Chapter 1: The Inheritance (Introduction)

PyroArrow
NeoPlasmaVice
Guide
Guide

Re: Chapter 1: The Inheritance (Introduction)

#281 Post by NeoPlasmaVice »

Procyon:
PyroArrow wrote: "Oh, Sir, the band had finished playing at 2 am ( it is after 4am now!)."
Shouldn't everybody be asleep now? XD
How many times must a man look up
Before he can see the sky?
Yes, ’n’ how many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
Yes, ’n’ how many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin’ in the wind
The answer is blowin’ in the wind

Procyon, level 1 Bard, 1A: The Inheritance

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#282 Post by Starbeard »

Arn the Congealer:

Oh, why not, Arn will go for it:

Arn thanks Charlesques Noreisis warmly, and admonishes the brethren toward action:

'Come and join us, brethren of nature, for the good are in great need of help, and there is no time to waste! The evil that has caused this iniquity against lawful dragonkind seems rooted in the great forest, which is surely blasphemy to you who tend the spiritual welfare of that wood. Let any here who can be spared from their daily prayers join us in this quest, which will last but twelve days, and I assure you this abbey will count the knights of my fraternity as friends and allies from now into perpetuity!'

Got to try. He is charismatic, after all.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#283 Post by PyroArrow »

Dungeon Master:
Arn thanks Charlesques Noreisis warmly, and admonishes the brethren toward action:

'Come and join us, brethren of nature, for the good are in great need of help, and there is no time to waste! The evil that has caused this iniquity against lawful dragonkind seems rooted in the great forest, which is surely blasphemy to you who tend the spiritual welfare of that wood. Let any here who can be spared from their daily prayers join us in this quest, which will last but twelve days, and I assure you this abbey will count the knights of my fraternity as friends and allies from now into perpetuity!'
Brother Charlesques Noreisis says to Arn:

"The journey, though it is tempting, I am afraid we must stay here to keep the populace as calm as possible."

"Things will get hectic as the 12th day approaches."

================================================

Back at the Caver Inn, the Barkeep gives Procyon his sandwiches take-out order.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

NeoPlasmaVice
Guide
Guide

#284 Post by NeoPlasmaVice »

Procyon:
PyroArrow wrote:Dungeon Master:
Paying for the meal and taking the sandwiches, Procyon headed back toward the prearranged rendezvous.

How much gold should I subtract from my inventory?

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#285 Post by Cauchy »

Cayley:

My understanding was that Hemlocks, Elusev & Cayley were going to Aerthfael Badden’s Provisions. However, if Hemlocks led us somewhere else, then she went there. Though if it is 4 AM then I have no idea why.

Cayley watches Hemlocks take the oxen and cart.Well I've already been arrested for murder, so what is a little theft. She will not get on the cart but walk beside it, her mind wandering, one has to wonder about the healers in this place if they mistake a dragon bite for dagger wounds. Her mind wanders a bit further, "If we are to take this, what was it, Oddgar along I guess that would be ten."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#286 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Elusev Coldharbor:

Elusev silently nods at Cayley's comment, walking beside the wagon as well with his hand resting on the hilt, waiting for when the authorities come to arrest them for theft.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by PyroArrow »

Dungeon Master:
NeoPlasmaVice wrote:
Paying for the meal and taking the sandwiches, Procyon headed back toward the prearranged rendezvous.

Let's say 10 electrum pieces total for the 10 sandwiches.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :

Player:

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)

NeoPlasmaVice
Guide
Guide

#288 Post by NeoPlasmaVice »

Procyon:
PyroArrow wrote:
NeoPlasmaVice wrote:

Let's say 10 electrum pieces total for the 10 sandwiches.
I only have GP, so I'm taking away 10 GP.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#289 Post by PyroArrow »

Dungeon Master:
NeoPlasmaVice [Arn]:
I only have GP, so I'm taking away 10 GP.
Ok,The Barkeep is of course very grateful & Thanks you.

Player:

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#290 Post by Starbeard »

Arn the Congealer:
PyroArrow wrote:Dungeon Master:Brother Charlesques Noreisis says to Arn:

"The journey, though it is tempting, I am afraid we must stay here to keep the populace as calm as possible."

"Things will get hectic as the 12th day approaches."
Well, it was worth a shot.

All of Arn's questions have been answered by the monks. Unless someone else was able to procure horses, the transport situation would be most unsatisfactory, although there's always the possibility of beseeching Lord Hart for some of the keep's steeds before they leave. On the whereabouts of the half-elf, he is convinced the monks of the forest know nothing (I'm assuming, and won't bother trying to pry information out of them)

Arn helps pack the donated supplies onto the mule and prepares to return to the keep once the others are ready.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#291 Post by MrHemlocks »

Hemlocks:

Stopping when seeing Lord Hart, Hemlocks lifts his hands off the reigns and greets him."Greeting Lord Hart, we have returned with a wagon an oxen to pull it. The stable master refused to give it us even after I explained the life and death circumstances that involved everyone in the village. I told him that Lord Hart would approve our taking it and if he has any questions to direct them toward you. Time is wasting and non of us have the ability to stop time now do we? So, I did what was best for all."

