01: Not Another Medical Drama (FantasyChic, MonkeyWrench)

Fulci
Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: 01: Not Another Medical Drama (FantasyChic, MonkeyWrench

#161 Post by Fulci »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Max looks around nervously "Perhaps we should discuss this elsewhere Victoria. Not all of our present company is in agreement openly with out thinking. If you catch my meaning." Max indicates the other security personnel in the area.
Currently, there aren't any security guards in the vicinity!But, of course, caution is good.
Max is more or less able to predict guard routes and presumes that right now Mario is probably lounging in the Level 2 Guard Post, watching re-runs of detective shows, but will soon embark on a routine check. If the young Vault Dwellers want to discuss their pressing matters right now, they need to find a place that isn't visited during security checks. Max knows, that only the most throughout guards monitor all the bathrooms. Maybe Zack knows some blank spots as well, that sneaky bastard!
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#162 Post by Scott308 »

Zachariah "Zack" Lofftin

Do I know of anywhere else?

Well, we could always go to someone's quarters. Otherwise, we could go up to the first level. That would allow us to look at how to open the vault door. I don't know if Mario is likely to check there or not. If he does, we'll all be in a lot of trouble if he catches us there.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#163 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fulci wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:Max looks around nervously "Perhaps we should discuss this elsewhere Victoria. Not all of our present company is in agreement openly with out thinking. If you catch my meaning." Max indicates the other security personnel in the area.
Currently, there aren't any security guards in the vicinity!But, of course, caution is good.
Max is more or less able to predict guard routes and presumes that right now Mario is probably lounging in the Level 2 Guard Post, watching re-runs of detective shows, but will soon embark on a routine check. If the young Vault Dwellers want to discuss their pressing matters right now, they need to find a place that isn't visited during security checks. Max knows, that only the most throughout guards monitor all the bathrooms. Maybe Zack knows some blank spots as well, that sneaky bastard!
Oh so Mario did stick around after talking to Max's dad? Guess that was my mistake.

Max looks around and is a bit relieved the jokester Mario didn't stick around. "Lets just go to someone's quarters and we might want to fetch Lawrence too. Perhaps Zack will come with me to get Lawrence then we can meet up in Zacks quarters?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#164 Post by Fulci »

Scott308 wrote:Do I know of anywhere else?
You are free to come up with a hiding place that seems logical given the Vault's structure!
G A M E S :

Scott308

#165 Post by Scott308 »

Zachariah "Zack" Lofftin

At this time of night, maybe we should head to the library. Nobody will be there and since you have to go through the school to get to it, we should be able to turn on lights without anyone walking by in the hall being able to see. Plus, it will give us more room than trying to cram everyone into a single living space. I'll go open the library if you guys want to get Lawrence. I'll leave the door unlocked, but I'll try to hide just in case Mario walks by and decides to try the door before everyone gets in and we can lock it behind us. If you get there and the door is locked, something went wrong. Meet me at my quarters then. If that door is still locked...I'm not going to be able to make the meeting.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

GreyWolfVT

#166 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Max "Very well if that is how you want to do this Zack can you step over here for a second I have something to ask you in private briefly. Before I go off looking for Lawrence."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#167 Post by Fulci »

======================================================
3/6/2117 - 22:40
Characters: Victoria James (FantasyChic), Quincy Barnes (MonkeyWrench),
Zack Lofftin (Scott308), Max Rokossovsky (GreyWolfVT)

Max and Zack step aside for a quiet talk... or maybe not?
G A M E S :

Scott308

#168 Post by Scott308 »

Zack wasn't necessarily going to speak with Max.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by MonkeyWrench »

After cleaning himself off once the operation was complete Quincy took to his notepad as he scribbled down the notes, suggestions, and implications of the radiation damage and mutation to the creature, noting the bloated organs and how they functioned in the body to keep the creature alive after ingesting so much junk that it quite literally had no more room. He seems to get lost in his own thoughts while the others talked among themselves.

