Dice rolls thread

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Dice rolls thread

#1 Post by max_vale »

If I remember right; somebody had asked about seeing the rolls; so here's a thread to show everyone the rolls I'm making. If this is no help to anyone; I can delete it....let me know! :)

Space Combat; first round:

Actions:

-Zinn does full Evasive (supersedes Initiative): Pilot Skill 6D + Maneuverability 1D means 7D: [7d6] = 23

This is added to the range default of 15 for the TIE fighters shooting at medium range for a new Difficulty number of: 38

-Greystarr (Perception 3D+2) takes a shot with the Twin Laser Cannon at one of the TIEs at medium range with MECH 3D+1 (no Gunnery skill) and Fire control +2 for a total of 4D: [4d6] = 18

As the TIEs weren't dodging; this is enough to defeat the default Difficulty number of 15; so a hit is scored....YAY!

Damage roll (5D) vs. the TIE fighter's Hull code (2D); Damage roll:[5d6] = 24; TIE's Hull roll: [2d6] = 12

The damage roll is twice as high as the Hull roll so Heavy Damage is scored!

Next up are the remaining two TIE pilots (PER 3D) and Borsk at the Shields (3D Sense....but Borsk's roll is only if hits are scored; so his PER/Sense isn't really important in this case)

TIEs 1 & 2 take shots with Gunnery 5D and FC +1D for 6D to attempt to hit Difficulty number 38; which is impossible; so they both miss

This concludes round 1

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Dice rolls thread

#2 Post by kipper »

I wasn't the one who asked about rolls, but it is interesting for me as I have never played this system before, so if you post them I'll be reading them to see how things work behind the scenes. Having said that, however, it's not important to my enjoyment of the game, so if it's not worth your time (or no one else is interested in them) then I wouldn't miss them if you chose not to post them.

Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by Jedi Skyler »

I'm not as interested in seeing the numbers as I am in seeing the results, so don't worry about my input here. I probably won't check this thread much, if at all.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by max_vale »

Okay; well that's two people's input....I'll keep posting the rolls for this fight at least; if nobody really wants to see it after that; I'll shut this thread down.

Space Combat; round 2:

Zinn will do two actions this turn; a quick evasive (supersedes initiative and then an attempt to get closer to the TIE/RC recon fighter (currently at Long range); the move will take place after all the laser-fire has taken place as Zinn's PER is 2D+2 and Greystarr, Borsk and the TIE pilots all have 3D or better PER/Sense.

Evasive roll (this result will serve as the new Difficulty number for the TIEs to attempt to beat to hit the Out Runner.

Pilot Skill of 6D, reduced to 5D for two actions; +1D for the ship's Maneuverability rating equals 6D: [6d6] = 17

Also; the TIE pilots are doing Quick Evasive actions as well; which also supersede initiative; they have Pilot Skills of 5D; reduced to 4D for two actions (they are also shooting at the Rebels); +1D+2 Maneuverability rating equals: 5D+2:
[5d6+2] = 18+2 = 20

Now Greystarr with his PER 3D+2 acts; he is shooting at one of the TIEs at short range; which would be Difficulty 10; but since they are using Evasive action; they are now Difficulty 20 per the roll above; he has MECH 3D+1 and Fire Control of +2 for a total of 4D: [4d6] = 17

Not enough; he misses

Next goes the TIE pilots (PER 3D) and Borsk (Sense 3D); Borsk will make a Shields roll if the TIEs hit

TIE 1: Gunnery Skill of 5D reduced to 4D for taking 2 actions this round; +1D for Fire Control equals 5D to attempt to hit a Difficulty number of 17 (per Zinn's Evasive roll above): [5d6] = 18

The TIE hits!

Now Borsk will attempt to angle the Shields to absorb the deflect the blast better. He has no points in the Shields skill; so this defaults to his MECH attribute of 2D. The Out Runner's Shields rating of 2D is added to this for a total of 4D. The TIEs are shooting at Short range; so the Difficulty number is 20. Keep your fingers crossed!

4D roll: [4d6] = 16

Ouch! The shots go through with no Shield bonus to help absorb the damage...the silver lining is the Shields are still rated at 4D.

Damage roll (5D): [5d6] = 20
vs. the Out Runner's Hull Code of 4D: [4d6] = 12

The Damage roll is greater than the Hull roll, but less than Twice greater. This means the ship has taken Light Damage! Per the (slightly modified) Damage table in the back of the book; the result of the roll (1D): [1d6] = 5

....means that the Ship's shield generators are damaged; meaning the Shield rating is reduced by 1D; so the Out Runner now only has 1D of Shields.

The second TIE fires; Gunnery skill of 5D, reduced to 4D for 2 actions +1D Fire Control equals 5D: [5d6] = 16

This misses the Evasive roll of 17 rolled above; just barely!

Finally; Zinn is attempting to get the ship closer to the TIE/RC which is at Long range; this is a straight up roll of the Pilot's skill + the Ship's speed dice; if the closing ship gets the better roll; the range decreases; if a Tie roll occurs the range remains the same; if the running ship gets the better roll; they can choose to maintain the range or increase it.

