lock down around the base leg of the table bolted to the ground, already anticipating the asshole trying to pull her out from under her hiding spot, and she just starting kicking with her free leg. Anything to get free. Anything to get this guy away from her. "Get off me!" she shrieked, loud and high pitched and as violent as she can make it sound.

Kicking [1d10] = 10 [1d10] = 7 [1d10] = 7 [1d10] = 2

Damage [1d10] = 1 [1d10] = 8 [1d10] = 8 [1d10] = 3

I wasn't sure if the fact that one of her legs is being held would change how I rolled... so if it does, let me know, and I will fix!

schmer
Strider
Strider

#45 Post by schmer »

shaidar wrote:Leo heads over towards Laurel, and takes her by the arm and tries to lead her over to the lady

"C'mon Laurel, the lady wants to meet you"
Laurel

Tray in hand still, Laurel's green eyes land on her cousin as she moves reflexively - to jerk her arm out of his hold. She doesn't understand why he's just doing what this strange woman is telling him to do, but no matter how much bigger he is than her she's not going to just go with it. She doesn't do anything with the tray yet - too afraid, and hesitant, to actually do anything that might hurt him.

"Leo, what the hell? What's wrong with you?" She pins him with keen eyes, everything happening so quickly, and her voice grating in her throat from yelling over everything going on. "Why are you listening to her?"

I went ahead and rolled to break grapple, if not needed just ignores but she ain't just going quietly, I wasn't sure though and thought I'd be proactive (that's strength + brawl lol):

[1d10] = 3

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by ybn1197 »

Front of the Club

William:
As you've guessed, you are being drained. It will take 4 turns to complete unless someone interferes. This is round #1, -3 blood points.
schmer wrote:
shaidar wrote:Leo heads over towards Laurel, and takes her by the arm and tries to lead her over to the lady

"C'mon Laurel, the lady wants to meet you"
Laurel

Tray in hand still, Laurel's green eyes land on her cousin as she moves reflexively - to jerk her arm out of his hold. She doesn't understand why he's just doing what this strange woman is telling him to do, but no matter how much bigger he is than her she's not going to just go with it. She doesn't do anything with the tray yet - too afraid, and hesitant, to actually do anything that might hurt him.

"Leo, what the hell? What's wrong with you?" She pins him with keen eyes, everything happening so quickly, and her voice grating in her throat from yelling over everything going on. "Why are you listening to her?"

I went ahead and rolled to break grapple, if not needed just ignores but she ain't just going quietly, I wasn't sure though and thought I'd be proactive (that's strength + brawl lol):

[1d10] = 3
Need a STR+Brawl role from Leo as Laurel is resisting. (I already have Laurel's test.)

Channing kicks her assailant in the knee, and while she was expecting the man to buckle from the hard hit, he acts like nothing has happened.
1 damage vs. Soak: [1d10] = 2 [1d10] = 8 [1d10] = 4 Soaked
"While the whole... cat and mouse thing is funny, it is greatly wearing on my time. The priest is not one to 'dilly-dally' as you yanks are fond of saying." With that, he attempts to yank Channing out from under the table, however her hold is far too tight on the leg. He only manages to pull her boot loose and fall backward in the act.
Test of Strength: [1d10] = 3 [1d10] = 1 [1d10] = 4 [1d10] = 4 Botched!

David lines up and fires two shots at the man guarding the door. The first bullet hits the man in the shoulder, throwing his arm back from the impact of the slug. Had the not hit him in the shoulder, the second slug would have hit him as well but as it is, it just misses. He looks down at the wound and cracks a smile. "You're going to die for that, my man."
Soak: [1d10] = 3 [1d10] = 2
Before you can blink, he has crossed the distance between you and him and is right in your face, a large knife protruding from your side. "Whooo-wee it is a good night, tonight!" He laughs.
Attack: [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 4 [1d10] = 6 [1d10] = 4 2 successes

Back of the Club
Gremlin wrote:If Julia is stopped by someone not already distracted, she will first try to bluff her way past and if that doesn't work, she will knee him in the groin (or just sucker punch them if it is a woman) and try to dart out the back. Let me know what roll(s) to make: Stealth to sneak past someone who is distracted, some kind of bluff to talk her way past and/or a combat roll and modifiers if any (surprise bonus? called shot penalty?)
Give me a stealth check as there is still plenty of chaos in the middle of the club for you to sneak into.

