Part 2: Enroute to Tragidore

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Part 2: Enroute to Tragidore

#321 Post by Dogma »

As the other two run off (presumably out of the silence spell affect radius), Thifli yells out, "Hold there! We don't want to hurt you but we'll pepper you with arrows if you don't hold still! Besides we've got your other two friends here. You dodn't want to be running off without them, do you?'

If they stop, just approach them to walk them over to the others, if they keep running, he aims for the kneecaps (non-lethal damage if possible)

Short bow: to hit [1d20] = 18, damage [1d8] = 8

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#322 Post by GreyWolfVT »

BTW it is hard to do nonlethal combat with projectiles like arrows and bolts but I am playing with the idea of blunted arrow tips basically like a rubber cap at the end so the tip can't penetrate. Anyways the two that were running are caught the last two are running or were until they saw what looked like someone shout to them but they heard nothing and seeing all the bows aimed at them they stop and surrender. You now have 4 captives one is wounded but not fatally. One is still held in a spell hold. The other two have dropped their arms and put their hands up in a surrender signal they are on their knees.

Pardon my skipping ahead. You bind the rest up and have them in a place off the side of the road to question them. What do you wish to ask them?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#323 Post by Dune »

Dune walks up staff in his hand and leans on it eyeing the men.. "Well isn't this a bunch." He clamors.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#324 Post by Dogma »

GreyWolfVT wrote:BTW it is hard to do nonlethal combat with projectiles like arrows and bolts but I am playing with the idea of blunted arrow tips basically like a rubber cap at the end so the tip can't penetrate.
Yeah, I realize that, I was hoping that the 'to hit' was high enough and enough damage done to warrant a called shot to the leg that incapacitated the injured.

"Aye," agreed Thifli, "But a bunch of what remains to be seen."

He walks a circuit around the group of men, "Who are you and why are you skulking about in the woods?" he asks sternly. "We've been told about bandits and other troublemakers in the area. Be quick about telling us your business here and this doesn't have to get any worse than it is."

GreyWolfVT

#325 Post by GreyWolfVT »

One of the Uninjured Men says "Some kind of giant swamp monster has been carrying off the men of the town." another one of the men pipes in "We beg of you go no farther towards Tragidore or the swamp monster will take you all."

For loot information and XP please keep looking here: Update character sheets and verify what people are taking and not taking please. viewtopic.php?f=119&t=2439&start=20
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#326 Post by PyroArrow »

Theodore Mumfordian (Half Sylvanian Wood-Elf) Ranger lvl:5 HP 21/21 AC 5):

"Are you the ones that frightened a wagon load of women & children? Why them & not the swamp monster, did this swamp monster turn you all into
bumbling cowards?!"

Theodore asks the men, his bow now at
his right side with bowstring & still nocked arrow in his right hand.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

GreyWolfVT

#327 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The same uninjured man says to Theodore "Women what women?"

Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#328 Post by Dune »

"Something strange here what women.. why that wagon full that came near here. Didn't you lads see them?"Describe this monster thats terrorizing the people of Tragidore the is probably some sick joke Eirik." Dune states showing some mistrust in these ruffians.

GreyWolfVT

#329 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The apparent talker "We didn't see no wagon. The swamp monster looks like a swam monster all big and greenish sharp nasty claws and hates fire. When you strike it regenerates what you hack off just regrows."
The one held by Neev's Spell "Thats right them things come outta the swamp and take the men into the woods. We never did see no wagon or men on the road."
The other uninjured fellow "Shut it you idiots." he kicks the two that keep talking.
The one with the arrow wound doesn't say anything and looks to be in a bit of pain.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#330 Post by PyroArrow »

Theodore Mumfordian (Half Sylvanian Wood-Elf) Ranger lvl:5 HP 21/21 AC 5):

"Hmm, these here Swamp Monsters sound like a breed of Trolls for sure."

"Maybe, it will refresh someones memory here when we hang all of you by your toes for the Swamp Monster to take."
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Talmor
Guide
Guide

#331 Post by Talmor »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Thats right them things come outta the swamp and take the men into the woods. We never did see no wagon or men on the road."
Men? Funny. I don't recall us mentioning any "men." says Eirik. And if you are out here guarding the roads for poor, benighted travellers, why are you watching the town so intently, hmm? Fellows, I think you had best be a tad more forthcoming. Otherwise, we shall have to continue this conversation elsewhere. Perhaps in town, eh? I'm certain they would be honored to reward you for your vigilance.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#332 Post by saalaria »

Gandrel helps the man to remove the arrow.
"We can heal your wound if you tell us the truth. he says quietly to the man.

GreyWolfVT

#333 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Injured Man "I'll not tell you anything different than what you've heard already."
The Talker of the group "Leave him alone he don't know nothin' but what we been tellin' ya."
The Man Held "Men what men we didn't say nothin' 'bout no men other than the one them swamp monsters are takin'. Like we said we never saw them men walking down the road."
The other uninjured man "Stop talking you idiots."

Talmor
Guide
Guide

#334 Post by Talmor »

Ignoring the rest, Eirik leans in towards the Held man I believe that you all meant no harm, but we need to know EXACTLY what has been going on here. Tell me what you know When the uninjured one attempts to protest, Eirik glares at him with his hand on the hilt of his blade to silence him.

GreyWolfVT

#335 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Injured Man finally breaks "Fine I admit it we robbed them ladies in the wagon. We've been robbing folks fleeing the town mostly those we can overpower like the women. We didn't rob the men as they looked as if they could overpower us. You already found our stash from what it appears you'll find everything there that we stole. Please please heal my wound I can't take the pain anymore."
The Held Man is red in the face and madder than hell "You wuss can't take a little arrow in the leg before you spill your guts why'd I let you join my crew anyways you idiot! If I knew you'd turn to a rat so soon I'd have gutted you by now, it's lucky for you that they caught us before I could."

Talmor
Guide
Guide

#336 Post by Talmor »

Eirik takes a step back. Keeping one wary eye on the men, he signals his companions to gather round. Speaking quietly, he says "These fellows seem like nothing more than simple bandits, taking an opportunity they lacked the courage to pass up on. I say we heal them, as we promised, then take them to town with us to let what remains of the local authorities to deal with. What say you?"

Awaiting a reply, he turns his full attention back to the captives, less any attempt anything.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#337 Post by Dogma »

"We can take them to the town, but we might be doing them a favor to just kill them now." says Thifli. "I can't picture them townsfolk taking too kindly to people who have taken advantage of them in their time of need. At least I wouldn't want to face a mob of angry women," he finishes with a shudder.

"Still, I'm not one to cut a man down in cold blood. Let's take them to town and turn them over."

GreyWolfVT

#338 Post by GreyWolfVT »

So the consensus is to take them to town and put them to whatever law remains in Tragidore?

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#339 Post by saalaria »

argh - ignore me. Thatll teach me to skim read bfore posting. Better post to follow!
Last edited by saalaria on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Talmor
Guide
Guide

#340 Post by Talmor »

"If you think there's more info, go ahead." Eirik will stay with the rest, get them all tied up and ready for transport. Might even throw around a little "your friend is giving you all up, if you want to get out of this, you better cooperate" spiel.

Return to “Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (2e)”