Part 2: The Roads ahead

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Part 2: The Roads ahead

#21 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - AC 3 HP: 12/14:
thesniperknight1 wrote:Pheras sat on his chair bug-eyed, "L-Lord? your father is a lord? you are the son of a lord?", he contemplated wether he should bow again but he stopped halfway and sat back down, "I have never met a lord before, what...what do I call you?"
Says,

"You call me Rician Lockwindberg, i have no need of titles."
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by Nuke66 »

"Dark, the darker the better. It would be perfect if you can stand a spoon in it. And, lamb sounds good." Mathias answers.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#23 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The barmaid/serving woman: "Very well. Horton a dark ale for our dwarf guest here please. I've to run to the kitchen to grab a leg of lamb." before turning to head off to the kitchen she looks back at Rician, Canis, Arastor & Pheras. "Would any of you gentlemen like something to eat? I am heading off to the kitchen now if you need anything I can get it for you. We have leg of lamb, or meat on bread if you'd like and we may still have some porridge from this morning or eggs if you are interested."

Horton (The Bartender): walks back to the left keg on the left grabs a mug gives it a wipe with his rag and fills it to the rim with some of the darkest ale ever seen. Almost like good dwarven ale from back home. He the walks over to the bar and sets it in front of Mathias. "This won't be as good as what you are accustomed to good dwarf but we actually brew this right here in town. Tell me what you think."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#24 Post by thesniperknight1 »

"Alright, lor....sir...ummm Rician, it was a pleasure meeting you", he smiled awkwardly.

He turns to Canis, "I am sorry for your lost, I hope I am proven to be more sturdy that your last mage. S-sorry but I didn't catch your name good sir".

When the barmaid asked, Pheras simply sipped his tea in an attempt to look natural.
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Canis(Crow), "They didn't die, just left for brighter horizons." Canis(Crow) takes another sip from his glass, "My names Canis."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#26 Post by thesniperknight1 »

"Oh, well anyway, Sir Canis, it's pleasure meeting you"
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Canis(Crow) simply nods his head to the mage before looking to Rician, "We should head out soon."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The barmaid takes that to mean a know and heads off to get the leg of lamb for the dwarf. She returns a moment later with a large leg of lamb on a plate with some steaming baked potatoes sets it in front of the dwarf and sets off to cleaning tables. Just as she turns and leaves a tall man with hair Midnight black with blue eyes. Monster of a Man lumbers in through the Tavern/Inn door kicking the dirt of his boots looking a bit down like he missed a big fight. Dram that is your entrance my friend.

Krakus Firegut you enter a inn that doubles as a tavern and a working girl house. You see a dwarf at the bar eating a leg of lamb and drinking some dark looking ale. The central table is a rogueish looking fellow sitting beside a likely paladin or holly warrior of sorts, and a elf wearing robes of a mage. Another man that appears more of a woodsman or ranger. They all except the ranger or woodsman appear to be talking at the table and drinking. The dwarf appears to be left unnoticed by anyone except the barmaid and the bartender.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by ybn1197 »

Arastor continues to sit at the table keeping his own council, slowly sipping at his drink. The encounter with the human bandits bolstered his dislike of his father's race yet he has grown to respect individuals like Rician who have honor and purpose. And while Arastor preferred to favor his mother's race, this Pheras did not seem to be the ideal elf either. While Arastor believed the elves were confident and strong, this Pheras seemed to be neither. Hopefully his magic was stronger than his personality.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by Nuke66 »

Mathias grabs his mug of ale and takes a rather large drink. He sets it back down and exhales. "That is a fine ale barkeep. Just enough of a bite at the end. I just might need to meet the brewer of this one. Seems he is only a handful or two of hops from a good dwarven stout."

He turns as the sun is blocked from the doorway, slightly impressed from the size of the man.

GreyWolfVT

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Horton (Bartender): smiles and is quite pleased. "Well that is great I shall inform the brew master. He should be quite pleased. It's brewed it what used to be the local tavern. Just the next building north of us." Horton points out the window behind him. "Talk to Flornin if you're headed north from here. He's my brother and the brew master." and the bartender goes back to wiping the glasses and bar with his rag.

