Session 2: Return to the Citadel

DM: Dave
Shaede
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Session 2: Return to the Citadel

#301 Post by Shaede »

Hargrem

The grizzled cleric watched as the wyrmling retreated into the corner. It seemed that its breath had been exhausted for the time being, so the man charged the dragon-spawn. He raised his shield and yelled, Tymora, bring down the pain! and a radiant light drops down upon the thing.
Cast Sacred Flame (Dex DC13 Save): [1d8] = 7

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#302 Post by dmw71 »

Initiative Order
  • 16: Klilxuac
  • 15: Calcryx
  • 12: Kelben, Meepo
  • 7: Hargrem, Erky
  • 5: Sky
---

Round 3
Klilxuac snarls something back at the dragon, in the dragon tongue, then focuses his energy before launching three purple darts of energy at Calcryx. The white dragon snarls in pain with each consecutive strike, before ultimately seeming to succumb to the damage inflicted as the last dart pierces its scaly exterior.

The baby dragon lies bloodied and motionless on the floor.

Kelben and Hargrem, standing right next to the fallen wyrmling, are able to confirm that its chest no longer rises and falls. It has, in fact, been killed.
Dragon Down.jpg
Dragon Down.jpg (65.06 KiB) Viewed 2003 times
A quick search of the room reveals that the the now deceased white dragon had scoured the room and gathered all items of worth into a nest she made behind the table in the northwest corner. In the dragon's treasure pile, the group discovers a dragon-shaped, jade figurine; a crystal goblet; twenty-four pieces of fine silverware; and a sealed scroll case, carved of bone, with a runes carved into its side, but written in a language none of you are able to translate.

---

Very nicely done -- congratulations!

We're using the milestone advancement method, and this was your second! Everyone is now level three, which is a pretty big advancement.
:)

Please level up in your character sheet, and, if you have any questions, feel free to ask in the OOC thread.

---

Date: 13 Flamerule 1489
Time: 16:20 (Sunrise: 05:54, Sunset: 20:09)
Temp: 56°F
Conditions: Cool.
Light Sources:
  • Klilxuac: 'Light' spell (purple; 20' radius + 20' dim) on small pebble (Extinguished: 13 Flamerule @ 17:04)
Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
  • Klilxuac: 'Light' spell (Cantrip) (Detailed in 'Light Sources' section, above.) (Detailed in 'Light Sources' section, above.)
  • Klilxuac: 'Mage Armor' spell (1st-level) (Ends: 13 Flamerule @ 21:33)
Character Status
  • GreyWolfVT | Kelben | Rock Gnome | Rogue ( 2) | NG | HD (1d8): 2 | HP: 17-4 = 13 | AC: 13 | SP: 25' | Initiative: +2 | Perception: 11 | Darkvision: Yes | Inspiration: Yes ---
  • Monsieur Rose | Sky | Tabaxi | Bard (2) | CN | HD (1d8): 2 | HP: 15 | AC: 14 | SP: 30' | Initiative: +3 | Perception: 13 | Darkvision: Yes | Inspiration: Yes ---
  • Scott308 | Klilxuac | Dragonborn (Red) | Sorcerer (2) | CG | HD (1d6): 2, 1 | HP: 14-5 = 9-4 = 5-4 = 1+6 = 7+4 = 11-11 = 0+5 = 5 | AC: (15) 12 | SP: 30' | Initiative: +2 | Perception: 12 | Darkvision: No | Inspiration: Yes
    • Languages: Common, Draconic, Elvish, Abyssal
      Spell Slots: 0: 4, 1st: 3, 2, 1, 0
      Breath Weapon: 1, 0 (DC: 11 | Damage 2d6; save for half) (Rest: Short or Long)
      Features:
    ---
  • Shaede | Hargrem | Human (Variant) | Cleric (2) | NG | HD (1d8): 2, 1 | HP: 17-11 = 6+5 = 11 | AC: 17 | SP: 30' | Initiative: +1 | Perception: 15 | Darkvision: No | Inspiration: Yes
---

Marching Orders
Scout
  • Kelben
5-foot
  • Hargrem
    Kelben
    Sky
    Klilxuac
    Erky
10-foot
  • Kelben | Hargrem
    Erky
    Klilxuac | Sky
Rolls
  • None
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#303 Post by Scott308 »

Qelgrax Klilxuac

She said we would pay. I pointed out that she brought this upon herself. We only wanted to talk, the sorcerer translates after the fact.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#304 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Sky

As the wyrmling falls, Sky walks over and examines the body for a moment. She then climbs on the back of the dead creature and sits as if riding it. "Too soon? I've always wanted to do that. A pity, really." She dismounts and wanders over to inspect the dragon's hoard. "My first Dragon Hoard!" She exclaims as she sorts through the pile. "Hmm. Not too impressive. Maybe we should have let him have more time to amass his hoard."

