Part 1: Setting the Scenes: Town of Hanuman

Talmor
Guide
Guide

Re: Part 1: Setting the Scenes: Town of Hanuman

#21 Post by Talmor »

Eirik will generally keep to himself, though asking the local clergy seems like as good an idea as any.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by PyroArrow »

Theodore Mumfordian (Half Sylvanian Wood-Elf) Ranger HP 8/8 AC 5)

Theodore to Thifli:
"Alright, we find the local Church then. Just give them the silver pence whether they are of help or not."
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Lubidius
Runner
Runner

#23 Post by Lubidius »

Lubidius grudgingly follows his fellows to the church... "I've got things to confess while I'm there, Two birds and all." Lub scratches his hind quarter, and fumbles about, the ever nimble thief that he is. [OOC: IF there is a known cadre of thieves in the area, I ask them about the town in question from their perspective, but will not dawdle too much to slow things down. Only if convenient to check in with them]

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

You come to the church in Hanuman and the following symbol is on the doors of the church Image there are the typical clergy in and about the church cleaning, reading, praying. One greets you and says "welcome to the church of Pelor all are welcomed within." with that the man opens the door and allows you all entry. The followers of Pelor are all dressed like this.
Inside the church you see a great painting behind the pulpit.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

velkymx
Runner
Runner

#25 Post by velkymx »

Is the door locked?

Talmor
Guide
Guide

#26 Post by Talmor »

Eirik makes the traditional gestures upon entering a sacred space, the bows humbly to the Pelorite.

"Greeting Brother, we seek your guidance in assisting a local community in need. A village known as Tragidore?"

I assume Eirik will know the correct term for a priest of Pelor, but if not we'll chalk it up to his uncivilized background

GreyWolfVT

#27 Post by GreyWolfVT »

velkymx wrote:Is the door locked?
No the door is being held open by one of the clergy that works here.
Talmor wrote:Eirik makes the traditional gestures upon entering a sacred space, the bows humbly to the Pelorite.
"Greeting Brother, we seek your guidance in assisting a local community in need. A village known as Tragidore?"
I assume Eirik will know the correct term for a priest of Pelor, but if not we'll chalk it up to his uncivilized background
Yes you are familiar with the proper terms and greetings. "Unfortunately my duties lie here in Hanuman. I am obligated to help keep this church going." the man says in response.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#28 Post by Dune »

I agree dune says munching on his expensive bread, let's head to the local church I need to buy some quills and parchment off them anyway.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by PyroArrow »

Theodore to Brother of Pelor:

"I see, in that case, do you know of anyone perchance, that knows where the town of Tragidore is & how to get there & how long a journey?"

"We have seen a posting asking for assistance there & would like to help."
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :

Player:

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)

GreyWolfVT

#30 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dune wrote:I agree dune says munching on his expensive bread, let's head to the local church I need to buy some quills and parchment off them anyway.
You are already at the church ;)
PyroArrow wrote: Theodore to Brother of Pelor:

"I see, in that case, do you know of anyone perchance, that knows where the town of Tragidore is & how to get there & how long a journey?"

"We have seen a posting asking for assistance there & would like to help."
"Ah yes it is quite simple you just follow the road out of town Tragidore is our neighboring town. If you wish more details let us chat more once everyone is in the church." the Brother of Pelor says.

As the party is filing into the church assuming you all enter. you will notice that some of the signs for help wanted have been taken down perhaps by other adventurers or by townsfolk of Hanuman.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by PyroArrow »

Theodore steps inside the Church of Pelor & awaits the others to follow.

Player:

Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by Dune »

Dune cautiously enters the great church of pelor, big deal he thinks. But quickly he looks to see what type of candlebras they use, for maybe he could buy some for his own studies. Churches historically give Dune the creeps who would rather be in a cave than a church. So much wasteful thought going on here he thought. A good book on cantrips would be much more comforting.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#33 Post by Dogma »

"Aye, I'll be coming in, but we don't have much time for long talks. I know how you godly types like to go on and on. Well, we have business to attend to and can't lollygag about."grumbles Thifli, "Just tell us the way to Tragidore and we'll be going about our business."

GreyWolfVT

#34 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"ah yes, right to the point. I'll tell you what I know from what we have heard and seen over the past few months." the Radiant Servant of Pelor says and motions for you to all sit for a moment at a table to the side with several chairs around it. He then sits in one of the chairs and prepares to inform you of what is going on and how to get to Tragidore. Information on Pelor is located in the Locations & NPC's thread for more information look there.

Even if nobody sits down the Servant of Pelor just continues on "The help wanted signs from Tragidore have been appearing intermittently in Hanuman for about six weeks. Usually a notice is taken down by someone shortly after it is posted, to prevent other people from learning about the opportunity and grabbing the reward. But apparently no one has claimed the reward yet, because another sign was just put up earlier today. Most likely you have already seen one of these signs or else you likely would not be asking about Tragidore. The only people who have been seen putting up the signs are females." he pauses for a moment to make sure everyone has head him and awaits any comments from the group before going on to say more.

