01: On Patrol (GreyWolfVT, (Scott308), Rukellian)

Fulci
Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: 01: On Patrol (GreyWolfVT, Scott308)

#21 Post by Fulci »

======================================================
3/6/2117 - 20:10
Characters: Max Rokossovsky (GreyWolfVT)

Trying to reassure himself and his position as superior, Gross switches back to his patronizing voice.
"Son, you are my best player. When the time comes, you will be the first to know everything.

Lawrence... that mechanic guy, right? He will get instructions from your father. We will discuss it all on the Overseers' meeting."

He picks up the folders from the floor, starts flipping through them.

"Your shift is over, go grab some food in the cafeteria. Heard they have maraschino cherries on the green jelly."
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Max starts to slouch a little let down a bit then stiffens again "Yes sir. Understood sir. Have a good evening sir." turning around walking off towards the cafeteria and sighing when out of earshot of his boss Max takes a detour looking for Lawrence.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#23 Post by Fulci »

3/6/2117 - 20:12

"Good, good," Gross says, distracted. "Oh, by the way, aren't you forgetting something?" he calls after Max suddenly. "Paragraph twenty-uh-something, security protocol, handling of weaponry and other patrol related items... The stun baton and the keycard. Mario is on duty tonight. He'll, uhh, be here soon to take over."
(Mario is one of the Vault security guards, a 40-ish guy who loves puns and yellow orange soy)

According to Vault security rules, only the on-duty guard may carry weapons and be authorized to enter restricted areas. Of course, it wasn't Max who forgot, but rather Gross himself.

After handing over the items (does Max obey?), Max walks down the Level 3 corridor into the general direction of the cafeteria. He sees his father, Alex Rokossovsky, standing outside Dr. Munro's office.

Is Max on good terms with his dad? How does Rokossovsky senior relate to Rokossovsky junior?
G A M E S :

GreyWolfVT

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fulci wrote:======================================================
3/6/2117 - 20:12

"Good, good," Gross says, distracted. "Oh, by the way, aren't you forgetting something?" he calls after Max suddenly. "Paragraph twenty-uh-something, security protocol, handling of weaponry and other patrol related items... The stun baton and the keycard. Mario is on duty tonight. He'll, uhh, be here soon to take over."
(Mario is one of the Vault security guards, a 40-ish guy who loves puns and yellow orange soy)

According to Vault security rules, only the on-duty guard may carry weapons and be authorized to enter restricted areas. Of course, it wasn't Max who forgot, but rather Gross himself.

After handing over the items (does Max obey?), Max walks down the Level 3 corridor into the general direction of the cafeteria. He sees his father, Alex Rokossovsky, standing outside Dr. Munro's office.

Is Max on good terms with his dad? How does Rokossovsky senior relate to Rokossovsky junior?
Max stops suddenly and turns around handing over the baton and keycard "Sorry about that sir I had other things on my mind. Here you go."
Seeing his father Max walks over smiling "Dad whats going on are you ok? Is everything alright?" he asks genuinely caring for his father, they do have a good relationship after all, his father has always been on the level with him and with all the repair knowledge he has shared with Max since he was a boy they have a great and close relationship often seeing eye to eye on discussions and other things. "I just finished shift and was going to go look for Lawrence maybe have a bit to eat. But that buzzing sound really through me off dad. Wonder what it is that's causing it."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#25 Post by Fulci »

"Just waiting for the Overseer, we have some things to discuss," Alex points at the closed door of Dr. Munro's office. He seems tired. "Yes, that buzzing sound! You hear that too, huh? Of course you do," he inserts a nervous laughter, "it's all over the place."

"How was your shift?" he asks, trying to mask some sort of concern by hitting a casual tone.
G A M E S :

GreyWolfVT

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Max "Shift was about the same other than the buzzing is loudest on level one that is what gave me a bit of excitement. Are you sleeping well Dad? You look tired." looking concerned about his dad and the buzzing.

