2) The Secret of the Haunted House

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 2) The Secret of the Haunted House

#141 Post by Mant72 »

Keilif:

Keilif's nervousness and trepidation are plainly evident as he addresses the group, "We can speak with Ned while on the trail. Again, we need to be gone from here. The reavers will be here any minute." Keilif secures his things and eyes the exit.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#142 Post by OGRE MAGE »

In order to avoid more confusion, I just deleted two posts that were players second actions. Extra roleplaying posts are fine with me but PLEASE don't post more than one action per round!!!
Burly wrote: "So, you get pissed off and run off and leave us and then show up with someone we don't even know and ask if we want him to join up?"
Burly just shakes his head.
Ermulf clearly looks hurt at Burly's harsh words. You can tell he is holding back tears as he begins his retort.

Oh, I see! Because I stood up to the bully and then had to walk away, you think I was leaving the group? That's real nice! Well, just so you guys know, joining this group is the best thing that has ever happened to me in my life. I had a pretty rough upbringing and things weren't always easy for me. Today has been the most exciting and adventurous day I have ever experienced. I feel like I have really found my place in life. I have never felt anything like this before! I finally feel.......

Just then, mostly naked Ned pulls a dripping blade from the back of his undershorts. In mid sentence, he puts his arm around the front of Ermulf, pulls his head back by his hair, and slices his throat wide open from ear to ear, nearly to the poor boys spine. Ermulf gurgles something incoherent for a second as the thick red blood of youth pours out of his neck and runs all over the front of his shirt. He then topples forward and crashes down the steps.

You little shits have no idea what you've gotten yer selves into ere! Every last one of you rotten fuckers is gonna end up just like yer little shit friend there!

As he threatens you, Ned begins running west across the balcony. He appears to be heading to the hallway that runs towards the back of the house. You remember from your earlier search that it leads to either the back stairway in the kitchen or up to the attic.
You are all in room 1 except for Ben who is in room 4. Ned is at about the middle of the upper floor balcony hallway.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (497.87 KiB) Viewed 751 times
Actions!

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#143 Post by coil23 »

Doubtful

Doubtful gets a few words out then begins running to the back of the house toward the kitchen as he finishes talking over his shoulder at the others. Club is in both hands.

We don't know if he's told his friends yet. In case he hasn't we have to make sure it stays that way. To the kitchen now! And the back door after that for escape.

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#144 Post by Nordbo »

Danny Cruester

having already started twirling his fingers before this dastardly deed (as stated in previous post), was Danny quick enough to fire away his 'Fish eye' cantrip while naked man was talking, and before him running off ? Don't know which dice rolls are relevant to the situation but here are a couple:

Danny Cruester, roll for surprise or initiative: [1d6] = 3
Danny Cruester, d20 roll: [1d20] = 1 (agh!)
Danny Cruester, percentage roll [1d100] = 32

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#145 Post by Mant72 »

Keilif:

Keeping his mallet in a tight fist, Keilif rushes to the back door just as Doubtful suggests.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by ravenn4544 »

Ben seeing nothing in the room will quickly check room 2 and 3 and 1 for something that he can quickly cover the trap door with - something that may stop a crossbow bolt from being fired through for example....

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by wolfpack »

Jervis

Jervis boils with rage

BRIGAND!!

he yells as he runs upo the strairs looking to see if he can tell where ned fled.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by hedgeknight »

"YOU PIECE OF SHIT!"
Burly chokes out, horrified at what just happened to Ermulf. Without thinking too clearly, he follows Jervis up the stairs, intent on pounding Ned into a bloody pulp.
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#149 Post by OGRE MAGE »

As I said, I am going to be sticking pretty tightly to the 48 hour post rate in this game from now on. I think that I have addressed the biggest issues that were plaguing this game at the beginning so I want to try to keep the action moving here.

I will wait a while longer for Fulci and Urson to post their actions but, there will be an update in this game later today either way.

Thanks for your patience!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#150 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ermulf is No More

Ben stays in the room (4) guarding the secret trap door but listens to the chaos happening from down the short hallway.

The rest of the group is aghast at the blatant murder of their friend Ermulf, and right in front of them no less. Doubtful calls for the party to head back to the kitchen and then out the door. Luckily, not many listen. He and Keilif bolt towards the back of the house.

Jervis and Burly storm up the stairs after the villain. They have to leap the dead body of their friend along the way. Alec and Jonas rush forward to try to administer aid, but it it already too late for the poor boy.

