Cultist of Utterkell and Tiger Lords

Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Cultist of Utterkell and Tiger Lords

#1 Post by Johnny Champion »

This is the area for Roll Playing post adventure to Cedarton and the Hall of the Tiger Lords.

DM: I hope to have XP out by this afternoon.
Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Cultist of Utterkell and Tiger Lords

#2 Post by Agnati »

Firstly, we rest and heal up to (at least) the point where Mei can travel....

DM: She seems to have been well treated by Timeran and his fellow Tiger Lords. It seems that she was deemed of higher value and worthy of ransom.

After returning to Cederton and letting the tale be made known, we assure them that they should be safe and advise they contract out a few of Atalon's guards for future protection. Rickul is still uncomfortable going to Atalon while armed, but it is the closest city. We can make camp outside and leave one or two of the party behind, along with Lander & Tannis, to hold/guard our weapons and take Mei into town for any needed healing and a "debriefing" of what happened. We ask her how she was captured and if she overheard anything that could prove useful.

Mei: I am so sorry my Lord Rickul. I tracked several of the beast but I heard a voice, a young girl, and I approached hoping to save a soul from the murder of those I've seen recently; It was a trap and those beast and Timeran captured me. I tried in vain but I seemed speechless and moved towards what I thought was my death. But Timeran calmed the beast and I was bound and led into the chamber. They treated me well and were able to magically pull information from me. They knew the party and knew they were responsible for the death of Tiberian. They act in concert with the dark cultist of Utterkell. I know little more my liege.

Rickul doesn't foresee Atalon having much in the way of provisions we would need, though it couldn't hurt to make friends in a militant town relatively close to where our lands reside.
As for where to go from here, Rickul met with Marcus, another Ranger of Nouveau, and was told of another Ranger by the name of Dorian that has gone missing. He usually resides in Falshire, just North of Trot Lake. Rickul, personally, would like to look into his situation if possible since it's not far.
Also, we can head up to Fairfield and up toward our lands, or go back to Greenhaven and follow through with our quest in the Underdark.
Thoughts from the party?
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by Rhourk »

While Kaleb helps the others in beheading the Tigers and searching the room he remarks, "We have done a great service to the realms today. This malevolent lurking evil, is every bit as terrifying and destructive to the good common folk of the land as any Demon Lord or Fallen Angel. This is a great victory."
Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Tungsten »

Faelwen reminds the party to put our potions of True Seeing to work. All secret doors are apparent to us now. Let's make sure we are not leaving anything valuable that the Tiger Lords may have hidden away.
Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Tungsten »

Faelwen keeps hearing Rickul refer to "our lands" and "close to our lands". As far as she knows we have not decided upon a location for our fiefdom. Let's stick with "in the Scholl Valley region."

DM: It is clear the land is not tamed. At least not in the area of Atalon. There is much to discover.
Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Johnny Champion »

Treasure Located in the Dwelling of Timeran and his companions:

Gold:
409 Platinum Coins (@10gp/1pp)

Gems:
(5) Star Sapphires (med, good)
(4) Polished Amber
(11) Fresh Water Pearls
(33) Strawberry Quartz (med, good, cut)
(4) Red Rubies (cut)

Potions:
(1) Barkskin (AC18, 10rds)
(3) Cure Light Wounds
(4) Protection From Undead (per spell or +4 to ST,ATT,DAM, 10rds)
(2) Rejuvenation

Scrolls (Arcane):
* Ray of Sickness
* Gaseous Form
* Conjure Minor Elemental
* Wall of Stone
* Identify