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by Fulci »

3/6/2117 - 20:15

Alex Rokossovsky leans in, closer to his son and quickly says:
"I'm under pressure. We all are," meaning the Vault councilors and officials. "At first I agreed with the Overseer, wait til things blow over, but I understand that now it's too late. By keeping a secret, we placed all the Dwellers under threat. I told her, Dr. Munro, oh, there you are!" - he changes tone again. Max turns back and sees Dr. Munro stopping a few steps from them. Her expression is strict and neutral, as usual.

"Good evening. Sorry for keeping you waiting, Alex. Max, sorry, I have to discuss some matters with the Head Mechanic. You can continue this family reunion afterwards."

She opens her office door with a keycard hanging from her neck and invites Alex Rokossovsky inside.
G A M E S :

GreyWolfVT

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Max nods "Alright I'll catch up with you later Dad. Thanks Doctor. I'll go look for something to eat." again Max heads off to get something to eat at the cafeteria then seeks out Lawrence.

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#29 Post by Fulci »

Characters: Max Rokossovsky (GreyWolfVT), Lawrence (Rukellian)

Max doesn't have to look for long: he basically runs into Lawrence at the cafeteria entrance. The young mechanic is carrying a heavy toolbox.

Rukellian, join us, please ;)
This takes place after Lawrence's encounter with Victoria and Quincy (who are still sitting inside the cafeteria), but before he repairs the plumbing on level 2.
G A M E S :

GreyWolfVT

#30 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Max tries to stop Lawrence if he looks to be leaving the cafeteria "Hey Lawrence do you have a moment? I'd like to talk with you about somethings. Maybe have a bite to eat together what do you say?" Max says politely and with a slight smile though true concern is hidden behind his facade.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Rukellian »

Characters: Max Rokossovsky (GreyWolfVT), Lawrence (Rukellian)

Having caught Lawrence in a good mood, the mechanic has a smile on his face, despite the task ahead of him. When he sees Max, he waves and approaches.

"Hey Max, it's been a while."
"Hey Lawrence do you have a moment? I'd like to talk with you about somethings. Maybe have a bite to eat together what do you say?"
"I have a minute, sure, but I'll pass on the food." Lawrence says with a grin while holding his stomach. "Going to clean out some pipes, can't do it and risk losing my meal, you know?"

He sits down at a table and waits for Max to grab a quick bite. While waiting he looks back over at the corner where Victoria and Quincy are. A casual glance is all he affords for it doesn't take long for Max to have some gel dispensed.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#32 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Max actually passes on the "food" as well sits down with Lawrence and says in hushed tones to him "Alright forget the food then. You hear that buzzing noise right Lawrence? Well of course almost everyone hears it, but up on level 1 it is significantly louder. What gets me is my dad and my boss both are acting strangely when you ask them about it. Do you know anything is it the water purifier or the air intake? Somethings wrong my friend and that has me very concerned. Come lets go see about those pipes I'm off shift and it will give us some more time to talk in an environment less suited to others overhearing the conversation."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Max actually passes on the "food" as well sits down with Lawrence and says in hushed tones to him "Alright forget the food then. You hear that buzzing noise right Lawrence? Well of course almost everyone hears it, but up on level 1 it is significantly louder. What gets me is my dad and my boss both are acting strangely when you ask them about it. Do you know anything is it the water purifier or the air intake? Somethings wrong my friend and that has me very concerned. Come lets go see about those pipes I'm off shift and it will give us some more time to talk in an environment less suited to others overhearing the conversation."
"Well then, you get straight to the point, don't you?" Lawrence gives Max a cautionary look, carefully picking out his next choice of words. "Come on, we can talk along the way."

Lawrence picks up his tools and exits the cafeteria. When the mechanic believes everyone is mostly out of earshot, he continues the conversation. "The buzzing noise, I've heard it near my room too, subtle though, almost subliminal in nature. I marked it off as something that will probably need to be fixed later on, machinery that needed tuning, or some lighting fixture that was going out, but if you say you've heard it much more clearly on the top floor. Well... that would be your father's area. Only he has access to the first floor in the Mechanical Division of Maintenance..." Lawrence's voice trails off as he thinks upon that statement. He has been working this job for a good few years now, and he still doesn't have access to the first level. Irritation can be found clearly in the mechanic's voice as he thinks on this.

