Part 1: Welcome to Thyatis

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Part 1: Welcome to Thyatis

#41 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote:Brother Canis "So tell me about how the good folks in this strange city worship the Light and the Land and all its wondrous bounties? I would be, of course, honored to pay my respects to such a temple or shrine"
Madrien responds to Brother Canis "I assume you are speaking about our religions. The Thyatian official religion is cantered around the worship of the Trias, the three immortals Ixion, Valerias and Tarastia. There is only a common Church for the three Immortals, the Sacred Order of Thyatis, that is distinctly divided in three groups, one for each Immortal. Thyatians have a great tolerance of all cults and religions, except the ones that can pose a major treat to the stability of the nation."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Rukellian »

Rukiel travels with the company of Gildor, Hantae, and Krakus. All with a common purpose of looking to exchange currencies and stock up on supplies and various miscellany, Rukiel strikes up a conversation with Hantae and the others.

"So," he addresses Hantae, "you must have been to many different places, working for the carnival folk, right? Have your travels ever take you to a place like this? I might ask the same of you all, actually." He gestures to everyone at this point. "I hardly know any of you, even though we've been in a group for, what, a couple of weeks?" Rukiel shakes his head in disbelief. "Anyways, in case I haven't spoken of it beforehand, I haven't had the pleasure to experience the city life. Always on the road, always finding new wilderness to explore and tame."

Rukiel points a thumb to his chest in a gesture of pride, smiling as he looks over his shoulder every now and then to see if he's actually talking to someone and not just himself. While listening to the others, he will actively keep an eye out for a person who deals in coin exchange, if none catches his eye, he will settle for a clothier looks like he knows his/her trade well.

Edited to reflect update on character background history with the group.
Last edited by Rukellian on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rex »

Hantae

"No, never anything like this. I have been to some good sized cities, but this is something else again."

GreyWolfVT

#44 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Please note that the group from Northvale actually has been together longer than a couple of days except for Botang he's only been with you for about 3 days total. Rukiel, Keathan, Brother Canis & Hantae had been in Northvale for a week then on the 2 -3 day trip to the mansion and another 2-3 days back Total of about 2 weeks. Gildor is completely new to you all. Rician & Krakus know each other very well as they are the only originals from the very first adventure in the Village With No Name. They've been together for at least a month. Just as an FYI to clear up any confusions here. ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by ravenn4544 »

Brother Canis nods gratefully, "This sacred order you speak of. Where would I pay my respects at the temple? Could you point me in the right direction of where I could best do that?"

GreyWolfVT

#46 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote:Brother Canis nods gratefully, "This sacred order you speak of. Where would I pay my respects at the temple? Could you point me in the right direction of where I could best do that?"
Madrien nods "I could point you in the direction however I could accompany you if you'd like? The church and two other temples are all located in the government district." she points to the map again the purple area marked as Government District then to the following numbers #31, 32 & 34 on the map.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Rukellian »

I edited my post to reflect the accurate background history. Thanks, GreyWolfVT.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by Cwreando »

Gildor

To make it easier we can stay as a group make contact with a thieves guild see which guild is the largest and go from there.

Gildor says,”Let’s stay together so we don’t get ourselves into any trouble here before we get to the party.”
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Dram »

Krakus- This is my first visit to a city this large. My clan comes from plains near the Grandur Mountains.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 - HP: 27 /27:

Rician makes note of the temples on the map, as he intends to visit them later, after exchanging coinage and getting some food.

If he finds the temples worthy he will likely donate his spare change to them.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by ravenn4544 »

Brother Canis "Thank you Madrien for your information. I will note their location, thanks to you, and visit them later. For now, it is probably best that we stick together as much as possible in this strange new place!"

GreyWolfVT

#52 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Madrien nods understanding with the decision "Likely a good idea, Thyatis is a large metropolis, and it would be easy to get lost without guidance unless you are familiar with the vast city. Even with a map it could be easy to get lost. So then where shall I take you next?" she asks and gives everyone time to change their currency from that of the lands they came from to the local currency some money merchants happily exchange the foreign coins for local ones without a fee.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by Cwreando »

Gildor

Gildor says, "Ah much better. We now have the local coins necessary to enjoy what this city has to offer. Let's look over the various merchants." It is here that Gildor looks for any activity by a thieves guild and scrutinizes the more adept thieves, figuring they would belong to the higher guild. He makes an initial contact and an eventual audience (perhaps at the party) for inclusion to the guild and makes sure Hantae is aware. "We can make our way to the temples to make sure the gods have been asked for their favors. We may need it after all being new to this land." Gildor also provides a donation to a temple although only a small amount.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Rukellian »

Rukiel isn't in need of too many things at the moment, however, he does want to look his best for the party. While in the market area, he will try to find a clothier who shows wares of high quality. Fine silks, tastefully embroidered designs, the works. This will give him an excellent opportunity to gauge how trade works in these parts, and figure out how much his current wealth stacks with the rest of the citizenry.

Rukiel won't stray too far from the group. For now, he will behave. ;)

GreyWolfVT

#55 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Madrien walks the group over to one of the best clothing merchants at least in her opinion and allows those whom wish to shop do so. "This is the best clothier I can recommend to you if you wish to buy local attire. It's the only shop I ever go to for clothing."

There is a poster of the clothing offered within the shop there are tables laid out with all sorts of clothing in neat folded piles. Some of the clothing is hung up on wooden pegs or carved manikins. You'll notice much of the clothing matches what most folk are wearing in the marketplace. Though certain styles appear to be more popular among different social classes the nobles or richer folk wear different styles than the slaves or poor. Those of a more modest status wear more basic functional clothing.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Rukellian »

Rukiel will purchase something that would be expected to be seen at a dinner party. He will ask for advice, though really, there is a good chance he will ignore it and just buy whatever strikes his fancy. "Ah, so this is the place then? Excellent!" Standing up straight, he looks over the clothier's fine goods and nods. He then asks the person selling the clothes, "tell me, how much for that fine white toga, and that silk tunic?" Rukiel pulls out his small satchel of newly traded coins from his backpack and shakes it for effect.

GreyWolfVT

#57 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Merchant eyes brighten and and he smiles broadly at Rukiel as he shakes the satchel and hears the coins jingle. "Ah yes I see you mean business. Fine choices the toga comes in a variety of colors and costs 8 copper denarius (cp). The silk tunic also has a variety of color options and sells for 10 silver asterius (sp)."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Dram »

Krakus- Speaks to the Merchant Is there a place where can have our armor and furs cleaned? I would be interested in finding a place to wash the filth off me.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Rukellian »

"Denarius... Asterius..." Rukiel mumbles to himself quietly. He repeats them out loud and commits them to memory. Fishing for the proper coinage from his satchel, he hands over 8 denarius coppers and 10 asterius silvers. Holding the silk tunic, Rukiel runs his hand over it, taking in the smoothness of the fabric. He smiles and nods. "Good, I could get used to wearing this."

Carefully folding up the two items, Rukiel places them in his pack, to change into later in the day. He waits for the others to finish their shopping business and follows the group. Of course, he keeps himself busy in the meantime subtly eyeing all the beauties of the city, and I'm not just talking about the good architecture of buildings... ;)

GreyWolfVT

#60 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Merchant nods and smiles at Rukiel "yes sir grand selections. Come back again any day." the man looks at Krakus and nods "Yes there are a fair number of them here in merchants row. I merely am a provider of fine clothing." he points you towards the nearest armor cleaner "That man there is the one I'd recommend you to for your armor needs." Madrien nods indicating that is the man she would suggest as well.

Return to “Archive”