Introduction: Prologue

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Introduction: Prologue

#141 Post by ybn1197 »

Arastor looks around at the others, seemingly unsure if he should speak up. I am quite handy with the bow.

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#142 Post by Baramoor »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Selonis bows his head in agreement before turning back to the group, motioning for the druid to follow him, "So then, shall we contest them with accuracy or strength? I admit I know none of your strengths or weaknesses, are any among you skilled archers or muscled brutes?"
Doric simply shakes his head in the negative and sets about to moving around the men once more, letting the winged birds fly off with a chirp of thanks You speak of aiding the village, yet it is not in the field you work, nor do you attack those who seem to assail and press upon the well-being of the town. Instead, you would ask travelers from ambush to give coin to you all without a village representative and then when denied, you play at trying to win it by game.

Suddenly Doric stops, unhooks a pouch from his waist and upends the 10 electrum pieces onto the ground. Now, enough of the nonsense. You can show your true colors. We are here to aid the village. If you are indeed those who would help them, then join us in helping those in need. Otherwise, I am sure you are wondering what coin my companions may carry and whether they will entertain the silliness of a "game" for a few silver more?

Once more Doric steps forward, making his attempt to circumvent the men and head to the village

They are either with us or against us...if they want the coin and are against us...we might as well move on as winning a "game" isn't going to change greed and numbers. If they are with us, they will join and we have allies.

What is neutral? A single-minded focus and ignorance of good and bad
If it is not true, do not speak it. If it is not right, do not do it. Marcus Aurelius

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by MonkeyWrench »

As the druid drops the pieces of money on the group Selonis simply sighs, mumbling to the group, "so much for trying to get past them with your purses intact." He then spins around, facing the unknown bandits, "It seems our toll has been paid in full, with quite a bit left over I would say. I suppose we shall move along then, unless you have more words to carefully say?" He has a smile on his face but with his back turned to the group he lets a dangerous gleam escape from his eye, a simple warning to any kind of competent warrior that this jovial Elf is more than he lets on.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - AC 3 HP: 14:

Rician will offer the silver coinage asked rounded up in gold pieces IF Doric's angle (Woodland revenge or the electrum pieces) or either contest is lost.

Rician (15), Crow (15) & Arastor (13) appear to have the best strength for the arm wrestling.

Rician, Crow, has a bow, Shay a sling, Doric, Zylax have daggers for the accuracy contest (what are Arastor's Weapons?)

Paladin to Bandits:
"You heard the Druid Fellow, so now which will it be? the wrath of the forest? a Contest? or simply take the Coinage offered?"
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#145 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"If you are offering the coins we will take them and leave you alone. If you wish the contest then we will leave you alone even if we win we still will take the coins and let you be. If you wish to push through like a manner less scoundrel then that we will not tolerate. Other than that we will not fight if you wish to be civil."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#146 Post by Baramoor »

With a smile and chuckle, Doric pauses and retrieves the coins from the ground and offers it to the leader with one hand, while offering his other to shake.

No, I seek to know your heart and would offer our friendship. We have all heard in one manner or another that the village is having problems with bandits and brigands. If you will join us, I will assure you tenfold each what I hold here in my hand. Our strength would be in numbers and your knowledge of the land and skill with bow and staff would augment ours immensely.

That is if my travelling companions would agree to such a joint endeavor?
Looking back to the others
If it is not true, do not speak it. If it is not right, do not do it. Marcus Aurelius

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by PyroArrow »

"I am fine with that arrangement."
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :

Player:

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#148 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Shay doesn't look up at the strangers but you can see her shake her head in agreement.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by PyroArrow »

Opps, i should be concentrating on the Bandit doing the talking to Detect Evil on him!!!

Player:

GreyWolfVT

#150 Post by GreyWolfVT »

You don't detect evil on him or anyone in his group.
The leader smiles questioningly at Doric but none the less shakes his hand and takes the coin.
"I've lost a good portion of my men to the leader of the gang he has something about him that makes him very charismatic. Almost as it by magic he can persuade people to his side. We try to avoid the leader as much as we can. We will help with the village but we will enter the village from a different direction divide and conquer if you will."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Selonis melds back into the group, a smile on his face. He slings his bow back over his shoulder.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#152 Post by Baramoor »

GreyWolfVT wrote:"I've lost a good portion of my men to the leader of the gang he has something about him that makes him very charismatic. Almost as it by magic he can persuade people to his side. We try to avoid the leader as much as we can. We will help with the village but we will enter the village from a different direction divide and conquer if you will."
I think perhaps we should sit and discuss what you know of this "leader" and his people. Any information about the village and who we may trust and where they may have staged any defenses.

Such said, Doric returns to the group, but whispers low and quickly to the paladin... Splitting their numbers is best for us. He passes the paladin and continues on to a point by the bridge where he can rest for a moment to gather any birds still under his geas and send them out for a final look around...admonishing them as near-sighted slugs.

doughx99
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#153 Post by doughx99 »

Zylax

I would agree to doing a little scouting before we rest.

GreyWolfVT

#154 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Leader "We have a camp well hidden in the woods but we are about two miles from the village. You can go with us if you want or do as you please. Either way is fine with us we however can meet up with you in the village if that suits you."

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#155 Post by Baramoor »

Doric makes no comment in regards to making camp here or going with the others to their camp. He simply shrugs and listens now

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by ybn1197 »

Arastor looks between Doric (who is obviously a man of the woods) and Rician (whom he takes to be an honest man). "It appears that if we want the information they possess, we will have to go back to the their camp. While that seems to be a good solution, we do not know if there are more lying in wait for us. We have no idea as to their true numbers. I think it best to scout the village ourselves, gather information with our own eyes and without their biases."

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#157 Post by Baramoor »

ybn1197 wrote:Arastor looks between Doric (who is obviously a man of the woods) and Rician (whom he takes to be an honest man). "It appears that if we want the information they possess, we will have to go back to the their camp. While that seems to be a good solution, we do not know if there are more lying in wait for us. We have no idea as to their true numbers. I think it best to scout the village ourselves, gather information with our own eyes and without their biases."
Looking up, Doric chuckles Perhaps

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by PyroArrow »

"I do not mind going to their camp."

Player:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#159 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Shay does not respond to these men. She keeps her face covered. She wonders if their intentions are true but also thinks that Arastor has a good point about their being possible biases.

GreyWolfVT

#160 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Decision time player's talk among yourselves but the decision will be made by DM soon and I doubt all players will agree.

Return to “A Village With No Name [Sandbox] (2e AD&D)”