Witty Banter "OOC" stuff

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Witty Banter "OOC" stuff

#381 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Are we playing with psionics? If so, Madadam will not throw any more into the air!

That was a fine rolling GW. I don't remember where I read it. Probably a 5th Ed thing, since that is most ubiquitous online. Honestly, I hadn't ever even heard of ioun stones before this, and seeing there are rules for 1ed is amazing to me!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#382 Post by Rex »

The idea came from The Hobbit or LOTR I think. They are the stones floating around Elrond's head, I am not sure where the name came from since I don't think Tolkien ever named them, but could easily be wrong.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#383 Post by GreyWolfVT »

No intent to use psionics in the game to be up front I don't much care for them other than the couple of drow that were in the forgotten realms books I've read I don't readily know how to even deal with psionics in game. But don't worry the others do actually have magic in them. ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#384 Post by PyroArrow »

The most basic thing is, say the Psionic user has 128 points, he/she deducts from that points pool as he/she uses various skills, like Cell Adjustment cost the number of hit points you need to heal so say 28 hit points for your fighter, so then the psionic user take 28 points off the 128.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#385 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I've never used psionics before. Not all that interested, really, but since this game is so experimental, I thought I'd give it a go if it was a thing. I'm relieved it isn't. If that changes, someone else can have a go at it. :)

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#386 Post by PyroArrow »

I had recently let a player in my Roll20 game bring in a Healer / Psionicist, (See Dragon Magazines #3 and #78). This actually has more information on the Healer, appearing to be the full article not edited down: http://www.bobsenk.com/rpg/rules/chclass/healer.html

Since I have never used psionics before, (outside of Mind Flyer capabilities), I wanted to learn and see how it all goes, also since it was used in at least one book I read so far in Burrough's Barsoom series, by this creature that is mostly a head with spider legs that attaches to a creature without a head.

In the case of the above mentioned character, the player has been mainly using the psionics to heal. It looks like it will be similar to a 5th edition life battle cleric in terms of power capabilities coming across as a superhero, if he were to use his powers all out especially.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#387 Post by shaidar »

the psionicist class from dragon #78 works quite well.

a bit limited at lower levels but things get interesting after a few levels. Some major powers such as teleport can be a little overpowered as you get it at lower levels than a mu would.

cell adjustment is definitely a power to take as early as possible, as is body weaponry.

GreyWolfVT

#388 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well the ioun stones in this event/game are meant to be like a magical gem they contain magic powers but will not fly around your head however you could have cast light or continual light on the dead ones for light source but again your goblins so hard to say how you would play that one out.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#389 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

The idea of adding more healing is always nice, but I guess we just need to play smart to stay alive.

@GW: I am enjoying this game. Playing a goblin is very different, challenging, and rewarding. But if you need to cut a game, I understand if it's this one. I'd miss it, but since I'm going to be trying to start DM'ing in Marullus's sandbox, my time will be tighter, anyhow. A bit more free time (and free space in my brain) wouldn't be a bad thing.

GreyWolfVT

#390 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I haven't really been paying attention to what is going on in Marullus's games other than the two places my characters are in. So that's what is going on? He's getting some of us to DM parts of the game now? Ug... alright well i guess that explains that game.

I don't want to close the game up but I will if that is the consensus of the group.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#391 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Yeah. Inthis post he mentioned he's changing jobs and won't have time to continue, so rather than shutting the game down, he opened it to sub GMs for different regions of the map. Mine is in the west.

Having never GM'd before, I'm pretty nervous. He sets the bar high.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#392 Post by Rex »

My vote is to keep going, even if it means a slower pace.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#393 Post by shaidar »

I'm happy to keep going

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#394 Post by Dram »

I am happy to keep going.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#395 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright so now that you got the elusive chest open are you going to just rest in tower 1?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#396 Post by shaidar »

Upchuck cast Detect Magic on the contents of the chest.

GreyWolfVT

#397 Post by GreyWolfVT »

shaidar wrote:Upchuck cast Detect Magic on the contents of the chest.
I'll resolve this then in IC :)

GreyWolfVT

#398 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Chris: Razke is making me laugh he reminds me of that episode of Futurama with Gary Gygax, Al Gore, Steve Hawking, & Nichelle Nichols.

GreyWolfVT

#399 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'll see about updating the game i just have some normal weekend chores to plow through first.

GreyWolfVT

#400 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sorry if i came off as rude in my reply Rusty & Everyone I was not trying to be just figured I put that out there. I suspect some of the current HP totals on the PC's is not correct but some are for sure accurate and props to everyone that is keeping on top of the HP for their characters I appreciate that. Those of you that are not I shall send the GoT shame lady to follow you for a time. ;)

Return to “The Reverse Dungeon (AD&D 2e)”