XIV. Kobold Lair - Underground I

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: XIV. Kobold Lair - Underground I

#141 Post by onlyme »

Fulp agrees.
We already learned them rats are more deadly than kobolds.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#142 Post by Alethan »

Ciar stops removing barricade material and pauses in careful consideration.

Then he steps away from the barricade after replacing the last piece he'd removed.

"So there were rats up above... probably trained as 'guards' of sorts? This must be where they keep the rest. Or the little ones. Or... whatever. But it doesn't seem like this is leading up to that balcony, just to a small cave of rats we don't need to deal with. Leliana is right. Let's just get on with those buggers up high. Agreed?"

If nobody argues, he replaces the rest of the barricade that he'd removed, then asks, "OK, so one option is to try and sneak past. I suspect that isn't going to work." He glances over at the overly armoured dwarf with a wink. "What are our other options? Sparrow, you have more of that fire breathing potion, yes? So there's that... I suppose I could also sneak back over and make some noise where they can't see me, try and draw them out? Maybe they will reveal the manner in which they get up there."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#143 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sparrow answers.

Yes, I do have 2 more sips of the deadly fire potion. I would like to save them for extreme situations but, If this encounter goes bad, I have no problem frying up a few more varmints. He looks to Nighttail. No offense meant to you, of course.

He continues on after Ciar offers to act as bait. If you're sure you want to do that, I think it would be as good as any option I've heard so far. If we can figure out how they got up there, it will be easier to eliminate them.

I can pick them off with arrows from a distance and if a bunch more show up to the party, I will fry the lot of them.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#144 Post by dmw71 »

Ciar spends a minute or two and carefully replaces some of the tinder he previously removed from the barricade. Once the small cave has been secured again, the group agrees that crossing the walkway, and potentially dealing with the kobolds on the ledge, is the way to proceed. The area is not far from the barricade, and the group hurries their return somewhat aware that the druid's spell only lasts a limited duration and, if they hope to take advantage of it, will need to act quickly.
Ledge.png
Ledge.png (14.89 KiB) Viewed 860 times
Actions?

There have been a few ideas tossed about, but I will need something concrete to go on before moving any/everyone.

Rolls:
None.

---

Date: 7 Neth, Year 4707
Time: 19:39 (Sunrise: 06:41, Sunset: 16:52)
Temp: 57F outside (55F in lair)
Conditions: Winds, E 11mph
Light Sources: Everlit torch (Sparrow), Everlit torch (Sorsha, Fulp Ciar)
Known Spells in Effect: Bless (Sylvan; ends 19:42).
Spells Remaining: Sylvan (priest-1st: 4, 3, 2)
* Note: Spell-casting character will be listed above only after they reveal themselves to be casters.

Health
Good: Grim, Leliana, Sorsha, Sylvan
Fair: Ciar, Fulp, Sparrow
Serious: None
Critical: None
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#145 Post by FantasyChic »

Leliana fiddles with her dagger on her side "I'm down for flying and frying them. Little bastards." She gave no notice to Nighttail, who frankly, was overstaying her welcome.
Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!

-Dr. Seuss

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by AleBelly »

Sylvan ponders Ciar's idea, rubbing his fingers in his pouch of flowers and sniffing them distractedly. "I will be of little help with my weaponry, but I will wait under cover with our healing wand and tend to those in need."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#147 Post by Alethan »

Sensing no argument with his plan of distraction, Ciar goes forward with it.