"Tragidore is about 30 miles west and slightly north of Hanuman as the crow flies, or roughly 35 miles away if you stay on the main road that goes out of Hanuman. The main road runs due west for about 9 miles, then goes north for about 5 miles to the fringe of a wooded area, and then angles west and north until it gets to Tragidore." He then stops there to see if there is anymore information the travelers require of him.

Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#35 Post by Dune »

hmm what sort of reward is being offered?Dune asks the pelor officialand do we have a contact to meet once we get there? Is the roads relatively safe or should we be a little more cautious. I'd hate to have to waist a spell on every would be bandit kobold or orc we should see if we do.replies Dune dryly.

GreyWolfVT

#36 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dune wrote:hmm what sort of reward is being offered?Dune asks the pelor officialand do we have a contact to meet once we get there? Is the roads relatively safe or should we be a little more cautious. I'd hate to have to waist a spell on every would be bandit kobold or orc we should see if we do.replies Dune dryly.
The sign said: Help Wanted Desperately! The town of Tragidore is in need of a few brave souls to undertake a perilous mission. The danger is great, but the reward for success is very generous. Interested parties should travel to the Cawing Crow in Tragidore and ask for Marta.

velkymx
Runner
Runner

#37 Post by velkymx »

OK I think we should jump on the road and head out to find Marla!

Talmor
Guide
Guide

#38 Post by Talmor »

Eirik, having sat and listened carefully to the words of the Brother, shifts uncomfortably in his seat. This whole business was beginning to take on a disturbing element. While he still believes that the cause is just, he was starting to think there was more they should know before plunging ahead. Alas, he knows not what to ask that might clarify things for them.

Coughing quietly, he says "Brother, thank you for your time and the information. I have just a few questions, if I may? Is it always the same young lady posting the signs? Or does it differ? Do you know of this woman, or women? I mean," he continued briskly, fearing that he was beginning to ramble, and hoping one of his wittier companions would have something more intelligent to ask "are they from Hanuman, or Tragidore, or somewhere else? Also, while I understand your interests and focus are, must, and should be focused on your people here in Hanuman, have you heard any of stories or tales from Tragidore that might hint at what plagues them so? Six weeks is quite a long time for help being 'desperately' needed, and if others have traveled on, they might not have met the best of ends." Having spoken so, Eirik slinks back in his chair, hoping he did not say the wrong thing or misjudged the room.

I'm ready to head out whenever everyone else is

GreyWolfVT

#39 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Servant of Pelor clears his throat and says "Eirik was it? Well I have seen different young women posting such signs it appears a different woman each day of the week and I believe them to be from Tragidore as they are not familiar to my eyes other than from seeing them posting up the signs. he pauses for a moment and then continues "There is some history here you see Hanuman and Tragidore have a cooperative economic arrangement or at least they did, until Tragidore began to have its problems. Tragidore was founded on the edge of a large forest and has built up a large logging industry, which supplies the people of Hanuman with lumber for construction. In return, the farmers who live in and around Hanuman ship their produce to Tragidore, which does not have
enough good agricultural land in its immediate area to feed all the people who live there. About two months ago, the regular lumber shipments from Tragidore began to taper off, and shortly thereafter they stopped altogether."

Then after another pause to clear his throat again the Servant of Pelor goes on some more "I have heard some rumors and stories that a few of the merchants from Hanuman traveled to Tragidore to investigate, but they haven’t been heard from since. A few other residents who thought they could take matters into their own hands also set forth to find out what happened . . . and apparently met with the same mysterious fate. About a week and a half ago, the four Kordona brothers-Hanuman’s most renowned fighters-headed for Tragidore after it became apparent that the problem wasn’t going to be solved by people of lesser repute. They haven’t returned or sent word back to their family; although it’s still a little early to assume the worst, the townsfolk are becoming more apprehensive about them with every passing day. All of the people who have tried to investigate are males. The people of Hanuman are living in fear. Many of them think that some great and evil magic is at work, which soon Tragidore will be wiped off the face of the earth, and after that Hanuman will be next. Others who are less inclined to panic believe that Tragidoie’s problem is an isolated incident but they aren’t about to go near the place until things are back to normal." He stops there and concludes with "I hope that was no too long winded for your ears but that is all that I know. I do hope it provides some useful information to you all and may Pelor bless thy journey."

Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by Dune »

bah its probably nothing in tragidore but some bandits off the side of the road robbing and stealing folk and the like. I say we go on ahead and wipe them out. Thank you kind sir for your information. and with that Dune grabs his staff to prepare to leave. Fear is such a terrible weapon along with making these women place signs all up and down creation, I just bet if we walk up the road will see these would be thugs and I'll magic missile there leader in one shot, wham bamm back home in two days and richer to boot.what do you comrades think looking at his friends?

Return to “Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (2e)”