Sky picks up the dragon figurine, content to have it as a memento of the event.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#305 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kelben "A pity and now we lost our only bargaining chip we had with the kobolds as well. Guess dragons are more stubborn than I thought. That or the kobolds weren't treating the creature like the goblins were." the gnome says then ends with a shoulder shrug.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Scott308

#306 Post by Scott308 »

Qelgrax Klilxuac

The problem, Sky, with that logic is that the bigger a dragon gets, it becomes much harder to kill. Even being a little bigger, this one might have been able to kill us. It did get poor Meepo, remember. No, dragons are best left alone as they get bigger, otherwise you'll end up contributing to the dragon horde. How did you think they manage to acquire all that coin and the magic items in the first place?

I would assume, Kelben, that the goblins did indeed treat her better. They chained her, allowing her limited room to move around, while the kobolds kept her in a cage. I can't speak to care and treatment beyond that, but the goblins did at the very least allow her a bit of freedom of movement.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

GreyWolfVT

#307 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kelben "I fear however either way we have just ended our pact with the kobolds. Odd that they would confine the creature they appeared to worship to a cage. I don't think the goblins looked at the young dragon the same way almost felt like they had her chained up like a guard dog or some such beast would be treated by goblins or orcs."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Scott308

#308 Post by Scott308 »

Qelgrax Klilxuac

Let's gather up anything that looks valuable. When we are able to get a long rest, I can prepare Detect Magic and see if any of this is more than it seems. He picks up the scroll case and opens it, trying to determine what it may contain.

Shaede
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#309 Post by Shaede »

Hargrem

He turned to the dragonborne and nodded. Yes, I need to rest my weary feet. 'Tis been too long since I've done this kind of work, and I may not be accustomed to crawling around ruins as I used to be. That room just outside of here seems like as good a place as any, if you don'd mind the smell too much.

Hargrem gathered up his belongings and made his way out the door back into the hallway they came from. As he walked by the fallen Meepo, he shook is head. He bent down and whispered in his ear. Today was not your lucky day, friend.

GreyWolfVT

#310 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kelben eagerly helps gather items that look of import or value from the dragons hoard almost as if showing how well he was restraining from doing so immediately after the dragon was slain.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#311 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Sky

Sky takes note of Kelbens restraint, looks down at the figurine in her hands, reflects on her own actions, and shrugs. "So...anyone mind me taking a trophy? Say...I don't know...part of the dragon?" She looks at Kliluac carefully as she says this.

Sky wrinkles her nose at staying in the smelly goblin room but agrees to the plan. "Give me a few minutes to get someone to clean it up first." She sits, on the dragon, and starts whistling a little tune.
Sky is going to ritual cast Unseen Servant to clean up the room.

GreyWolfVT

#312 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kelben gives Sky a strange look then goes back to his "looting" "Why would anyone want part of a creature as a trophy?" he wonders out loud.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#313 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Sky

"Ohh, my people have a long history of saving trophies of creatures they have hunted or killed. We usually save them for later or present them to others as a gift. Preferably depositing the gift at the feet or on the bed of the intended recipient."

Scott308

#314 Post by Scott308 »

Qelgrax Klilxuac

Many people collect parts from dragons to use in alchemical or magic creations. I have no issues with you taking parts from the dragon, Sky. My people have no love for the beasts, despite our heritage. In fact, there are many who hate them so much they dedicate their life to hunting them.

GreyWolfVT

#315 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kelben looks a bit disgusted but shakes his head then replies "I've no desire to take any part of any creature or being as a trophy. If I want a trophy I'll take something shiny of value off whatever i defeat or from it's treasures."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#316 Post by dmw71 »

-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)