"I am keeping tabs on it though, and the secrecy with the higher-ups does not help my job any. Whatever is causing this 'buzzing noise', it might be having indirect effects upon people. If it is a frequency level of say 20–200 Hz, headaches could result, unusual tiredness, lack of concentration, irritation, and pressure on the eardrum, all viable symptoms of exposure to such. If left unattended, it could adversely affect everyone's work performance here, leading to unnecessary irritability and mistakes that could add up and result in injury."Lawrence smiles as he passes a group of kids running down the corridor to their rooms. "Really, it is my job to make sure everyone here lives in a safe and productive environment. If this noise becomes an issue, I will need to address it eventually, for their sake, and ours, everyone's." Lawrence stops in front of the elevator and mentions that his first job of the night is on the second level.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#34 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Max walks and listens to Lawrence and too stops and smiles as they are passed by the children "That's what concerns me, being the son of the head mechanic I too know what you say is true. Next time I am on duty perhaps when I go up there to do the checks you might accompany me, then again we both risk a lot if I do get you up to that level when I have clearance to be up there on level 1. Perhaps after the good doctor is done with my father he and I will have a moment to discuss this further. What concerns me is dad acted as if he knew of this and warned the overseers of this, as well as others of the vault council and now maybe too late." now at the elevator Max is not sure if Lawrence would wish him coming with to level 2 or not. "I can come with if you'd like I know you know far more than I do about repairs but I don't mind if you don't mind the company. Promise I won't interfere with your work if anything I'll lend a hand." Max smiles friendly genuinely trying to be a good friend to Lawrence. "Besides dad doesn't mind when I pitch in with repairs."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rukellian »

Lawrence laughs and shakes his head as he enters the elevator with Max. "You've always been the enthusiastic one, ready to lend a hand. I like that about you; however," he pauses before producing a gas mask. "I will be working on the septic line. Unless you have one of these with you, it won't be the most pleasant of jobs, and... I only have the one, borrowing it from Roman. You still interested in tagging along?"

Lawrence adds on quickly afterwards, not wanting to turn down company. "Hey look, this job won't take that long, routine even. If you wait for me at the Maintenance area, I will be their shortly to start my rounds. You can tag along then if you'd like, skip the smelly stuff."

"And about the hush hush stuff with the overseer and supervisors, well, you know I don't like butting heads with my superiors. I'm a 'good boy'. I'm not sure how I can help unless your dad asks for me to do something, or the overseer herself. You mentioned the doc though. That gives me an idea. If you tell him what I told you about the buzzing noise's potential effects on our community, he might be willing to say more, if only to put an uneasy mind at rest." Lawrence ends in a shrug as he emphasizes the fact that it may all be stretch.

GreyWolfVT

#36 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Max shakes his head no "Affraid I don't have much of anything on me at the moment off duty and all I have no special clearance card or the guard baton just the clothes on my back guess I'll meet with you in the maintenance area unless I run into someone else along the way. Thanks for the suggestion I'll mention it to dad when I next see him. Depends on how long the doctor keeps him." with that Max rides up to the second floor on the elevator sees Lawrence off and pushes the button on the elevator to go down to the maintenance area.

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#37 Post by Fulci »

Just a quick note:
There are two "doctors" among the overseers:
Dr. Munro, the Vault Overseer
and Dr. "Doc" Barnes (Quincy's father), the medical doctor, Head Physician

Alex Rokossovsky is "chatting" with Dr. Munro in her office.
G A M E S :

GreyWolfVT

#38 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yup sorry guess I should have specified Doctor Munro in my posts.

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: 01: On Patrol (GreyWolfVT, (Scott308), Rukellian)

#39 Post by Fulci »

We execute another time warp...

And continue here:

viewtopic.php?f=338&t=5330&p=238512#p238512
G A M E S :