Scrolls (Divine):
* Augury
* Cure Poison
* Glyph of Warding

Magic:
* Staff of Vapor, Magic Weapon: (Properties: CloudKill [6d6,DC14(co),100',20'r,ST=1/2,1/day], Noxious Vapor [2/day (DC14(co), 10'r, nausea 1d4rds, obscured]
* +1 Full Plate (Weight 1/2 Normal, Black with gold crest)
* +1 Dwarven Great Axe (Sheds Light 20'r)
* +1 (Evil Creatures Only) Mighty Composite Bow (Name: Plator, Communication: Empathy: When used bestows 18 Strength, Archers/Rangers Only: Senses Motive, Senses Evil
* Bracelet of Friendship (Once per day, get a truthful answer from an intelligent creature to which you speak their language)
Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Johnny Champion »

Hall of the Tiger Lords: XP Totals

Major Victories:
(4) Leucratta
(4) Ogre Magi
(10) Utterkell Ghasts
(1) Utterkell Cultist Leader
(3) White Rakashas

Quests Completed:
* Save Mei
* Solved Cedarton Crisis
* Uncovered Elements of the Cult of Utterkell

Gold:
* 409pp (4090 gp)
* Gems (approx 55,000gp in value)

Totals: 108,175
Doricin 15,454
Tungsten 15,454
Lumiere 15,454
Mooki 15,454
Kaleb 15,454
Faelwen 15,454
Rickul 15,454

XP Breakdown:
Killed 35130
Gold 2045
Gems 28350
Magic Items 21650
Quests 21000
Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by Agnati »

Johnny Champion wrote: * +1 (Evil Creatures Only) Mighty Composite Bow (Name: Plator, Communication: Empathy: When used bestows 18 Strength, Archers/Rangers Only: Senses Motive, Senses Evil)
Seeing as how we don't have any evil-alligned PCs, do we have a fence that we can sell things like this to?
Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by Johnny Champion »

Agnati wrote:
Johnny Champion wrote: * +1 (Evil Creatures Only) Mighty Composite Bow (Name: Plator, Communication: Empathy: When used bestows 18 Strength, Archers/Rangers Only: Senses Motive, Senses Evil)
Seeing as how we don't have any evil-alligned PCs, do we have a fence that we can sell things like this to?
DM: You misunderstand my notation. It is only +1 when attacking Evil Creatures. A Carrion Crawler is not evil and thus you will not be granted the benefits of +1 or the 18 Strength.
Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#10 Post by Tungsten »

I like the Gem Spreadsheet. It is cool. I am guessing that it contains information regarding our latest haul of gems from the Cultist of Utterkell and the Tiger Lords.

Not to be a stickler but we still have a boatload of gems that have NOT been appraised (namely the 36 from the Fire Giant Throne). Perhaps if you checked the last Community Chest info we could incorporate these Gems into our GPs and XPs. Thanks.
Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Tungsten »

Faelwen is MOST interested in detecting magic (and if present identifying) the Staff that the Cultist was brandishing at us.

DM: I forgot to add the Stafff. I will 'edit' that post. Please take note.
Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by Tungsten »

Before we go selling the Huge Flawless Diamond. Faelwen would like to check if it can aid with any spell casting without being consumed. She sends a Winged Messenger to Falinor in Esterik to ask him this.

DM: I think that Agnati better inform George that no such diamond exists other than in George's head.
Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#13 Post by Agnati »

Tungsten wrote:Before we go selling the Huge Flawless Diamond. Faelwen would like to check if it can aid with any spell casting without being consumed. She sends a Winged Messenger to Falinor in Esterik to ask him this.
Don't take what gems you may see on the spreadsheet as "we have it" fact. I'm testing some things with different gems, like seeing the highest & lowest value of gems and such. I've asked Chris for clarification on the gems in the community chest and will update the sheet accordingly (though any of you should be able to as well.)
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by Rhourk »

Tungsten wrote:Before we go selling the Huge Flawless Diamond. Faelwen would like to check if it can aid with any spell casting without being consumed. She sends a Winged Messenger to Falinor in Esterik to ask him this.
Resurrection.
Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by Tungsten »

Faelwen mentions that this Huge Flawless Diamond is GROSS OVERKILL for a Resurrection spell (it only requires a 1,000 GP diamond) and it would be consumed!!!!
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#16 Post by Rhourk »