"I'll sneak over and move around the corner. You lot be ready. I'll start making noises over there to see if I can draw them out. Let's wait to see if at least two or three will come out before you do anything. I'll stay out of line of sight of you so feel free to fire arrows or throw stones or do whatever it is you do."
Then Ciar once again slips down into the right pit, moves to the other side, and then climbs back up. Once he is there, he slips over to 22 and begins making slight rustling noises, intentionally scraping metal against stone, clinking coins. He doesn't want it to sound too obvious that he's making noise, but wants to attract the kobolds' attention.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#148 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sparrow moves up to get a line of sight on any kobolds that show themselves 8 and readies a few arrows. He waits for the halflings distraction to work before he fires.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by onlyme »

Fulp again readies his newly found arrows, hoping to get a lucky shot if they poke their necks out. Or, at least keep the kobolds from aggressively firing back.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by tooleychris »

Sorsha will grip her throwing knives and keep an eye on their kobold friend

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#151 Post by saalaria »

Not able to get a clear shot through all the traffic, the good dwarf is content to watch the rear for trouble.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#152 Post by dmw71 »

"I'll sneak over and move around the corner. You lot be ready. I'll start making noises over there to see if I can draw them out," Ciar volunteers. "Let's wait to see if at least two or three will come out before you do anything," he adds before slipping down into the pit and begins to silently make his way to the other side.

Those nearest the edge on the current side watch as the halfling successfully navigates his way across the pit and manages to climb back up the other side without incident. Then, as expected, he disappears around the corner and begins making the expected noises, hoping to draw the kobolds out. Despite the occasional rustling, and scraping, and clinking sounds, halfling is unable to attract the attention of any kobolds.
Ciar.png
Ciar.png (15.16 KiB) Viewed 823 times
Actions?

Rolls:
None.

---

Time: 19:51 (Sunrise: 06:41, Sunset: 16:52)
Known Spells in Effect: None.
* Note: Spell-casting character will be listed above only after they reveal themselves to be casters.

Health
-- Project --
-- DM --

FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#153 Post by FantasyChic »

Leliana keeps an eye on the rear, but she pays special attention to their kolbold friend to make sure it doesn't do anything funny.
Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!

-Dr. Seuss

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#154 Post by saalaria »

"Time to stop messin' - let's just go in and get 'em. Can't be done with all this hanging around!"

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#155 Post by onlyme »

Fulp volunteers to go the same route, as long as someone with a light source goes before him.

I assume he could make his way to the other side, using what light is casting that direction, but not once he is over to the other side.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by tooleychris »

Sorsha, on her turn, will quietly try to dart up the center. ( squares 8-17)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#157 Post by Alethan »

Ciar tries to make more noise, then, actually getting out a torch and lighting it.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#158 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sparrow moves to 8 to allow any others to pass if theyd like. He remains patient with his bow ready.

If the action from the others draw out ant kobolds, he fires at them with his bow.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#159 Post by dmw71 »

Ciar, unaware of the plans of the rest of the group, continues to make noise in an attempt to draw the kobolds out, but is unable to get any to present themselves.

Sparrow moves up and allows those behind him to pass while he continues to target the ledge above with his bow. Fulp moves to the edge of the ledge overlooking the pit below, and contemplates following Ciar's course, and awaits someone behind him to provide a source of light. Sorsha, not waiting, splits the pits on either side and creeps down the middle of the walkway towards the other side, and manages to reach it without incident, and seemingly without drawing any attention from overhead. Once on the opposite side, she witnesses the 5-foot-wide shaft with a knotted rope hanging down to another lower level first hand.

Back on the original side, Sylvan continues to wield the healing wand, prepared to administer aid in the event it is needed, while Grim, Nighttail, and Leliana fill the space created by their advancing companions. The elven maiden is able to completely back out of the main passageway, and keeps a close eye on their kobold companion, who remains silent.
Sorsha.jpg
Sorsha.jpg (28.13 KiB) Viewed 801 times
Actions?

Rolls:
None.

---

Time: 19:55 (Sunrise: 06:41, Sunset: 16:52)
Known Spells in Effect: None.

Health
-- Project --
-- DM --

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by AleBelly »

Sylvan shrugs his shoulders and crosses the pit on the 5' wide ledge. He will make his way across as quickly as possible, then wave to the others to cross too if nothing bad happens.

Return to “Dave's 2E Sandbox”