01: The Heart of the Living Beast (Rukellian)

Fulci
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 01: The Heart of the Living Beast (Rukellian)

#21 Post by Rukellian »

======================================================
3/6/2117 - 20:??, Night-shift
Characters: Lawrence (Rukellian)

Having sent an update on his completed task, Lawrence takes care of one final detail before beginning his main night shift duties, returning the sanitized gas mask back to Roman, just as it was (fixed to his head size and not reeking of sewage). If doing this may pose an actual challenge, taking into consideration Roman's potential level of Perception, I will provide rolls upon request.

'The rest of the night should be a stroll through the park. Just got to make sure everything is working right. With Mr. Rokossovksy ordering the day boys around, the vault should be already in good order, or mostly that is.'

Lawrence's starts to make his usual rounds, clipboard full of checklists in hand, and toolkit in the other, starting from the fourth level and working his way up. He will replace light fixtures that need replacing, tighten bolts and nuts that look loose, and perform routine check-ups on important pieces of machinery through out the vault.

For a more specific starting point and route taken I will refer to the Vault map provided and describe where he goes. Depending on where he has access to, some areas may be skipped over, but here is his first few areas in the following order:
(Level 4)
Maintenance, Generator, Labs, Corridor between Labs and Hydroponic Gardens, Hydroponic Gardens, Corridor next to elevator and living quarters, living quarters, and then Stocks.

I am posting his actions like this so that the DM/GM can pace my character's progress according to everyone else, some areas taking longer than others to inspect. This will also provide opportunities for events or obstacles depending on what is going on or what he finds when getting to certain areas.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#22 Post by Fulci »

3/6/2117 - 20:40, Night-shift
Characters: Lawrence (Rukellian)

Rukellian wrote:The rats in question have been sent through proper channels as per regulations in the Vault-Tech Rules and Regulations Manual.
Lawrence deposited the chewed-up rats and the bucket of slime at the Vault Waste Management Unit - place of duty to Zack Lofftin, who was, of course, missing. At least the stinking bucket is now isolated. Hopefully it will get properly disposed of tomorrow.
Rukellian wrote:Lawrence takes care of one final detail before beginning his main night shift duties, returning the sanitized gas mask back to Roman, just as it was (fixed to his head size and not reeking of sewage)
Lawrence got lucky: either his hand-eye coordination was spot on, or Roman was too tired after a long day's work of portioning slimenutrisoy to notice any change. He doesn't say a thing, just nods and goes back to the kitchen to hang up the gasmask at its place.

Sorry, I will delay you a little bit, to see what happens in the other topics!
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#23 Post by Fulci »

3/6/2117 - 20:40
Characters: Max Rokossovsky (GreyWolfVT), Lawrence (Rukellian)
Location: Vault 14, Level 4, route from Maintenance to Hydroponics

Lawrence returns to the Maintenance area after his triumph over the pipes of Level 2. He finds Max Rokossovsky waiting for him. The two Vault Dwellers (who, after their recent conversation, feel a bit like conspirators) set out to cover Lawrence's usual routine maintenance route. Max helps carrying a few spare light bulbs (they are still called "light bulbs", but in fact they are Vault-Tec standard issue fluorescent light units) and tools.

They check the generator and the labs and find no errors or faults. They change a flickering light in the corridor. They go to the Hydroponics next: it is on the standard route, but it is also generally a nice place to be. It's relatively humid (the Vault's concrete tunnels can be rather dry, as humidity would lead to mold in the ventilation systems), warm and cozy. The drip-drip of water can be a bit annoying, but you get used to it.

Peace and quiet -- but then they hear sounds of commotion and a loud cry of pain! It's coming from somewhere behind the glasshouse!