Seeing movement Quincy looked up from his own written thoughts to see Max bringing Zach aside. Quincy brings the notepad to his side and looks to Victoria, "Looks like I was lost in my own thoughts for a moment there, if I remember correctly we're going for Lawrence?" He speaks up, directing his attention to Max, "Go ahead and keep Zach company, perhaps you'll be a word of caution in making sure if he is caught that he may slip away. Victoria and I can go track down Lawrence and bring him..." He looks to Victoria, "Unless you had other plans?"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#170 Post by Fulci »

Scott308 wrote:Zack wasn't necessarily going to speak with Max.
Sorry, I didn't mean to decide for you! That was a piece of bad GMing from me... :(
Go ahead, play out this scene as you wanted (with Zack declining to talk to Max or anything you wish!)
G A M E S :

Scott308

#171 Post by Scott308 »

Zachariah "Zack" Lofftin

All right, Max. We'll go to the library, and the others can come along after they find Lawrence. How good were you at avoiding being found as a kid when you played Hide and Seek? Because you may need to hide if Mario ends up patrolling the area while we wait.

After hearing Max's reply, Zack will excuse himself to use the restroom before heading out. I had a couple Nuka Colas while watching the docuvid on tapirs. I'll be back in a moment.

GreyWolfVT

#172 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Max "Zack I want to give you the benefit of the doubt..." he pauses looks around and whispers to Zack "But what was in that case? I know you have it but I won't worry about it if you tell me what was in it. Other than that I'm off duty so nothing can come from it." Max tries to befriend Zack offering a sincere look to show he wont do anything about it Mario is nowhere around the two other adults appear to be ignorant to them missing box from the molerat's stomach "I just want to know that whatever it is, isn't a danger to us. Dispose of it just don't tell me where it was. I know you can dispose of it whatever it is with out likely getting caught. Other than that hide and go seek wasn't a problem for me after all look at what job I have now..." Max trails off there hoping to not draw attention to them.

FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#173 Post by FantasyChic »

Victoria shakes her head "No, that sounds like a solid plan. We'll go get Lawrence and meet everyone over there. If we are caught though, let me talk to them. I think I can smooth things out so we don't get in trouble, and more importantly, don't get hounded by the Overseer." In case it wasn't obvious, Victoria now holds the Overseer in a harsh light due to the amount of secrets that she seems to be holding.
Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!

-Dr. Seuss

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#174 Post by Fulci »

Zack Lofftin (Scott308), Max Rokossovsky (GreyWolfVT)

Max & Zack

Zack mumbles something about Nuka Colas and tapirs, and hops into the bathroom, avoiding Max's question.

---

Quincy & Victoria

The young doctors head out to find Lawrence. They quickly go through Level 4, then take the elevator up one floor. Curfew is already on, the Vault's corridors are deserted. The usual night ambience of quiet rustling fills the air, accentuated sometimes with the wheezing of an air pump or water dripping inside the pipes.

Victoria and Quincy luckily stumble upon Lawrence: he stands on Level 3, seemingly lost in his thoughts, with his ear up against the wall. Listening to the sweet noise of Vault machinery, his favorite music?
G A M E S :

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by Rukellian »

Lawrence (Rukellian)
Location: Vault 14, Level 3, Corridor between School and Family Blocks

Leaning against one of the vault's walls, Lawrence lets his mind rest for a minute or two as he gathers this thoughts. The subtle ensemble humming in the background helps sooth his nerves and after a few minutes of listening, he already starts to feel his breathing slow.

'The library terminals will need some fine-tuning... a data loop occurring in the archives... section 2ba through 7... 21 minutes tops.'

Lawrence shifts his weight and exhales after breathing in deeply. His arms are now crossed as he looks directly down, the side of his head still leaning against the cool metal of the wall.

'What do I say to her? How do I end this... Maybe if? No. That would only make things worse.'

He pries open the maintenance hatch he was leaning on and inspects the contents with a flashlight in hand, but even as he goes through his routine inspection of the contents within, his mind wanders again...

'I've heard too much, thought on it more than I should of, and now I went and said too much. A warning is a warning, and by all means I was doing my part, but...' Lawrence can't seem to shake an uneasy feeling about him, a fear that has been growing inside him now for the longest time.

