Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 132 lbs

Level:
Experience:

ST: 4
PE: 7
EN: 3
CH: 9 (+1 to Reaction on opposite sex, -1 to Reaction on same sex)
IN: 7
AG: 5
LK: 5

Hit Points: 25
Carry Weight: 125 lbs
Action Points: 7
Sequence: 14
Melee Damage: 1
Critical Chance: 5%
Healing Rate: 1 + 2 (Trait Bonus) = 3
Poison Resist: 0%
Radiation Resist: 0%
Gas Resist: 0/0
Electricity Resist: 30%
Armor Class: 5%

Code: Select all

Damage Resistances:
DT      DR
Normal:
Laser:
Fire:
Plasma:
Explode:

-SKILLS-
Small Guns (TAG): 25% + 20% = 45%
Big Guns: 10%
Energy Weapons: 10%
Unarmed: 49%
Melee Weapons: 39%
Throwing: 20%
First Aid: 20%
Doctor: 19%
Sneak: 20%
Lockpick(TAG): 22% + 20% = 42%
Steal: 15%
Traps: 22%
Science: 28%
Repair: 18%
Pilot: 24%
Speech (TAG): 45% + 20%(tagged bonus) = 65% (+40% reaction to opposite sex, -40% reaction to same sex)
Barter: 36%
Gambling: 25%
Outdoorsman: 20%

Traits:
Sex Appeal - This trait increases your chances of having a good reaction with members of the opposite sex. Unfortunately, this trait tends to annoy members of your sex. Jealous twits. When interacting with members of the opposite sex, you gain a 1 point bonus to Charisma for reactions only. When making Speech and Barter rolls, you gain a 40% bonus for each. When interacting with members of the same sex, you have a 1 point penalty to Charisma for reactions only and have a 40% penalty to both Speech and Barter rolls. Only humans can choose this trait.

Fast Metabolism - Your metabolic rate is twice normal. This means that you are much less resistant to radiation and poison, but your body heals faster. You get a 2 point bonus to Healing Rate, but your Radiation and Poison Resistance start at 0% (racial modifiers are added later).

Biography: Victoria knows the underground. She knows the reinforced walls, the overhead lights, the blue jumpsuits. She knows it all well. It's all she's ever known. Raised by a single mother who wanted the best for her daughter, Victoria grew up in the Vault with little knowledge of the outside, other than the horrors she's been told.

Growing up, Victoria has been a people pleaser. Knowing what to say in the right moments, batting her eyelashes, and giving her winning smile has gotten Victoria much in the way of her wishes. A brown-noser to some, a diplomat to others, her wishes are her own.

Graceful and smart, Victoria may not be ready for life outside of the Vault, but the Wasteland isn't ready for her either.

Let me know if this needs to be changed. Otherwise, here's my gal
Last edited by FantasyChic on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!

-Dr. Seuss

FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Character creation

#22 Post by FantasyChic »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Not everyone has MS Office to use excel btw ;)
How does one do that exactly? I've googled nonstop and all I can find is Microsoft Office
Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!

-Dr. Seuss

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#23 Post by Scott308 »

I think he meant not everyone can use Excel because they don't have Office, not that some people use a different program. As far as I know, Excel can only be used with Office.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Rukellian »

So we've got a sweet talker too! Nice 8-) This team build is starting to shape up nicely, I must say. Excited to see how we will all begin. :)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#25 Post by FantasyChic »

Yeah, I like being the diplomatic character. I also have her pegged as someone who, in the future hopefully, will be a sniper. A sniper who can charm you is pretty deadly :)

-Dr. Seuss

Scott308

#26 Post by Scott308 »

Here is my character. I hope FantasyChic and MonkeyWrench don't mind me naming their characters in my background. If you do, let me know and I'll change it.
Name: Zachariah "Zack" Lofftin
Sex: M
Race: Human
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Green
Height: 5'9"
Weight:135