Description of the Hydroponic gardens:
Enclosed within the concrete walls, there is a lush jungle - at least it feels like a jungle to the Vault Dwellers who don't see much greenery otherwise. The Hydroponics hall is approximately 30 by 30 meters, and is divided into two parts. The half closer to the entrance has rows of water tanks for smaller plants. A few barrels of special nutritious liquids and artificial fertilizers stand nearby. Next to wall there are five big circular tanks, submerged into the floor, with real trees growing in them. In the second half of the hall, there are two plastic tents - glasshouses, for plants that need heightened temperature and humidity. Overall, the hall is quite dark, only with spotlights shining over the tanks and red lights inside one of the glasshouses.
G A M E S :

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Rukellian »

Location: Vault 14, Level 4, route from Maintenance to Hydroponics

"Ah, this one was due for changing. Max, if you don't mind... Thanks." Having been passed up another Vault-Tec standard issue fluorescent light unit, Lawrence quickly replaces the flickering unit in the corridor between Maintenance and Hydroponics. Taking but only a few seconds, the mechanic demonstrates his trained hand speed and coordination, replacing the light fixture with almost effortless ease. As he puts away the old light unit, he makes a casual remark to Max. "It's getting to the point where I think I can do this stuff in my sleep if I wanted," he laughs, "And we really lucked out with the generator. Had that thing been not in working order, I guarantee you, we'd still be working on it."
The conversation between the two friends covered many things, while Lawrence went about the first part of his routine. Max would let Lawrence know what happened during the day, and in turn, Lawrence answered questions, any kind really. They even reminisced at times over their early vault years, wondering how things would have been different had they been born into a different life. Lawrence starts up that vein of conversation again when entering the Hydroponics section.

"The trees they have growing in here, they are quite small compared to the kinds found in the textbooks in the library. I've always wondered how -"
but then they hear sounds of commotion and a loud cry of pain! It's coming from somewhere behind the glasshouse!
Lawrence stops mid-sentence and quickly gives Max a concerned look upon hearing the cry of pain. Nothing needed to be said during the silent exchange. With a quick nod of the head, Lawrence pulls one of his heavier wrenches out of his toolbox and hands it to Max. Lawrence will grab another tool with him, if available, and proceed to run to the opposite side of the room Max goes towards. (pincer movement)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#25 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Max quite enjoys helping Lawrence in the repairs "Sure I'll get that light." taking a bit longer than Lawrence as it has not become fully routine for him in replacing the bulbs, satisfied with his work Max engages in conversation as they work together. "Yeah we did strike some luck with the generator, I know Dad has told me that it can take hours sometimes with them." then pausing briefly laughing at Lawrence's comment of doing this in his sleep "Sometimes working this night shift Lawrence I swear you must do some of this work in your sleep as it is. Then again Zack does do his work while sleeping. I caught him sleeping up in level 1 earlier when I was doing my security checks." musing over that for a moment then thinking about the trees "I always wondered that myself the trees do appear to be a lot smaller than we were taught about the ones of the outside world. I have always wanted to know if and Redwood trees survived the war, I'd like to one day maybe see one." then stopping there as the loud commotion by the glasshouse occurs followed by the cry of pain taking the wrench wielding it much like his security baton or maybe a club and going around to the right to see what is the source of the cry and commotion.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#26 Post by Fulci »

Welding their makeshift weapons, Max and Lawrence shift through the Hydroponics (Max on the right side, Lawrence on the left). The last time they did this was a game of cops & robbers, played out right here in the gardens - but the trees seemed bigger and the ceiling much higher then.

Both jungle warriors notice a figure stepping out of the shadow of a half-size fig palm: it's Victoria! She is limping. There is a huge open wound on her left leg, leaking red blood on her torn blue suit.

Let's move to the other thread!
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=338&t=5331&p=238762#p238762
G A M E S :

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: 01: Not Another Medical Drama (FantasyChic, MonkeyWrench

#27 Post by Fulci »

3/6/2117 - 21:05
Characters: Lawrence (Rukellian), Max Rokossovsky (GreyWolfVT)

Max Rokossovsky

Max knows that Mario is supposed to be on Level 2 around this time of the Night shift, checking whether everything is fine in the living quarters. Coming out of the elevator he senses the foul, but not too strong smell of sewage coming from the direction of the Community area - this is probably what Lawrence was talking about. Max turns to the other direction and starts walking down the corridors. There's nobody around, most Vault Dwellers are tucked in already, sleeping or reading something in their beds.

