Part 1: Setting the Scenes: Town of Hanuman

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Part 1: Setting the Scenes: Town of Hanuman

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The life of an adventurer is not all gold and glory, and right now no one knows that better than you do. To say that you've been down on your luck lately would be putting things pretty mildly. First there was the “treasure cache” in the hills that turned out to be nothing more than a worm-eaten wooden box (empty, of course) and a small collection of rusty spearheads. Then came the lightning storm in the middle of the night that scared off all but one of your horses. The last straw was just three days ago, when you invited a wandering minstrel to share your campfire. By sunrise he was gone-and so was your remaining horse and most of the rest of your gear. After walking for two days, you limped literally- into the town of Hanuman. Now, with a good night’s sleep and a decent meal behind you, your outlook (if not your situation) is starting to improve. Where will you go from here? Maybe that question will be answered in the very near future . . . , As you stroll through the business district, you see a beautiful woman posting a sign on a fence post in the plaza. When she walks away, you notice a few of the townsfolk glance at the sign and keep on walking, as though they've seen something like it before. But it’s new to you, so you give in to your curiosity and walk over to see what it says:

Help Wanted Desperately! The town of Tragidore is in need of a few brave souls to undertake a perilous mission. The danger is great, but the reward for success is very generous. Interested parties should travel to the Cawing Crow in Tragidore and ask for Marta.

Well, maybe things are starting to look up. Now, if you only knew how to get to Tragidore.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

velkymx
Runner
Runner

Re: Part 1 Setting the Scenes: Town of Hanuman

#2 Post by velkymx »

I'm in! Who knows the way to the town?!?

Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by Dune »

"Bah" Dune says smuggly "let's go find a farm hand to point us to the probable town, leaning on his staff. My stomach feels queezy from after eating so much last night. I still can't believe that last treasure hunt turned out to be a dud. Maybe the town is nearby? I could just lightning bolt a path to clear the way." Dune says jokingly.

Talmor
Guide
Guide

#4 Post by Talmor »

Eirik raises one eyebrow at the impetuous Half-Elf, not quite getting the joke, but saying nothing. The recent misfortune he and his companions had suffered have left him even more unsure of his path than before. Still, this certainly seemed a worthy cause, and part of him was looking for some action, as much as it shamed him to admit it. He glances at the rest of his companions and seeing no opposition, sets off to find a suitable local to ask directions from.

GreyWolfVT

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Just awaiting Dogma, Lubidius, ybn1197, and PyroArrow to do their initial reply/response and or finish up character creation.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Dune »

For so long we have wandered these lands and finally a scrap of paper tells us of guts and glory, why I ever left my homeland I'm not sure. Animals plants heck I should have just been a botanist an observer. Where is o good tracker scout when we needed one Eirik? At least the days have been clear. Maybe tragidore will need my services, the locals probably could use a good lightning show. Get me a hundred gold quick smirks Dune.
Last edited by Dune on Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by ybn1197 »

Neev looks from the sign post to Dune and Eirik. I can not speak for either of you, but it seems that Pelor is pointing the way for me. Why else would such misfortunes besiege us and then a request for help so quickly on those heels? Neev follows after Eirik in the hopes of finding someone to point them on their way.

Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by Dune »

Dune lifts his staff and checks his pouches one last time, his precious ingredients entrusted , heading along with the others.,

Lubidius
Runner
Runner

#9 Post by Lubidius »

Lubidius picks something out of his grimy hair. "Money... and I aint's got to steal it none? I'm in..." He flicks the piece of, Gods knows what out onto the ground, making a grimace. "Looks like yesterday's lunch still in me hair. Hrrmm." He picks the rancid cheese back up from the ground and nibbles on it while looking over everyone else's shoulder at the sign for aid. "So.. where is this here Tragidore at? Purses to pick, peoples to charm...." Making a loogie sound with his throat; Lubidius spits on the ground. A real charmer he is. He smiles at the crew , gnarly yellow teeth, and a hole the size of a gold piece in the front.

GreyWolfVT

Re: Part 1: Setting the Scenes: Town of Hanuman

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright. You guys have just entered the town of Hanuman. You saw the woman posting up the Help Wanted signs. You have all read the sign, and see the woman is continuing through the town posting up more of the same signs. You see the townsfolk of Hanuman watch her and just plainly act as if she is wasting her time they look at her shake their heads or just outright ignore her as if it is all a wasted effort and they go about their business as if this is a common day for them.

