Introduction: Prologue

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Introduction: Prologue

#61 Post by MonkeyWrench »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
MonkeyWrench wrote:Selonis still travels to the town, stopping a bit before the entrance and looking the place over, is there front bandit guards at the main road entrance? Or does it seem peaceful and quiet?
Hold please until we have everyone's final posts here. When you reach the town the intro prologue is over. Plus there are a few more encounters before the almighty DM has to even see the town.
So I cannot teleport, kill everything, and then have the group enter the town while my character sits on a throne of bones while wearing some kind of weird S&M outfit?

Well then...
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by ybn1197 »

Arastor continues along the road with Rician, thankful for the quiet contemplative walk.

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#63 Post by Baramoor »

MonkeyWrench wrote:So I cannot teleport, kill everything, and then have the group enter the town while my character sits on a throne of bones while wearing some kind of weird S&M outfit?

Well then...
No worries, we know you keep this on your mantle in hopes of one day sitting a throne of bones
If it is not true, do not speak it. If it is not right, do not do it. Marcus Aurelius

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#64 Post by GreyWolfVT »

So far the verdict is still to travel to The Village I am taking it yes? You all going to just leave the poor Paladin alone still? Really hmm well maybe the Paladin will find some special magical items in a ditch since you all are soo hasty ;) Hey look what the paladin found....
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#65 Post by Baramoor »

Swordmaster, are you coming as well? Doric gives a yell in the Paladin's direction when he remains silent

Armor, always does a player good
If it is not true, do not speak it. If it is not right, do not do it. Marcus Aurelius

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#66 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Im pretty sure there is only one of us who doesn't want the Paladin along. :lol:
Yes, let's group up. WTH are we doing here? Do you need a marching order or something? Why are we standing around talking when there are thugs to slay?

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - AC 3 HP: 14

The Paladin sees the group up ahead pause when they meet up with a Toga wearing fellow coming from the opposite direction.

He sees one appear to cast magic onto the Toga fellow as they continue their conversation.

He eventually meets up with the group & they bring him up to speed with what the Toga wearing fellow mentioned to them.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

GreyWolfVT

#68 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Currently: the group is all together now. IDC want MW says he is there. :P You've informed anyone that lagged behind or was left behind what the fellow in the toga informed of the location up the road. Right now it is around noon in the lovely summer nice sunny day. The man in the Toga looks confused a bit but none the less continues on his way south away from "The Village" nobody bothered to ask how far up the road the place is exactly but you all work on formulating a plan as far as you do know the road goes right through the place so walking on the road will eventually bring you into and through the village with no name.

Walking further you come to a wooden sigh post one sign points north east and says "The Village" distance 2 miles the sign below that points back in the direction you all were coming from saying "Tragidore" with a distance posted of 30 miles below that is another sign that says "Hanuman" distance 70 miles. You all now have a idea of how far it is to travel. Yup thats right I pulled in the only two towns from the Tragidore game.

Standing near the sign is a male gnome

"Well now this is a sight hardly ever do I see folk travelling that way." he points to the north east.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by PyroArrow »

Gnome:
"Well now this is a sight hardly ever do I see folk travelling that way." he points to the north east.
"A toga wearing fellow from the village has informed us of it's troubles & i for one wish to investigate."

"Are you from this Village, or elsewhere? Why are you here?"
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :

Player:

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)

GreyWolfVT

#70 Post by GreyWolfVT »

PyroArrow wrote:Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - AC 3 HP: 14
Gnome:
"A toga wearing fellow from the village has informed us of it's troubles & i for one wish to investigate."

"Are you from this Village, or elsewhere? Why are you here?"
Gnome "I'm a forest Gnome I like the druid there, am from no village or town. We dwell in the forests much like the elves and druids." he motions towards Doric when speaking of the druid. "My name his Glimble the gnomish cleric of the wood."

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#71 Post by Baramoor »

Looking at the gnome, Doric appraises him slowly. Trying to determine from the cut of his clothes, the look of his hands and the manner in which he stands is he one who has made a living in the village or is he one of the bandits who has made his life on the road and pain of others.