He then hears footsteps and somebody whistling the "Dick Barton, Special Agent" theme. It's Mario, walking down the hallway, casually swinging the security baton in rhythm. Max is on good terms with him (which is easy - Mario is a nice guy, generally), but they don't know each other well. Probably because of the age gap (Mario is in his early 40s), they don't have many common topics other than guard duties.
Mario.jpg
Mario.jpg (73.4 KiB) Viewed 1325 times
"Hi, Maximilian," he greets him with a jovial smile. Mario always twists words and names around. "Breaking curfew, are we of those few?" He glances at his watch - curfew is at ten. "Oh, you're good."

---

Lawrence

"Let's go," says Alex Rokossovsky and the two mechanics head out. There's some awkward silence while the elevator transports them to Level 4.

"Umm, crazy, huh? Three generations underground," says Rokossovsky suddenly as they walk towards the Hydroponics. "I mean, you know that this isn't forever. We cannot live like... moles... molerats... One day we will have to take back the surface, whatever's there... Maybe this will come in our lifetime."

Alex Rokossovsky has a weird expression on his face - both pensive and concerned.

"So... what do we have here?" he asks, as he stops before the Hydroponics entrance.

React in any way you like and post a plan for the "exploration" of the Hydroponics!
G A M E S :

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rukellian »

Fulci wrote:======================================================
3/6/2117 - 21:05
Characters: Victoria James (FantasyChic), Lawrence (Rukellian),
Quincy (MonkeyWrench), Max Rokossovsky (GreyWolfVT)

Lawrence

"Let's go," says Alex Rokossovsky and the two mechanics head out. There's some awkward silence while the elevator transports them to Level 4.

"Umm, crazy, huh? Three generations underground," says Rokossovsky suddenly as they walk towards the Hydroponics. "I mean, you know that this isn't forever. We cannot live like... moles... molerats... One day we will have to take back the surface, whatever's there... Maybe this will come in our lifetime."

Alex Rokossovsky has a weird expression on his face - both pensive and concerned.

"So... what do we have here?" he asks, as he stops before the Hydroponics entrance.

React in any way you like and post a plan for the "exploration" of the Hydroponics!
Lawrence allows himself a brief chuckle as he listens to superior's opening statements. "Hehe, right, crazy enough I suppose. I've read about the world up above all my life, I've seen it depicted as cartoons and films in the recreation area, and I've listened to it hundreds of times over and over. It's... it's strange really." A glimmer of light seems to shine in the mechanic's eyes as he looks up in a daydream of his, even Lawrence hasn't given up on his dreams of seeing the surface. "This has been my life, the vault and the people living in the vault, and it just doesn't seem to be enough now."

Lawrence quickly catches himself, forgetting he is speaking to his boss. "Not that I'm ungrateful for everything you all have done for us, the Overseer especially. I'm really glad to have been given the opportunity to learn about the surface world, even if it is through a limited means. But with that said, I cannot help but also feel a strange sense of entitlement to it, the surface, a case of ancestral pride perhaps? The more I learn about the world above and what it used to be like, the more I feel that it is my true home after all, or I guess was in this case..." A cautious smile gives the mechanic's words form, the raising of the eyebrow, an iconic facial gesture that shows that Lawrence is paying much more attention than usual.

When approaching the Hydroponics lab, no, even before that, when walking down the corridor to it, Lawrence pulls out the Geiger Counter handed to him and starts to take readings of the area. "Now, I'm REALLY hoping this thing doesn't go off, since the four of us was in the lab earlier with the creature. The doctor's quick examination earlier says that we are fine, but if there are traces of radiation in the air, we will need to have gas masks, or some other preventive measure in place." Lawrence knows that Mr. Rokossovsky knows this already, and feels slightly embarrassed for not keeping the thought to himself.

If the Geiger Counter does not go off right away when approaching the labs, Lawrence will take his boss to where the creature was left behind and go from there.