Level:1
Experience:0

ST: 4
PE: 7
EN: 5
CH: 4
IN: 5
AG: 8
LK: 7

Hit Points: 29
Carry Weight:125
Action Points:9
Sequence: 14
Melee Damage:1
Critical Chance:7%
Healing Rate:1
Poison Resist:25%
Radiation Resist:10%
Gas Resist:00/00
Electricity Resist:30%
Armor Class:8

Code: Select all

Damage Resistances:
		     DT	   DR
Normal:
Laser:
Fire:
Plasma:
Explode:
-SKILLS-
Small Guns: 37
Big Guns:16
Energy Weapons:16
Unarmed:54
Melee Weapons: 44
Throwing:32
First Aid:24
Doctor:16
Sneak (TAG):49
Lockpick (TAG):45
Steal (TAG):44
Traps:25
Science:20
Repair: 20
Pilot:30
Speech: 20
Barter:16
Gambling:35
Outdoorsman: 20

Zack isn't enamored of vault dwelling. At the age of 16, the G.O.A.T. assigned him the job of Garbage Burner. Knowing he was going to be stuck in the vault, working at the same lame job for the rest of his life, Zack chose not to apply himself in school. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, the only effort he put in was attempting to cheat off of Victoria and then Quincy until they each advanced, leaving him to struggle on his own. Eventually, he was able to finish school on his own (or the teachers were sick of him and graduated him anyway, depending on your point of view). On the rare occasion when he does show up for work, he tends to sit around and do nothing. Most of the time, however, he hangs out and gets into trouble. He has had a few run-ins with Vault Security, although mostly just minor crimes: vandalism, petty larceny, littering... Zack is on a fast track to nowhere, and the longer he stays in the vault, the more disenfranchised and problematic he will become. The odds of him ever becoming a productive member of vault society are slim and dwindling each year. If he could somehow just get out of here...but that is impossible. Nobody ever leaves the vault.
Last edited by Scott308 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#27 Post by FantasyChic »

I do not mind, in fact I think that makes a good amount of sense.

Also I realized I never gave any indication of what Victoria's job would be. I leave that up to our GM to decide. I wouldn't know where to start.

-Dr. Seuss

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I didn't name names in mine but I understand we are all from the same vault and were around each other for all of our lives thus far so I just referenced everyone as "Friends" so forgive me for not diving into more details as of stories relating to anyone specifically :)
It does make sense though.

Going back yes you are correct I meant that we cannot use the excel sheet unless we specifically have Microsoft Office. Sometimes Google can figure it out if you upload it to the google drive though it converts it to a Google Spread Sheet if I recall correctly.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#29 Post by FantasyChic »

Doesn't matter regardless. I finished my sheet.

And I purposefully left people out because I figured we'd explain our relationships in an introductory post or something.

-Dr. Seuss

FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#30 Post by FantasyChic »

I'm excited about this! I want this to be a thing so bad.

I think if me and Scott get accepted that's all the people right?

-Dr. Seuss

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#31 Post by Fulci »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
FantasyChic wrote:Before I finish, can someone explain something to me. I am working on skills and I am wondering something. When it says that a skill is a % plus whatever, does that mean you add .1 to the skill? As in if my ST and AG equal 9 and you add 10% to it, it would be 9.1%? Just kind of confused on that.

And I would do it on Excel, but I don't have Excel at the moment.
No, you make it all a % number so it is 9 + 10 = 19% :) hope that clears that part up.
Yeah, skill "percentages" are like points on a 1-100 scale, so you just add them up.

This is an issue I didn't except! So I went through the skills again, and noticed that, GreyWolfVT, you have a weird Small Guns skill rating: 49.4%! :o I missed this the first time. You Small Guns should be 5 + (4 x AG) = 32, +20 for the Tag = 52%. Oh, those pesky percents! Please, recalculate your skills.

I uploaded the Excel sheet to Google docs:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
The basic math works, but you cannot Tag the skills. So if you use it to calculate skill ratings, just add the +20 points for the Tag afterwards.
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]

FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by FantasyChic »

I didn't need the Excel sheet regardless. I think I managed just fine. Just need approval :)

-Dr. Seuss

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#33 Post by Fulci »

FantasyChic wrote:I think if me and Scott get accepted that's all the people right?
Yes!