Odin learns forward to tell the man "You broke my favourite guitar with your face so fuck you!" before kneeing him in the groin. The man bends back slightly but you think it should have hurt far worse than he is showing. (It didn't feel like he was wearing a cup.)
Soak: [1d10] = 1 [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 7 Soak 1 taking 2 bashing damage.
"You're very good on the strings but you fight like a child," he says back to you before throwing a number of punches.
Punch #1: 7d10t6 3 [7d10t6=6, 5, 3, 7, 3, 1, 10] make it 2 successes
Damage Punch #1: 3d10t6 0 [3d10t6=4, 3, 2]
Punch #2: 7d10t6 4 [7d10t6=7, 7, 7, 1, 2, 9, 4] make it 3 successes
Damage Punch #2: 4d10t6 1 [4d10t6=9, 2, 1, 3] make it 0 successes
Punch #3: 7d10t6 4 [7d10t6=6, 7, 2, 7, 2, 5, 8]
Damage Punch #3: 4d10t6 2 [4d10t6=9, 5, 6, 5]
Soak 2 damage. You came out of that a lot better than you could have.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by shaidar »

Leo

"Come on Laurel, the lady justs want to meet you"

8d10: 47 [8d10=7, 3, 2, 6, 10, 9, 2, 8]

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#48 Post by Gremlin »

Give me a stealth check as there is still plenty of chaos in the middle of the club for you to sneak into.
I assume the Stealth roll is Dex+Stealth, target number 6? Rolling that:

5d10t6: 3 [5d10t6=7, 9, 2, 1, 6]

I think that's actually 2 successes, not three.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by ybn1197 »

Leo & Laurel
schmer wrote:I went ahead and rolled to break grapple, if not needed just ignores but she ain't just going quietly, I wasn't sure though and thought I'd be proactive (that's strength + brawl lol):

[1d10] = 3
Leo scores 5 successes to your 0 successes. He has a hold on you and is trying to pull you towards this woman.
Julia
Gremlin wrote:I assume the Stealth roll is Dex+Stealth, target number 6? Rolling that:

5d10t6: 3 [5d10t6=7, 9, 2, 1, 6]

I think that's actually 2 successes, not three.
You are correct, however I should have told you given the commotion in the club, your DIFF is 4. It doesn't affect your number of successes though, you still scored 2 successes after the 1 cancels the 6.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#50 Post by Lance »

Odin deflects a fist with his guitar before dropping it and dodging the other two while backing away. He then unceremoniously turns tail and runs back into the club. Maybe the commotion inside will help him get away and find another exit. These people are no pushovers, he thinks. Whatever they're smoking makes them impervious to pain or something.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

"What the fuck!?" He barely starts speaking as the knife plunges into his side. "Punk ass bitch! I'm done playing now!"

He raises the gun to the bastard's head and pulls the trigger.

Point blank shot targeted at head: 6d10t8: 1 [6d10t8=7, 8, 1, 1, 5, 7]

IF the difficulty is 6 instead of 8, point blank shot? Damage: 5d10t6: 3 [5d10t6=10, 6, 1, 3, 9]

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by ybn1197 »

Lance wrote:Odin deflects a fist with his guitar before dropping it and dodging the other two while backing away. He then unceremoniously turns tail and runs back into the club. Maybe the commotion inside will help him get away and find another exit. These people are no pushovers, he thinks. Whatever they're smoking makes them impervious to pain or something.
Need you to soak 2 bashing damage from that last punch.

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#53 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

Lucky for Julia, there are two men scuffling in the back area which provides a great distraction for her to slip into the kitchen unnoticed. One of the men is the bass player from the band. She hesitates a moment, the thought of helping the older dude crossing her mind, but she has to dismiss it. She has no weapon and joining the melee would just eliminate her chance to escape.

Moving swiftly through the kitchen, Julia ignores any back of house staff still around. She grabs the largest knife she can along the way as she makes a bee-line to the back door.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#54 Post by Lance »

ybn1197 wrote:Need you to soak 2 bashing damage from that last punch.
Does that mean my health goes to (hurt -1)?

strawberrey
Strider
Strider

#55 Post by strawberrey »

Channing

Any other situation, any other day, Channing would have been doubled over laughing at the jackwad falling on his ass after trying to assault her. But not today. Her side still throbbed from where she hit the ground after being tossed, and she could hear intermittent screaming and what sounded like gunfire going on. Right now, the only thought in her mind was Run. She rolled out from under the table even as the frugal side of her screamed in agony at the idea of leaving her boot behind. Those were Louis Vuitton knockoffs, asshole!

She scrambled to her feet and took off running toward the back of the club, trying to head straight for the employee exit. Any people she passed, as selfish as it may be, she made sure to put between her and her attacker - maybe he would change his focus to someone else. Anybody but her.

schmer
Strider
Strider

#56 Post by schmer »

shaidar wrote:Leo

"Come on Laurel, the lady justs want to meet you"
Laurel

"Leo, no - what are you doing? What's wrong with you?" Laurel can't quite help but feel so thrown by what is happening right now. This isn't like her cousin. He was literally just ready to get out of here, to fight their way out of here. And now he's trying to drag her over to some woman that she's positive she doesn't know, and she doesn't seem like someone that her cousin would run around with either, at least in her option. "What's wrong with you?"