Zinn's Pilot Skill of 6D is reduced to 5D (for taking 2 actions) + the Out Runner's Speed rating of +1D equals: 6D: [6d6] = 17

The TIE/RC pilot has skill 5D; plus the Speed rating of +1D+2 for a total of 5D+2: [5d6+2] = 12+2 = 14

Zinn's roll is greater so the range to the TIE/RC closes to Medium range.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by max_vale »

Space Combat; round 3:

Zinn will once again do two actions this turn; a quick evasive (supersedes initiative and then an attempt to get closer to the TIE/RC recon fighter (currently at Medium range); the move will take place after all the laser-fire has taken place as Zinn's PER is 2D+2 and Greystarr, Borsk and the TIE pilots all have 3D or better PER/Sense.

Evasive roll (this result will serve as the new Difficulty number for the TIEs to attempt to beat to hit the Out Runner.

Pilot Skill of 6D, reduced to 5D for two actions; +1D for the ship's Maneuverability rating equals 6D: [6d6] = [6d6] = 18

Also; the TIE pilots are doing Quick Evasive actions as well; which also supersede initiative; they have Pilot Skills of 5D; reduced to 4D for two actions (they are also shooting at the Rebels); +1D+2 Maneuverability rating equals: 5D+2: [5d6+2] = 14+2 = 16

The TIE/RC pilot is doing evasive and attempting to get away from the incoming Outrunner; the evasive roll happens now and as per above; he has 5D+2 to roll: [5d6+2] = 19+2 = 21

All of these actions supersede initiative; now we go in PER/Sense order for the actions:

Greystarr (who is spending a Force Point) with his PER 3D+2 increased to 6D+2 for this round now acts. He is going to take 3 actions; attempt to shoot each of the TIEs once; starting with the TIE/RC at medium range and then each of the TIEs at short range. The TIE/RC's evasive roll per above is 21; this is the Difficulty number for the first shot. His MECH skill is increased by 3D for this round due to the Force point so it is at 6D+1 with a Fire Control for the twin laser cannon of +2 for a total of 7D; reduced by 2D for taking 3 actions for a final of 5D: [5d6] = 21

He JUST BARELY HITS!

Damage roll of 5D is compared to the TIE's hull roll of 2D. Damage roll: [5d6] = 13. Hull roll: [2d6] = 3. The damage roll is more than 3 times the Hull roll; the TIE/RC is destroyed!

He then takes a shot at each of the two regular TIEs at short range; whose evasive actions per above make the Difficulty number 16; first shot at 5D: [5d6] = 17

This Hits! The Twin Laser Cannon does 5D damage: [5d6] = 16; vs. TIE Hull of 2D: [2d6] = 6

The damage roll is more than 2x as high as the Hull code; which means the TIE would be Heavily Damaged if it was the PCs ship or something more than a 'mook' ship; but as it's just a mook ship; in my house-rules; that means it goes BOOM. :)

The last shot at the second TIE is at 5D: [5d6] = 12; and this is a miss as the TIE's evasive roll was a 16 per above.

Next Borsk (who's also spending a Force Point) would act as his SENSE skill is increased to 6D for this round; but his action is to angle the Shields; and this only occurs if a Hit from the TIEs are scored; so we'll wait a second on that.

Next goes the TIE pilot (PER 3D).

TIE 1 (the surviving TIE); now takes his shot with a Gunnery Skill of 5D reduced to 4D for taking 2 actions this round; +1D for Fire Control equals 5D to attempt to hit a Difficulty number of 18 (per Zinn's Evasive roll above): [5d6] = 15

The TIE misses!

Borsk and then Zinn would both go now; Borsk using the Shields; but as the shot misses there is no need (Sorry about the Force point expenditure!); and Zinn trying to get closer to the TIE/RC; but the Fighter is now destroyed!

angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by angelicdoctor »

Ah, well. That's the chance you take! No worries.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by max_vale »

Space Combat: Round 4

One surviving TIE is attempting to evade and increase the range from the Out Runner to it from Short to Medium

Greystarr will be attempting to take a called shot at the TIE to disable it (this adds +10 to the Difficulty number; if he makes the 'regular' difficulty number but is less than 10 above it; he hits the target as a normal shot)

Zinn will attempt to keep the Rebel freighter close to the TIE

Borsk will attempt to jam the TIE's transmissions; this uses the MECH skill Systems Ops + the Out Runner's Comm score; which in this case is 1D.

In PER/SENSE order we'll go:

TIE pilot makes an Evasion roll (supersedes initiative); Pilot Skill of 5D; reduced to 4D for two actions (He is also attempting to increase the range); +1D+2 Maneuverability rating equals: 5D+2: [5d6+2] = 12+2 = 14

This is the Difficulty number for Grey's shot; which occurs now

Greystarr will be using his MECH skill of 3D+1 and add the Fire Control for the Twin Turret of +2 for a total of 4D to attempt to get a 24 for a disabling shot (14 + 10); if he gets anything between 14 thru 23; he hits per normal rules:
[4d6] = 18

This results in a normal hit; so Damage roll of 5D (Twin Blaster Turret): [5d6] = 18

(The die roller seems to like 18 today! :) )

TIE Hull roll (2D) to resist damage: [2d6] = 5

18 is more than 3 times as high as 5 so the TIE is destroyed

Borsk would go now; but there's no need to jam a TIE that's no longer there! :)

Likewise Zinn has no need to pursue a destroyed TIE; so he'll head back to the original heading....

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by max_vale »

Clark's Languages roll to understand the Verpine: [4d6] = 15

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”