I'm going through your character sheets (and re-check the old ones for any possible percentage misreads and the works). I like how we have a proper "party" - with each character having a different specialization!

After everybody's accepted, we begin the first phase of the game: Vault-life 101, where we set up the relations between characters and NPCs (both in-game and out of the game). Scott already outlined this in his background, good job!
G A M E S :

GreyWolfVT

#34 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fulci wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:
FantasyChic wrote:Before I finish, can someone explain something to me. I am working on skills and I am wondering something. When it says that a skill is a % plus whatever, does that mean you add .1 to the skill? As in if my ST and AG equal 9 and you add 10% to it, it would be 9.1%? Just kind of confused on that.

And I would do it on Excel, but I don't have Excel at the moment.
No, you make it all a % number so it is 9 + 10 = 19% :) hope that clears that part up.
Yeah, skill "percentages" are like points on a 1-100 scale, so you just add them up.

This is an issue I didn't except! So I went through the skills again, and noticed that, GreyWolfVT, you have a weird Small Guns skill rating: 49.4%! :o I missed this the first time. You Small Guns should be 5 + (4 x AG) = 32, +20 for the Tag = 52%. Oh, those pesky percents! Please, recalculate your skills.

I uploaded the Excel sheet to Google docs:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
The basic math works, but you cannot Tag the skills. So if you use it to calculate skill ratings, just add the +20 points for the Tag afterwards.
That should be the only one like that, corrected it.
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#35 Post by Fulci »

Okay, character review time!

@Scott308
Check your Hit points!
The formula is 15 + (STR + (2 X EN)) = 15 + (4 + (2 x 5)) = 29!

You haven't picked any Traits! They can give you some interesting bonuses (of course, disadvantages too). They are optional, though, so if you don't like them, you can stay Trait-less.

@FantasyChic
Your Lockpick skill should be 42% (there's a typo in the result).

Please, corrects these things, and then both of you may post your sheets in the finished characters' topic!
G A M E S :

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#36 Post by Fulci »

FantasyChic wrote:Victoria knows the underground. She knows the reinforced walls, the overhead lights, the blue jumpsuits. She knows it all well. It's all she's ever known. Raised by a single mother who wanted the best for her daughter, Victoria grew up in the Vault with little knowledge of the outside, other than the horrors she's been told.
The wording of your backstory reminded me of this song:
Fever Ray - Concrete Walls
G A M E S :

Scott308

#37 Post by Scott308 »

Fulci wrote: This is an issue I didn't except! So I went through the skills again, and noticed that, GreyWolfVT, you have a weird Small Guns skill rating: 49.4%! :o I missed this the first time. You Small Guns should be 5 + (4 x AG) = 32, +20 for the Tag = 52%. Oh, those pesky percents! Please, recalculate your skills.
Actually, it should be 53%.

Scott308

#38 Post by Scott308 »

Fulci wrote:Okay, character review time!

@Scott308
Check your Hit points!
The formula is 15 + (STR + (2 X EN)) = 15 + (4 + (2 x 5)) = 29!

You haven't picked any Traits! They can give you some interesting bonuses (of course, disadvantages too). They are optional, though, so if you don't like them, you can stay Trait-less.
Fixed my hit points. 5 was what was listed on the Excel sheet, so I went with it. Didn't realize it was way off. I purposely did not choose any traits. I didn't really like the negatives enough to pick any. Although, Bloody Mess doesn't have any negative impact on my stats...

FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#39 Post by FantasyChic »

We got our group! We got a nice, well-rounded bunch of people. Looking forward to our first post.

-Dr. Seuss

GreyWolfVT

#40 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scott308 wrote:
Fulci wrote: This is an issue I didn't except! So I went through the skills again, and noticed that, GreyWolfVT, you have a weird Small Guns skill rating: 49.4%! :o I missed this the first time. You Small Guns should be 5 + (4 x AG) = 32, +20 for the Tag = 52%. Oh, those pesky percents! Please, recalculate your skills.
Actually, it should be 53%.
yeah you are right.

Return to “Vaults & Wastelands - Fallout PnP”