Introduction: Prologue

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

Re: Introduction: Prologue

#161 Post by Baramoor »

Doric awaits the outcome of the discussion, but will simply abide the group concensus as he is tired and simply wants to rest. His staff rests across his legs as he sits in the manner of the plains people, ready to roll and come up for combat should any become overly aggressive suddenly
If it is not true, do not speak it. If it is not right, do not do it. Marcus Aurelius

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#162 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Shay will go along with whatever the group decides.

doughx99
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#163 Post by doughx99 »

Zylax

Feeling good about the strength of our party I think we should scout the village the best we can,while staying together as a group.I also think after resting an early morning visit to the village would give us an advantage.

I am up for other plans but we need to make a move

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#164 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Well my names Robin, if you do so wish to come to camp I'll leave a couple of my men here to await your decision."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Selonis simply moves along with the group, not raising any objections or agreements, choosing to remain in the middle of the group.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#166 Post by Baramoor »

Wow, such decisiveness here....as we seem to have a single decision to remain behind and scout the village sans "Robin and his Merry Men" we should work in that direction

Doric nods after hearing the comments and rises Robin, thank you for your offer, we will seek you out in time, but if not, plan on striking early at dawn's light as we will do the same from an alternate direction. It seems we must look to the village with our own eyes before we can do more Doric uses his quarterstaff as a walking stick, shoulders his backpack once more and makes ready to head out

More than likely the group is returning to their camp to prepare a distraction more than an assaultImage
If it is not true, do not speak it. If it is not right, do not do it. Marcus Aurelius

GreyWolfVT

#167 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright I'll take that as the direction of the group then Robin and his men part ways with you they go off into the woods apparently they are well at one in the woods for you can barely hear them moving off into the woods to the north. You all cross the bridge with no further incident. You travel another mile without seeing another person at all. You still can see that there have been people both on foot and on horse on this road in the last few days. There are surprisingly few wheel tracks from carts or wagons. The road goes around a bend a bit and ....

Lets see druid please make me a wisdom check.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - AC 3 HP: 14:
"I do not mind going to their camp."
Uhmm, guys, the Paladin offered to go with Robin's & His men a page back!

Then Zylax offered to stay behind & scout the village now, then rest then visit the village first thing early twilight!
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

GreyWolfVT

#169 Post by GreyWolfVT »

it was not a majority vote, as I said things went slow I went with a decision and I knew not everyone would enjoy it. If you want one of you can hang back and one can go to the camp the rest can end up where I just placed you or I can skip to the actual module now. :roll:

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#170 Post by Baramoor »

In his preparations, Doric catches a scent on the air. For a moment he pauses to inhale deeply before offering the knowledge openly to all.

We are not alone. Goblins are nearby and we may wish to move in the direction of Robin's camp. Perhaps there is safety in numbers and the scouting can wait for a bit?

Doric pauses to point in the direction of the scent, the way they were about to march to do the scouting of the village.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#171 Post by PyroArrow »

"Ok, so either we push foward & fight the Goblins or turn toward's Robin's Camp & see if the Goblins follow."

"Which will it be folks?"
Last edited by PyroArrow on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :

Player:

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#172 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Shay likes to kill goblins!

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#173 Post by Baramoor »

Obad-Hai help those that lack decisiveness. Doric shakes his head, and moves off towards the village and the goblin raiders, his quarterstaff thumping the ground in frustration. If it is my time, then so be it, but those that defile the woods shall not pass uncontested and we need to know about the village.

doughx99
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#174 Post by doughx99 »

Niles Redmond

Let's kill some goblins!

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by PyroArrow »

"Onward to face the Goblins, it shall be."

Player:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#176 Post by OGRE MAGE »

doughx99 wrote:Niles Redmond

Let's kill some goblins!
:lol: ;) :lol: Who in the nine hells is Niles Redmond? I thought you were Zylax?

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#177 Post by Baramoor »

Heading in the direction of the goblins, Doric moves swiftly to ensure they meet on the best of ground. He uses his sense of the forest to guide the others into a hopeful "position of ambush"

Doric will take lead on this...but I think we should have a marching order and also any missile weapons at the ready for combat.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#178 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Agreed....
How about this?

Arastor, Doric

Rician, Zylax

Crow, Shay

GreyWolfVT

#179 Post by GreyWolfVT »

that order works for me. Provided it works for the players.

Doric leads the others to a small contingent of goblins huddled down in the brush spears poking up out of the bushes not well hidden. The smell hits you all and you know it is truly goblins. There are about 6 of them in a group right in front of you about 30' away they have not seen or heard you yet they appear to be looking out at the road they did not expect something else in the woods. In looking you see 6 more little spears sticking out of the brush on the opposite side of the road as well.

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#180 Post by Baramoor »

GreyWolfVT wrote:that order works for me. Provided it works for the players.

Doric leads the others to a small contingent of goblins huddled down in the brush spears poking up out of the bushes not well hidden. The smell hits you all and you know it is truly goblins. There are about 6 of them in a group right in front of you about 30' away they have not seen or heard you yet they appear to be looking out at the road they did not expect something else in the woods. In looking you see 6 more little spears sticking out of the brush on the opposite side of the road as well.
Doric signals the party to remain still and quiet. As Astor is next to him, he whispers It looks like an ambush...shall we give them a surprise as well? We can hit them when they spring their own trap

Return to “A Village With No Name [Sandbox] (2e AD&D)”