Spell & Tactical Planning Discussions

GreyWolfVT
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Chapter 3: Taverns and New Adventures

#21 Post by tarlyn »

I'll check today for any other 1st or 2nd level spells and mention them here just in case .. spells not in the Tome or PHB we do not always think of.
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Spell & Tactical Planning Discussions

#22 Post by tarlyn »

I found :

1st level : Blessed Watchfulness. May come in handy but putting it up here.

Spells & Magic a Guardian Sphere spell
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by shaidar »

OOC, just to make things quicker:

Weston doesn't have Find Traps, he's not quite 3rd level yet. I'm thinking he should take CLWx2, detect magic and prot from evil.

With detect magic the mage(s) might not have it, so we can't really decide until we know that.

prot evil is also good for hedging out conjured, summoned and enchanted creatures.

Also of note is that we have the staff for extra healing, plus Weston has a potion of healing and one of extra-healing. He also has scrolls of comprehend languages (2), Hold Portal (1) and Knock (1).
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#24 Post by tarlyn »

shaidar wrote:OOC, just to make things quicker:

Weston doesn't have Find Traps, he's not quite 3rd level yet. I'm thinking he should take CLWx2, detect magic and prot from evil.

With detect magic the mage(s) might not have it, so we can't really decide until we know that.

prot evil is also good for hedging out conjured, summoned and enchanted creatures.

Also of note is that we have the staff for extra healing, plus Weston has a potion of healing and one of extra-healing. He also has scrolls of comprehend languages (2), Hold Portal (1) and Knock (1).
Oh yeah,,

I keep forgetting its really a 1st level spell because In my 2nd edition group, my D&D "addended" 2nd with a bit of 3rd so now Detect Magic is an orison, a "0" level spell so any mage can have it.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#25 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Plus now Kaerin offered a second healing staff same as the one you found already.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by shaidar »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Plus now Kaerin offered a second healing staff same as the one you found already.
Good point, thanks. We have a bunch of backup healing so we shouldn't be scared of filling up with protection/detection spells. If we do it right we won't need the healing.
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by tarlyn »

shaidar wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:Plus now Kaerin offered a second healing staff same as the one you found already.
Good point, thanks. We have a bunch of backup healing so we shouldn't be scared of filling up with protection/detection spells. If we do it right we won't need the healing.

That is great but we should save the staffs for spells we can not cast just in case.
alver
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by alver »

shaidar wrote:OOC, just to make things quicker:

Urtesi will be prepared to cast 2x Find Traps then. Note that he doesn't need to pray for spells in advance.

He can also cast Detect magic. Otherwise, Urtesi has very limited access to spheres, for example no prot. from evil. I will leave the other spells in reserve, but most likely will need to use CLW anyway :)
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#29 Post by tarlyn »

Del can cast a 4 level 1's and 3 level 2's.

She can cast Protn from Evil, Find Traps and some cures.
alver
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by alver »

It seems we're done planning here. I'm ready to head to the basement, as soon as the night is over.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Rex »

I am ready as well.
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#32 Post by tarlyn »

Ready to head out in the morning too unless there is an encounter outside during the night.
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Dram »

Ready to head out also.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by gurusql »

Ambush Plan

Being the newbie this is what I understood the group was saying

The group was attempting to flank the ambush to the "South". The goal is to lead with the main party trying to get close enough for HTH with the few that are to the South. The Thieves would further south than the main force attempting to swing around and surprise reinforcements coming from the North. Delsenora is going to be using her Darkness ability to cut the forces in two and then in the second round she will be using Entangle on the same are as the darkness to catch anyone in that area. Weston is going to use his Hold Person on up to three in the Southern Area and Therick will be the sniper and take out (or at least soften up) ones that are hard to get to in the Southern Area.
GreyWolfVT

#35 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Thanks you laid it out rather nicely. I can work on posting an update/combat start maybe tomorrow. If not then over the weekend.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by PyroArrow »

Sounds like a good plan to me!
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Rex »

Yup
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by gurusql »

Welcome back GreyWolfVT, I hope the RL stuff is coming together!
GreyWolfVT

#39 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hasn't come together yet. Still can't find a place to move to and only have until the end of Nov to get out and find a place we can afford, that doesn't have us looking for new jobs as well.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by gurusql »

Sorry to hear that, and of course good luck on the search! When you have a few minutes for this craziness
gurusql wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:58 pm Ambush Plan

The group was attempting to flank the ambush to the "South". The goal is to lead with the main party trying to get close enough for HTH with the few that are to the South. The Thieves would further south than the main force attempting to swing around and surprise reinforcements coming from the North. Delsenora is going to be using her Darkness ability to cut the forces in two and then in the second round she will be using Entangle on the same are as the darkness to catch anyone in that area. Weston is going to use his Hold Person on up to three in the Southern Area and Therick will be the sniper and take out (or at least soften up) ones that are hard to get to in the Southern Area.
Questions on what is next

The intention was for the main party (this was meant to be everyone but the thieves) to be flanking (not going into the heart of the ambush) the ambush to the south (which should have been closer to the lower group) and then the Thieves (just the two of them) would be even further south. Given that I was not clear and we are where we are - What is the time in the combat? What spells have been cast, etc

Return to “GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures (2e)”