'Will I be able to do it? Should I? I would be leaving behind so much... so much...and she would, and I...'

It is at this point that Lawrence picks up on another sound in his environment, footsteps. He jumps upon hearing it, not really expecting company at this time of the day, and drops his flashlight with a short gasp. 'Mario? He isn't due to be in this area until-' The mechanic looks over and sees Victoria and Quincy approach.

He quickly picks up his flashlight and then looks at his PipBoy. The time reads 10:40, past curfew. He looks up and furrows his brows in confusion. He smiles for a moment, but then takes on a serious face and says to the two in a quiet voice, "Can I... help you two?" Lawrence says this slowly as he notices that they are still very much recovering from their injuries, also taking note of their not so cheery faces. "Shouldn't you two be resting, you know, to heal and all that?"
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Quincy gives Lawrence an easy smile, acting casually confident even when wrapped in bandages, "We were hoping you could help us actually, and if we could help you too. We've been learning a lot about the vault authority, some of the secrets they've been keeping from us all... We think it's time those of us who have been seeing through this facade of safety to meet up, pool our findings and resources, and figure out our next move. I think you're one of us Lawrence, someone that's slowly finding out that things aren't what they seem here. And I believe you want answers, just as much as we do..." Quincy shifts his gaze to Victoria for a moment before honing in on Lawrence, he opens his mouth to say something but his eyes flash for a moment, the words caught in his throat for less than a sec before his body language shifts into something more genuine, something that Victoria would notice as someone who is used to manipulating people, whatever his initial thought was, Quincy decided to do something else. "So, are you with us? We're meeting tonight."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by Rukellian »

Lawrence (Rukellian)
Location: Vault 14, Level 3, Corridor between School and Family Blocks

Lawrence frowns. "I do want to learn more, I always do, but the thing is, it would feel very wrong to do so if it just created more problems for others."

The night mechanic gives Quincy a direct stare as he says this, one that is almost reminiscent of an adult scolding a child.

"Sure, I know a bit more than what others are lead to believe. I've figured a few things out, but I haven't acted on it yet, and for good reason too. I-" Lawrence pauses, and then quickly catches himself mid-sentence.

"No. I shouldn't be talking about this. You shouldn't either... Victoria? Could you talk some sense into him for me? You're much better at persuasion than I."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#178 Post by FantasyChic »

Victoria listens, but instead, the dame uses her persuasion skills on Lawrence, "Listen Lawrence, I get your skepticism. I've grown in this Vault and I consider it my home and always will, but you and I both know that home doesn't always last forever. You've seen the old videos, read the books, people move around all the time. The amount of secrets and danger here is just too much to pass up. Please, come with us and hear us out. I have a feeling you'll agree and even have your own ideas for what we should do. If we do get caught, I'll make it better." she said with a winning smile.
Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!

-Dr. Seuss

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by Rukellian »

'Damn, there is that winning smile again.'

"You too, Victoria?" Lawrence shakes his head and looks down. Old feelings well up, and for a moment, he loses his resolve. "You've all been thinking about this for a long time, I guess that's only natural...

"*sigh* I will be in the library, have to work on some of the terminals. If you want to talk, we can talk there, but officially, I'm on duty and you guys are past curfew."

'Guess I haven't fully gotten over it yet... perhaps this is my time to say something.'

Lawrence gives the two one more wary glance before picking up his tools and entering the school. You managed to persuade him into listening, but you get the feeling that he will be hard to fully win over, even if he is a friend.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#180 Post by MonkeyWrench »

As Lawrence enters the school area, heading towards the back library, Quincy takes the opportunity while they are both alone in the hallway to slide his arm around Victoria's shoulders hugging her close to him. His leans his head in and speak in a low tone, "You've always been able to sway him, thank you. Couldn't have done it without you. Looks like he needs an extra push or two to come around though..." Leaning back he gives her a mischievous grin and a wink, "Ready for round 2?"

Quincy keeps his smile up as they enter the school to meet up with the others, ready to get this meeting underway...

Return to “Vaults & Wastelands - Fallout PnP”