Introduction: Prologue

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

Re: Introduction: Prologue

#81 Post by Baramoor »

So, we journey to the village Master Gnome. Do you wish to join us in our endeavors to restore balance to this area? Or perhaps you have advice?

Either way, we should be on our way before day passes on to evening and we find ourselves approaching the town in the twilight hours.
If it is not true, do not speak it. If it is not right, do not do it. Marcus Aurelius

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#82 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Baramoor wrote:So, we journey to the village Master Gnome. Do you wish to join us in our endeavors to restore balance to this area? Or perhaps you have advice?

Either way, we should be on our way before day passes on to evening and we find ourselves approaching the town in the twilight hours.
Glimble "I have my duties here in the wood and here by the road trying to aid those that have been harmed by the gang and warning travellers but looks as if my job was done for me perhaps by the strange man that tried to sell me a toga." he pauses to take a smoke from his pipe. Puffing out smoke in perfect circles "I can help the village with permission from my elder but until the gang is removed I don't think they will be willing to risk sending me. I hope you all have the best of luck and if you wish I could bestow a blessing upon you all."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

doughx99
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#83 Post by doughx99 »

Zylax of the Whispering Hills

this guys sounds legit and we could always use a blessing with the possiblity of ambush ahead..but i'm for the group decision how to handle this

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Selonis does not speak out, deciding to remain among the group and let them decide.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - AC 3 HP: 14:

It will be an honor to take your blessing Sir Glimble!"

The Knight bows to his knees to take the blessing.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

GreyWolfVT

#86 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble says a bit of a incantation to the forest goddess Ehlonna http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Ehlonna everyone within the radius is now blessed. http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Bless For now we will say this will cover you to the bridge location up the road. "There I have given you Ehlonna's blessing this should help you if you run into trouble at the bridge it is just a ways past the bend in the road up ahead. Take care travelers. I must return to the wood and finish out my daily duties." he bows politely to the party of travelling adventurers and he and his hedgehog walk back into the woods.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#87 Post by Baramoor »

Doric nods a quiet thanks for the blessing and offers the same in kind from Obad-Hai to the Gnome Safe journey to you

Looking to the group, Doric waits for them and prepares to move on towards the bridge. Do we walk to the bridge like this or take caution that not all are going to be friendly, the closer we come to town?

If it is not true, do not speak it. If it is not right, do not do it. Marcus Aurelius

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by PyroArrow »

"Thank you for Ehlonna's Blessing, Sir Glimble."

"Alright fellow travellers, looks like we band together here & try to cross this bridge in order to get to the Village with no Name."

"How would you like to approach? by road or in the woods to either side?
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :

Player:

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Selonis continues to remain silent, remaining among the group.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#90 Post by Baramoor »

PyroArrow wrote:"Alright fellow travellers, looks like we band together here & try to cross this bridge in order to get to the Village with no Name."

"How would you like to approach? by road or in the woods to either side?
Given the option, I always prefer to come out of the woods where Obad-Hai's guidance and protection remains strong.

Would also like to keep an eye out for a fox, group of birds or squirrels in the trees when we are near the edge, but have not exited ...if we go with the woods plan

doughx99
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#91 Post by doughx99 »

Zylax

I am not a great wilderness traveler but the woods would give us cover, again I will go with what the group decides.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by PyroArrow »

"Yes, let us all hug the woods to one side of the road, this way our numbers can deal with whatever ambush was set up from the one side first."

Player:

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#93 Post by Baramoor »

Doric nods, I'll take point if you wish. and prepares to move in the direction of the woods, quarterstaff in hand

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#94 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Shay dose not voice an opinion about the approach. As long as she is allowed to travel in the center of the ranks for her own protection she will go along with whatever her traveling companion Zylax does.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Selonis simply follows alongs

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#96 Post by Baramoor »

Doric moves off towards the forest's edge after hearing the replies of a few, taking point to look for potential ambushes by the nature of the animals and insects nearby as well as his "gut" feeling for the woods themselves. His quarterstaff is used lightly as a walking stick, ready to take a solid grip and use it combatively if need be.

GreyWolfVT

#97 Post by GreyWolfVT »

You all travel through the woods with nothing happening when you start to hear the brook or stream waters running you know you are getting closer to the bridge or suspect so. So far all you have heard is the normal forest sounds of animals so far not more encounters with anything else.

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#98 Post by Baramoor »

GreyWolfVT wrote:You all travel through the woods with nothing happening when you start to hear the brook or stream waters running you know you are getting closer to the bridge or suspect so. So far all you have heard is the normal forest sounds of animals so far not more encounters with anything else.
Any animals spotted? Birds on a branch, squirrels or such?

Doric moves forward through the brush and tangle closer to where the water runs and he suspects the bridge is. His mind is alert to the sounds of the forest around him and listens, smells and feels for the sense of man or beast ahead.

GreyWolfVT

#99 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Baramoor wrote: Any animals spotted? Birds on a branch, squirrels or such?

Doric moves forward through the brush and tangle closer to where the water runs and he suspects the bridge is. His mind is alert to the sounds of the forest around him and listens, smells and feels for the sense of man or beast ahead.
Yes you have seen some animals squirrels, birds, snakes, spiders, bugs even a badger.

Near the edge of the forest there is a small river bed and you can see trout, and salmon in the river swimming by you The water is very clear and relatively undisturbed the only prints you see in the river bed "beach" are animal tracks beaver and other creatures even possibly an otter was nearby. No sign of humans in this area.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Selonis continues to follow along with the group, letting the Druid lead the way through the forest.

Return to “A Village With No Name [Sandbox] (2e AD&D)”