Chapter 2 Part 1: New Adventures

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter 2 Part 1: New Adventures

#21 Post by Cwreando »

Bandir Spellbringer - F1/M2 - Spell Armour AC 5 : AC 5 (8 hp) - HP: 11 /11:

"Well, Hantae as my friend mentioned. My name is Bandir Spellstalker. Welcome aboard the team. Here is a healing potion. Use it wisely. We've seen our fair share of fights to say the least",adds Bandir.

"Let's see if we can recruit some more adventurers. I think we'll need all the help we can get on this one."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Tavern Owner serves Brother Canis his usual "That Rukiel up to his usual glad to see someone else sees the humor in it." walking back over to everyone else gathering around Hantae "Don't mind these fellas they mean well. Names Ireena if you need anything while you are here just tell em Ireena said to treat you good." the tavern owner looks over at Rukiel "When your done goofing around I got some other sweeping for yah where you tried making a tower of mugs the other night."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Rukellian »

Rukiel the Fickle

"Now hold on my fair Ireena, surely you must have me mistaken for someone else. I certainly did not cause that mess of mugs over yonder. Why yes, it was most likely one of the other merry-making drunkards of the night. There was plenty of laughing and action, of that I recall, and I think I was on my very best behavior. Nevermind what Lucy says, she's a liar. And now that I think about it, I am doing you an awfully nice favor sweeping up these messes for you, free of charge.... perhaps I should ask for coin. An honest day's labor deserves an honest day's wage, no?"

Rukiel is, of course, all smiles as he says this, always trying to work his natural charms with the fairer sex.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ireena gives Rukiel a sharp glare "You're fotunate I don't have my husband Ox come out here to deal with you you charmer of women if only be it in your head. I know it was you showing off trying to make a pyramid of mugs same as your card stack same skills. I aught to just make you wash dishes instead. That or get you to pay your tab." the tavern owner laughs and her burly tall husband walks out from the kitchen carrying a keg barrel to the bar. He looks over at everyone by his wife

Ox setting the keg down behind the bar "You need me love?"

Ireena waves him off "No dear, not at the moment. Just Rukiel up to his usual."

Ox chuckles and smiles at Rukiel gives him a little wink and goes back to the kitchen.

Ox

Ireena
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Rukellian »

Rukiel the Fickle

Rukiel lets out a weak laugh and quickly changes his tone when the Ox speaks. "Well gosh, you know what? All of a sudden, I feel like cleaning up those mugs AND those dishes! Truly, it is the least I can do for such a gracious hostess." He lets out another weak laugh and makes haste with the sweeping. Along the way, he stops beside Brother Canis, lowers his head and places his hand on his shoulder. "Brother, 'tis a curse I tell you. I keep shoveling and continue to make this hole deeper. Do me a favor and throw some rope down when you are ready to leave? If you all don't leave soon, I think I shall be the tavern's new brooms man, chair setter and...." Rukiel shivers. "I may have to even pick up my tab."

Rukiel swivels his head and smiles towards Ireena and her husband the Ox. He raises the broom in his hand with emphasis.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Rex »

Hantae

"Why thank you Bandir." Looking around the tavern she asks "When do you think we will be heading out?"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Dram »

Krakus lets out a laugh from the bottom of stomach. Rukiel you best bet is to tighten your lips. Ireena will have a new dish boy. As he gives Rukiel a good pat on the back. And we will be without your skills in our next adventure. Another mug of ale mylady. I shall help you clean up the mugs. As I remember it was my fault they tumbled.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Arastor enters the bar and has a graven look "My friends I have to be up front I am not going to go with you on mansion quest. I'm going to stay here in Northvale and continue to help the town both here and at Sparrow's Point."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by Cwreando »

"Arastor you will be missed my friend. The town can surely use your help though and perhaps our paths will cross again someday. Fare ye well", Bandir somberly states.

Krakus and Rician here take these. Bandir hands each a healing potion and a wolfs bane potion. Arthur would have wanted you to have them I think.