GreyWolfVT

#29 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Max greets Mario with a smile and stops to rub at his knee injure self inflicted from earlier "Marino" Max does some word play with Mario's name as well smiles jovially back "Wish it were so simple as to say just breaking curfew. I was not tired so I joined Lawrence on his night shift helping fix things up. When we heard a cry of anguish down near the hydroponic gardens to find some large mole rat thing attacking Quincy and Victoria. I helped kill the creature but we fear there may be more of them getting into the vault somehow. Don't suppose you'd be willing to assist me in recovering the creature for Doc Barnes?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#30 Post by Fulci »

3/6/2117 - 21:10

Lawrence

Alex Rokossovsky continues what is probably the longest non-maintenance-related conversation hes ever had with Lawrence.
"Ancestral pride? Definitely, uhh, an interesting way to put it. But who knows whether the surface dwellers garner similar feelings. You know, in a way, we are more 'ancestral'... I don't want to come over like some Nazi ideologist, but we here in the Vault are purer, closer to mankind as it was before the bombs struck... at least that's what Dr. Munro says."

The two mechanics cautiously enter the Hydroponic Garden. This used to be a place of calm & quiet, but after tonight's events, Lawrence just cannot look at it that way.

The Geiger Counter detects no traces of radiation.

"I'm very much interested to see the surface as well... but at the same time, I'm just very scared. This molerat is just a little glimpse of what awaits us. It's not only the mutant beasts I'm afraid of -- but our very kin, or what became of them."

Lawrence slowly leads Alex Rokossovsky to the place of the battle. In the dim lights of the Hydroponics, they see the heap of degenerate meat and skin and bone that was the molerat lying in a pool of blood. There is a sudden movement - and four of five smaller rats scatter in every direction, disappearing in a split second in the shadows. They were feasting on the body of their big brother...

"Oh my god, it's huge," Rokossovsky whispers. "We need to find its entry point, it must be visible."

The Vault Dwellers step closer to the molerat and examine it. It is indeed a huge monster: the body is at least a three or four feet long. There is already a smell of decay - though from what Quincy and Victoria told them, it is the "natural" odor of this beast. The molerat is covered in blood, dirt and the whitish foam from the fire extinguisher. Despite the mess, Lawrence (his senses heightened due to nighttime) notices a strange mark on the pale, semi-transparent skin of the molerat:
branding iron mark.png
branding iron mark.png (141.59 KiB) Viewed 1317 times
A sign of sorts, a crude letter 'G' in a circle. Its blackened edges show that it was burnt on the body of the beast!

---

Max Rokossovsky

Mario listens to Max's story with disbelief.
"Are you kidding?! I've been on security for ten years but never encountered a rat that you couldn't just stomp with your boots! Eh... Okay, what the hell, let's go. You can be a funny guy, fun to the Max-imum, but you are also kind of a nerd - no offence - when it comes to schedules and guarding, so you probably wouldn't want to upset old man Gross by interrupting my security route with some bogus molerat story..."
G A M E S :

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Rukellian »

Characters: Victoria James (FantasyChic), Lawrence (Rukellian),
Quincy (MonkeyWrench), Max Rokossovsky (GreyWolfVT)

Lawrence

The conversation that the two are sharing is bewildering in its self. Never had the young mechanic imagined that he would be spending one of his nights like this, making small chat with his superior while investigating the appearance of a monstrous rat! "Yes, I wonder about that too, how the people may have changed. I'd imagine there would be a level of technological regression in certain aspects of their society. We won't really know though until we actually go out and see it for ourselves."

"Hmmm, no radiation, even when approaching the creature, interesting... Does this suggest that it may have not have originated in the radioactive wastes above, assuming fallout has affected the wildlife to show such signs? And what's this now..."

Upon closer inspection of the creature, Lawrence's keen eyes pick up the semblance of a symbol on the rat's skin, even with the all the dirt, blood and foam covering it up. Putting on some work gloves, Lawrence brushes the debris aside with this hand and reveals the symbol for his boss to see.

"A letter in a circle, burnt into the skin? Hey didn't... didn't farmers brand their animals back in the old days to show ownership, like cows and such?" The mechanic turns his head towards Alex's direction while saying this, looking over his shoulder just slightly. "Ummm, I think I've even seen such branding practices on slaves too, reading up on old world slavery in the library and all that. Strange. Does this mark mean anything?" Lawrence's questions are said out loud but to no one in particular, a part of the mechanic's thinking process, but loud enough for his superior to hear.