Danny shoots some juju at the murderer just as he begins running away. A second later, the nearly naked man grabs his face with both hands as he flees. He appears to be trying to cover his eyes with his hands for some reason.

Suddenly, the balcony starts to shake and crack open. Naked Ned immediately crashes through the rotten floorboards and slams down to the main hall floor below. The fall does not kill him but, he seems a little slow to get back to his feet. He still clutches his dagger tightly in his left hand as he begins to stand.

Actions!

Ned is on the floor just north of the number 1 on the map. Everyone except Ben is currently in attack range.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#151 Post by Mant72 »

Keilif:

Regaining his courage and feeling somewhat ashamed for not pursuing the vile man named Ned, Keilif takes advantage of the bandit's misfortune and strikes with his mallet. He screams out after striking, "Try to take him alive! He probably has information, and he needs to face the Council for his crimes!"

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#152 Post by coil23 »

Doubtful

Relieved that they didn't need to head Ned off at the back stairs after all but still aware that this is just one of the immediate dangers facing the party. Must deal with this quickly. Swinging his club at Ned's knees to take out his mobility.
Distracted, he misses, still wildly wondering what Ben's update to his question will be about what was heard behind the wall and what he knows. Once again they are about to be making way too much noise considering what is about to return home.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by wolfpack »

Begrudginly Jervis will heed the request to take him alive, for now, only becuase he agrees he might have information. He switches his axe to the butt end and swings at naked neds head.

[1d20] = 11
[1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by hedgeknight »

Burly tries to smack Ned on the noggin with his rolling pin.

Initiative: [1d10] = 2
Rolling Pin Attack: [1d20] = 12, [1d4+1] = 2+1 = 3
Last edited by hedgeknight on Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winter is coming...

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#155 Post by Fulci »

Jónas Gillman

Jónas is still shocked by the sudden death of Ermulf, but tries his best to fend off the marauder.

Initiative [1d10] = 7
Attack with 10' pole: [1d20] = 3, damage [1d4] = 2
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by Urson »

Alec

Alec was preparing to swing his sword when Keilif calls for him to be captured. He drops his weapon and attempts to grapple the bastard.

Initiative [1d10] = 2
Vs. Dex:[1d20] = 18
Vs. Str. [1d20] = 10

(whichever is appropriate)
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#157 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Alec becomes infuriated at the sight of their now dead friend. The dwarf moves in to administer the same fate to this murderous marauder named Ned. However, after he hears Keilif shouting about sparing the man’s life so he can be questioned, Alec drops his new sword and dives in at the culprit instead, trying to subdue him.

Ned swings his dagger around at the oncoming dwarf with frightening accuracy, slicing his barrel chest open, right through his thick leather blacksmiths apron. The gash staggers the dwarf and he falls back, bleeding profusely. 3 dam

Seeing their friend being viciously attacked, the rest of the group explodes into action. Even after being warned, some of them find that pulling their swings is difficult to do. Keilif rushes in and bonks Ned on his head from behind with his mallet, trying to incapacitate him. The blow knocks the man sideways, straight towards the stairway and the oncoming wave of Jervis and Burly. Jonas and Doubtful miss their mark but Burly and Jervis do not. Jumping from the steps, the duo swings their ax and rolling pin simultaneously. Both attacks hit Ned squarely in the head and, for the second time in as many hours, the duo cave in yet another man’s head. Ned falls to the floor with his brains beginning to ooze out of his now fractured skull. His green and red stained dagger drops to the floor beside him.

Ben seems content to remain in the other room. Danny rushes to the side of Alec, making sure the group doesn’t lose another vital member. The still bleeding dwarf goes down to his knees. He gasps for air a few times and then falls face first to the floor.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#158 Post by Mant72 »

Keilif:

Seeing Alec fall, Keilif rushes to the dwarf's aid. He tries to staunch his wounds, then quickly smears the remainder of the healing ointment onto the the man's gaping chest. Still worried about the pending arrival of merciless reavers, Keilif offers up a prayer to Shileil and bellows, "I know Alec is gravely wounded, but we need to lift him now and get the hell out of here! Enough dawdling! We need to leave, now!" He tries to lift the stout dwarf, hoping the others will assist.
Last edited by Mant72 on Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#159 Post by wolfpack »

jervis

picks up the dagger and wipes it on neds dead body and puts it in his belt.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by hedgeknight »

"GODSDAMMIT!!" Burly roars in frustration, and then jumps when Keilif yells for help. Stowing his rolling pin, he grunts and tries to assist in getting Alec back downstairs and out of the house.
Winter is coming...

Return to “U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (1e)”