Bandir says to all in the tavern, "We have room for more adventurers in our group. If you have the fighting spirit and skill to match. You'd be welcome so long as you don't have a naggin attitude."

"Well, I can see some of you might have taste for adventure."
Last edited by Cwreando on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Dram »

Krakus- Thank you my friend. Turning to Bandir. I am ready to find this mansion.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Rex »

Hantae

I am ready as well.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 (Now AC 4 until repairs are made) - HP: 5 /27:

Rician picks up the potion bottles as he stands up, to head out the door. Says, "I am ready as well, and if any of you guards can watch over our camp while we investigate the Mansion, let me know. I think 4 of you should do."
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

GreyWolfVT

#33 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Arastor chimes in "A fellow woodsman I have been working with might be interested I can have him meet you on the road perhaps I'll have to go locate his camp though. So you might be best setting out and I'll send him to meet up with you on the way."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by Cwreando »

"Brother Canis are you ready also? Do we have the location and a map to use to guide us or just a general location?" Bandir walks over to Rukiel the Fickle as he finishes cleaning up the place saying, "Here take this I think your going to need it. :)" Bandir hands him an extra healing potion. He thinks to himself - I think the others can heal themselves.

"Let's get moving if we are all set. I'll get my horse Kore unless we want to go on foot."

Everyone should be healed up with out having to use any potions right?

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by ravenn4544 »

Brother Canis lets out a burp with a smile. "Sure! Brother Canis is ready to go!" Finishing up his last drink and looking back at Bandir with a quizzical look, "Where are we going?"

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by Cwreando »

Bandir fills brother Canis in on the mission they have, " Rician, Arastor, Bandir & Krakus are invited to meet in Rethor's office, he informs them that word has spread of a lost mansion that was possibly located north of Northvale deep in the forest. Knowing well the reputation of the four Rethor hopes that they will take on the quest in locating this mansion. They are informed it is the lost mansion of the founder of Northvale though thought lost over the last thirty years and suspected haunted, the mansion contains some important history to the town and might well hold some treasures as well. They are told that they can keep any items of magic in the mansion as payment along with any other items of value though if any are historically relevent to the founder the mayor likely will pay them for the items to be added to the town archives/museum. The items they wish to have brought back however are a ledger, and some scrolls thought to contain more information of the founder Lord Northvale. One other thing it has been mentioned that potentially a young dragon has been seen around the mansion."

I suggest the following marching order This gives us strength in the front and back or our order with healing and magic in the middle

PyroArrow - Rician Lockwindberg - Human Paladin lvl 3
Dram - Krakus Firegut - Human Barbarian lvl 3
Rex - Hantae the Dark - Human Thief lvl 3
Nuke66 - Keathan - Half-Elf Ranger/Druid lvl 3
ravenn4544 - Brother Canis - Human Cleric lvl 3
Cwreando - Bandir Spellstalker - Gray Elf Fighter/Mage lvl 1/2
Rukellian - Rukiel the Fickle - Human Fighter lvl 3

GreyWolfVT

#37 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The general location is not on any known map of the area though there used to be a road from the mansion to the road that connects back to Sparrows Point. So you can take the road from Sparrow's Point going North or just pick a spot in the woods to the north of town and just plod on from there.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Rex »

Marching order looks good to me.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by Cwreando »

It's just a suggestion order so if you want your character in a diff spot just say so.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Rukellian »

Rukiel the Fickle

"Thank you, err- Bandir was it? I will never turn down a free gift! Most of the time!" Rukiel sets the broom against a nearby counter and claps the dust off of his hands.

"Right then, looks like we are getting ready to leave. I shall go check up on Bagel and make sure she is ready to go as well, but first...."

Rukiel turns around and faces all of the ladies of the room and extends his arms in a wide fan like motion. "It may seem like a long time, but fret not, I shall not be gone long. Before you know it, I shall be back to shower you all with tales of my heroics! There will be drinks and celebration, and I suspect you will all be a richer as well, maybe." He bows quickly, winks then leaves to the outside stables where his horse and wagon are found.

Return to “A Village With No Name [Sandbox] (2e AD&D)”