There are buildings all over homes businesses and lots of farms. Hanuman appears to look as if it is mainly a farming agricultural town. There are carts in the streets with folks selling fresh veggies and fruits. Some selling flour, wheat, corn and other starches. You see a couple taverns, stores, a bakery, a few smithies, a large church an Inn and various other homes and businesses. There also many many fields with farmers and other workers tending the crops as well as a few windmills and a mill near the river side off to one side of the town. Nobody stops to say a word to any of you as they are busily tending to daily chores.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by ybn1197 »

Neev stops as he is walking as if some idea had just formed. "Mayhaps, my fine companions, this woman who is posting these signs will know how to get to Tragidore." Neev turns and heads off after the woman at a quickened pace so as not to loose her as she goes about posting the signs. "Fair maid," he calls after her. "A moment of your time please. My travelling companions and I have seen your posters seeking help and we are more than willing to do so. Could you please tell us the fastest way to get to Tragidore? And we are the people of Hanuman so non-concerned about the plight of Tragidore?"

Dune
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by Dune »

why that's a total waste of parchment putting those signs on trees perhaps she could sell me some for my future scrolls. Neev ask her where she gets her parchments why your at it.states Dune.if she's looking for champions then look no further than us lady.Dune grabs his backpack and tags a long swig of water.hmm fresh bread.Dune goes to the bakery to buy some much needed bread.

Talmor
Guide
Guide

#13 Post by Talmor »

With others having stepped up and begun speaking, Eirik steps back to his more familiar roll as a witness. Ever since Elise, he had learned the wisdom of a closed mouth and a still tongue.

He intends to keep to himself, unless things turn disastrous and he needs to step in.

Lubidius
Runner
Runner

#14 Post by Lubidius »

:shock: :shock: Thats a strange lot that Neev is. Not a mumbled word to the ladies that grinned at us at the tavern last night, but alls vim and vigorous when it comes to runnings after coin. Lub said with a toothy grin. Im liking him more every day. (ooc, follow closely)
Last edited by Lubidius on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Anyone else have anything more to do or say?? Before I update and move on? Still have heard nothing from at least 2 players.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by PyroArrow »

Theodore Mumfordian (Half Sylvanian Wood-Elf) Ranger HP 8/8 AC 5)

Theodore is pretty much keeping to himself, following Neev as he queries the Maiden about the job sign.
Last edited by PyroArrow on Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright, so have not heard from Dogma at all on here or Velkymx since his initial reply. Moving forward...

The maiden posting up signs keeps going on with her work and says "I get paid by the folks of Tragidore to post these signs, I do as they ask of me and other than that know very little other than they pay me well enough to just post up help wanted signs." after that she moves off further into town and you all lose sight of her. Some locals see your interaction and chuckle and go about their business. One of you thinks you head one of the townsfolk mutter "Wasting their time with that one they are."

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by PyroArrow »

Theodore Mumfordian (Half Sylvanian Wood-Elf) Ranger HP 8/8 AC 5)

Theodore looks around to where he thought he heard the voice, & says aloud,

"Very well, then, care to tell us as to which direction to take to get to Tragidore & how long of a trip it is to get there?

Or perhaps you would like that town's Troubles to come here, in that case my group here will just sit along the side of the road & laugh

at your attempts to rid yourselves of it."
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Dogma »

"Bah, enough with this," grumbled Thifli, "I say we goes ask at the church there. Blasted clerics are always nosing into other people's business. They'll know the way to Tragidore. Bet a piece of silver against some of yesterday's lunch from Lub's hair on it. "
Last edited by Dogma on Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreyWolfVT

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright so having questioned the woman who appears to be more agile than expected gave you a brief answer then was gone by the time you all tried to ask her anything more. Where she went nobody appears to know. Thifli suggests going to the local church and asking some more sensible folk for more information. Theodore you ask the questions but by the time you finish you realize the woman is no longer anywhere in sight. Everyone else either comments to themselves or says literally nothing.

What would you all like to do now?

Return to “Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (2e)”