Part 4: Following Trouble

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Part 4: Following Trouble

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Having set a bait trap in Tragidore that at first appeared to be a waste of time, the adventuring group from Hanuman sets off and follows an orc through the forest north of Tragidore. The orc is dragging one of their friends in a large sack, it appears this is part of what has been happening in Tragidore with the other young men that went vanishing. The party follows the trail through most of the night the trail leads deep into the forest. Eventually the orc is no longer followed as it drags Theodore off into an old mining cave that is far into the norther forest. The mine thought to have been long abandoned long ago......
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Part 4: Following Trouble

#2 Post by Dune »

Dune will be close to Neev while in the forest since im still battered pretty good and out of it, I do still have a lightning bolt ready and a few other spells if we should need, like charm person..

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by PyroArrow »

Theodore Mumfordian (Half Sylvanian Wood-Elf) Ranger lvl:5 HP 21/21 AC 5):

Theodore is pondering his fate once he is let out of the sack!
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by saalaria »

How far from the treeline to the cave? Gandrel may well skewer the orc before he can take his consignment into the cave

GreyWolfVT

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Cave can barely be made out it is off in the distance about as far out as you all can see it looks like a darkish spec in a smaller clearing there are little dot figures moving around but you cannot make them out. You are still in the forest and the woods start to thin out more again if you keep moving forward. Theodore I have some information for you but I will be sending it via PM. As for the rest of the party not sure exactly who is doing what at the moment but you hear rusting in the brush off to the east of where you all can see down through the woods to the suspected cave.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Alanis will be checking himself and his gear over, making sure those disgusting orcs didn't take any of his BREAD.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Talmor
Guide
Guide

#7 Post by Talmor »

Eirik keeps a wary eye on the woods around him, certain that the Nymph or Sylph or whatever fey creature is around somewhere.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#8 Post by Dogma »

Thifli will do his best to follow the orc, making sure to stay way back in the trees since he really isn't a woodsy kind of dwarf and doesn't want to be detected.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by ybn1197 »

What is Dune's current HP?

Neev will follow the others, keeping an eye on Dune. Once they reach the treeline, Neev will keep sight on the peripherals of the area as the others watch the cave itself.

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dune should be at 3/22 HP.

Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Dune »

Ooc yelp I was at 3 hit points. Ic.Dune will remain near Neev if we approach.. My three spells I can cast are lightning bolt, detect undead, and charm person.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by saalaria »

Gandrel approaches the group.
"Tis I Gandrel. As you may have seen he was taken into the cave. I will go and recce the area and come back to report."
What is the distance to the cave?

GreyWolfVT

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

What is the furthest distance you can see? Did everyone forget the rusting in the brush?

Out of the brush comes 3 wild boars charging the party. :twisted:

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by saalaria »

I assumed that was a reference to me moving around invisibly!!

Gandrel keeps out of the way and half an eye on goings on in front of and at the cave.

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

invisibility is all worn off Gandrel would be captured then at that location. If the party is at the caves then they have all been captured trust me lost of things there that would be easy to overpower you all. :twisted:

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Welp, might as well.

Alanis finishes looking through his pack, his face is pale and his eyes in shock, "The bread.... it's... it's all gone... NOOOOO" He looks up to his fellow comrades, his eyes pleading for an answer an.... he doesn't see anyone.... they've all left.

Alanis's eye's dart around, "Did they all go invisible? no no no... that is impossible... they must have all been kidnapped! Those orcs stole my bread to distract me while the others got kidnapped! That must be it!!" He grabs his gear and quickly runs off in the direction the orc took Theodore, "HANG ON EVERYONE!! I'M COMING TO SAVE YOU AND MY BREAD!!!!!"

Alanis never did say he stopped looking or went with the group ;)
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm rolling with what I get folks claim they went here even though I "stopped" the group in a safe location..... so guess what anyone claiming they are at the cave entrance is a captive now. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: yes Diz's Signature is correct all DM's are evil! :D

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Alanis shall boldly go into that cave to rescue his captive companions! :lol: :lol:

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by saalaria »

GreyWolfVT wrote:invisibility is all worn off Gandrel would be captured then at that location. If the party is at the caves then they have all been captured trust me lost of things there that would be easy to overpower you all. :twisted:

Okey dokey - hard to judge as we don't know how long we followed the orc for. Sorry wasn't clear - Gandrel is watching from the tree line of course!

GreyWolfVT

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

You can blame the DM I did not declare the time or anything kinda "winging it" again on you all so bare with me.

Ok before we go any further who is where I placed everyone and who is at the caves? Those at the caves are prisoners and I will PM you information I gave PyroArrow already. If you are with the group at the location I provided then there is a fight with some wild boars.

Return to “Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (2e)”