The Barmaid returns to the table "Everything all well here? You fellas need anything more? Hope the coffee is not to strong you looked as if you needed it." she says to Arastor. "Why you looked as if you might fall asleep right in the chair." she says with a smile. Then checks on the dwarf "Are you alright as well master dwarf?" then she notices the large man that just walked in "Oh my your a big one. Have a seat where you wish sir and if you need anything to eat or drink let myself or Horton know." she says then goes over to the bar and has a conversation with Horton the bartender.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Dram »

Krakus walks in lays his large black battle axe against the bar. Good evening sir, I am terribly hungry and tired from my long journey. That lamb looks mighty appetizing do you have anymore? I'll have your biggest mug of ale along with that plate of food. He looks around the inn to look at the patrons. Hmmm? He grabs his axe and moves around to the corner of the bar Where he can watch all the inns patrons.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#33 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Horton Sure thing good sir. Della can you go fetch another leg of lamb for our new patron here while I get his ale?" the bartender asks the barmaid. He then turns back to the two kegs and gets another mug of the dark ale and brings it back to the large man. "Here is your ale. It's dwarf approved." he looks back to the dwarf winks and sets to cleaning behind the bar now.

Della "I'd be happy to. I'll be right back with your lamb." she heads off back to the kitchen and returns a moment later with another large leg of lamb on a plate with baked potatoes. sets it down near the large burly man. "Will there be anything else I can get you?" she asks.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Dram »

Krakus- No my good lady I ma good. But could you tell me is that is what is called a 1/2 Orc? If the ale is Dwarven approved my friend I will have another for me and the dwarf.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by Nuke66 »

"Well, it ain't dwarven ale, but it's a close second. Thank 'eh." Mathias replies. "And the lamb ain't too bad neither."

GreyWolfVT

#36 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dram wrote:Krakus- No my good lady I ma good. But could you tell me is that is what is called a 1/2 Orc? If the ale is Dwarven approved my friend I will have another for me and the dwarf.
Della "i think so be he has not said anything yet so I am not sure. Perhaps you should go chat with him."

Nobody remembers seeing the half-orc enter the place he is just sitting at a table alone no food or drink and a relatively solemn look. Not bothering anyone nobody bothering him.

So far we have a dwarf and barbarian at the bar socializing. Two humans, a half-elf and elf sitting at a table sort of socializing and a half-orc solo doing nothing of concern or much at all perhaps deep in thought.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Dram »

Krakus - Grabs his mug of Ale. Walks over the 1/2 Orc. You be a half a 1/2 Orc? My name is Krakus from the Skullfire clan.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#38 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Pheras looks at the other Elf sitting in the table glancing back and forth to his cup of tea then he finally speaks, "How about you sir? may I ask for your name?"

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by atpollard »

Dram wrote:Krakus - Grabs his mug of Ale. Walks over the 1/2 Orc. You be a half a 1/2 Orc? My name is Krakus from the Skullfire clan.
Oops. Sorry, I seem to have missed my own entrance.

He looks up, slowly realizing that someone is speaking to him, and softly begins to whisper ...

“What do you think
The bravest drink
Under the sky?”
“Strong beer,” said I.

then he continues in a normal speaking voice ...

“Tell us, now, how and when
We may find the bravest men?”

“A sure test, an easy test:
Those that drink beer are the best,
Brown beer strongly brewed,
Manly drink and manly food.”

he rises to his feet and continues in a loud voice heard throughout the room ...

"Oh, never choose as Paladin chose
By the cold well, but rather those
Who look on beer when it is brown,
Smack their lips and gulp it down.
Leave the lads who tamely drink
With Paladin by the water brink,
But search the benches of the Plough,
The Tun, the Sun, the Spotted Cow,
For jolly rascal lads who pray,
Pewter in hand, at close of day,

“Teach me to live that I may fear
The grave as little as my beer.”

As he finishes, he reaches out to shake hands with the stranger and passes out.
Knocking over the table.
He lies fully asleep on the floor, drunk, snoring loudly.

(Brother Wilken)
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

GreyWolfVT

#40 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Della (Barmaid) looks back at Horton and issues a sigh "Guess that answers that. He must have been there since last night." after speaking with Horton she and Horton try to get the half-orc into a chair finding it too much they leave him on the floor.

Horton (Bartender) "I don't remember serving him at all. Where did he get all the booze from?" quite confused then he and Della try and help the half-orc up to a chair finding it hard to do they end up just leaving him on the floor.

Then both go back to work.

Return to “A Village With No Name [Sandbox] (2e AD&D)”