Welcome to "Bloodlines"

Rhourk
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Welcome to "Bloodlines"

#1 Post by Rhourk »

Black Obsidian is a hard act to follow. Right off the bat there will be stylistic differences between Chris and I as DMs. But it's all good. DMs are hard to come by good DMs even more so. You have two great DMs, it's like hitting the table-top lottery. I'll start to dump a lot of background on you. It will almost always be in the form of a story, because I like writing stories. They may come quickly, or there may be a little time between them as the world pulls at us all. But they will come, and they all are there for a reason. I know of one that's coming up, and you will all scratch your heads and think "this must be a mistake", it's not.

Right off the bat some questions.

You will all be human. But you will all be from different places. You will get abilities

Don't roll stats. Looking at the stats that we already have there is too much of a difference. Characters should be different but 10 to 12 more stats points is an outrageous advantage when you consider where the bonuses come in the ability score range. 12 points basically means your character is +1 to every roll in the game over the character on his right or left, and it just doesn't work. It will cause encounters to be overly balanced towards certain characters and the game suffer.

Try this. Take 80 points and divide it however you like for your character. No racial bonuses ( those are in the 80). See what kind of stats you can make with that.

I will post about classes later, bur right now I have this.

George = Rogue
Bridget = Cleric
Fred = Barbarian
Chris O = Warlock
CHris E = in conversation with me.

Does anyone strongly want to play two characters? Does anyone strongly not want to play two characters, just asking.

Craig
Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Welcome to "Bloodlines"

#2 Post by Agnati »

If a Warlock isn't being played:
Morïor, Female human Warlock
Str 15 (+2)
Int 10 (+0)
Wis 11 (+0)
Dex 13 (+1)
Con 14 (+2)
Cha 17 (+3)

If a Warlock is already in play:
Vis (pronounced "V"), male Monk
Str 14 +2
Int 11 +0
Wis 15 +2
Dex 16 +3
Con 14 +2
Cha 10 +0

I'll be seeing Bridget on Sunday and will be teaching her how to roll her stats with dice, then she can post hers. I do know that she mentioned being most comfortable playing another cleric of some kind.
Last edited by Agnati on Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by Rhourk »

Monks will be from far away, more on that later. Your name is Nori, it's as close as you're going to get.
Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Agnati »

Rhourk wrote:Monks will be from far away, more on that later. Your name is Nori, it's as close as you're going to get.
Fair enough! Though if I play two characters, both named Nori, they could be called Noris, collectively, yes? lol j/k

My urge to play two characters isn't "strong", but it bumps that line. If DM or party wants another class in the party, I'm up for it. If not, nothing lost.
Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Tungsten »

I am trying to decide between Human and High Elf. Did you say that Elves were frowned upon or rare or something?
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Rhourk »

Tungsten wrote:I am trying to decide between Human and High Elf. Did you say that Elves were frowned upon or rare or something?
There are no elven PCs. And no elves that any PC has ever heard of.

You will all be human, and be distinguished by your homeland, with bonuses specific to each.

For example as a Zomorian thief (Zamora is also our starting location), you will start with the Dungeon Delver feat and have a stat bonus of +2 dexterity.
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Rhourk »

Fred is a Cimmerian Barbarian. He will start with +1 to strength and con and the Tough feat.
Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by Tungsten »

Zomorian sounds awesome.
Should we even mess around with backgrounds?
I was playing around with the notion of being a Sailor!!!
Also what Deities/ Pantheons should we favor?
Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by Tungsten »

Of course I read that first Bloodline post AFTER I ROLL UP A CHARACTER!!!! DOH!!!!
Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#10 Post by Johnny Champion »

I like to play a Human Wizard, thief or a Fighter. Don't want to play a Warlock if possible.

Are wizards PCs not open at this point? If they aren't, I rather play a Fighter or a Thief.

What are our alignment range?

I like the idea of not adding +1 to every stat. I rather play a PC with some issues.
(80pts?)

S: 14
I: 15
W:11
D:12
C: 12
Ch:16

Choice 1: Wizard, (Necromancer or Enchanter)
Choice 2: Fighter, (open to type)
Choice 3: Rogue, (Thief) or assassin in CN alignment allowed
Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Agnati »

Johnny Champion wrote: I like the idea of not adding +1 to every stat. I rather play a PC with some issues.
(80pts?)

Should be able to use any leftover ability score points to convert to inspiration die or something. lol
Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by Johnny Champion »

Rhourk wrote: Characters should be different but 10 to 12 more stats points is an outrageous advantage when you consider where the bonuses come in the ability score range. 12 points basically means your character is +1 to every roll in the game over the character on his right or left, and it just doesn't work. It will cause encounters to be overly balanced towards certain characters and the game suffer.
Chris: Which PC rolled +12 pts higher than the lowest PC?

Sorry about the delay getting on the forum. I just subscribed and should now be getting notifications.
Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#13 Post by Tungsten »

My Thief is CN so I hope that is Kosher
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by Rhourk »

Tungsten wrote:My Thief is CN so I hope that is Kosher
Sure, he will probably be the moral compass of the group.
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by Rhourk »

Johnny Champion wrote:
Rhourk wrote: Characters should be different but 10 to 12 more stats points is an outrageous advantage when you consider where the bonuses come in the ability score range. 12 points basically means your character is +1 to every roll in the game over the character on his right or left, and it just doesn't work. It will cause encounters to be overly balanced towards certain characters and the game suffer.
Chris: Which PC rolled +12 pts higher than the lowest PC?

Sorry about the delay getting on the forum. I just subscribed and should now be getting notifications.
Do I have to add notifications to the forum?
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#16 Post by Rhourk »

Johnny Champion wrote:I like to play a Human Wizard, thief or a Fighter. Don't want to play a Warlock if possible.

Are wizards PCs not open at this point? If they aren't, I rather play a Fighter or a Thief.

I like the idea of not adding +1 to every stat. I rather play a PC with some issues.
(80pts?)

A PC wizard is not only allowed, it's preferred. I was really worried that no one wanted to play one. Necromancer or enchanter are both great ideas. Enchanters are surprising powerful in my humble opinion, and of course Necros always lead to fun plot developments.

Alignment is up to you, but the group is trending neutral and south of neutral at this point. And you are starting your adventuring career as tomb raiders, bent on getting rich.
Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#17 Post by Tungsten »

Not that we are Holy by any stretch but who should we pray to for fame and fortune?
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by Rhourk »

Tungsten wrote:Not that we are Holy by any stretch but who should we pray to for fame and fortune?
Not a bad prayer at all to Bel God of fotune and trickery, patron of thieves.
Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by Agnati »

Rhourk wrote:
Johnny Champion wrote:I like to play a Human Wizard, thief or a Fighter. Don't want to play a Warlock if possible.

(80pts?)

A PC wizard is not only allowed, it's preferred. I was really worried that no one wanted to play one. Necromancer or enchanter are both great ideas. Enchanters are surprising powerful in my humble opinion, and of course Necros always lead to fun plot developments.

Alignment is up to you, but the group is trending neutral and south of neutral at this point. And you are starting your adventuring career as tomb raiders, bent on getting rich.
Pic is large. Posting a link out of courtesy. lol
Check it out: http://i.imgur.com/fXLS1kp.png
Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#20 Post by Tungsten »

Chris I clicked on that link. I only have one question: What the hell was that link????

Return to “Bloodlines: D&D 5th Ed”