Tungsten wrote:Faelwen mentions that this Huge Flawless Diamond is GROSS OVERKILL for a Resurrection spell (it only requires a 1,000 GP diamond) and it would be consumed!!!!
OOC see this is a great example of the gem to GP stuff not working. To get our "raise dead" spells, not even "resurrection" we gave up refined essence of Black Obsidian and a +3 weapon (even though cursed, the likes of which we will not see again, sidenote, Chris on the whole Vorpal +3 greatsword, what were you thinking?). How does a gem compare to that, well I guess we slap an arbitrary gp amount on it. A gem like that, a fist sized flawless diamond would have a story as old as it is. Empires rose and fell around it, dragons kicked dwarfs out of caves for it, etc. If it's just a number than it's just a number, no matter how big.

CHRIS: I agree regarding George's Make Believe Diamond. Don't take GP values in spells at face value. It just means a very pricey offering must be provided.
Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#17 Post by Tungsten »

Each player gets 584 GPs worth of PPs. (58 PPs and 4 GPs BTW)
We have 2 PPs left over 20GPs worth. Anybody need a nice bottle of wine or more arrows or something?
Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by Johnny Champion »

Rhourk wrote:
Tungsten wrote:Faelwen mentions that this Huge Flawless Diamond is GROSS OVERKILL for a Resurrection spell (it only requires a 1,000 GP diamond) and it would be consumed!!!!
OOC see this is a great example of the gem to GP stuff not working. To get our "raise dead" spells, not even "resurrection" we gave up refined essence of Black Obsidian and a +3 weapon (even though cursed, the likes of which we will not see again, sidenote, Chris on the whole Vorpal +3 greatsword, what were you thinking?). How does a gem compare to that, well I guess we slap an arbitrary gp amount on it. A gem like that, a fist sized flawless diamond would have a story as old as it is. Empires rose and fell around it, dragons kicked dwarfs out of caves for it, etc. If it's just a number than it's just a number, no matter how big.
1st: George, when did I give the party a flawless, diamond the size of someone's fist?

2nd: The +3 Vorpal Sword was meant to cut off a few heads first. It was also countered by some pretty bad stuff that was pending if Tungsten continued to use it. Also, it was generated with play test stuff and I didn't anticipate the high To Hit capabilities of the party later in the campaign.
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by Rhourk »

Johnny Champion wrote:
Rhourk wrote:
1st: George, when did I give the party a flawless, diamond the size of someone's fist?

2nd: The +3 Vorpal Sword was meant to cut off a few heads first. It was also countered by some pretty bad stuff that was pending if Tungsten continued to use it. Also, it was generated with play test stuff and I didn't anticipate the high To Hit capabilities of the party later in the campaign.
Ha, I was kidding about the sword. I know it had some deep deep problems associated with it, and thought we got off easy sacrificing it to the Angels :)
Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#20 Post by Tungsten »

Like I asked before "Is the content of the current Gem and Jewelry Spreadsheet accurate?" I asked if it was the gem haul from the Cultist session and mentioned that there were still 36 Gems from the Fire Giant Throne alone from our last Community Chest.

Agnati needs to enter the current Gem and Jewelry info so we can talk to 5 Jewelers in Tradonne. Is that the game plan?

Because besides this:
Gems:
(5) Star Sapphires (med, good)
(4) Polished Amber
(11) Fresh Water Pearls
(33) Strawberry Quartz (med, good, cut)
(4) Red Rubies (cut)

We also have this:
***From the Throne of Nardoon (Leader of the Fire Giants) we removed 36 INCREDIBLE GEMS: 12 Fire Opals, 12 Rubies (Fist-sized), and DM mentioned something called Sard (?)
***GEMS [ Stated that these were IMPRESSIVE but no specifics as of yet from Ruxadon's Treasure)
70 Rings b/w 100-200 GP]

All of which need to get appraised.

Return to “Black Obsidian: D&D Next”