Laurel spits the words out, a little bit scared at what has been done, what happened to turn her cousin from the trajectory that he was on to the one that he's currently on. She can feel the tray in her hand. She has a weapon, even if it's not exactly something she wants to use against her cousin, whom she cares about. He's bigger than her, stronger than her, and she's not sure if she can get her arm out of his grip. Her mind is awhirl, going so quickly that she can't help but jump from one thought to the next fearfully.

What is the best thing to do here? She doesn't have that much time to make her mind up.

"Let me go now." And even though she had the thought to warn him what she'll do Laurel doesn't. She knows that if it came to fighting over the tray with both of them pulling at it he would win that hands down. So instead she's got to go for the element of surprise and use her brain. And that's why she uses the tray in her other hand and pulls back to whack him with it to see if she can make him let go of her.

Dex + Melee to hit with tray (I assumed the tray was a weapon, but if you want me to roll any differently or anything let me know!)
[1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 3

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by ybn1197 »

Lance wrote:
ybn1197 wrote:Need you to soak 2 bashing damage from that last punch.
Does that mean my health goes to (hurt -1)?
Only if you fail to soak the damage. As this is bashing damage, mortals are able to soak. Roll Stamina Diff 6. Every success removes 1 level of bashing damage.

========================================================================

Odin Wilder Soak 2 levels of Bashing
William Wildes Incapacitated
Leo Harper Dominated
David Moreau Hurt -1
Julia Sandoval
Channing Masaki
Laurel Harper
Last edited by ybn1197 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by ybn1197 »

David:
ybn1197 wrote:... Before you can blink, he has crossed the distance between you and him and is right in your face, a large knife protruding from your side. "Whooo-wee it is a good night, tonight!" He laughs.
Attack: [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 4 [1d10] = 6 [1d10] = 4 2 successes
I messed up the attack. I missed 1 dot of his attack for Melee and I didn't roll damage. I'm going to forgo the extra die for attack, that was my fault, but the damage is:
Knife Damage: 5d10t6 2

Code: Select all

5d10t6: 2 [5d10t6=3, 10, 5, 7, 5]
2 levels of lethal taking you to Hurt -1. I'm not going to alter your attack as that was my screw-up but it will affect everything moving forward.
Monsieur Rose wrote:Point blank shot targeted at head: 6d10t8: 1 [6d10t8=7, 8, 1, 1, 5, 7]

IF the difficulty is 6 instead of 8, point blank shot? Damage: 5d10t6: 3 [5d10t6=10, 6, 1, 3, 9]
The correct DIFF is 6; 4 for Point Blank, +2 DIFF for targeting small object. Unfortunately you still have 1 success. Your two 1's cancel out the 8 and 7. On the damage, you get 2 lethal for him to soak.

Soak: [1d10] = 9 [1d10] = 7

David is unable to believe his eyes as he watches the bullet impact with the man's jaw bone. At that range, there was no way to miss. He can even see the entry wound but the man is completely un-phased by the trauma inflicted upon him. But the man's eyes turn near feral as he twists the knife still stuck in David's side.
Attack: [1d10] = 6 [1d10] = 2 [1d10] = 7 [1d10] = 9
3 success; 2 transfer to damage.
Knife Damage: 6d10t6 3

Code: Select all

6d10t6: 3 [6d10t6=7, 2, 10, 3, 4, 7]
You take 3 lethal damage, you are Mauled -2.

Leo Harper Dominated
David Moreau Mauled -2
Julia Sandoval
Channing Masaki
Laurel Harper

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by ybn1197 »

Julia makes her way through the kitchen, but is forced to move slowly due to the steam that is coming off the grills. With the cooks having fled presumably, the food on the grill is burning and sending plenty of steam and smoke into the air. She finds a a nice sized knife and looks for the EXIT sign which is supposed to be placed in a convenient to see location. Moving about, you feel something come into contact with your foot.

Leo Harper Dominated
David Moreau Mauled -2
Julia Sandoval
Channing Masaki
Laurel Harper
Last edited by ybn1197 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by ybn1197 »

Channing realizes as she heads to the back employee exit the door out is blocked by the band as they are fighting it out with more of these gang members. The next best exit is through the kitchen. She ducks through the doors into the kitchen and is stunned by the amount of smoke and steam in the air before she realizes the food on the grill is burning since no one stuck around to tend to it. Making her way to the exit, she hears the sound of something heavy being scrapped across a table.

Leo Harper Dominated
David Moreau Mauled -2
Julia Sandoval
Channing Masaki
Laurel Harper

Return to “Baltimore by Night (Vampire: The Masquerade (V20))”