Waiting for Lord Harts reply, Hemlocks barks out to the two companions beside him."We need to get the supplies needed for this adventure and store them on this wagon."
Is it really 4am now? What the heck happened to the time? I thought we were gathered, near the manor, in the morning?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#292 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Doctor:

since my character is nowhere near what is happening here I might need a PM when things are all back to where we are all needed.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#293 Post by saalaria »

Baldo 'Jenks' Jenkins:

Hey GW I did ask you a question about Oddgar a way back but as you went off to do your spell thing, Jenks has gone off with the Lord to secure services of Oddgar!

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#294 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Doctor:
saalaria wrote:Hey GW I did ask you a question about Oddgar a way back but as you went off to do your spell thing, Jenks has gone off with the Lord to secure services of Oddgar!
I honestly missed it then I couldn't even keep up with the mass of posts I had to only read the DM summaries and not once did i see myself mentioned in them so that is my fault sorry.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#295 Post by PyroArrow »

Dungeon Master:

Hemlocks, Cayley & Elusev back at the Manor:

Lord Warden Hart sees Hemlocks, bringing the Oxen & cart into the manor & after Hemlock mentions about acquiring the oxen cart says,

"Sir, it has come to my attention that a citizen's oxen & cart was taken forcibly by you. Is that so?"

Player:

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#296 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Elusev Coldharbor:

Lord Warden Hart sees Hemlocks, bringing the Oxen & cart into the manor & after Hemlock mentions about acquiring the oxen cart says,

"Sir, it has come to my attention that a citizen's oxen & cart was taken forcibly by you. Is that so?"
Elusev simply shakes his head and remains quiet in the back beside the cart, letting Hemlocks handle that one. He helped as he was instructed to do. He will go over the list of provisions they need since no shops would be open at 4-5am.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Cauchy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#297 Post by Cauchy »

Cayley:

The priestess turns to Elusev, "Maybe this is sour grapes, but I suspect the odds of the kobold lair being right next to a road are pretty slim, thus I somehow doubt the usefulness of this purloined cart."

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#298 Post by MrHemlocks »

Hemlocks:
MonkeyWrench wrote:

Elusev simply shakes his head and remains quiet in the back beside the cart, letting Hemlocks handle that one. He helped as he was instructed to do. He will go over the list of provisions they need since no shops would be open at 4-5am.
Hemlocks' reply is a few post up^^^^^

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#299 Post by PyroArrow »

Dungeon Master:

[Trying to gather the Conversation between Lord Ward Hart & Hemlocks together here!]

Lord Warden Arwel Hart says to Hemlocks:

Hemlocks:

Stopping when seeing Lord Hart, Hemlocks lifts his hands off the reigns and greets him.

"Greeting Lord Hart, we have returned with a wagon an oxen to pull it.

The stable master refused to give it us even after I explained the life and death circumstances that involved everyone in the village.

I told him that Lord Hart would approve our taking it and if he has any questions to direct them toward you.

Time is wasting and non of us have the ability to stop time now do we? So, I did what was best for all."

Waiting for Lord Harts reply, Hemlocks barks out to the two companions beside him.

"We need to get the supplies needed for this adventure and store them on this wagon."
Is it really 4am now? What the heck happened to the time? I thought we were gathered, near the manor, in the morning?
Elusive Coldharbor:

Elusev simply shakes his head and remains quiet in the back beside the cart, letting Hemlocks handle that one.

He helped as he was instructed to do. He will go over the list of provisions they need since no shops would be open at 4-5am.

Cayley:

The priestess turns to Elusev,
"Maybe this is sour grapes, but I suspect the odds of the kobold lair being right next to a road are pretty slim, thus I somehow doubt the usefulness of this purloined cart."

Lord Warden Hart to Hemlocks:

"Hear that Sir, the Priestess has some common sense, on top of that Galversharn's Lair is high up in the mountains."

"I would suggest you return the Oxen & cart back to it's owner, lest i place you under arrest, Sir."

Just coming up towards the Manor is seen Tuireann, Arn & Teladrin, walking along with a pack mule with saddle bags on it.

Player:

NeoPlasmaVice
Guide
Guide

#300 Post by NeoPlasmaVice »

Procyon:

With the sandwiches in tow, Procyon arrived back to the prearranged spot.

Return to “1A: The Inheritance - 1ed AD&D”