No action on the gnome for Doric, this time I am going to keep my eyes on him and the surrounding area. Too many "meetings" on the way to a village under siege

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by PyroArrow »

"Well Sir Glimble, have the miscreants at the Village been a pain to your people as well?"

Player:

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#73 Post by Baramoor »

As the party speaks, Doric looks first to the nearby trees for a squirrel, then, to the skies for any vultures or carrion birds that may be in the area.

Sorry, if he spies one/some, let me know as the next action would require them. If he doesn't spy any of these animals, I need to make another plan

GreyWolfVT

#74 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Baramoor wrote:As the party speaks, Doric looks first to the nearby trees for a squirrel, then, to the skies for any vultures or carrion birds that may be in the area.

Sorry, if he spies one/some, let me know as the next action would require them. If he doesn't spy any of these animals, I need to make another plan
Information sent via PM.

"Well Sir Glimble, have the miscreants at the Village been a pain to your people as well?"
Glimble "The miscreants don't tread into the forest much. But they do appear to terrorize travelling folk on the road. My kin are well protected in the wood. We only see the bandits as I'd call em stage ambushes in the outer forest closer to the road. There is a small stone bridge closer to the Village with no name or the village as I hear most traveler's call it. They might set ambushes there as well the forest does come closer to the road near that bridge and it crosses the babbling brook that runs right through that very village. We try not to bother the town folk much. Though we do feel bad for them in this matter but we are protectors of the wood and our numbers are less than those of the village." while talking to Glimble the party notices a hedgehog relatively close to his feet.

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#75 Post by Baramoor »

Friend Gnome, what is that hedgehog at your feet for? Is it a pet? Doric prepares to strike quickly and kill it should the gnome say "no"

Once I have either squirrel or hedgehog, I would cast "Speak with animals" and yell up to the hawk.

"Noble wind rider, please come speak with me and share a meal. I need your sage wisdom and guidance" Doing so, I will move off away from the group to allow him to descend. When done, I will "Do you know of any men who bring death in this region?" as he and other carrion feeders would likely follow the brigands and feed off their spoils. Knowing where food sources are, animals shadow "animals" (i.e. humans) and would keep them close. I would ask he bring other carrion birds to speak with me and if/when he does, I would cast "charm animal" on them....depending on how many I catch, I would send them airborne with the instruction to circle the closest of the "carrion making band", (Humanoid) and the others do the same.

This would allow us to know in which direction a brigand may be, as well as, how far they are from our current position.

GreyWolfVT

#76 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Baramoor wrote:Friend Gnome, what is that hedgehog at your feet for? Is it a pet? Doric prepares to strike quickly and kill it should the gnome say "no"

Once I have either squirrel or hedgehog, I would cast "Speak with animals" and yell up to the hawk.

"Noble wind rider, please come speak with me and share a meal. I need your sage wisdom and guidance" Doing so, I will move off away from the group to allow him to descend. When done, I will "Do you know of any men who bring death in this region?" as he and other carrion feeders would likely follow the brigands and feed off their spoils. Knowing where food sources are, animals shadow "animals" (i.e. humans) and would keep them close. I would ask he bring other carrion birds to speak with me and if/when he does, I would cast "charm animal" on them....depending on how many I catch, I would send them airborne with the instruction to circle the closest of the "carrion making band", (Humanoid) and the others do the same.

This would allow us to know in which direction a brigand may be, as well as, how far they are from our current position.
Glimble looks to his feet "Not a pet but a friend that is hedgy the hedgehog. He likes to follow me around."

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#77 Post by Baramoor »

Frowning as the plan formulating in his mind collapses, Doric simply nods

Well laid plans of idiots like me. Have to try something else then

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Selonis remains quiet, standing with the group but more so near the back end. He has a cheerful smile on as he listens to the gnome.

He is actually searching the area. Is there smoke rising somewhere that he can see?
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT

#79 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Smoke really?

There is smoke coming from the gnomes pipe. Other than that no you are a few miles from the town. Do you see cook fire smoke from that far away? :roll: also there is smoke from Crows pants :lol:

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by MonkeyWrench »

lol, well then. It was more of a gauge for any nearby possible hunters or wood dwellers, not the bandits themselves.

Return to “A Village With No Name [Sandbox] (2e AD&D)”