Part 1: Welcome to Thyatis

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Part 1: Welcome to Thyatis

#21 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Madrien speaks up "Everyone is here? Are you sure where is that big orge looking fellow that was with you?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 - HP: 27 /27:

Rician says, "Heh, maybe the big extra dimensional fellow got himself stuck in the extra dimensional portal!"
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

GreyWolfVT

#23 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Madrien smiles and giggles a little at that statement "Well I suppose that is possible though it has never happened before, then again the tallest fellow I'd had go through one was a half-orc. We almost recruited a half-giant fellow."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

GreyWolfVT

#25 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Madrien nods and looks as if thinking that statement over "I suppose that is possible. Well then I guess we shall continue on with our tour of the city." the half-elf mage takes the lead and begins walking the group through the streets of Thyatis and like a guide tells you information as you move along. "Built where the Mesonian River flows into the Sea of Dawn, Thyatis City is the center of the Empire its greatest city, most powerful port and trade center, and seat of its navy and trading fleet. The wealthy quarters of Thyatis have been constructed with soaring stone walls, broad streets of concrete, huge public works and buildings, the magnificent Coliseum, and lavish villas. At the center of Thyatis is The Heart, a great merchant district where goods from throughout the Known World are bought and sold. In the poorer districts there are huge tenement areas, with city block after city block of three-to five-story tenement dwellings, known as insulae (singular: insula). Here people live crowded together, and there is much filth, disease, and occasional violence. Other problems in the insula districts are fires and even the collapse of poorly constructed buildings. Unemployment is high, but people can hang on because the government provides free bread for all. The most popular entertainment in Thyatis is the games, held in the Coliseum. Admission to the games is free; they are paid for by wealthy patrons, such as merchants, victorious generals, senators, and even the Emperor himself. The free "bread and circuses" are one of the main reasons the bulk of the Thyatian population remains peaceful, despite their often abysmal living conditions."

Walking the streets you make way from the coliseum to the great merchant district the streets are filled with the hustle and bustle of people selling their goods and others going about daily business buying the wares. Madrien stops here and motions around to the shops "If anyone is in need of buying anything here is the place to do it and now is the time to be at it."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by Cwreando »

Gildor

Gildor marvels at the sight of the city. Kind of similar to Waterdeep in a way but it's a fresh start here.

Gildor says, "What a wonderful city you have here. Are there any strange laws or customs we should be concerned with or punishments for that matter?
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Rukellian »

Rukiel the Fickle

"Well, first things first. I have to make sure the coin I am spending matches the city." Rukiel thanks the lovely Madrien for the tour and asks where a currency trader can be found. He then proceeds in that direction once he is shown.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Ullek
Tracker
Tracker

#28 Post by Ullek »

Botang: Follows his companions through the portal and is bombarded with different sounds, smells, and finally some understanding.
"He says "eats yes" and farts loudly.
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers"

GreyWolfVT

#29 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rukellian wrote:Rukiel the Fickle

"Well, first things first. I have to make sure the coin I am spending matches the city." Rukiel thanks the lovely Madrien for the tour and asks where a currency trader can be found. He then proceeds in that direction once he is shown.

Madrien tells Rukiel and the others "We have only four coins for currency in Thyatis, the platinum emperor, the gold lion, the silver asterius, and the copper Denarius. These are equal to a platinum coin, a gold coin a silver coin and a copper coin in the lands you hail from. There should be a couple different merchants that will be willing to trade your currency for you. However we have no coin to represent your electrum coin."
Cwreando wrote:Gildor

Gildor marvels at the sight of the city. Kind of similar to Waterdeep in a way but it's a fresh start here.