"The dirt found on its skin, it suggests that it either was in some of the planters or burrowed into the vault through some opening. Considering its size, finding the hole it came out of should be a no brainer. With that said, did you want to wait for security to show up or shall we get a head start on the investigation?"

If given the green light, Lawrence will actively search the room now for dirt trails and any planters that may have been tampered with, keeping note that he just spotted five rats nearby. He will have his heavy wrench ready, having handed the Geiger Counter to his boss. (Would this just be a basic roll against his Perception?)

GreyWolfVT

#32 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Max "Of course I wouldn't disrupt the routine Mario. You know me all to well. Now lets go see about this molerat first or what do you think? You are the senior officer and on duty after all."
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Rukellian »

Perception Check against 7 (night) [1d10] = 6

Here is my roll for searching the Hydroponics Lab, a follow up post for my recent one.

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#34 Post by Fulci »

Lawrence

Alex Rokossovsky takes a closer look at the mark as well.
"Indeed... looks like our surface dwelling cousins are herding these beasts... Poor souls. The people, I mean. I have no idea what this might mean, other than, you know, what you said - a capital 'G', the owner's name maybe. And that would mean that some bare concepts of civilization do survive - you know, names, and the idea of owning something..."

The Head Mechanic looks around and listens: the low hum of the Hydroponic pumps, the sound of dripping water and nothing else.

Rokossovsky Senior flicks on the Geiger Counter and starts scanning the area.
"Let's start the survey. Carefully, though. Also, no wrench heroics. If you see any beasts, shout and run."

Lawrence methodically follows the traces left by the molerat - and slowly reconstructs some frightening details of the fight Quincy and Victoria had to put up. There is plenty of blood on the concrete floors, and also some grayish bile - presumably molerat brain matter... Lawrence carefully squeezes himself through the tight "alley" between the wall and one of the glasshouses. He finds the empty place of the fire extinguisher his friends used as a weapon. Lawrence, being Lawrence, of course, makes a quick note in his Pip Boy: replace Hydroponics #3 extinguisher, but a mental note too: distribute self-defense items all over the freakin' Vault...

In the corner of the Hydroponic Garden, Lawrence finds an unoccupied circular planting pool, submerged into the ground and forming some sort of a small pond. There's a chewed up rat floating on its surface... Judging by the blood marks, this is where the molerat first attacked Victoria and Quincy. Lawrence looks around, and spots that at the far wall there's a ventilation outlet: the protective grating fell off. The gaping hole is probably enough for the molerat to push through - these beasts are used to squeezing through tight tunnels.

---

Max

The two guards descend to Level 4. In the elevator Max is treated to a dose of Mario's jokes (e.g. "how many Vault Overseers does it take to change a Vault-Tec standard issue fluorescent light unit? -- None, they have nerdy minions to do that!"), but the guard-on-duty seems okay and collaborative. They go straight to Hydroponics and find Alex Rokossovsky circling around the dead molerat with a Geiger Counter.

Seeing the fallen beast fills Max with a sort of pride, after all, he fulfilled his duty as a protector of the Vault!

"What the...?" cries Mario. "You certainly weren't lying, Mak! Hi, Mr. Rokossovsky, how's it hangin'?"

Max's father just nods and continues scanning.

"Let me finish with this, than we can drag this thing over to the Lab. You two - maybe check in on Lawrence, he's back there, looking for entry points."
G A M E S :

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rukellian »

Lawrence puts away his wrench, never one to disobey orders. He pulls out a small flashlight, shining it over dark areas and corners. When he spots the ventilation shaft, he cautiously approaches it, shining the flash light's light upon it. Before he advances, Lawrence raises his voice and lets his boss know of his discovery. "I think I found something, ventilation outlet. The grate covering it was forced off. Going to get a closer look."