Gildor says, "What a wonderful city you have here. Are there any strange laws or customs we should be concerned with or punishments for that matter?
Madrien replies to Gildor "Well I can tell you gambling is legal here and quite popular. When one of the people is offended here they will issue a challenge or duel. The person challenge gets to pick the terms, weapon, how many are involved, time, place, and weather it is merely to the death or the one who draws first blood. The challenger can then either withdraw the challenge or reaffirm it. Other than that we do have laws broke down into lesser and greater. Each crime has it's punishment which can be as minor as paying a fine or time served in prison. Punishments are also broke down based on intent if it was accidental the fine and punishment are far less than if you fully meant to do the crime. The most sever punishment you are striped to slave status, your property is taken by the government and you are put to death. Borydos Island is where we imprison most criminals. You will find most of the laws are posted." she walks over to a pillar that has a scroll posted to it Local Laws

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by ravenn4544 »

Brother Canis asks "So this collesium you speak of. What type of games are held in there, exactly?"

GreyWolfVT

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote:Brother Canis asks "So this collesium you speak of. What type of games are held in there, exactly?"
Madrien answers Brother Canis "Well there is the traditional one on one battle, and there are teams that battle other teams, they reenact battles of great wars, you can fight vicious animals sometimes they add the animals to a battle to add another level of danger or an added obstacle such as a chained lion or tiger. Sometimes there are chariot battles, a team of gladiators can battle a hoard of creatures. Sometimes they will do that with one gladiator gradually fighting a tougher and tougher monster or creature. Often these battles are gambled upon. We have even run something called a guantlet type obstacle course."

gauntlet is much like the one from The First Knight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYvFkNv05xg

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by Cwreando »

Gildor

Gildor says, "Right Rukiel, I need to get my coin converted over to local currency. I'd like to look the market over too. Hantea, care to join me?"
Hantea Only
Gildor will move over to Hantea and ask, "Let's go get our coins changed and work our way through the market place to scope out a way to contact the thieves guild here so we don't cross any lines. If we make contact we might be able to make some inquiries about the lucky streak and how to get in on it."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Rex »

Hantae
"Yes, I will join you Gildor, I have been thinking of the looking into the markets."

Gildor only
"Agreed, we should get moving this may take some time."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by Cwreando »

Gildor

Gildor asks,"What time should we meet and where Madrien?"

Once the time and place are set by Madrien Gildor cointinues.

"Hantae let's go get our coins exchanged and then see what's out there in the market."

DM only
Once the coins have been exchanged 1:1 ;) Hantea and Gildor can check out the market or city in general for a way to make contact with the local thieves guilds. Each area they can look for shady individuals to hopefully get them where they need to go. Hopefully to gather more information on this gladiator gambling and if they know of any good ways to get an upper hand on the winnings.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rex »

Hantae

DM only
Hantae will also look for performers and groups of performers/acrobats. She will see what they know and any info they can give her.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 - HP: 27 /27:

Rician acknowledges to do the same, so he can stock up on some food.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Rukellian »

Rukiel nods towards Gildor and Hantae with a cheery smile, acknowledging that they will be joining his exploration of the markets. "If I am to be at an extravagant dinner, my clothing should be extravagant too, should it not? I think a new wardrobe for today's event is in order!"

Rukiel nods at Gildor's inquiry. "Indeed, where and when should we meet after we finish perusing the markets? Do we have lodgings, being freshly employed gladiators and all that, or must we find beds for ourselves?" The man may be fickle at times, but he wants to get these facts straight so that he doesn't look like a complete fool by the end of the day (which may very well be a tall task to fulfill!) ;)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#38 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Madrien "Well I am to be your guide but if you wish to all split up, lets say we meet here in the merchant's row. There is a bath house in this district. Here this map will help right now we are here." she takes out a map and points to the sport called merchants row she then points to the #14 on the map "That is the bath house. If one of you needs the map I can hand it over to one of you or you can purchase one from the library located here." she points to the #15 on the map. "Or we can all stick together and I'll lead you to where you want to go."

Map:

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by ravenn4544 »

Brother Canis "So tell me about how the good folks in this strange city worship the Light and the Land and all its wondrous bounties? I would be, of course, honored to pay my respects to such a temple or shrine"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Dram »

Krakus- I will accompany you guys to market. He will follow Ruke and others to the market.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Return to “Archive”