Knowing Lawrence's height and weight, does it look like he could fit into the opening if he wanted to go in for some reason?
Height: 1.83 m
Weight: 178 lbs

GreyWolfVT

#36 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Max obeys his father heading over flashlight out helping Lawrence search. "Lawrence lets see what you found here. I've a bad feeling you are right. I bet that molerat got in thorough here."

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#37 Post by Fulci »

Lawrence might be able to fit in, but would get stuck instantly. The molerat's body is genetically more capable of moving through these tight places.

While examining the ventilation outlet, Lawrence quickly goes through the information he knows about the Vault's air exchange system. The Vault's air system was, if possible, an even tougher problem to solve than the supply of food, electricity and water. To put it simply, it's easier to drink the same water again and again, but you cannot purify and re-circulate the same air for decades. So the Vault-Tec architects had to find a way to "import" doses of air from the surface from time to time. Of course, that air goes through many stages of purification: it is filtered, passed through liquid and radiation-binding materials... A system so complex, even Lawrence doesn't understand all the details. But he gathers, that, in case of malfunction or physical damage, these air shafts might prove a possible entry point to the Vault...

Besides, he wonders, the Vaults were designed, after all, with a limited life-cycle in mind. He's never seen this referenced in the open-access Vault-Tec logs and manuals, but it seemed obvious to him. Sooner or later the Dwellers have to leave the safety of the Vault (which is slowly falling apart, degrading) and establish themselves on the surface.

Max and Mario also examine the shaft's opening. There are claw marks in the concrete - another sign of the molerat coming through, probably pushing out the grate from the inside. Under the outlet, there's some mud and dust.
G A M E S :

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Rukellian »

The mechanic's mind filters through years of book knowledge of air filtration and ventilation systems as he gazes into the narrow opening. Even with his highly trained mind, he still feels weary touching upon higher grade scientific subjects. 'The processes and technologies that were developed to maintain an enclosed air supply.... I was hoping it wouldn't come to this. I always glossed over those parts, thinking: 'Oh, I wouldn't be able to reach those areas anyways if it did break, leave it up to someone else...''

Lawrence lets out a deep sigh as he stands up again stretches his legs and arms. "Damn. If I understand how the air exchange system works in this vault, this one will be hard one to fix." Lawrence points towards the crawl space. "If the big mole rat came through this opening, from the surface," - he makes sure to explain the brand mark he found on the creature - "then that suggests a part of the tightly built and very hard to reach air purification and or pump system has broken, been damaged, or malfunctioned. The vault is supposed to be hermetically sealed when it comes to things like air and water, self-sufficient. If one of its parts breaks down and we can't get to it..." Lawrence furrows his brows and looks to the ground, hands now on his hips. "No, first things first, I tell my superior about this, see what he knows. Perhaps we can still fix this yet, find the opening it came through. Judging from the dirt and claw marks here, it seems like the best place to start."

If Max or Mario has nothing to say about it to Lawrence, the mechanic will leave the vent under their watch while he informs his superior of his discovery and quick conclusion of the situation. "If I were to try to get in there, I might be able to squeeze in, but then I would get stuck."

GreyWolfVT

#39 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Max "I can understand how a creature such as that molerat could get in through there Lawrence but I think we would be better having someone do the unthinkable and search the area from outside. Which means that the overseer would have to authorize opening the vault door." hoping Max has not admitted too much and said more than he should he swallows hard and heads back to his father.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Max "I can understand how a creature such as that molerat could get in through there Lawrence but I think we would be better having someone do the unthinkable and search the area from outside. Which means that the overseer would have to authorize opening the vault door." hoping Max has not admitted too much and said more than he should he swallows hard and heads back to his father.
Lawrence shoots a very worried look towards Max, a look that says 'did you just say what I think you said?' "You've must of had a long day friend. Asking for the impossible like that, you know how the Overseer can get. Perhaps you should get some rest and wake with a clear mind?"

Lawrence knows Max's current way of thinking is dangerous amongst the vault community. He tries his best to stop his friend from getting into any unnecessary trouble... though, it would be on him really, the mechanic thinks to himself and shrugs.

Return to “Vaults & Wastelands - Fallout PnP”